Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2018, 04:29   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
what amuses me is that inspite of being wider than the innova, it struggles to accomodate the 1.5 ltr engine in the engine bay. One review (motorbeam-faisal) observed that to access and remove battery inside hood one had to remove a couple of hoses on top of that. So inspite of being wide, the engine bay is short on space which can only mean one thing.
And neither can you take out bottles from the door without opening it first. What were they thinking? Also I wonder if the width is quoted including OVRM because even on a cursory glance it does not look wider than the Innova Crysta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
A lot of care thus has gone into consideration of third row seating comfort. In fact entire car seems to revolve around seating comfort. This is where innova will face its toughest challenge yet.
It may be a competition for the lowest end Innova but I dont think buyers having the money for the top end Innova would cross shop.
Old 7th September 2018, 06:50   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Only in India would anyone have the gall to compare a minivan to a great white shark. And only Indians would lap that garbage up!
You think they will lap it up because of what they are comparing to ? How can you connect customers buying (if they do in large numbers) to what mahindra thinks it is ?
Old 7th September 2018, 07:24   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
No. SCross is also having 4 disc brakes as standard. But nevertheless a rare one in India. Even some models of overtly expensive Innova and all variants of Creta have rear drum brakes.

Add Fiat abarth Punto, Linea T-jet and Maruti Baleno RS to the list.
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 09:04   #574
BHPian

TVC of Marazzo has taken the inspiration toward SHARK too literally.

After seeing all the reviews available, it seems like a Good People mover, with comfort being the top most USP of Marazzo.

I fail to understand why all are trying to compare Marazzo to a Innova Crysta, as both MUV's are targeting different Audience. Yes taxi operators will line up for the Marazzo for sure. But Marazzo will take the place that was left vacant when old INNOVA was stopped and Crysta was launched.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2018 at 10:58. Reason: Typo.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:15   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Our people (Indian people, i.e.) have a fixation with whether or not a car will become a "cabbie segment" car. I fail to understand this (speaking for myself, with respect to others). I and my brother-in-law on the contrary find it confidence-inspiring that a car is a taxi-operator favorite. It implies that it is reliable, frugal to run and that it is spacious. These are the 3 things we look for in our cars too.
In any case, becoming a "taxi model" shouldn't be a negative for a car model.
But it is. So it looks like the Marazzo better not become one.
Since there is no dignity of labour in our country, for us to own a "taxi model" is a bad thing. Apologies for this last passive-aggressive assertion, but I simply felt like spelling it out.

PS: When the TUV 300 was still not released and teaser pics and spy shots of test mules were shared on a thread here, I saw the same kind of speculative posts back then too - "it looks like a future taxi operator favorite"!
locusjag is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:28   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
That was a very slick TVC from Mahindra! Nothing OTT like the initial XUV ads. Even though quite irrelevant for a car like Marrazo.
exactly, its irrelevant for a minivan. Especially finishing up with a submarine rising. So is it a shark or a submarine? Imagine a cellphone manufacturer show an advts with a phone coming out of the sea. We will assume its water proof. So is Mahindra suggesting this car can handle our floods?
Metaphors are being stretched too far. It would be better to present it as a comfortable people mover. This advts is catering to the wrong target audience.

Last edited by chittybang : 7th September 2018 at 10:28. Reason: spellcheck
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:37   #577
Senior - BHPian

I for one, do not mind a marazzo rising up like a submarine/shark from sea, IF it translates to a really great wading capability on monsoon flooded roads. In that case I would be impressed if marazzo were to behave like a shark or a turtle or even an oridnary fish.

Is this what you mean by a shark mahindra ?? hope they really mean the business on their branding.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 11:12   #578
BHPian

Come on guys, we can never rule out anything as irrelevant in India. If in doubt, look at the Renault Kwid that's dressed up like an SUV, or the Swifts with racing stripes and puny 175mm tyres but without ABS, or the altos and 800 with spare wheel mounted at the rear. If it helps get people's attention, then fantastic. I am sure Mahindra will come up with more marketing/ads to get people focus on the space and comfort.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 09:36   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Hope it sells in good numbers and there are no teething problems with the new platform, engine etc.
Well said. The fly in the ointment with new Mahindra cars are the niggles. Normally it's best to wait at least 6 months before taking the plunge.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2018 at 10:56. Reason: Typo.
jayram.r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 10:28   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
4. I feel number of airbags offered should have been matched even with an optional model. Innova 7 airbags is a benchmark (introduction of knee airbag and extension of curtain airbags up to the 3rd row!)
That's great. I thought side airbags cover upto second row only.
Old 8th September 2018, 10:48   #581
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has finally launched the Official Accessory Brochure of the Marazzo on their website. Attaching a copy here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mahindra Marazzo Accessories e-Brochure.pdf (3.59 MB, 1223 views)

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2018 at 11:01. Reason: Removing naked attachment tags (PDF problem)
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 11:12   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Come on guys, we can never rule out anything as irrelevant in India. If in doubt, look at the Renault Kwid that's dressed up like an SUV, or the Swifts with racing stripes and puny 175mm tyres but without ABS, or the altos and 800 with spare wheel mounted at the rear. If it helps get people's attention, then fantastic. I am sure Mahindra will come up with more marketing/ads to get people focus on the space and comfort.
True. Apart from the poorly chosen name, the car gets most things right !
Old 8th September 2018, 12:29   #583
Senior - BHPian

Read a review in the Times of India, wherein they mentioned that due to the ladder on frame design, the weight was a lot. Hence MAHINDRA resorted to a lot of innovation to reduce weight. They mentioned that they used forged aluminium for the front suspension. Ball knuckle joints were made of aluminium. Additionally plastics were used in many places to reduce weight.

I’m a little apprehensive about the long term reliability and life of an aluminium ball and knuckle joint especially given the weight of this vehicle and the condition of our roads. Would love to know if this is used on any other vehicles in this category.
Lalvaz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 13:27   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Read a review in the Times of India, wherein they mentioned that due to the ladder on frame design, the weight was a lot. .

Thank you. Would you kindly point to the Times of India review as a URL or indicate on which date was it printed ?
Old 8th September 2018, 15:05   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
has anybody twisted the Marazzo name to something like - mar-zao, yet ?
In mewari dialect it sounds similar to marajjo ('go die' of sorts) but then manufacturers don't really have a habit of taking into account indian languages and meanings. Apache is pronounced as aaa-pache means 'come at the rear' in the same language. Similarly vego/wego has some meaning in the same language
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks