Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 17:16   #631
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Guys has anyone replaced the stock Tail lights with the LED ones available in the market? I have seen many cars with the BMW style tail lights and they look pretty cool.

Are there any trusted brands which make these? Also, can anyone advice from where I can get it in Pune and at what price?
Old 30th August 2018, 18:06   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
Guys has anyone replaced the stock Tail lights with the LED ones available in the market? I have seen many cars with the BMW style tail lights and they look pretty cool.

Are there any trusted brands which make these? Also, can anyone advice from where I can get it in Pune and at what price?

I have replaced the stock taillights with the bmw stlye tail lights, there are two makes; chinese and taiwan, but it is difficult to distinguish between the two, and are the same. I have seen no difference in quality which might affect the longevity or the functionality. You should be fine with the chinese make and it would be very quick installation with the reverse, parking and indicators lights working flawlessly. You can browse through classifieds on olx to get it from various wholesalers and should cost you near 10k including shipping. You can even ask them for recommendations for installers who can do the installation for you.
shivamjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 09:59   #633
BHPian

Guys, I need some help/advice. My car was today scratched near the rear right bumper by a Creta

There are some scratches, and more importantly, the bumper is slightly dislocated - enough to make me want to get this repaired:

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-whatsapp-image-20180904-9.56.50-am.jpeg

For the paint, I was considering buying some paint like this: https://www.amazon.in/Abro-Colour-Sp...1KG/ref=sr_1_1

However, for the dislocation, does anyone know if Honda service would do this at a reasonable charge (i.e. opening and fixing again properly)?

Or would they ask to go for insurance for both the dislocation and the paint?
Old 4th September 2018, 11:16   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Well, this is a very small issue even for us petrolheads, obsessive with our rides. BTW the 2017 City looks much better, the subtle changes that Honda has done to the front and to the back, and those ugly alloys of the 2014 model being ditched have worked IMO. Even the paint seems to have a better gloss. So my question to 2017-18 model owners, has the quality improved in this facelift? Or is it just that the niggles kept coming down since the first few lots of the 2014 model?

I would also like to know the new car owners experience.

The JD Power IQS survey 2017 puts Honda City at 70 problems per 100 vehicles, (increase from 58 in 2016 survey), but it also says that both petrol and diesel models have shown strong improvements in IQ since 2013, AVNs and HVAC account for the majority of problems reported.

The most interesting was their comment that "Owners who got detailed explanations on vehicle features at delivery report fewer problems than those who do not (95 PP100 vs. 103 PP100, respectively). Repeat buyers report more problems than first time ones".
Old 4th September 2018, 11:34   #635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
For the paint, I was considering buying some paint like this: https://www.amazon.in/Abro-Colour-Sp...1KG/ref=sr_1_1
Personal experience - please don't. I had tried a spray on touch up paint (Bossa Nova White from Com Paint). Matched vehicle colour very well and I was happy initially.

However, the sprayed area started turning yellowish over time and catches the eye more than the initial scratches, after about a year and half since the spray job.

Would suggest to accumulate scratches and get a proper repaint done. Perhaps yearly.
Old 4th September 2018, 11:55   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post

The most interesting was their comment that "Owners who got detailed explanations on vehicle features at delivery report fewer problems than those who do not
That should tell you a lot. See, "Surveys" are all about interpretations. There are at least two levels of the same. First, how well has the customer interpreted the car/features and secondly, how has JD interpreted what the customer is reporting. Both are pretty indefinite values to bringing up definite conclusions to a product, is how I see it. JD giving you a statistic on sales report is something which you can call definite because it counts actual sales numbers.

That said, yes the current has more features than the previous 3rd gen and resulting more issues too. But I'd still put my money on a Team-bhp forum than on some survey because here things are cross checked and debated and not just taken as an F. I. R.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:02   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Personal experience - please don't. I had tried a spray on touch up paint (Bossa Nova White from Com Paint). Matched vehicle colour very well and I was happy initially.

However, the sprayed area started turning yellowish over time and catches the eye more than the initial scratches, after about a year and half since the spray job.

Would suggest to accumulate scratches and get a proper repaint done. Perhaps yearly.
Thanks for the tip - yes I also see mixed reviews, with initial success but marks showing up later on.

Any idea how much the painting costs - and the "adjustment" of the bumper?
Old 4th September 2018, 12:04   #638
BHPian

Quote:

have tried this a few years ago on my white Alto, and found the paint film wasnt as glossy, and the paint splatter made it look worse. It also yellowed over time more than the original paint.

As to bumper dislocation, just peer underneath - if no lugs or screw holds are broken, just go to the nearby FNG and get it ut back as it was. You can also try a DIY as it doesnt appear to be badly damaged in the pic.
MBstoTBs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:33   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
That should tell you a lot. See, "Surveys" are all about interpretations. There are at least two levels of the same. First, how well has the customer interpreted the car/features and secondly, how has JD interpreted what the customer is reporting.
The contradiction is that unaware buyers report more issues, and that repeat buyers (who know) report more issues too.

I had some direct knowledge of JD Power survey internals in US - design and application was robust. Of course, any survey, any forum gets only perceptions - when someone is talking about poor comfort, rattles, lefelss steering etc, you dont know what they are comparing it to.

Great insights are found on Team BHP (which is why I'm here), but a lot of emotions get expressed specially on honda car threads - showing the high expectations from Honda cars. On the other hand, Maruti focussed on the market needs, not excellent products. Thats why they are trusted by most buyers, and even lemons sell more. Imagine a Honda Ritz at the same price - what flak it would have taken.
Old 9th September 2018, 13:12   #640
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am getting a key with exclamation mark symbol on my dashboard. I understand that it has something to do with engine start system. Is it because my key battery is running low? Or is it an indication of a bigger problem??
Old 10th September 2018, 10:13   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Guys I am getting a key with exclamation mark symbol on my dashboard. I understand that it has something to do with engine start system. Is it because my key battery is running low? Or is it an indication of a bigger problem??
Replace your key battery. That should solve it. Don't think there's any other issue. I faced a similar issue sometime back, and a DIY replacement of battery fixed it.
Old 14th September 2018, 10:29   #642
Team-BHP Support

Honda announces discounts of upto Rs 62,000/- on the City -

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_201809141030562.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th September 2018 at 10:32.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 13:29   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashik93 View Post
So I noticed this gap below the power socket in the center console around 2 or 3 weeks after I got the car in June 2018, not sure whether it existed when I took delivery. I could see a couple of wires behind it and also during the day I feel like I could see the ground through it, not sure if it's just the sunlight coming through the sunroof reflecting on some part behind the gap.
Recently, i too have noticed this gap in my Honda City 2015 model. I could see the ground and wires through it.
Even i was wondering whether this gap is present from the beginning or recently appeared.
I haven't discussed this with the SA yet.

This is really serious issue as fumes from engine bay can seep into the cabin through this gap.
At times, I could smell sudden burst of outside smell inside the cabin even when AC is set to run in recycle mode.
This gap below the power outlet could be the reason behind it.

I am contemplating to stick a tape over this gap to make sure nothing is seeping into the cabin thru this gap.
Old 17th September 2018, 14:16   #644
Team-BHP Support

Honda takes a dig at all rivals of the new City- calls them toys!

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 15:55   #645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda takes a dig at all rivals of the new City- calls them toys!
The advt feels very shallow - nice to be cheeky but can fall flat if not done well. And in over 60 countries??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks