Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2018, 14:29   #676
BANNED

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
Hi, I booked a Petrol VMT today.

Few questions to the experienced Bhpians:
1) Are there basic checks we can do to identify I am not being handled pre-cancelled cars or inventory blocked for some other reason?
VIN should be enough to know the manufacturing month and stuffs. Cancellation can be due to non-availability of funds for the customer not necessarily due to an issue with the car.

Quote:
2) Can I change alloys without voiding warranty? It's 3 yr standard warranty
Yes, you can. Stick to the same alloy width (6.0J I guess), PCD (100) and diameter (15''), you should be good to go.

Quote:
3) Insurance total came to around 38k (20k+10k+8k) for zero-dep b2b. I
chose to let go of coverfox to minimise hassle. Is this too high a cost?
No comments. Some one well versed with insurances may come to your help.

Quote:
4) I have read in reviews the City is undertyred. What would be the recommended tyre change (size and brand) that I should do on day of delivery?
I have 195/60/15 Michelin XM2s in my Honda City for the last 30,000+ kms, they are extremely good. If you are going for this size, as you are also planning to change your alloy wheels better stick to 6.5J alloys. But this may affect your warranty. Else you could upgrade to 185/60/16 tires present in the higher models which I think won't affect the warranty (suspension and steering components).
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 14:42   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Dear Honda City owners,

I am asking this question on behalf of my colleague who owns a Honda Petrol and has completed 12k Kms. Sundaram Honda has charged 1947 + tax for AC evaporator/ filter cleaning. Can anyone explain what do they do in this?
It is an unnecessary process. The max they do is hose down the condenser and filter. It is in the list of classic Honda unnecessary service activities like exhaust pipe/ fuel tank/ ac vent / engine cleaning.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 19:22   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I booked a Petrol VMT today.

Few questions to the experienced Bhpians:
1) Are there basic checks we can do to identify I am not being handled pre-cancelled cars or inventory blocked for some other reason?
2) Can I change alloys without voiding warranty? It's 3 yr standard warranty
3) Insurance total came to around 38k (20k+10k+8k) for zero-dep b2b. I chose to let go of coverfox to minimise hassle. Is this too high a cost?
4) I have read in reviews the City is undertyred. What would be the recommended tyre change (size and brand) that I should do on day of delivery?
Congratulations on your booking. I do own the same model and happy with the purchase. VMT appears to be the most VFM model.

Here are the answers to your queries.

1 - Please refer to the article @ https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin

2 - You can, as long as the size and specs are the same as VMT or VXMT. That's safest option to go for. For anything else you would need to be technically aware to convince them (if the need be). I find the alloy in VMT to be good enough. However, it's totally a personal taste and matter of choice.

3 - Apologies can't offer much help here. Guess the policy related to insurance for new vehicles have changed recently. However, this figure looks OK to me. I was quoted more or less the same price when I bought in June 2017. However, I got the zero dep as complementary from the dealer.

4 - 195/60 R15 looks to be the most famous option. However, few folks have gone for 205/55 R15 as well.

Good luck and enjoy happy miles once you get it.

PS: There is a Whatsapp group for 2017 HC owners. PM me separately if you wish to join the group once you get the delivery.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 16:13   #679
BHPian

I have Honda city ZX idtec 2018 model. It has the oem Bridgestone 185/55 R16 tyres. I am planning to upgrade it to Continental MC5 195/55 R16. Has anyone tried 195/60 R16? Would that increase in tyre height change driving dynamics of car given that the increased height and CG would result in more airflow underneath?
Old 7th January 2019, 23:36   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I have 195/60/15 Michelin XM2s in my Honda City for the last 30,000+ kms, they are extremely good. If you are going for this size, as you are also planning to change your alloy wheels better stick to 6.5J alloys. But this may affect your warranty. Else you could upgrade to 185/60/16 tires present in the higher models which I think won't affect the warranty (suspension and steering components).
I got a first look at the car today, it has Michelin XM2 175/65/R15 already. Wondering if there is much point now going for 195/60/R15 upgrade to improve GC. Hence planning to drop the idea of upgrade.
I guess I will have to learn to live with ~10mm less GC than I desired from the upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190107_191512.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190107_190839.jpg  

Old 8th January 2019, 00:11   #681
BHPian

Quote:
I got a first look at the car today, it has Michelin XM2 175/65/R15 already. Wondering if there is much point now going for 195/60/R15 upgrade to improve GC. Hence planning to drop the idea of upgrade.
I guess I will have to learn to live with ~10mm less GC than I desired from the upgrade.
You are one lucky fella. I would advise you to continue with the stock tyres and consider an upgrade or upsize when you get the juice out of the stock ones. There's ample GC in the stock setup unless you are planning for some offroading.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 14:13   #682
BANNED

Quote:
The difference in GC between 195/60 and 175/65 would be a mere 4 mm, as the side wall height will be 195*.6 and 175*.65 respectively. Also the GC of the new Honda City is improved over the previous generation and the suspension has been made stiff, hence this configuration is more than sufficient. If you really want to improve the GC, you need to go for 195/65 section tires, but body roll may be increased. About upgrading to 195/60/15 tires I can assure you, the cornering abitliy would be very much improved and the steering would become a little more tight (I love that), which would improve the fun to drive quotient. But it all depends on your preferences, I would never ever increase the GC of a sedan as it is inversely proporational to fun to drive part.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 18:22   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arit. You don't really need to sweat about the ground clearance issue. I used to own the 2006 Honda City ZX and it was notorious for its underbody scraping at the very mention of a speed breaker, but now I drive a City ivtec VMT with the stock tyres and haven't scrapped the bottom even once. Just make sure the tyres are pumped to 32 psi and take the speed breakers gently.

Upsizing the tyres isn't particularly necessary unless you plan on taking turns too fast. I have felt that the car sometimes tend to lose control but that's only when I have been too fast over bends. Driver sensibly and you won't feel the need for it. Happy miles with the car!
esoticoreventon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:01   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City ZX MT petrol launch price Rs 12.75 L( ex- Del) – More features, new colours - Radiant Red Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic and standard application of Rear Parking Sensors.

Quote:
features of ZX variant – 6 airbags, LED headlight, LED DRL, LED taillight, LED license plate lamps, electric sunroof, 16 inch machine cut alloys, auto headlights, automatic rain sensing wipers, touchscreen infotainment system, etc.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th January 2019 at 14:06.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:44   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Michelin XM2 175/65/R15 already. Wondering if there is much point now going for 195/60/R15 upgrade to improve GC. Hence planning to drop the idea of upgrade.
Those are the best possible tyre quality you'll get from Honda OEM

Anyway its not worth to immediately do a tyre upgrade after purchase. Use the OEM tyres till they wear out and then "right" size them if you like. Only then you'll be able to appreciate the difference between the stock size and the up-size (has to be right with minimum deviation).

Followed the same strategy and used the stock MRF ZVTV (real crap) tyres until they fully wore out at 29 K KM and then took a "bold" step of upgrading to 195/60/R15 XM2 and they've done well for the last 36 K KM.
My preference is to keep any car without any modifications and leave it stock as per OEM specifications. However, the OEM 175 section tyres are slightly inadequate for the a C2 category sedan like the Honda City in terms of handling at higher speeds. What was Honda thinking? (FE is not affected, its mostly got to do with the initial OEM cost saving by choosing the smaller 175 section tyres)

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th January 2019 at 15:02.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:05   #686
BHPian

Hi Guys, anyone facing issues with the Cruise control?

Though I hardly use it on my 2017 VXMT, I tried it last week on a highway ride. The "Cruise" button gets on as displayed, however, once I press "Set", there is no display, neither the cruise control gets activated. Can it be due to the issues with the buttons itself?(Deposit of carbon etc) or anything else which I need to bring to the notice of my SE in my next service due in Feb.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th February 2019 at 19:54. Reason: Typos
Old 10th January 2019, 15:34   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
tried it last week on a highway ride. The "Cruze" button gets on as displayed, however, once I press "Set", there is no display, neither the cruze control gets activated. Can it be due to the issues with the buttons itself?
After the Cruize button is activated, you need to be atleast above 45 kmph before the cruse control can be set. It doesn't get activated at lower speeds.
Old 10th January 2019, 15:36   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
Hi Guys, anyone facing issues with the Cruze control?

Though I hardly use it on my 2017 VXMT, I tried it last week on a highway ride. The "Cruze" button gets on as displayed, however, once I press "Set", there is no display, neither the cruze control gets activated. Can it be due to the issues with the buttons itself?(Deposit of carbon etc) or anything else which I need to bring to the notice of my SE in my next service due in Feb.
Cruise control can only be activated over speed of 40 kmph, and is automatically disabled if speed falls below 35 kmph, or the engine starts lugging, or if you step on the clutch for 5+ seconds.

If you do none of these and yet the cruise control is not activated, it's time to visit the workshop.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:37   #689
BHPian

Yeah I know that. It doesn't get activated even above 45KmPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
After the Cruize button is activated, you need to be atleast above 45 kmph before the cruse control can be set. It doesn't get activated at lower speeds.
Old 13th January 2019, 16:02   #690
Senior - BHPian

Anybody tried using a Styrofoam housing for tools in the City (like the one in Ciaz)?

Picture source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedan...sta-manza.html (Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza)
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-spare-wheel.jpg  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 13th January 2019 at 16:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks