Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2017, 11:19   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)

The Grand i10 Orange-Black dual tone accessory kit.

Dealer-level fitting on the Asta variant, priced at Rs 64,000/- (Mumbai).

Quote:
List of accessories and changes made to the Grand i10 Dual Tone:
  • Roof top black vinyl
  • Door visor
  • Interior surfacing
  • Wooden finishing
  • Floor lamination
  • Napa seat covers
  • Mobile charger
  • Floor mattings
  • Door scuff
  • Boot Mat
  • Mud Flap
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone1.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone20.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone5.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone6.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone8.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone19.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone15.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone13.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone14.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-hyundaigrandi10orangedualtone12.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 15:56   #137
Senior - BHPian

Did a Test drive of the new Grand i10 Automatic. The Sales Rep. promptly got the car home on time. The car was the Sportz (O) variant. The Car is all about refinement. The Torque Converter technology definitely works much better than any of the AMTs that I have driven so from others in the market from Maruti, Tata etc. The turning radius is also another big plus, was able to make a U Turn where some of the other vehicles from the competition I had test driven before could not and had to be reversed.

The Creep mode is also done very well. I went over a sharp incline and stopped the car completely and the car still moved ahead. I did not have to hit the accelerator. Was very impressed.

Overall an excellent very smooth, no lag automatic experience. Purely on the merit of the way the Automatic Transmission is implemented I would say this car is a winner over the Tiago AMT, Celerio AMT or the Ignis AMT.

Coming to the cons, I would say the lack of ABS is a too big to ignore which makes me to cross this car off the list. Apart from the ABS, the poor mileage in comparison to the competition would be another key reason.

Pros:
1. Excellent driveability
2. Smooth, no lag gear shifts
3. NVH Levels are well contained and class leading.
4. Rear AC Vents

Cons:
1. No ABS on the Automatic
2. No Adjustable Headrests
3. No Rear Wiper
4. Lack of Height Adjustable Driver Seat
5. Poor Mileage

Here is a link to the comparison I posted on the Tiago thread for reference for people interested in more detailed comparisons : URL

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 14th April 2017 at 16:09.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 01:15   #138
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2017 at 09:49.
dev_kudle is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th May 2017, 17:40   #139
BANNED

There are so many cars out there that it is difficult to decide which is the best. But I guess there is no such thing as the best. Each car ends up being the most appropriate for every individual.

In my case, grand i10 automatic fitted the bill perfectly. I wanted small, premium and automatic with a great after sales experience. I got it!

One more thing that strikes a chord with me is the cars international acceptability. Grand i10 is available in the UK as well and is considered one of the best city cars in the UK. Us Indians tend to believe in a product more once the 'goras' have praised it and thats very true with me and cars. If a car is praised by the 'goras', I automatically develop a soft spot for it. The logic behind that is the fact that they know their cars very well, have a lot more choices than us and do their job with a little more dedication. With these aspects combined, the fact that they choose i10 as one of the best..means something to me!

Apart from everything I said, Fords petrol DCT range looks very very attractive. Ecospprt, Aspire, Figo..all these cars say that Ford means business in India. Ford is also keen to reduce cost of ownership and is keen to be seen like how Toyota is seen in India. If they put efforts towards that, with the products they have on offering, they will zoom ahead of Toyota.

Speaking of Toyota...where are the automatics Mr Toyoda?!?!?

The Brazilian Etios will set the sales charts on fire! What have we done to not deserve it!? Does anyone have his email address? I want to write to him
sjain2054 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 12:41   #140
BHPian

Did anyone find out why they have done a exemplary modification to their rear bumper ?

Any regulations in place to put such black bland piece of plastic to be there ??

Maruti IGNIS has same design.

Why ???????
Old 19th August 2017, 12:06   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post

Why ???????
Don't know why, but the black piece on the i10 doesn't look that bad with the license plate occupying a major area, unlike the one on the ignis.

Meanwhile, new colour options for the i10!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-p_20170819_120426.jpg  

crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 18:49   #142
Senior - BHPian

Some rejig in the i10 trim variants from Hyundai, and we finally have a Sportz variant which has AT + Dual Airbags + ABS + Alloys, but still misses out on Rear wash/wipe, driver seat height adjuster and Auto AC among other things.
Old 22nd May 2018, 21:45   #143
BHPian

Almost closing in on Grand i10 Sportz AT. However, I'm concerned about the AC performance in sweltering summer. Can anyone throw some light on this?
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 22:25   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Almost closing in on Grand i10 Sportz AT. However, I'm concerned about the AC performance in sweltering summer. Can anyone throw some light on this?
I drive a 2014 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta, don't ever worry about the Grand i10's Air Condition. It's one of the best units in a hatch that I've experienced. You won't even have to switch to 3rd or 4th Air condition speed. The cooling is absolutely fine though in extreme heat even with the rear AC vents the rear seats takes a little time to cool down. The front gets chilled within 5 minutes.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 11:59   #145
BHPian

Test drove the Grand i10, i20 ,Swift ZDI, Tiago XZ Petrol and Nexon over roughly paved concrete roads. The Grand i10 seemed to be very stable over the undulations with reduced rolling and pitching. And the steering felt good with decent feedback and weight making it feel better. With 40k discounts because of the Hyundai Celebrations, it seems like a good package. Only grouse is the poor front seats that are clearly a compromise.

I wonder if the facelift version had some technical updates in the steering and suspension systems? Anyone has concrete information about this?

And I am also quite perplexed with why there is no mention of the official mileage anywhere in the brochure, website and heck, even in the MID of the car. Hyundai seems to have an agenda with not being open about the mileage!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks