Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 11:01   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The 2017 Force Gurkha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
In Item no 12, wonder who is the "Stephany" that they are proposing to cover.
When you buy a Force Gurkha 4x4x4x4x4 (Not sure if I put enough 4s) you get an attractive personal chauffer called Stephany. Basically, it is to cover her.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:38   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
When you buy a Force Gurkha 4x4x4x4x4 (Not sure if I put enough 4s) you get an attractive personal chauffer called Stephany. Basically, it is to cover her.

In other words, Stephany's Burkha, in a Gurkha
1100D is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 14:52   #138
BHPian

I have been trying to get in touch with the Khivraj showroom in Bangalore to request a quote AND a Test Drive. Just not getting through at all through all channels (email, phone, contact form etc).

- Did the people who bought this, do it through this same showroom?
- Or, should I ask if anyone bought this after all?

Edit: Looking at the Short Wheel Base, 3 Door version with forward facing seats.

Last edited by abhi : 6th October 2017 at 14:53. Reason: Added the model, so that people can help if they have one.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:55   #139
BHPian

I have seen here in Aurangabad at the time of launch of 2017 Gurkha, they had to literally beg the 4x4 community to visit the event and whoever did visit was just a formality or just for the sake of it. My point is, it isn't that much bad a product or technically speaking why do we have such a unenthusiastic view for a capable off roader. How and where did the Force went wrong to market this product ? or is it the image of the Force Motors itself which is keeping us away from Gurkha ? or its only me who thinks negatively ?
ganesh_evo75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 12:18   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
I have seen here in Aurangabad at the time of launch of 2017 Gurkha, they had to literally beg the 4x4 community to visit the event and whoever did visit was just a formality or just for the sake of it. My point is, it isn't that much bad a product or technically speaking why do we have such a unenthusiastic view for a capable off roader. How and where did the Force went wrong to market this product ? or is it the image of the Force Motors itself which is keeping us away from Gurkha ? or its only me who thinks negatively ?
The product is good, the implementation - sales and after sales suck.

The public apathy has more to do with Force Motors rather than the product. As you may have concluded after reading various posts here, Force Motors are pretty lethargic in responding to queries including sales ones. In this day of cut throat competition, buyers (except a few hard core enthusiasts) simply give up and buy where the seller is responsive.
Old 7th October 2017, 13:44   #141
BHPian

I agree. I got a curt email that read, I will call you today. to my TD request. But no call or any follow up after that. I was really hoping to drive it *before* the Duster, but now I'm not so sure at all.

In stark contrast
  • Renault called me thrice, set-up and completed the TD in under 24hrs of me filling out the form, on their website.
  • Mahindra called me twice, but has not been proactive about bringing in the car for TD. But, now that they know that the Duster persons turned up, are willing to come in tomorrow. But then, lazy fellows with no drive to make a sale.
Old 7th October 2017, 15:05   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
My point is, it isn't that much bad a product or technically speaking why do we have such a unenthusiastic view for a capable off roader. How and where did the Force went wrong to market this product ?
Let me give my views on this. The Thar CRDe was launched much later than the Gurkha. Mahindra actually put in a reasobably powerful power train and the dashboard etc was way better than the sill stuff the Gurkha had at that time. Mahindra didn't stop there, they kept making improvements to the Thar CRDe, both mechanical and cosmetic.

Force really never showed much interest in the Gurkha. If you have driven the original with the DI engine after the OM616 was discontinued, the vehicle was terrible. I know, because I am the few who actually bought one and also have been testing each iteration launched by Force Motors.

The latest one launched this year is actually the best one from Force motors. But the engine is very lethargic by today's standards. They should have at-lest brought the power specifications equal the the Thar CRDe if not more. The dashboard is terrible when you compare the any vehicle even from the 80s. The original Bolero/Thar CRDe dash was much better.

If Force is incapable of designing a proper dash, they should take a license from Mahindra and produce the older Bolero/Thar CRDe dash to put in the Gurkha.

Basically, Force needs to better the Thar CRDe in every aspect to gain any traction the market. Why would any off-roader risk buying an unknown product which is praised mostly by people who never have or never will own one.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th October 2017 at 20:44. Reason: Typo fixed.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 16:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
I have been trying to get in touch with the Khivraj showroom in Bangalore to request a quote AND a Test Drive. Just not getting through at all through all channels (email, phone, contact form etc).

- Did the people who bought this, do it through this same showroom?
- Or, should I ask if anyone bought this after all?

Edit: Looking at the Short Wheel Base, 3 Door version with forward facing seats.
I had contacted Khivraj (Hosur Main Road) a few months back regarding an Expedition test drive. They did call me back and arranged the test drive. The guy followed up too.
Old 8th October 2017, 20:56   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Let me give my views on this. The Thar CRDe was launched much later than the Gurkha. Mahindra actually put in a reasobably powerful power train and the dashboard etc was way better than the sill stuff the Gurkha had at that time. Mahindra didn't stop there, they kept making improvements to the Thar CRDe, both mechanical and cosmetic.

Force really never showed much interest in the Gurkha.

Basically, Force needs to better the Thar CRDe in every aspect to gain any traction the market. Why would any off-roader risk buying an unknown product which is praised mostly by people who never have or never will own one.
Yes, almost all the valid points been taken and considered in case of the Force Motors non enthusiastic approach towards the Gurkha. Also rather then making a strong investment for the marketing via RFC Motorsport events, what they should have copied or also learned from Mahindra was there all of a sudden aggresive approach towards the niche and true capability highlighting Adventure division and related events thus educating not only the capabilities of the Car as a off roader but also how to utilize the hidden talent or eagerness plus validation of the purchase of the car itself. Simply putting my view is that they have thought of almost creating or doing all the things mentioned above by Force Motors themselves, which is where the 4x4 community is least bothered about the Gurkha.
Old 11th October 2017, 15:22   #145
BHPian

I did manage to get a test drive from the local Force Motors dealership - Mahalakshmi Force at Manjari Farms Pune. A couple of days later we also had a chance to drive Thar for comparison.

The Gurkha is great vehicle on-road and off-road. I was quite surprised with the driving dynamics on road, though it was a little sluggish. Off road it was very good especially on muddy slushy tracks and good climbing ability. The biggest issue was that the gearshift lever was a little hard. Interior space is really good for the driver and passengers even in the 3 door versions. The looks and the image is another story. Even my friendly neighbourhood OLA driver said that he would never buy a Force Motors vehicle. His point was that even if it is on personal number plate, RTO guys harass a lot assuming it is being used to ferry passengers.

The Thar on the other hand feels quite cramped, and the thick b pillar or the soft top does not help on that front either. The Thar did not feel so confident on the road either, though off road on trails was quite good. We didn’t push it too much considering that the Thar had AT Tyres. The driver who came from the dealership was quite experienced driving off road and helped us get through some sticky situations. The Thar off course got a lot of looks from the bystanders and as a personal vehicle it scores points on that.

Regards,

Rattan
tatsago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 13:22   #146
BHPian

A modified Force Gurkha
The 2017 Force Gurkha-g4.jpg
The 2017 Force Gurkha-g1.jpg
The 2017 Force Gurkha-g2.jpg
Source:Facebook
LoneTraveller is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:07   #147
BHPian

Somebody spotted this a few days ago, does anybody know anything about this???
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Force Gurkha-22007975_1519502038085956_8688741202933999768_n.jpg  

finiteinjustice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:23   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTraveller View Post
A modified Force Gurkha
Attachment 1684859
Only in Mods Own Country can they make Force's careless creation actually seem desirable.
Steeroid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 11:51   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finiteinjustice View Post
does anybody know anything about this???
Definitely a bigger engine as the hood has been re-designed to go higher and wider to accommodate the bigger engine. Since the hood is wider, there is space for snorkel pipe on the to of the fender and snorkel now goes it from the side.

I don't like the fender marker lights though. I prefer the earlier one.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:13   #150

New Gurkha Xplorer! Need help with customization & modifications!

So I have been planning on getting a new vehicle for quite sometime now, and the time is here! After weighing all my options, it has come down to two vehicles:
1. Tata Hexa XT 4x4
2. Force Gurkha Xplorer (8+D)

Now everyone in the family is all for the Hexa. But I am in love with the Gurkha Xplorer. Its a beautiful beast and I love it! However the family hates the interiors. The only way I can buy this is if I can get the inside completely redone. I know what I need to do to the vehicle under the hood and I'm not worried about the exterior accessories. However I need assistance with the inside.

New seats, new seating arrangement (considering the size of the vehicle). Automatic windows, automatic AC controls, a nice centre console, new steering with new meters, the works! The only thing I wouldn't want to get installed would be the after market airbags...unless of-course someone knows someone who knows his shit There are quite a few places where the work will get "done"; but I need quality.

I'll just buy the vehicle in whichever city the work needs to get done at. Have it on a TC and then have it registered in Odisha once the work is done.

So can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be highly appreciated! 🙏

Thank you!
Prometheus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks