Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:39   #856
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 463
Thanked: 527 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
I want to know what exactly is covered under extended warranty?
Same situation as yours. The Passenger side footwell was flooded along with the spare wheel area. The Passenger side was traced to a choked Sunroof channel. However got the whole vehicles channeling cleaned as my vehicle is parked under trees and small leaves keep on falling.
For the sparewheel area, had to send my car 4 times to stop ( fingers crossed) the leakages. They changed all seals and gaskets they could and re-aligned the dickie hinges which seems to have resolved the issue.
Finally Digipad ( changed once under warranty), now has liquid seepage within the screen. It is a matter of time it will stop working.
I spent almost 4000 on the Leakages issue along with carpet cleaning and drying, etc. This is considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty. The digipad has 3 years cover as mentioned above and we are out of luck on that front.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:24   #857
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 16
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Same situation as yours. The Passenger side footwell was flooded along with the spare wheel area. The Passenger side was traced to a choked Sunroof channel. However got the whole vehicles channeling cleaned as my vehicle is parked under trees and small leaves keep on falling.
For the sparewheel area, had to send my car 4 times to stop ( fingers crossed) the leakages. They changed all seals and gaskets they could and re-aligned the dickie hinges which seems to have resolved the issue.
Finally Digipad ( changed once under warranty), now has liquid seepage within the screen. It is a matter of time it will stop working.
I spent almost 4000 on the Leakages issue along with carpet cleaning and drying, etc. This is considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty. The digipad has 3 years cover as mentioned above and we are out of luck on that front.
Got the car back yesterday. They changed the plastic, applied new sealant and gaskets on all the doors, cleaned the sunroof drain and for the dickie leakage they applied new sealant. For Digipad i was asked to wait.

Yesterday, it started pouring from 8 p.m. and had to go down to move the car at 2.30 a.m. when the watchman called to move the car to a higher ground as it was flooding in my area. Luckily I moved the car in time as water level had risen after that. Checked for any leakage in the foot wells and didn't find any leakage. Relieved! But i haven't checked the spare wheel area. I will check tonight.
statix is offline  
Old 30th November 2020, 07:19   #858
BHPian
 
Voodooblaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 99
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Has indian spec 4th gen Honda City been crash tested ?

If so, what are the ratings
Voodooblaster is offline  
Old 30th November 2020, 22:55   #859
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 722
Thanked: 858 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Has indian spec 4th gen Honda City been crash tested ?

If so, what are the ratings
Yes it has been crash tested.


2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-crash-test.jpg
The Great is offline  
Old 30th November 2020, 23:14   #860
BHPian
 
Voodooblaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 99
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Yes it has been crash tested.
It's the ASEAN Ncap. Is indian version the same ?
Voodooblaster is offline  
Old 1st December 2020, 00:00   #861
OSH
BHPian
 
OSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 454
Thanked: 1,527 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Is indian version the same ?
This particular model was not the Indian spec City according to the crash test report. For knowing which markets the above rating is applicable, one can visit this link and then click on the 'VARIANT AVAILABILITY' tab or directly download the crash report by clicking here.

Until the India specific model is not crash tested, we cannot know for sure if we are not getting the same 5 star rated structure underneath.

Last edited by OSH : 1st December 2020 at 00:05.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 11:09   #862
BHPian
 
poised2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vijayawada-HYD
Posts: 347
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Hello all,

I sold off my Swift Vxi this August and was on hunt for a vehicle from last 3 months- preferably CSUV like Nexon/Ecosport Diesels.

Unsurprisingly, vehicles like Nexon that seemed properly maintained had huge premium and Ecosports with low run were hard to find. Then I was guided by a Tbhpian towards the Standard Indian Premium Sedan- Honda City. I knew I was jumping the segment but I took the bait.

I went to see the car.

Gleaming in all white, the car looked ravishing and well maintained. It had decent interiors . As I sat in the driver's seat, I could feel the low GC ( given driving my sister's XUV 500 made it more glaring ) even compared to my old Swift. As I started the car, it came to life with low purr and as soon as I shifter it into the 1st gear and released the clutch, it pulled with ease . I went for a short test drive , over city roads and Oh boy, the drive was spectacular. Overtaking was effortless and the car was smooth despite being a diesel . Of course, I had to be careful on the speed breakers as we could feel the undulations on the road.

After getting the service record verified from the Sundaram HASS and the car was still under warranty. Decided to jump the ship and finalize the purchase.

I am glad to announce I became an owner of a pre-owned Honda City SV Diesel 2018 Edge Edition .

Looking forward for the pointers from the fellow City Owners

Last edited by poised2drive : 1st December 2020 at 11:12.
poised2drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:48   #863
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,495
Thanked: 2,110 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Hello all,

I am glad to announce I became an owner of a pre-owned Honda City SV Diesel 2018 Edge Edition .

Looking forward for the pointers from the fellow City Owners
Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of a lovely car. I personally drive a City petrol which is close to 2 years old, and have been enjoying each drive on the car. I have always maintained that the Honda City is one of the best mixes of power, performance, practicality and frugality, despite being one of the oldest players in the segment. I myself upgraded from a Swift VXI to the City iVTEC, and apart from getting used to the longer size in traffic conditions, the transition was seamless and pretty quick.

Both the engines, iDTEC and iVTEC are superb and you can take your pick between either and be a happy camper. Wish you many thousands of happy kilometers on your new car

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 1st December 2020 at 12:49.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:58   #864
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 2,794 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Hello all,


I am glad to announce I became an owner of a pre-owned Honda City SV Diesel 2018 Edge Edition .

Looking forward for the pointers from the fellow City Owners
Please upgrade the tyres to atleast 195/55R16 or 195/60R15 in case it has 15 in wheels. That should be the first thing if already not done.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 13:46   #865
BHPian
 
car_guy1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 250
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Hello all,

I sold off my Swift Vxi this August and was on hunt for a vehicle from last 3 months- preferably CSUV like Nexon/Ecosport Diesels.

Unsurprisingly, vehicles like Nexon that seemed properly maintained had huge premium and Ecosports with low run were hard to find. Then I was guided by a Tbhpian towards the Standard Indian Premium Sedan- Honda City. I knew I was jumping the segment but I took the bait.

I went to see the car.

Gleaming in all white, the car looked ravishing and well maintained. It had decent interiors . As I sat in the driver's seat, I could feel the low GC ( given driving my sister's XUV 500 made it more glaring ) even compared to my old Swift. As I started the car, it came to life with low purr and as soon as I shifter it into the 1st gear and released the clutch, it pulled with ease . I went for a short test drive , over city roads and Oh boy, the drive was spectacular. Overtaking was effortless and the car was smooth despite being a diesel . Of course, I had to be careful on the speed breakers as we could feel the undulations on the road.

After getting the service record verified from the Sundaram HASS and the car was still under warranty. Decided to jump the ship and finalize the purchase.

I am glad to announce I became an owner of a pre-owned Honda City SV Diesel 2018 Edge Edition .

Looking forward for the pointers from the fellow City Owners
Once again congrats and welcome to Honda City iDTEC club.Once post the pics as soon as you get the car and please post the detailed review of the car and its price as well.

I guess you bought this car from The Car Shop,I'm I right?
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 13:48   #866
BHPian
 
car_guy1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 250
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Please upgrade the tyres to atleast 195/55R16 or 195/60R15 in case it has 15 in wheels. That should be the first thing if already not done.
I did the same for my Honda City iDTEC for couple of times.I did it for the first time when I was completing 8 months of ownership with her at 51000 Kms on the odo and did the same again few days ago and already done 1000 Kms on these tyres till now,thanks to our heavy running.
car_guy1998 is offline  
Old 1st December 2020, 15:25   #867
BHPian
 
poised2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vijayawada-HYD
Posts: 347
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I myself upgraded from a Swift VXI to the City iVTEC, and apart from getting used to the longer size in traffic conditions, the transition was seamless and pretty quick.

Wish you many thousands of happy kilometers on your new car
Thanks. Glad to know the transition was seamless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Please upgrade the tyres to atleast 195/55R16 or 195/60R15 in case it has 15 in wheels. That should be the first thing if already not done.
I will, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
I guess you bought this car from The Car Shop,I'm I right?

You are right.

Thanks
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:32   #868
BHPian
 
quadmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 423
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Happy new year fellow city owners. I have a small question to ask the experts here. My city has completed close to 4 years now, bought just when it was launched in 2017.

I am planning to service it from external vendors such as pitstop ( I had a decent experience with it for another car). Now they won't have Honda's own fully synthetic oil, but they'll use some other fully synthetic oil (10w40). Do you think that's fine, or is it really a major problem

Fwiw Honda's service usually costs me 7-10k whereas pitstops oil change service costs around 3k for the city.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 21:09   #869
BHPian
 
Tojo_GotBhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KL-44, TN-12
Posts: 171
Thanked: 389 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I am planning to service it from external vendors such as pitstop ( I had a decent experience with it for another car). Now they won't have Honda's own fully synthetic oil, but they'll use some other fully synthetic oil (10w40). Do you think that's fine, or is it really a major problem
As long as the engine oil grade matches the one specified in the user manual, there should be nothing to worry about.

Thanks.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 21:50   #870
Senior - BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 3,105 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

I'm having a problem with rust on my four year old Honda City, it's involved the
lower most portion of the Left handside front and rear and also the driver side door and also a small area of the taillight on the left. It's not been involved in any accident or body repair. I noticed it just a few days back. I wrote a mail to Honda Customer Care and they referred it to Capital Honda Meenambakkam from where I bought the car and regularly get it serviced. But both Honda and the dealership have washed their hands saying it's not a manufacturing defect and it's wear and tear that occurs with an aging car. I've owned three cars before but none suffered from this problem. I'd also taken a 5 year extended warranty at the time of purchase in 2017 and they say these aren't covered in the extended warranty. So asked the service in charge as my car went for 23K kms periodic maintenance to take a look and do something. He said he'd done something from the inside but no touch up can be done from the outside as it would stick out like a sore thumb. Find attached the pics of the rust areas and kindly advise as to what can be done for this. Kindly let me know the solution and if there are any anti-trust treatment for this issue in Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-left-front-door.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-left-rear-door.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-left-taillight.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-drivers-door.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks