Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 11:20   #646
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy1117 View Post
This is really serious issue as fumes from engine bay can seep into the cabin through this gap.
At times, I could smell sudden burst of outside smell inside the cabin even when AC is set to run in recycle mode.
Can you attach some pictures? I thought that all cars after Padmini and Amby, have separated and sealed off engine compartments. In the market for a new car, and seriously tilting back to the City, it would be helpful

Last edited by MBstoTBs : 19th September 2018 at 11:22.
Old 19th September 2018, 23:00   #647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy1117 View Post
This is really serious issue as fumes from engine bay can seep into the cabin through this gap.
At times, I could smell sudden burst of outside smell inside the cabin even when AC is set to run in recycle mode.
This gap below the power outlet could be the reason behind it.
I don’t think this particular gap is the reason for outside smell entering the cabin. It is just a part of the lower dashboard console to hide the metal parts and wires under it and it houses two cup holders and gear lever console. Check the lower part of your dashboard console and you will get to understand what I am saying about.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:37   #648
BHPian

I think Honda is manufacturing cars with integrated DRLs in the headlamp unit, which DO NOT dim down in the event of the indicator being switched on! ( So unlike VW, Skoda etc. )

It sometimes makes identifying the indicator light extremely difficult, as the indicators are puny halogen bulbs compared to the extra bright DRLs on the edge.

I think, this is the problem with the entire Honda range, i.e. WRV, Amaze, etc.

Am I the only one irked with this lack of feature?
sharktale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 17:08   #649
Senior - BHPian

I'm seeing my City CVT's mileage dip for the last two tank fills to 8.4 to 8.7 kmpl. I haven't taken her out on the highways much and it's mainly intracity traffic. I have gotten used to revving her I've always been in ECO mode. I used to get 10-11 kmpl when I was pussy footing her. But she is smooth as ever. I don't want to jump the gun and complain at service as they may starve the engine of fuel and make her less responsive. May be it's short distances I cover daily and slightly rev happy nature; I've just done 7K kms since 02-03-2017.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 22nd September 2018 at 17:09.
Old 8th October 2018, 13:11   #650

So my Car's Digipad had stopped working since July, 2018. I guess the touchscreen is not working. I couldn't visit the service center due to work commitments being a Chartered Accountant in practice.

So in September last week i got to know that the New Amaze comes with Digipad 2.0 and saw a video of it and i shot an email to Honda that i want my car's HU upgraded to Digipad 2.0 and told them how pathetic Digipad 1.0 is!

This is what they replied -

This is with reference to your communication, we extend our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
With regards to the concerns shared by you, we wish to apprise you that Honda Car is built up of standard specifications which are decided upon intensive market study of user preferences and "various performance parameters", which is brought to the customers by Honda Engineers.
We also believe that, the product specification delivered by us is one of our best product reaching to the customer. However, there are obvious reasons for a product to have positive as well as kind of need improvement feedback from its users. Further considering the valuable inputs of the end users, customer feedback for further consideration and improvement for future models are registered and shared with the concerned departments.
With regards to your request for an upgrade to digipad 2.0 in your Honda car, the same are not only based on software requirements, but also hardware required in the car and we wish to inform to you that incorporation of these features is not possible at this stage on this model car variant.
In case of an upgrade happens in our model range, the information will be shared by print and electronic media.
We understand that the dealership has established contact with you and provided the necessary information on the course of action to be taken to resolve concerns with the digipad of your car, an appointment has also been scheduled for the same, during the next servicing.
Please be assured about our intervention to expedite the resolution of the concern.
Regards

Shabnam Mansuri
Regional Manager, Escalations - West Zone
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd.

I have asked them to share the specs of Digipad 1.0 and Digipad 2.0 and what they mean by hardware changes.

And i believe Honda's quality is not upto the mark as it used to be.

Mod Note: Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post.

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2018 at 13:52.
statix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 15:17   #651

Got a reply from them,

We will submit that, Digipads with both 1.0 and 2.0 versions are not only different in software but hardware as well and as of now Digipad 2.0 is only available in All New Honda Amaze.

Both parts are not interchangeable, because of the wiring harness length changes and also due to the changes in auxiliary devices like Bluetooth Mic positioning and the GPS antenna positioning as well. Plus the wiring diagrams with steering control and cluster light dimming is entirely different.

Sir, though, it can be retrofit with major modifications to the wiring, however as design policy, due to safety of the adjacent circuits like airbags and ABS, we would advise against the same, as modification in the same can also affect the warranty of the car.

Hence, we would request you to get any issue with your current Digipad resolved by our Authorized Honda Dealer and it will be attended within the warranty policies of Honda Cars India Limited.

We solicit your kind understanding on the aforesaid.

Assuring you the best of our services.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Digipad 2.0 is available in WRV as well.

Guys what do you'll think?

Last edited by bblost : 15th October 2018 at 15:33.
Old 15th October 2018, 16:27   #652
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't you be better off with aftermarket systems from Sony, Kenwood, Blaupunkt etc? They will be cheaper than whatever Honda will charge and will have a better sound signature.
Old 22nd October 2018, 18:16   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I'm seeing my City CVT's mileage dip for the last two tank fills to 8.4 to 8.7 kmpl. I haven't taken her out on the highways much and it's mainly intracity traffic. I have gotten used to revving her I've always been in ECO mode. I used to get 10-11 kmpl when I was pussy footing her. But she is smooth as ever. I don't want to jump the gun and complain at service as they may starve the engine of fuel and make her less responsive. May be it's short distances I cover daily and slightly rev happy nature; I've just done 7K kms since 02-03-2017.
Given that your usage is very less, I don't know if you have got a chance to check the FE again? I know people with City CVT who manage 10+ in city and 16-17 on highways when driven at economy speeds(around 100 kmph? I don't know).
My 1.2 year old petrol City MT returns around 12-12.5 kmpl in City and I calculated it to be 16.5 kmpl in my last 1150 kms drive. I maintained a constant 100-110 on open highways throughout the drive.

P.S: All these values are calculated on fulltank-to-fulltank logic. I don't trust the reading given on HID.
LazyGunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 18:59   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
Got a reply from them,

We will submit that, Digipads with both 1.0 and 2.0 versions are not only different in software but hardware as well and as of now Digipad 2.0 is only available in All New Honda Amaze.

Both parts are not interchangeable, because of the wiring harness length changes and also due to the changes in auxiliary devices like Bluetooth Mic positioning and the GPS antenna positioning as well. Plus the wiring diagrams with steering control and cluster light dimming is entirely different.

Sir, though, it can be retrofit with major modifications to the wiring, however as design policy, due to safety of the adjacent circuits like airbags and ABS, we would advise against the same, as modification in the same can also affect the warranty of the car.

Hence, we would request you to get any issue with your current Digipad resolved by our Authorized Honda Dealer and it will be attended within the warranty policies of Honda Cars India Limited.

We solicit your kind understanding on the aforesaid.

Assuring you the best of our services.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Leave it alone (it is not worth the trouble for that screen) , use a good phone holder and use android auto on the phone itself. The screen though far less useful without Apple Car Play & Android Auto, is well integrated into the dashboard. The glare during bright light makes it difficult to use regardless (City 2018 CVT), so I suggest using a phone with a good holder, gets the controls to your fingertips on the right hand side.

I use this set up everyday, the screen will be always on however any phone with around 3000 mAH battery will do fine with around 2 hours of screen on time and get through the day without having to charge.

Hope this helps!
Old 22nd October 2018, 19:02   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
as of now Digipad 2.0 is only available in All New Honda Amaze.

Digipad 2.0 is available in the refreshed Jazz VX trim as well, which has the exact same steering controls (at least by external looks) as City.

Amaze has the Digipad 2.0, but different looking steering controls.

Also - from the Honda site & tbhp official review, it does not look like that WRV gets the Digipad 2.0 (it has the same steering as City & Jazz, but has Digipad 1.0 like City)

Last edited by blackasta : 22nd October 2018 at 19:22. Reason: fixed typo
Old 22nd October 2018, 19:30   #656
Senior - BHPian

Had an issue just now.
The car isn't moving forward at all in any gear. Thankfully happened at petrol pump so parked it there only. What could be the issue?
Old 22nd October 2018, 22:05   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Had an issue just now.
The car isn't moving forward at all in any gear. Thankfully happened at petrol pump so parked it there only. What could be the issue?
Is it starting? Are you able to shift gears? Are you able to depress the clutch? See if brakes are locked at rear.
Old 22nd October 2018, 22:21   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is it starting? Are you able to shift gears? Are you able to depress the clutch? See if brakes are locked at rear.
It's starting. Clutch is getting depressed as usual and I can shift gears too but the car isn't moving at all. Local mechanic came and said it's probably some axle issue. They will tow it to their place in the morning. Just wanted to clarify here what could be the issue. Car is out of warranty otherwise would have sent it to Honda directly.
Also, couple of weeks back got a new clutch assembly done. the odo is at 95k currently.

Last edited by harry10 : 22nd October 2018 at 22:24.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 22:38   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
It's starting. Clutch is getting depressed as usual and I can shift gears too but the car isn't moving at all. Local mechanic came and said it's probably some axle issue. They will tow it to their place in the morning. Just wanted to clarify here what could be the issue. Car is out of warranty otherwise would have sent it to Honda directly.
Also, couple of weeks back got a new clutch assembly done. the odo is at 95k currently.
Maybe the following articles would help.
The symptoms are same, but I do not know if the conditions leading up to the issue is same or not.

https://community.cartalk.com/t/manu...nly-revs/78366

https://www.yourmechanic.com/questio...s-by-rolando-m

Last edited by blackasta : 22nd October 2018 at 22:40.
Old 23rd October 2018, 17:02   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
Given that your usage is very less, I don't know if you have got a chance to check the FE again? I know people with City CVT who manage 10+ in city and 16-17 on highways when driven at economy speeds(around 100 kmph? I don't know).
My 1.2 year old petrol City MT returns around 12-12.5 kmpl in City and I calculated it to be 16.5 kmpl in my last 1150 kms drive. I maintained a constant 100-110 on open highways throughout the drive.

P.S: All these values are calculated on fulltank-to-fulltank logic. I don't trust the reading given on HID.
Having gotten used to high revving engine, even in eco mode I've touched higher speeds on empty highways. At 100-110 kmph on empty highways you feel you're standing still. On recent run to Kumbakonam it returned around 13.89 kmpl. On the return trip we tried a different route and the roads were bad. Yes it's full tank to full tank never go by the MID.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st November 2018 at 04:50. Reason: Removed mention of high speeds on public highways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks