Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187351-mahindra-xuv500-facelift-coming-get-power-hike-edit-now-launched-rs-12-32-lakhs-17.html)

Why is the LED DRL in the headlamp assembly annoyingly blinking continuously in some of the videos (Zigwheels review) whereas in some video (Motor Beam review) it is continuously lit up. Has it been programmed to blink along with the hazard lights ? If so then it sure is a very cheap imitation and jugad kind of arrangement as in all high end cars the LED DRL's change color to amber while working as Hazard light or turn indicator.

Quote:

Perhaps this pricing will allow Mahindra to launch it's Innova competitor at a price bracket higher than XUV5OO but still massively undercutting Innova.
The U321 MPV will slot in between the TUV300 and the XUV500 in terms of pricing. It will be the future Xylo replacement.

Official website is now updated with full details of the new facelifted 2018 XUV500.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-untitled2.jpg
(Click on the image above to open in a *NEW* window)

Official Press Release:

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-2.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-3.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-4.jpg

Official brochure can be downloaded from here. Attached below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadAbtCars (Post 4387946)
Why is the LED DRL in the headlamp assembly annoyingly blinking continuously in some of the videos (Zigwheels review) whereas in some video (Motor Beam review) it is continuously lit up. Has it been programmed to blink along with the hazard lights ? If so then it sure is a very cheap imitation and jugad kind of arrangement as in all high end cars the LED DRL's change color to amber while working as Hazard light or turn indicator.

That's the camera shutter not syncing with the lights frequency. It's a common phenomenon which occurs while filming lights. I don't have the technical knowledge to explain in detail.

Quote:

Why is the LED DRL in the headlamp assembly annoyingly blinking continuously in some of the videos

I understand this is just he LED messing up with camera. LED lights blink (or seem to create waves in panels) when recorded on cameras. Effect may be more or less prominent depending on led source, camera and display you see it on.
I see it blinking in the MotorBeam Review as well.

Is the new XUV now trying to blend in?? The new grille looks so... ordinary! Some might call the previous two facades over-designed but, they had character and the car stood out from the crowd. The look defined the XUV as the young predator and the innards had the power and agility to match.

Now, with a stronger heart, the body suddenly looks middle-aged. Some may like it but I feel the X-Factor is gone. That doesn't mean I won't buy it - the XUV still remains one of the most VFM options out there and for me has settled the XUV v/s Hexa dilemma.

Quote:

Haven't seen the videos myself but it's probably this:

How do I avoid flickering from LED lights
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4124069

Mahindra has thrown the right card and the timing is perfect. Hexa was slowly creeping up in sales towards XUV in recent months. XUV is definitely a better car than Hexa at least it doesn't look like a van. With so many praises for Hexa be it comfort,interiors,dynamics etc. I still can't come out of the basic look of Hexa which is very dull.

While the pricing has been spot on and the feature list increasing - what I would have liked is W9 having 6 air bags as the case was with W8.
Additionally, the price point difference between W7 AT and W9 AT is quite high considering the additional benefits, if you really do not want sun roof in Indian climate

Quote:

It is not any kind of jugad or cheap imitation. The frames per second of the video camera is faster than the pulses of the light bulb. You wont notice the pulses but the camera does. It will take a few frames while the light pulse and when it is not pulsing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4387977)
That's the camera shutter not syncing with the lights frequency. It's a common phenomenon which occurs while filming lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4387992)
It is not any kind of jugad or cheap imitation. The frames per second of the video camera is faster than the pulses of the light bulb. You wont notice the pulses but the camera does. It will take a few frames while the light pulse and when it is not pulsing.

I am aware of this phenomenon. However it is blinking in few shots and remains lit up in other shots hence got me thinking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidyanand (Post 4387980)
I see it blinking in the MotorBeam Review as well.

It is blinking in MotorBeam review when the narrator is speaking and the car is stationary. However in shots where the car is moving it is not blinking and LED Strip appears lit up.

However I do not have deep technical knowledge on photography and video skills. Is it possible that this effect of frames per second of the video camera being faster than the pulses of the light bulb is noticeable in some instance and not noticeable in other instances ?

Good Pricing and to my eyes, the facelift looks quite nice. Looks more upmarket in darker shades :thumbs up

I guess this facelift might dent the Hexa sales only slightly, since Hexa has made a name for itself in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asish_VK (Post 4388002)
I guess this facelift might dent the Hexa sales only slightly, since Hexa has made a name for itself in the market.

The XUV will continue to outsell the Hexa. This would have been the case irrespective of the facelift.
Looking at the sales figures for Hexa from its launch, as you said, it will not be effected much and will continue selling between 800 to 1400 units a month.

In the above photos, the car looks good to me. Even the tail gate & light modification seems all right except for the small little red light at the bottom. That looks out of place. Else, with all the loaded features and an attractive price, i think XUV will sell more in the coming months as it is extremely value for money vis-a-vis the competitors.

I love even my current 2013 W8 to the core, why not this, with bumped up power and all the features & changes

Swami

A rare Mahindra that has gotten the face lift right. Kudos to Mahindra for the effort. The rear especially looks more premium and in-sync with the times.

And we thought we didn’t needed a Compass to win races!! Just kidding, The XUV5OO now comes with an inbuilt “Compass”.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/160923.jpg