Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:03   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

There is a recall issued for Honda city and certain other Honda cars as well for a faulty fuel pump issue. I just got mine replaced this week after coming to know of the matter through public domain reports and after checking my car's vin on Honda India website. The link to the news article is :. https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...7031.htm?amp=1

Affected owners should get in touch with their service centers proactively since I had not received any communication from Honda myself.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 22nd April 2021 at 09:04.
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:40   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
I own a 2017 facelift Honda city ZX and so far the performance has been good. But after my last service, the power windows at the back have suddenly stopped working.
I am facing the same problem right now, though I have been using the vehicle frequently. The rear left side power window seems to not work which was working 2 days back.

Since it is Summer, the operation of the windows is minimal and it is did not cause any inconvenience till now. Will get it checked later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
There is a recall issued for Honda city and certain other Honda cars as well for a faulty fuel pump issue. I just got mine replaced this week after coming to know of the matter through public domain reports and after checking my car's vin on Honda India website. The link to the news article is :. https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...7031.htm?amp=1

Affected owners should get in touch with their service centers proactively since I had not received any communication from Honda myself.
IT was reported that cars manufactured from Jan, 2019 need the replacement. Did you, by any chance, confirm it from the Service center.

Mine is July, 2018 manfd. , so hopefully no replacement needed

Last edited by poised2drive : 22nd April 2021 at 11:44.
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:27   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

IT was reported that cars manufactured from Jan, 2019 need the replacement. Did you, by any chance, confirm it from the Service center.

Mine is July, 2018 manfd. , so hopefully no replacement needed
I confirmed it from the Honda India website itself by putting in my VIN. That is the best way to determine it. I then called up the service center, fixed an appointment and got it done. The process took about an hour and a half. No payment required, though an invoice was generated with the details of the work undertaken.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 23:10   #889
BHPian

Sorry to be a little off topic here. Newbie Alert! I cannot find the 2020 City Review on the platform. Please guide.
Old 6th August 2021, 18:43   #890
BHPian

Team BHP,

I own a 2017 facelift Honda city ZX and have been giving for service at the authorized Honda car service station (TVS motors, Chennai) at the required 6 months intervals as specified. But since the COVID 19 pandemic last year, I have been working from home with limited use of the car. I got the last service done on 12Dec2020 with a service charge of Rs.11966/- wherein the major cost was for Brake oil replacement charges (Rs.297/-), Paid service charge (Rs.3150/-), HCF-2(13CVTF) 100 ML -40NOS. component (Rs.2028/-),
Element filter (Rs.779/-), Engine oil 100ML (Rs.2339/-), Brake fluid (Rs.658/-), AC cleaning (Rs.885/-), Motor care treatment (Rs.688/-) and Wheel alignment (Rs.826/-).
Considering the limited usage of my car this year due to work from home scenario which is likely to continue till Dec2021, I request your opinion if I need to give the car for service now (I am getting reminder calls for the 6 months due service from the Honda service center) or I can give the car for service in Dec2021 which will make the service duration as 1 year from the last year service done in Dec2020.

Appreciate if anyone from Team BHP or anybody who own's a similar car to respond ASAP.

Regards,
SMSP
Old 6th August 2021, 19:09   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Team BHP,

(I am getting reminder calls for the 6 months due service from the Honda service center) or I can give the car for service in Dec2021 which will make the service duration as 1 year from the last year service done in Dec2020.
My opinion would be as follows:-

1. IF the car is under warranty AND if that warranty is not going to be ending soon I suggest getting it serviced despite not being used . The reason is in the future if god forbid you to face any issues Honda can deny the claim citing Irregular service. I know it sounds illogical but sadly it happens.

2.IF the car is Out Of Warranty then it doesn't matter as Honda anyways would not be honoring any claims irrespective of the service schedule. Being on the safer side just get a regular checkup done to ensure there are no surprises when you start using the vehicle regularly.
Old 13th August 2021, 22:58   #892
BHPian

I got my car service done but the power windows issue is still not resolved. The service advisor informed that he has oiled the parts and asked to check for couple of days and report. He also informed that the power windows are under warranty till 2022 (need to find the month) and if the problem persists complaint will be raised with Honda for replacement of the defective parts. Question to my fellow BHPians is whether I should go thru' the service center or directly raise complaint with Honda? Is there any email for raising complaints for defective parts of with Honda? Appreciate advice from team BHP.
Regards,
SMSP
Old 12th September 2021, 11:57   #893
BHPian

Query Regarding the Headlamp illumination on Highways

I was not satisfied with my City's illumination. Since I regularly drive on highways, I got Bixenon projector Foglamps installed (More here- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5011729 (iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India))) and with that, most of my woes were addressed.

The illumination in city drives increased significantly and even on Highways, the brightness was great.

But, I just observed that the illumination of the fog lamps is not great during rains , both in the city and highways. The illumination was not satisfactory and night drives seem to have become a bit irksome. ( but I dry weathers, the fog lamp has great performance )

Further, the City's low GC and the ubiquitous CSUVs and other Scooters permanent Hibeam illumination is making it much worse.

So, if anyone is facing this kind of issue ?

What is a better way to improve the illumination of the car, especially for Highway drives in rain ( Hi-beam) ?

Shall appreciate any input !
Old 12th December 2021, 17:11   #894
Senior - BHPian

Finally, changed my City's horn as the stock one packed up after my monsoon drive to Kumbakonam and back on the 27th November when I was caught in the infamous Guduvanchery flash floods and it took me one hour to cross Guduvanchery and was wading through water on the wrong side of the road. Went if for Blaupunkt 12V horn and it's good but bumper was partially removed to fit the horn. Total cost is Rs 1650 inclusive of fitment charges viz Rs 1350 for the horn and Rs 350 fitment charges was done by Variety Auto Accessories in GP Road KG Plaza.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 12th December 2021 at 17:12.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 15:42   #895
BHPian

Quote:

Global NCAP crash tests reach half century in India

Global NCAP has reached the 50 model milestone for cars tested in the Indian market with the announcement of the progamme’s new crash results today. Four cars are included in this latest phase of the #SaferCarsforIndia campaign, the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Honda Jazz and the Honda City (4th Gen).

Honda City (4th Gen) (2 airbags)

The Honda City (4th Gen) achieved four stars for adult and child occupant protection. The City (4th Gen) was tested in its most basic safety spec, fitted with two frontal airbags, ISOFIX anchorages and ABS. During the assessment it showed an unstable structure and footwell area, good child occupant protection thanks to the ISOFIX anchorages and the rearward facing position of one of the child dummies. This model is offered with a lap-belt in the rear centre seat, without ESC and side head impact protection as standard.
Read the full story here:

Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20220215154137_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:07   #896

2.5 years and some odd (pun intended) 22222 km later: I am still loving it.

Journey so far:
I come from a joint family which is slowly climbing the socio-economic ladder and so are the cars in it. We jointly have owned many cars, but will mention here only the ones bought after my driver’s licence was issued and have driven them. All the cars owned are petrol.

Omni – I learned to drive on this car, was truly fun. No front sensors required.
Zen, Alto, Santro – nearly all in the same league.
SX4 – one offering form Suzuki at that time which pushed you back in your seat and puts a smile on your face (men were back).
Figo, Alto K10i – small intracity cars, everyday workhorse.
City 2014 MT and Verna – both great cars with merits of their own; Verna was fun whereas City was comfort.
Creta (grey) – first great SUV offering in 12-15 lacks bracket.
City 2017 MT – brother was confused between Creta and City; I gave him a little push and viola city it is.
Creta (black) – uncle always wanted a high ride, tied a 2-2 with City.
i10 AT, i20 AT, Jazz CVT – craze for auto transmission stated.
City 2019 zx CVT pearl white – my ride (a.k.a. Shadowfax)
Polo highline 2022 – latest addition to the family.

Currently 2 Creta, 3 City, 1 Jazz, i20, i10, Polo, Verna are in use.

Decision to buy Honda city for myself (in 2019): I started using my cousins Bajaj avenger after my postgraduation but it was old and had regular maintenance issues. After that I started using Royal Enfield classic 350 (other cousin’s) which was great. Then the urge started to get a car of my own;
• Budget was up to 15L on road
• Wanted a sedan whereas wifey wanted a SUV (ended with sedan).
• Did not want a headache of maintenance, so a sound company.
• Petrol.
• Was to be used daily within city and few highway trips yearly.
• Good looks
• Interior space and boot
• Manual vs auto – me vs wifey respectively (ended with CVT – you win some lose some).

Options considered:

Venue:
Was just launched at that time, so waiting periods were high. Looked puny when we went at the showroom and interior space was also limited (shuru hote hi khatam ho gayi types).

Verna/Elantra:
Sedans, great to drive cars. But if you are buying a petrol sedan why not the benchmark. Also, as per budget only base model of Elantra was reachable after discounts, but it was bare bones.

Yaris:
Didn’t like the looks; interiors were great.

City vs Creta:
Top two contenders. Wifey loved Creta best of all.
Merits over City: high ride, feature rich, high ground clearance which in my case was a boon as Vapi has an average rainfall of 90-110 inches.
Merits of City: great petrol engine, tried and tested reliability, comfort, back seat and luggage space, CVT better than that of Creta’s.

Drive experience so far:
Initially the ride felt bumpy but after reading many posts on team-bhp changed the tyre pressure to 32 psi for front and 30 psi for rear (which is actually what the company recommends) its better. For the same pressure highway road manners are also better. But have to be more careful on bad roads as you will have tyre bowl out easily even at low speeds.
CVT – A boon in city traffic. So smooth with light pedal inputs. Sports mode during highway drives is fun but within city at low speeds not so much.
1.5iVtec – much has been said about it no further comments.
I have driven about 8-9 k km/year with mixed city and highway drives (highway drives of about 1300 km round trips – 2-3 per year).
Milage – In the city it gives about 8-9 km/l and on highways it gives 13-15km/l. Overall average so far is near 10.5.
Long trips – mostly Vapi to Rajkot (550 km one way) via NH 48, Baroda-Ahmedabad expressway and Ahmedabad Rajkot highway, but recently Vasad – Tarapur – Bagodara highway was completed which is a great 6 lane road with less traffic.
Few other trips – Vapi-Morbi-Gir-Vapi (1400 km round trip) and Vapi – Mumbai- Lonavala-Vapi (500 km round trip).

Problems faced:
Tyre blow outs – twice.
Underbody engine cover loose fitting which scrapes on every bumper; had it fixed thrice but after some time it happens again.
Right back passenger foot well water collection; recent issue.
Minor accidents that needed body work – twice.

Next car wish:
Octavia, Thar, Kodiaq, Fortuner well the list is long and never ending.

Few pictures to complete the post:
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_0696.jpg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-10.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-8.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-7.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-6.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-5.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-4.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-3.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-2.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm-1.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20220727-1.56.26-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th July 2022 at 14:12. Reason: Removing unsupported characters/emoji. Please use the TBHP emoticons. Thanks :)
praiththa is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 21:48   #897
Senior - BHPian

My 2017 Honda City's Head unit conked off so decided to change it and got the UNO Minda Android Head Unit with wireless Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Got it installed today, am having problems as the Apple Car Play doesn't auto-connect at the time of booting and I have to go to phone Bluetooth and tap connect, every time. Is there any thing I can do to allow me to auto-connect to the system? I find it unreliable as after to go back and forth it just disconnects whatever I do I need to restart the car for it to work.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6387-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6388-copy.jpg  

Old 4th September 2022, 22:21   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Got it installed today, am having problems as the Apple Car Play doesn't auto-connect at the time of booting and I have to go to phone Bluetooth and tap connect, every time. Is there any thing I can do to allow me to auto-connect to the system?
I don't have the same model but from past experience, I've seen the Apple CarPlay works well for me when the phone is connected to the hotspot of the android head unit in stead of Bluetooth. See if it helps you.
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 16:23   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
I've seen the Apple CarPlay works well for me when the phone is connected to the hotspot of the android head unit in stead of Bluetooth. See if it helps you.
Many thanks for the response. I have the android head unit throwing up as this on my BT and this is how I connect, the personal hotspot of my android HU is my phone. Every time I use it I have to click on this in my BT to connect.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6392.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 5th September 2022 at 16:24.
Old 5th September 2022, 22:57   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Many thanks for the response. I have the android head unit throwing up as this on my BT and this is how I connect, the personal hotspot of my android HU is my phone. Every time I use it I have to click on this in my BT to connect.
Try going to Settings > General > CarPlay (on your iPhone) and try to connect using that.

In my case, my HU acts as a hotspot for my phone to connect to and the wireless CarPlay works most of the time smoothly (barring a few occasional hiccups)
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks