Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2019, 17:38   #751
BHPian
 
jailbird_fynix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: (,)_\,,/
Posts: 464
Thanked: 3,018 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
When I got the car back, the card was missing
Quite an unfortunate incident. To be honest, I've never removed the SD card prior to a service - will definitely do so from now on! Can it be proven that the card was in the car before handing it over? SAs have an initial checklist that they fill up during inspection prior to servicing - could that help?
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 17:41   #752
BHPian
 
Himanshu809's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Quite an unfortunate incident. To be honest, I've never removed the SD card prior to a service - will definitely do so from now on! Can it be proven that the card was in the car before handing it over? SAs have an initial checklist that they fill up during inspection prior to servicing - could that help?
They put a cross against the sd card in the job card.
But the card was there, only my dad and I drive the car and we don't mess with the card unless we remove it before the service/body work. I missed removing it once and poof, it's gone.

To answer your question, no it can't be proven it was in the car technically.
Himanshu809 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 17:59   #753
BHPian
 
jailbird_fynix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: (,)_\,,/
Posts: 464
Thanked: 3,018 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
They put a cross against the sd card in the job card.
Sounds like a scam. They probably would've been doing this for a while with other owners as well. Best avoid this service centre.
jailbird_fynix is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 07:04   #754
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 636
Thanked: 661 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Hey guys. I have a problem. I gave my 2019 City VCVT for service at Cherish Honda, Mangolpuri, Delhi for some bodywork under insurance. I forgot to take the Navigation MicroSD card out and nor I was reminded of it by the advisor.



When I got the car back, the card was missing and nobody is ready to take responsibility for it. A new one is worth around 9000/-.



I understand it's on me that I forgot to take it out, does that mean anything I happen to leave behind in my car by mistake is presumed to be stolen? Where's the trust? Where's the responsibility?

This is a common complaint that somebody takes it away during service so Honda ASS now whenever I give my brio for service actually removes it and gives it to me.

The rule is that if you loose it during service then ASS service advisor has to pay for it from his record as it has happened during his watch. Take up the matter with Honda one 2 one.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 20:09   #755
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 89
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Wondering, is the possible to buy a new empty card from market and clone it with contents of map SD card? I wonder why is that map SD card so costly?
gary4gar is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 21:56   #756
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,423
Thanked: 1,907 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Hey guys. I have a problem. I gave my 2019 City VCVT for service at Cherish Honda, Mangolpuri, Delhi for some bodywork under insurance. I forgot to take the Navigation MicroSD card out and nor I was reminded of it by the advisor.

When I got the car back, the card was missing and nobody is ready to take responsibility for it. A new one is worth around 9000/-.

I understand it's on me that I forgot to take it out, does that mean anything I happen to leave behind in my car by mistake is presumed to be stolen? Where's the trust? Where's the responsibility?
Honda dealerships are very wary about this particular issue. When I took delivery of my new Honda City couple of months ago, the SA told me multiple times to remove the SD card before giving the car for service. Again when I have my car for it's first service, the first thing the service advisor did was to remove the card and hand it over to me.

Honda has had issues with missing SD cards frequently, hence they are extra careful about it. I don't use the card or the maps on it at all and have not even reloaded it onto my system after the first service.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 26th May 2019 at 21:57.
arindambasu13 is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 15:59   #757
VVN
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 105
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Hey guys. I have a problem.

I understand it's on me that I forgot to take it out, does that mean anything I happen to leave behind in my car by mistake is presumed to be stolen? Where's the trust? Where's the responsibility?
Happened to me too. Gave my car for servicing in Dakshin Honda Hosur road and it came back without the puncture kit . They refused to take responsibility. I did not pursue it further purely because I was at fault for not removing it in the first place. But yeah, it has definitely led to massive trust issues with the A.S.S. I simply strip the car down to the bare minimum before giving it for servicing. I leave the dashcam connected but even that comes back disconnected (As per norms I believe).
VVN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 16:39   #758
BHPian
 
Himanshu809's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Hey guys. I have a problem. I gave my 2019 City VCVT for service at Cherish Honda, Mangolpuri, Delhi for some bodywork under insurance. I forgot to take the Navigation MicroSD card out and nor I was reminded of it by the advisor.

When I got the car back, the card was missing and nobody is ready to take responsibility for it. A new one is worth around 9000/-.

I understand it's on me that I forgot to take it out, does that mean anything I happen to leave behind in my car by mistake is presumed to be stolen? Where's the trust? Where's the responsibility?

UPDATE : Cherish Honda called me couple of days ago. And they wanted to settle the issue once and for all. I think they got to know about my post here.

First they offered to give me a 20% then 50% discount on the new MicroSD card. I refused and asked them to take responsibility for the incident.

We went to and fro for a couple of days & finally settled for 2000/- which we find acceptable since a part of responsibility is ours too in the incident(though ideally it shouldn't be).

I never knew Team-BHP profile will help me so much. It just re-affirms my belief that the car manufacturers and dealers take note of what opinions and complaints are being posted here.

I consider this matter to be closed to my satisfaction and thank Cherish Honda, Mangolpuri, Delhi for taking note of the incident and helping us reach a solution.
Himanshu809 is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 17:28   #759
BHPian
 
Himanshu809's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVN View Post
Happened to me too. Gave my car for servicing in Dakshin Honda Hosur road and it came back without the puncture kit . They refused to take responsibility. I did not pursue it further purely because I was at fault for not removing it in the first place.
I think you should've pursued the matter more seriously. One has to often show a little strength while dealing with such things and take some headache. If dealers realize that customer won't let an issue slide, they try to resolve it more seriously.
Himanshu809 is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 20:26   #760
OSH
BHPian
 
OSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 450
Thanked: 1,513 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
We went to and fro for a couple of days & finally settled for 2000/- which we find acceptable since a part of responsibility is ours too in the incident(though ideally it shouldn't be).
Please ask your dealership to share a pic of the MRP sticker on the packet with you. I think your SA by mistake has quoted a wrong amount of ~9000 rupees.

According to my sources in a Honda ASC, the MRP is ~5000 rupees. The same card is shared by selected variants of the WRV, City and BRV. Please confirm the part number with your SA before placing the order with the dealership.

PART NAME : CARD, MAP
PART NO : 39010-T9A-U01

Price : ~5000

Last edited by OSH : 29th May 2019 at 20:30.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 20:44   #761
BHPian
 
Himanshu809's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Please ask your dealership to share a pic of the MRP sticker on the packet with you. I think your SA by mistake has quoted a wrong amount of ~9000 rupees.

According to my sources in a Honda ASC, the MRP is ~5000 rupees. The same card is shared by selected variants of the WRV, City and BRV. Please confirm the part number with your SA before placing the order with the dealership.

PART NAME : CARD, MAP
PART NO : 39010-T9A-U01

Price : ~5000

Are you sure? Because the SA there insists that the card costs them around 8900/-
He said he'll share the part number and the price with us.
Is there anyway to confirm the prices independently?
Himanshu809 is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 21:10   #762
OSH
BHPian
 
OSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 450
Thanked: 1,513 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Are you sure ? Because the SA there insists that the card costs them around 8900/-
Not a 100% sure but it could be a case of the vendor changing and hence the price revision.

Quote:
He said he'll share the part number and the price with us.
There will be a red and white sticker on the box/packet that will have all the info regarding the part inside, trust only this sticker.

Quote:
Is there anyway to confirm the prices independently?
Honda does not sell parts over the counter and so the only option to see the price or part number is through your SA's computer. If he obliges, you will be able to see it in their system software along with your car's opened R.O.
OSH is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 21:18   #763
BHPian
 
Himanshu809's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Not a 100% sure but it could be a case of the vendor changing and hence the price revision.


There will be a red and white sticker on the box/packet that will have all the info regarding the part inside, trust only this sticker.


Honda does not sell parts over the counter and so the only option to see the price or part number is through your SA's computer. If he obliges, you will be able to see it in their system software along with your car's opened R.O.
Alright. Thanks for the info man.

I have asked him to share the part number and the price. But I don't think I'll chase this issue more now. It's solved now, why dig graves unnecessarily. They did their part.
Himanshu809 is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 21:29   #764
Senior - BHPian
 
mukeshgoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,095
Thanked: 1,500 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
According to my sources in a Honda ASC, the MRP is ~5000 rupees.
You are absolutely right. MRP: Rs.4974/-.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-map_card_avn-38628221/
mukeshgoel is offline  
Old 10th June 2019, 23:26   #765
Senior - BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 3,058 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Had a drive to see the sunrise at Mahabalipuram, with a stop at the Muttukadu bridge to do some 'birding'. Gear used: Honda City CVT, Nikon D610 + 24-120mm f/4 VR, Nikon D3200 + Tamron 150-600mm. Started at 4-30 am wanted to actually catch the sunrise at Kottivakkam beach but we drove all the way to Mahabs and were treated to a super show at sunrise.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-1029.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-1045.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-1065.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-10762.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-1100.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-1103003.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8348.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8320.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8332.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8336.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8350.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8393.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8403.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-1111003.jpg  


Last edited by Durango Dude : 10th June 2019 at 23:35.
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks