Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 14:34   #841

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

I bought a Honda City ZX CVT in October 2019.

For most part I am happy with the vehicle. But literally the minute I took the vehicle out of the dealership after delivery, it hit a road hump and the bottom part of the body on the driver side went in leaving a gaping void between the FRH mud guard and the body. I immediately got Rogerab suspension buffers installed on all four wheels. Thankfully, I haven't had any more scrapes on the bottom after that. This has made the ride a little bouncy but still not bad. I also changed the tyres to Yokohoma bluearth 195/55 R16 from the stock Bridgestone 185/60 R16. All this was done before taking the car home from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
BS6 Honda City launched with Digipad 2.0 with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and features such as voice commands, turn-by-turn navigation, Bluetooth and wireless infrared remote.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...9-91-lakh.html (BS6-compliant Honda City petrol launched at Rs. 9.91 lakh)

Attachment 1944580

can we have this in 2017-19 Honda City? Digipad 1.0 is the the only thing I don't like in 2017 Honda City.

Coming to the ICE unit, for all the hype around it, I found it to be a pretty bad let down. The equalizers are linked and you cannot change just one frequency, Android auto doesn't work, the bluetooth microphone is inside the head unit and as someone mentioned, with the AC vents pointed down, the person on the other side of the line just cannot understand what you are speaking. I usually listen to music at a moderate volume and I found the quality of the sound is not upto the mark. The speakers are great, but the head unit is not something I like. I took it up with the dealer and subsequently the company. It appears that Honda is aware of the issue and have not done anything about it. They offered to replace the unit, but on being questioned if it would solve the bluetooth issue, they said it wouldn't.

I have now replaced the head unit with a JVC KW M740 BT. I managed to get all adapters to ensure no wires are cut or skinned. I had to replace the Piano black face plate also with it. All steering controls now work except the voice command button. One thing I would like to point out is that a pause or mute button is lacking. In case a co-passenger gets a call, you have to bring down the volume using volume controls.

Another thing I have added is a 3M CR70 Sun film on the windscreen and RE70 film on windows and rear glass. I would highly recommend the 3m CR 70 on windscreen. It cuts out the glare from the headlights especially the LED headlamps on two wheeler which are at you eye level.

I am unhappy with the LED headlamps which came with the car which are at 6000K. During rains they are pretty much useless.

Please suggest if any alternative bulbs are available.

Santosh
santoshsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 16:08   #842
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshsr View Post
I also changed the tyres to Yokohoma bluearth 195/55 R16 from the stock Bridgestone 185/60 R16.
The stock size is 185/55 R16.

Quote:
I am unhappy with the LED headlamps which came with the car which are at 6000K. Please suggest if any alternative bulbs are available.
AFAIK, changing/replacing the low & high beam LEDs is not possible in the headlight units of the top-end variants as no such provision is made. Only the indicator bulb (T20 halogen 21W) of the unit is replacable.

Last edited by OSH : 1st February 2020 at 16:18.
Old 1st February 2020, 17:36   #843
BHPian

Quote:
I am unhappy with the LED headlamps which came with the car which are at 6000K. During rains they are pretty much useless.

They are full LED headlamp units. They have LED chips inside them that emit the light using the reflectors.

These units have NO BULBS inside them (except the turn indicator).

AFAIK you’re stuck with these headlamps.
Old 1st February 2020, 18:01   #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The stock size is 185/55 R16.

AFAIK, changing/replacing the low & high beam LEDs is not possible in the headlight units of the top-end variants as no such provision is made. Only the indicator bulb (T20 halogen 21W) of the unit is replacable.

I stand corrected on the size of the OE tyres. Sorry, my mistake. And thanks for the info on the head lamps. Guess I am stuck with them.
Old 1st February 2020, 19:09   #845
BHPian

Quote:
I have now replaced the head unit with a JVC KW M740 BT. I managed to get all adapters to ensure no wires are cut or skinned. I had to replace the Piano black face plate also with it.
Hi Santosh, even I am planning to replace the ICE. Appreciate if you can post some pictures of the final fit and finish of the JVC unit. Also, what did you replace the Piano black face plate with?

Quote:
Apparently, there is no alternative as per my knowledge, unless there is way to change those LED chips.
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:53   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaturgaurav View Post
Hi Santosh, even I am planning to replace the ICE. Appreciate if you can post some pictures of the final fit and finish of the JVC unit. Also, what did you replace the Piano black face plate with?

I got an after market face plate that looks similar to the OE. The Aluminum frame that you see in the picture is something I machined and added to cover the gaps left as the stereo is a 6" one and the faceplate is designed for a 7" stereo.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20200202_120458.jpg  

santoshsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:26   #847
BHPian

Quote:
I got an after market face plate that looks similar to the OE. The Aluminum frame that you see in the picture is something I machined and added to cover the gaps left as the stereo is a 6" one and the faceplate is designed for a 7" stereo.
I must say that your machining skills are bang on target. The unit looks good with that OEM face plate and aluminium finish.
Old 19th May 2020, 11:10   #848
BHPian

Hi all
I have a query, my paid service of 2017 Honda City Petrol was due on 4 April 2020. The car had run barely 3000 kms in last six months. Total running is also 12000 km in two years.

Yesterday got a call from dealership for paid service in Gurgaon. Now I am in two minds should I chose the pick and drop and get the service done, as time of six months have already lapsed. But then due to more than 200 cases in Gurgaon, my wife is saying how will you check if the person delivering the car is not having disease.
How will you sanitise the internal seats of car after he has delivered at home?

Are these thoughts ok or I am thinking too much? Last Option is to wait for 4 th Lockdown to finish or let June finish for clearer picture.

There is no issue in car as such.

Please suggest.
Old 16th July 2020, 13:34   #849
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday had to jump start my 2017 City it was starting well till 2 weeks back. May be I was a little complacent. I haven't got calls from the service center for regular service it's run hardly 1500 kms since it's last service in Feb '20. Now I should make it a point to take her for a spin daily...
Old 16th July 2020, 14:00   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Yesterday had to jump start my 2017 City it was starting well till 2 weeks back. May be I was a little complacent. I haven't got calls from the service center for regular service it's run hardly 1500 kms since it's last service in Feb '20. Now I should make it a point to take her for a spin daily...
I was getting my Bike & Scooter batteries replaced couple of days ago and asked the person (who came to install) to check the battery health for my 2017 City. He checked and confirmed that the battery is fine but delivering around 9-10 Volt each time I was cranking it. He said it should not drop below 10V & it should work fine as far as it's used regularly. However, as per him, leaving it unused for 2-3 weeks might lead to a jump start.

Many City owners I know had to change their SF Sonic stock batteries within 2-3 years. Apparently, I got an Amaron battery and fortunately enough for me, I never faced any issues so far.

On a side note, I accidentally left the 2017 Honda City Owners' Whatsapp group while resetting my phone. Could anyone from that group help me join that group again?

TIA
Old 16th July 2020, 15:19   #851
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Many City owners I know had to change their SF Sonic stock batteries within 2-3 years. Apparently, I got an Amaron battery and fortunately enough for me, I never faced any issues so far.
SF Sonic belongs to Exide so this is no surprise. Lots of bad reviews about this brand even at the ASCs.

I was lucky to get an Amaron from the factory and it is going strong at 55k kms now.

Quote:
On a side note, I accidentally left the 2017 Honda City Owners' Whatsapp group while resetting my phone. Could anyone from that group help me join that group again ?
Sent you a PM please check.
Old 14th August 2020, 12:36   #852
Senior - BHPian

Did a 680 kms round trip from Chennai-Salem-Chennai for a condolence meeting at Salem on 13-08-2020. It took 12 hours and 10 hours spent in driving and rest 2 hours for breaks and the meeting. I didn't take e-pass as the it was a sudden trip. We were two in the car my wife and me. Didn't have much problem as the reason was condolence we were very politely asked to move and we promised to head back by the end of the day so no Covid testing was done just contact tracing info. Fastag worked well through out. Mileage delivered was 15.29 kmpl. The only hiccup was a stupid truck reversed with out warning, my persistent honking saved the day. Had a tiffen at A2B Ulundurpet it was neat and empty and toilets were clean. All pics iPhone 11 Pro Max
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_1772-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_1773-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_1774-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 14th August 2020 at 12:38.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 12:28   #853

I want to know what exactly is covered under extended warranty?

I had purchased the car in April, 2017. Recently i found water in the rear foot well (both side) and in the spare wheel area in the trunk. I gave the car for regular servicing and told the advisor to look as to where is the water coming from.

He called me today and told me that the plastic on all four doors needs to be changed and new sealant needs to be applied. The reason he gave is that rubber has become hard and that is causing the leakage and in the trunk also sealant needs to be applied. He quoted Rs. 4500 + tax for the job over and above Rs. 850 for detecting the leakage.

The Car is only 3.5 years old. I don't understand how only a 3.5 years old car have such issue. I had a SX4 for 10 years and never did such leakage happen.

What should i do? Should i go ahead with replacing the plastic and sealant?

Is this covered under extended warranty? The Digipad is also having some issues which has already been replaced once under warranty.

Experts please throw some light on this.
Old 20th September 2020, 02:10   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
Is this covered under extended warranty? The Digipad is also having some issues which has already been replaced once under warranty.
Not sure about the leakage issue, but the Digipad warranty definitely lasts for 3 years only. Confirmed this with a Honda SA. So your best bet would be to replace it with something not-prehistoric.
kanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 12:58   #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Not sure about the leakage issue, but the Digipad warranty definitely lasts for 3 years only. Confirmed this with a Honda SA. So your best bet would be to replace it with something not-prehistoric.
The SA told me that he has sent a video of the issue in Digipad to Honda and it'll take around 1 - 2 weeks for them to find out the cause of the issue and whether any part replacement is required.

As you mentioned, if it's not covered under warranty and if i have to pay for it then i might just replace the unit with an after market one but not without shooting stern emails to Honda as it has been replaced once under warranty.

Let's wait and see what Honda has to say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks