Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:47   #436
BHPian

re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

The first drives seem to point to a sophisticated and precisely engineered vehicle. All the first drive reviews have one thing in common, that this is the best vehicle Mahindra has ever produced. Well done Mahindra.
JediKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:51   #437
Senior - BHPian

What an excellent effort by Mahindra!! Easily their best product to me interms of overall styling and engineering.
- the design thankfully is bereft of all of the quirks that Mahinda vehicles always seemed to have.
- Though the side profile looks like the Innova, it does not look slab sides and the crease on the front and rear door makes things interesting.
- Interiors looks nice and Mahindra has kept it simple and functional. The dashboard with the touch screen, the piano black finish and the color combo is very nice.

The Marazzo is going to give the Ertiga a very hard time at one end and I daresay the Aria at the other. Crysta sales may be affected a bit but I don't think by too much. As per the Autocar review the engine is not particularly strong but does it's job well enough and I think that is all that a typical MUV buyer will care about. In terms of space, design, interior comfort and mileage it seems to tick all the right boxes.

It is interesting to see how well Tata and Mahindra have been able to use their foreign technical centres and aquisitions to design very strong products for India.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:58   #438
BHPian

Excellent efforts by M&M, i felt that the design and interiors can bring in some interest from the normal crowd rather than the cab operators. The car currently does not have a proper competitor right now except Lodgy - which didn't go well for many reason.

Great car. If I can call so
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:02   #439
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, it was a front wheel drive and monocoque body.

I had the opportunity of traveling in it in the interiors of Solapur long time back and remember the ride wasn't jarring on non existent roads.

Regards
Nikhil
I think Marazzo is the world's first which is
1. Body on frame
2. FWD
3. Transversely mounted engine
(all 3 true) vehicle.
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:24   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The Marazzo is going to give the Ertiga a very hard time at one end and I daresay the Aria at the other.
Certainly not the Aria .

Are we sure this isn't a Lodgy here? As someone pointed out earlier that Mahindra uses Renault licenses may be that's the case here?
The car to me screams Lodgy.

Innova, IMHO, isn't going to be touched by any of the offerings for atleast another 5 years. Marazzo shouldn't bother someone who is planning for XUV or Hexa. Can it stand up against Ertiga would be the question.
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:29   #441
BHPian

I think this should make a lot of people happy who are looking for a MPV.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-screenshot_20180903171054.png
KING DYSP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:38   #442
Senior - BHPian

This is the first decent styling effort from Mahindra after the XUV500 and the debacles with the "OO's". I am also surprised by the engine as I was expecting it to be a three cylinder from the TUV with more power but as it turns out, this one is actually a four cylinder. Brownie points for refinement then.

The only disappointment is the chassis which remains body on frame type (and therefore heavy and not as stiff meaning Mahindra could not have fitted a sharper suspension) and I do not understand why Mahindra who have otherwise gone to length with the exterior and interior styling and a brand new engine did not design a monocoque given they did one for the XUV500. I am also not a fond of the interior styling. Its not bad but the overall presentation is not the best. The rearmost seat space is another surprise. This looks like it can actually seat adults in the last row in some comfort. Impressed overall but i would like Mahindra to take the lead as Tata's have in the safety department.
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:43   #443
BHPian

Attached the brochure from the website:

Impressive turning radius at 5.25m!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure.pdf (3.16 MB, 2130 views)

Last edited by knightrider_7 : 3rd September 2018 at 17:48.
knightrider_7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:45   #444
Senior - BHPian

Looks pretty good and interior layout looks clean. Front will look better if you replace toothy grill with aftermarket horizontal slat one.

Read a comment on Youtube "Shark inspired design, yet does not have a shark fin antenna"

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd September 2018 at 17:47.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:54   #445
BHPian

They have one nation one pricing strategy. Just got a whatsApp message from a known dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img20180903wa0059.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img20180903wa0060.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img20180903wa0061.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img20180903wa0056.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img20180903wa0055.jpg  

deemash is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:01   #446
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Surprisingly,
1. No Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts even in the top variant,
2. No Telescopically Adjustable Steering,
3. No mention of Shark Fin Antenna, even though the Teasers showed one,
4. No 7 Airbags even on top most variant,
5. No standard Rear Parking Sensors, I believe that the new norms have it as mandatory to have them on all new car launches.

An overall good package slotting above Ertiga and the top model even below base model of Innova. May dent some Innova sales for those on tight budget, but otherwise I was expecting more out of the final product in terms of features and creature comforts.

Let's wait for the official Team BHP Review and also for how the market laps up the Marazzo's from the showrooms. Wishing this product all the very best, but I may personally rather go for Lodgy RxZ 110PS for my requirement, than Marazzo!!
AdityaDeane is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:22   #447
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What is with this new handbrake design that is so much in style now -
Mahindra calls it the 'Aircraft Inspired Parking Brake Lever'!
Not the usual quirky design, but definitely a quirky description.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-dmjccbox4aamx4b.jpg
PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:23   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
They have one nation one pricing strategy. Just got a whatsApp message from a known dealer.
Around 2.5 Lacs less than the XUV/Hexa. If I can afford, I would shell the extra money for the latter. If not or my priorities are fuel efficiency and cabin space, then the Marazzo may make sense.

The Crysta is priced around 5~6 Lacs more, but I dont think this is a competition to the Crysta. Infact, this should fill the void created by the first gen Innova in the 10~15 Lacs MUV market.

The Lodgy is a very dated vehicle and I think the Marazzo should be better in every aspect except a 50~100K price difference.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:29   #449
BHPian

This is certainly looking like a good competitor to the Ertiga. Its a decent design language especially since its coming from the house of Mahindra that often goes for the excess. Although, once the dust settles it will be evident that its a very good replacement for the Xylo and just that. Of course it appears to be a much better package and that will reflect in the numbers. So in reality the intention is to take the fight to the Innova crysta. I don't think this will happen. Not because the Innova is amazing but because the updated Ertiga will hit it even before it can take on the Innova. In the end, this will eat into some XUV sales and settle down in the middle of the pack. I don't see this setting the charts on fire like the XUV did on arrival.
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:30   #450
M35
BHPian

Mahindra have come a long way. See the transformation. The pictures speak volumes.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-t.png

The exterior styling is still Mahindra like; fit and finish seem to have gotten better though. I still believe XUV 5OO was unique; in the sense that it looked like a fresh ground up a product. This one design looks quite familiar to me – a bit of Lodgy here, Crysta there or even a Captur at places.

Last edited by M35 : 3rd September 2018 at 18:31. Reason: Dodgy to Lodgy
M35 is offline   (27) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks