Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2021, 10:58   #871
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I'm having a problem with rust on my four year old Honda City, it's involved the
lower most portion of the Left handside front and rear and also the driver side door and also a small area of the taillight on the left.
We have owned 2 successive generations of the City and have had similar problems with rusting around year 3-4 or ownership, and this is in Bengaluru. Honda service says it is owing to our use of borewell water to wash the car, which is BS as we also have a VW Vento, a Toyota Yaris, and a Ford Figo, all washed with the same water, none of which exhibit any problem with rusting.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 22:14   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
We have owned 2 successive generations of the City and have had similar problems with rusting around year 3-4 or ownership, and this is in Bengaluru. Honda service says it is owing to our use of borewell water to wash the car, which is BS as we also have a VW Vento, a Toyota Yaris, and a Ford Figo, all washed with the same water, none of which exhibit any problem with rusting.
Thanks for the feedback, can anything be done to stop this? Have you done anything for this, my car is parked in a my portico, despite that it's like this. I shall look around for some anti rust treatment. I've given Honda a piece of my mind when they called to explain, I said I had owned a Maruti 800 which didn't rust. Either something wrong with the material they use or a design flaw that allows water to collect leading to rust formation.
Old 7th February 2021, 10:34   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, can anything be done to stop this? Have you done anything for this, my car is parked in a my portico, despite that it's like this. I shall look around for some anti rust treatment. I've given Honda a piece of my mind when they called to explain, I said I had owned a Maruti 800 which didn't rust. Either something wrong with the material they use or a design flaw that allows water to collect leading to rust formation.
The 3rd gen City we got tinkered, patched up and eventually sold at the 6yr mark. The 4th gen City Honda agreed to tinker for a reasonable fee, and is still in use. I have not tried anti-rust treatment so far. Do let me know if you have any luck with it.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 10:39   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please take this up with higher ups in Honda. I understand your car is still under warranty. Do you have another vehicle which you can use to prove a point to Honda if they say it is due to some type of water etc used for washing? Such a thing in un-acceptable from the flag ship product of a company. My 11 year Civic did not have any such rust issues and I live like 2-3 kms away from the sea shore in Mumbai.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 17:26   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
The 3rd gen City we got tinkered, patched up and eventually sold at the 6yr mark. The 4th gen City Honda agreed to tinker for a reasonable fee, and is still in use. I have not tried anti-rust treatment so far. Do let me know if you have any luck with it.
I usually keep my car's longer. My Elantra was 14 years when I sold it. No rust issues there. Sure if I come across any anti rust treatment I will let you know. It's just run 23K kms. Sent it for service just last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Please take this up with higher ups in Honda. I understand your car is still under warranty. Do you have another vehicle which you can use to prove a point to Honda if they say it is due to some type of water etc used for washing? Such a thing in un-acceptable from the flag ship product of a company. My 11 year Civic did not have any such rust issues and I live like 2-3 kms away from the sea shore in Mumbai.
Yes, I have my son's Grand i10 automatic which has had no such issues of rusting it's older than Honda City and is looked after the same way. I've escalated it on Twitter copying this link and they have responded, let's see what they do. Thank you. I also live close to the sea the same distance.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 7th February 2021 at 17:28.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 17:42   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I
Yes, I have my son's Grand i10 automatic which has had no such issues of rusting it's older than Honda City and is looked after the same way. I've escalated it on Twitter copying this link and they have responded, let's see what they do. Thank you. I also live close to the sea the same distance.
Years ago I had an issue with an Honda dealer and Mumbai and had emailed below. Not sure if the individual email id's are active but you could try mailing atleast the customer relations and see .

customer_relations@hondacarindia.com
jsen@hondacarindia.com
saba@hondacarindia.com
ravisharma@hondacarindia.com
suniti@hondacarindia.com
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 22:56   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Years ago I had an issue with an Honda dealer and Mumbai and had emailed below. Not sure if the individual email id's are active but you could try mailing atleast the customer relations and see .

customer_relations@hondacarindia.com
jsen@hondacarindia.com
saba@hondacarindia.com
ravisharma@hondacarindia.com
suniti@hondacarindia.com

Thank you, Sumeet. I've already mailed customer relations and they have said it's a 'normal' oxidation process and not a manufacturing defect and said this can't be set right under warranty. Then I escalated the matter here on TBHP and have linked this and mailed them again and tweeted too at Honda Car India. they replied and said they would refer me to the concerned team; not sure what they meant. But I shall try my best.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 12:28   #878
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I've been wondering what is the best way to get rid of a rattling sound from somewhere near the sun roof switch assembly. It is a small rattle and is not much of a bother but I drive the vehicle on a daily basis and it has been a sore point after splurging on a Honda City which wasn't my original intention when I went car-shopping.

The car has had 4 services (3 free and 1 paid) and every time this rattle is pointed out to Solitaire Honda, Andheri guys and they keep beating around the bush. The last time, it was my misfortune to get allotted a 'smart-alec' who kept smooth talking me. I made him put a note on the job card to not replace the AC filters since my running is very low (~ 500 km per month) at the 4th service and despite that they replaced the filter and expect me to pay. I did politely put the point across that my instructions were specific and I'm happy to pay now that the filter's already been replaced but for that they first need to fix the rattle.

Subsequently, the service advisor pestered me non-stop to get the car back to the workshop to get the rattle addressed (for which he had no tangible solutions, the real intention was for me to pay for the filter). So much so, that at one point he tried telling me that if the money for the replaced AC filter is so much of a bother to me, then he will pay it from his pocket. I was in a rush and didn't bother to tick him off. Later when I could manage time from my schedule, I informed him of the day when I would get the car to the workshop and lo and behold, he was on leave that day and neither was an appointment booked at the workshop to attend to the car. After waiting for almost an hour, I left. There has been no communication thereafter and I assume they've simply agreed to ignore the complaint I raised to the service manager.

Now I'm wondering if these guys will attempt to recover the expenses of the filter through some nefarious means (charge me for something trivial or actually create an issue and get me to pay to resolve it). Maybe I am overthinking this.

The other issue I would appreciate inputs on - we have a puzzle parking system in my building and it is put in the slots and retrieved by valet. A car wash guy comes once a week to give it a shampoo and interior dry wipe. Now there are multiple scratches on the inside of the door handles which look hideous on the metallic brown paint. How do I remove them and prevent them from coming up again (are the scratches from the now very fashionable chunky finger rings these guys wear or some other way?)

Lastly, the cloth upholstery has now some stains - food / liquid - I have my toddler in the car for short 10 min drives. Tried using the 3M upholstery stain remover but it hasn't helped, perhaps because I took a day or two to get around to using the spray after the stain occurred. Any feedback? Will a 3M workshop visit resolve this?

TIA.
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:10   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Hello all,

I am glad to announce I became an owner of a pre-owned Honda City SV Diesel 2018 Edge Edition .

Looking forward for the pointers from the fellow City Owners
So, exactly after 80 days of ownership, I clocked 8000km in my Snowolf ( the IDtec grunt is very much akin to a wolf's growl and pearl white justifies the prefix) , out of which 90% of the drive is on highways ( and 90% of the highway drive was on Vijayawada-Hyderabad highway) and the corresponding fuel bill came about 32000/- and total consumption of the fuel was 390 Litres

In these 80 days, Snowolf accompanied me for one trip to Sileru ( Andhra-Odisha Border), one meet with Bhpians and multiple short drives to various destinations along with my weekly runs in between Capital of Telugu states.

Till now, the ownership was a breeze barring couple of instances like domestic acid spillage in the boot and tail light damage ( my mistakes).

I know it is cliche but Honda City is tailor-made for Highways . The amount of comfort it offers on highways is tremendous and even in the city roads, the tractability of Idtec is amazing .

A few cons I could observe are
1. A hint of body roll is seen at higher speeds and the ride is not grounded as expected . I was advised a higher profile tyre would improve the handling . Waiting to finish 5k km more and will change the tyres.

2. NVH levels are poor. The grunt on Idtec seeps into the cabin even at lower speeds and any acceleration post 3000 rpm makes the engine feel strenuous

3. Low GC - though the underbody scrapping was quite rare, the problem persists with illuminations. The lights of Honda city are satisfactory, but the low positioning of the lights mean almost every other vehicle's beam hits the driver's eye and the fools using highbeams in city traffic make the issue more

Apart from these, the car is a pleasure to own and drive .
Looking forward to munch more miles .

A few pics of the Snowolf-

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20210131_134032.jpg
With the India's National Car

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20210214_182604.jpg
Hyderabad Bhpians mini meet on Feb 14th

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20201220_192832.jpg
Post wash picture in 3m LB Nagar

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20210116_225833.jpg
Tried Hyderabad Airport Parking for day- turns out it is much cheaper than hiring a taxi

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20210130_132530-1.jpg
In the Bhadrachalam Forest

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20210131_112439.jpg

Near Upper Sileru Power Project
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 13:02   #880
BHPian

Quote:
So, exactly after 80 days of ownership, I clocked 8000km in my Snowolf
Hey, how's your experience with your Snowolf till now after nearly 4 months of ownership?

I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself more with your City and I guess, you are doing regular runs to Vijayawada from Hyderabad, and that's the reason you have done more than 10,000 Kms in almost 4 months of ownership.

And, I always see that black Merc regularly at Habsiguda, where the owner of the vehicle stay.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 17th March 2021 at 13:04.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 17:21   #881
BHPian

Quote:
I was advised a higher profile tyre would improve the handling . Waiting to finish 5k km more and will change the tyres.
I'm considering the same, mainly to improve the ride quality on Mumbai's broken roads. Just wished to ask, with your odo at 8,000, what is the logic of waiting 5,000 km more? And what would the replacements be?
Old 17th March 2021, 20:34   #882
BANNED

Quote:
1. A hint of body roll is seen at higher speeds and the ride is not grounded as expected . I was advised a higher profile tyre would improve the handling . Waiting to finish 5k km more and will change the tyres.
Higher profile tyres can improve ride, but not handling. If you are noticing body roll with current tyres, then a higher profile tyre would increase it. A lower profile tyre would increase handling, but deteriorate the ride. Make an informed decision on this front, else you may regret by changing to higher profile tyres.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 20:58   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
I'm considering the same, mainly to improve the ride quality on Mumbai's broken roads. Just wished to ask, with your odo at 8,000, what is the logic of waiting 5,000 km more? And what would the replacements be?
I replaced all 4 tyres and upgraded to 195/60 R15. That was the best specification recommended by experts on the forum.

I went with MRF Perfinza at INR 5500 per tyre. There has been a 2mm increase in ground clearance and the ride quality on the highways has transformed and how.Feels much more safer now. I did not notice too much difference in ride quality in city driving though.
Old 17th March 2021, 23:13   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Hey, how's your experience with your Snowolf till now after nearly 4 months of ownership?

And, I always see that black Merc regularly at Habsiguda, where the owner of the vehicle stay.
I have been munching miles like nothing since I got Snowolf and the experience has been pleasant so far. Of course, I have to confess this is not a fun to drive car, but it's practicality and space over-compensate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
Apologies for the confusion.
The car is a pre-owned one and I bought it when the odo was at 28,600Km.
During that post, the odo read about 36k km ( and now it is about to hit 40k km) And I thought to change the tyres somewhere in between 40-45k depending on the tread available. . So that is that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Higher profile tyres can improve ride, but not handling. If you are noticing body roll with current tyres, then a higher profile tyre would increase it. A lower profile tyre would increase handling, but deteriorate the ride. Make an informed decision on this front, else you may regret by changing to higher profile tyres.
Thank you. I guess I was wrong . I think I can live with the body roll if the ride quality increases. But I call keep your words in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Yes, that Merc is owned by Arun, our Hyd Bhpian and he lives in that area- So no surprise there.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th March 2021 at 11:13. Reason: As requested.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 22:08   #885
BHPian

I own a 2017 facelift Honda city ZX and so far the performance has been good. But after my last service, the power windows at the back have suddenly stopped working. Because of COVID- 19 last year I am working from home since last year and hence usage of the car is minimal. Because of this I hardly used the power windows at the back and now I am not sure why it is not working. Any idea about this issue? I need to get it checked during the next service due in a couple of months - till then appreciate if any body can share if they had similar experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks