Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 15:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)

If the car has been (soft) launched, with prices and salient specs out - when can we expect the official website to be updated?
Old 30th January 2017, 16:40   #77
BHPian

Has the launch taken place really? I don't see any information on the Hyundai official website or other relevant forums on the launch and pricing.
Old 30th January 2017, 19:10   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If the car has been (soft) launched, with prices and salient specs out - when can we expect the official website to be updated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Has the launch taken place really? I don't see any information on the Hyundai official website or other relevant forums on the launch and pricing.
If we believe in reports by Overdrive and couple of other portals, then yes the car has been launched super silently. However there is not a single official word by Hyundai about it.
The dealers have vehicles arriving in their stock though, which indicates a launch very soon (previously we expected it to arrive in first week of Feb) if it has not been done yet.
Hrishi_111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 21:51   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishi_111 View Post
The dealers have vehicles arriving in their stock though, which indicates a launch very soon (previously we expected it to arrive in first week of Feb) if it has not been done yet.
The official launch hasn't been conducted yet, since dealers have stocks of the older-gen Grand i10 still with them.

Hyundai is waiting till January 31st for most of the existing dealership stocks to be sold off. Expect an official announcement and the official website update in the first week of February, like Hrishi_111 said.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 01:46   #80
BHPian

Did anyone manage to get pictures of the Asta variant?
Old 31st January 2017, 23:41   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

And this is how the Grand i10 facelift will look on the roads.

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 09:01   #82
BHPian

Thanks for the pics Raven. The front (though not pleasing like the current gen grand) is acceptable but the rear definitely feels like a cleft lip. Black cladding totally out of place.

Nikhil
Old 1st February 2017, 13:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And this is how the Grand i10 facelift will look on the roads.
Which variant is this? Has front fogs but no variant badging, no rear wash/wipe, and no rear defogger. Cannot make out if the wheels are alloy or caps.
Old 1st February 2017, 14:23   #84
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which variant is this? Has front fogs but no variant badging, no rear wash/wipe, and no rear defogger. Cannot make out if the wheels are alloy or caps.
Those are plastic wheel caps, for sure. The variant in the picture looks like either a Magna or a Sportz.

Sportz(O) seems to get functional integrated roof-rails and thick body side-claddings, while alloys & rear height-adjustable neck restraints seem to be limited to the Asta only.

I'm still waiting for a picture of the top (Asta) variant to surface.

Last edited by RSR : 1st February 2017 at 14:37.
Old 1st February 2017, 14:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Those are plastic wheel caps, for sure. The variant in the picture looks like either a Magna or a Sportz.

Sportz(O) seems to get functional integrated roof-rails and thick body side-claddings, while alloys & rear height-adjustable neck restraints seem to be limited to the Asta only.

I'm still waiting for a picture of the top (Asta) variant to surface.
And from the look of things (price list etc), guess the touch screen navigation shall be limited to Asta only.
And that there would be no fully loaded AT variant.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:44   #86
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And from the look of things (price list etc), guess the touch screen navigation shall be limited to Asta only.

And that there would be no fully loaded AT variant.
I believe Sportz(O) gets the touchscreen system (as the following picture has a variant with touchscreen and manual HVAC controls), though whether it also gets a reversing camera is still unclear.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-f.jpg

Not offering AT on the Asta trim level is indeed a big folly! People who want a fully-loaded automatic hatch won't be pleased with such a stupid strategy!

Last edited by RSR : 1st February 2017 at 14:50.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:48   #87
BHPian

I feel no regrets that I bought the Grand i10 Asta Auto a few months ago.
Safety features like ABS and Airbags were a must and so was rear wash-wipe with defogger.
Considering that the automatic now comes only in Sports (O), I would have missed out on at least the rear wash-wipe.
The only thing I guess that the Sports (O) may get are the auto AC and the new touchscreen infotainment. I sorely miss the auto AC on the Asta variant. Not sure why Hyundai decided to skip it when the Xcent has it. So I do have a good variant for the same price the Sports (O) Auto is priced now.

And BTW, this is only a cosmetic update to the front fascia and the bumpers. That black strip.. really!!
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 15:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Not offering AT on the Asta trim level is indeed a big folly! People who want a fully-loaded automatic hatch won't be pleased with such a stupid strategy!
Hyundai joins the other Manufacturers Trend of not Offering a Fully Spec Automatic. i20 & Creta missed it, now Grand i10 FL misses it. Next up, the New 2017 Verna ?

While nothing happens to these manufacturers, it's ultimately the customers who are at a loss. This is undeniable fact and a sad one.

Someone should start offering Automatic across the Range & Manual only on Top Spec Trims. That would give us idea of the other manufacturers tactics.

If I wanted an Automatic with Rear Wash & Wipe along with Adjustable neck restraints, I will have to look elsewhere. Out of 10 Grand i10's, 8 of them are Sportz versions, hence I think Hyundai differed from offering Auto in Asta Trim.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 01:24   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

The upcoming 2017 Grand i10 facelift in it's 1.2L CRDi (Diesel) avatar has been spotted at a dealership ahead of it's launch by TAI member Akash1886.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-img20170203wa0002.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-img20170203wa0001.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-img20170203wa0003.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-img20170203wa0000.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 10:50   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

The Sportz(O) variant of the 2017 Grand i10 facelift has been snapped by a Rush Lane reader.

Among other things, what is distinctly seen is the new touchscreen Head Unit, which is also a part of the Asta variant's package.

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-2017hyundaigrandi10launchbookings1.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-2017hyundaigrandi10launchbookings2.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-2017hyundaigrandi10launchbookings5.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-2017hyundaigrandi10launchbookings6.jpg

For reference, this is the Sportz's non-touchscreen based HU:

Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (page 8)-2017hyundaigrandi10pics3.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed