Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2018, 10:59   #706
BANNED

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
since the Hexa is more of a Xylo competitor
Do you really mean this? Hexa a Xylo competitor??

The Hexa is today the most premium MUV in the market in its segment and the Xylo is a dying cab, I hope the Mahindra salesperson didn't give you this misleading statement.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 14:56   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Do you really mean this? Hexa a Xylo competitor??

The Hexa is today the most premium MUV in the market in its segment and the Xylo is a dying cab, I hope the Mahindra salesperson didn't give you this misleading statement.
Oops! My bad- I meant XUV competitor- was probably thinking Xylo for some reason. I'll check with the Mod on how to edit the thread

Last edited by HighwayofLife : 20th October 2018 at 14:59.
Old 21st October 2018, 12:21   #708
Senior - BHPian

Auto.ndtv.com reports that Mahindra has rolled out a software update for Marazzo which makes the ICE compatible with Apple Carplay
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 16:42   #709
BHPian

Looks like the 'taxi-fication' of the Marazzo has begun. Sighted the first one today it was an M6 variant with captain seats.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img5266.jpg
lionell is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:11   #710
BHPian

Even I saw a yellow plate Marazzo yesterday. I quite liked the vehicle though. Reminded of the old Innova.
Old 24th October 2018, 18:18   #711
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Marazzo now comes with Apple CarPlay

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV was launched earlier this year. Higher variants come equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system. In addition to Android Auto it now gets Apple CarPlay connectivity option as well.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-marazzo-apple.jpg

The new feature will allow users to connect their Apple devices seamlessly with the infotainment system and access phone calls, music and Siri Search. Additionally, the system offers features like GPS-enabled navigation, voice commands, SMS readout, Mahindra BlueSense App and emergency call function.

The Marazzo is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine which produces 121 BHP @ 3,500 rpm and a peak torque of 300 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Rumours suggest that Mahindra is likely to launch petrol and AMT versions of the Marazzo around 2020.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 22:52   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Looks like the 'taxi-fication' of the Marazzo has begun. Sighted the first one today it was an M6 variant with captain seats.

Attachment 1811048
Of course it will be taxified. That's what will drive the market and volumes. And that's a good thing, because it means spares and service will be easy to find, including emergency FNG support, should one need it
HighwayofLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 18:49   #713
BANNED

This is the most interesting - and baffling! - thread I have come across among the recent ones. There are almost as many divergent views as there are posts. But after sifting a little carefully one can sense a mild polarization of opinion between approvers and disapprovers (pardon the syntax!).

The interesting contrary opinions concern turbo lag - those who found negligible lag to those who found appreciable lag.
Among the other aspects of the car which garnered divergent views (and comparisons) were 2nd row & 3rd row space/knee room, in-city and highway performance, NVH levels (mostly favorable views on this). I was hoping that there would be some feed-back about hill-road driving behavior with a fully laden vehicle, since I harbour some doubts regarding this issue.

I am now looking forward to the T-BHP official review which I know will throw light on most of the views expressed here.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 16:43   #714
BHPian

My Shark arrived yesterday. Will be putting up a delivery experience and early ownership review soon. Quick first impressions- this car is QUIET, like really really silent. You hardly even hear the engine, and have to look at the Tacho to know if it's on. Though it's an MUV, it's very car-like to drive, and has a low turning radius, which makes it fun to drive in the city, and makes U-turns really easy. The delivery experience from Koncept was wonderful, with very courteous staff ensuring that the delivery process was made absolutely simple. They gave very good explanation of the vehicle features and treated us like royalty as we took the vehicle.

On a side note, I disposed of the Scorpio this morning through Cars24, which was also very smooth. But that will be the subject of another thread
HighwayofLife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 17:30   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Shark arrived yesterday. Will be putting up a delivery experience and early ownership review soon. Quick first impressions- this car is QUIET, like really really silent. You hardly even hear the engine, and have to look at the Tacho to know if it's on. Though it's an MUV, it's very car-like to drive, and has a low turning radius, which makes it fun to drive in the city, and makes U-turns really easy. The delivery experience from Koncept was wonderful, with very courteous staff ensuring that the delivery process was made absolutely simple. They gave very good explanation of the vehicle features and treated us like royalty as we took the vehicle.

On a side note, I disposed of the Scorpio this morning through Cars24, which was also very smooth. But that will be the subject of another thread
Congratulations!

I was looking forward to this vehicle for a friend of mine, but that purchase got postponed.
I got a sneak peak at the vehicle when it was being tested about a year ago, the final product has come out very well.

The concerns with regards to front wheel drive are no bother since we already have seven seaters like XUV, Ertiga that are very popular not to mention all the top selling compact and sub 4m SUVs being front wheel drive.

I hope their service centers improve as much, I personally find the ones i visit in Bangalore to be excellent but that experience is not consistent across other states.

Which variant did you purchase?
Old 3rd November 2018, 19:10   #716
BHPian

I am considering Marazzo.

I took a test drive earlier this week. My views are given below:

Pros:
  • Easy ingress / egress. Low floor makes it quite easy. You don’t have to climb in. It suits my parents.
  • Seats are comfortable
  • Third row is quite usable.
  • Rear AC is good
  • Ride quality is quite good, particularly with full load.
  • Flat floor
  • Boot space, though not much, is better than most of the competition and can be lived with
  • Easy to maneuver
  • Decent power in mid-range
  • NVH levels are quite low
  • Four disc brakes, ABS are standard in all variants
Cons:
  • Engine’s low-end is quite weak. Parking ramps and steep inclines would be difficult
  • There is a very narrow rpm range where you can enjoy driving
  • Long clutch travel
  • With the above two, driving in traffic would be painful
  • No 6 airbags option, even in top end
  • Steering not adjustable to for reach
  • Brakes are okay but not great
Others:
  • No automatic or petrol option
  • Higher variants get quite costly
Conclusion:

It is a decent car from passenger’s point of view. However, an enthusiast wouldn’t really enjoy driving it.

My concerns:
  1. Would Mahindra start offering more discounts in near future, particularly after the launch of Ertiga / towards year end? They are already offering 15 K exchange bonus.
  2. Would new Ertiga be a better/ VFM option?
vagabond128 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:59   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Congratulations!

I hope their service centers improve as much, I personally find the ones i visit in Bangalore to be excellent but that experience is not consistent across other states.

Which variant did you purchase?
I bought the M8. Honestly, the service centers in Gurugram are very good. The I didn't have much to complain about in the 5 years I got my Scorpio serviced here. I really had a huge problem with Zulaikha motors and the other service center when I was in Chennai though
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:05   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
[*]Engine’s low-end is quite weak. Parking ramps and steep inclines would be difficult[*]There is a very narrow rpm range where you can enjoy driving
]
I disagree. I initially felt this as well. But the apartment I stay in has a steep exit ramp, which the vehicle takes with ease in 2nd gear, similar to how my Scorpio did. And in using it in all sorts of conditions over the last 2 days, both open roads and bumper to bumper stuff, I'm actually finding it quite fun to drive
It's not a diesel rocket and was never intended to be, but the way the engine and suspension are tuned, driving in any sort of road condition is a pleasure, and Gurugram has some very bad roads indeed
HighwayofLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:51   #719
BHPian

Quote:
I disagree.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am curious to know what if you stop on the ramp and start again? How easy or difficult would it be to get a move on?

I stalled the vehicle on my first such experience during the test drive. Vehicle had 7 occupants.
Old 3rd November 2018, 23:54   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am curious to know what if you stop on the ramp and start again? How easy or difficult would it be to get a move on?

I stalled the vehicle on my first such experience during the test drive. Vehicle had 7 occupants.
I haven't had the chance to try that. But I can tell you that if you have driven another vehicle like the Scorpio, you will find this vehicle's handling a bit different, and that will cause you to have engine stalls in some cases. I think I will try to stop it on the exit ramp and start again, to give you an answer tomorrow

But here's my point- Taxi Drivers routinely stop and start on the steep exit slope in my office building, and these vehicles are all CNG. If a CNG converted, heavily used Ertiga can manage this, the Marazzo won't struggle. Don't tell me a CNG Ertiga has more torque than a Marazzo ��

Last edited by theMAG : 4th November 2018 at 02:51. Reason: Typo fixed. "abd"="and"
HighwayofLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks