Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 16:49   #316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
Only drawback with the XUV, that I foresee is the sheer size. Mind you, I will be upgrading from a Swift. When compared on VFM, it would any day beat Creta hands down though. And that's exactly what's adding to the confusion.

Regards,
Pratyush
Hey Pratyush,

Do not worry about the Size factor unless there is an issue with your Parking lot. Only then it will be a daily irritating factor. Otherwise you will in-fact love it after a while. Speaking from a personal experience after I moved from small cars such as Santro, Ritz to City. Pick an AT XUV500 and you will feel better every time you drive it.

-Sunil
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 18:26   #317
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Hello All,

Today, I test driven XUV 500 W11 (O) manual, what a feeling, really loved it.

Moving from Sedan (Vento) to SUV, initial feeling was it is too bulky and hard to drive.

But let me tell you, it feels great and i dint feel any issue in driving position or seats (mind you i am average built 5.4")

Will test drive AT version this week and choose between the two. My overall experience is WOW...engine feel very responsive.
testing2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 19:06   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Only drawback with the XUV, that I foresee is the sheer size. Mind you, I will be upgrading from a Swift. When compared on VFM, it would any day beat Creta hands down though. And that's exactly what's adding to the confusion.
Upgraded from a Petrol swift LXI to XUV500 W8 AWD two years back. First two days were overwhelming with the plethora of lights and sensors and stuff (almost felt like I was in a cockpit or something). Then it was fine.

The car is quite agile and nimble inspite of its size and you will be fine
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 19:35   #319
BHPian

Pratyush, XUV is absolutely not tough to drive in traffic. I myself in fact drive a manual and no problems whatsoever. Good all round visibility, high seating position and you will love. If you take an AT, even better. But look at it as a huge 5 seater and you won’t regret.
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 21:24   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Pratyush
It doesn't feel that big when you drive down. Navigate in crowded street/lanes & you will realise its not that tough/big as what you imagine. I see the sheer size as an advantage & add comfort during long drives for both driver & passengers.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 22:10   #321
BHPian

So today on my way to airport found a fresh W11 with ribbon intact in Hyderabad ORR.

I miss the long tail lamps. Looks too small.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa003101.jpeg

Disappointing rear design.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa003001.jpeg

Check the size comparison with German big boy.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa002901.jpeg

Front DRL + Ribbon

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa002801.jpeg

Side lines

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa002701.jpeg

Parting shots

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa002601.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa003401.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa003301.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180427wa003201.jpeg
prithm is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 22:52   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Creta ticks all my boxes barring the cost one. I will rarely require all the 7 sets to be in use in the XUV500. My sole purpose of contemplating the idea of buying XUV was the cost comparison with Creta. How I would have loved the Creta at a lakh or so cheaper price point!!

Regards,
Pratyush
Well, thanks to Creta, Yaris and Honda city I feel we end up considering XUV500 too. It suddenly feels VFM in front of a petrol CVT like Yaris !!

If you are upgrading from Swift, Creta will not feel like an upgrade in terms of space (power, yes)

Looks like you are inclined towards XUV, go take a test drive(or even hire self drive XUV over a weekend to experience it)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 11:14   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Hey Pratyush,

Do not worry about the Size factor unless there is an issue with your Parking lot. Only then it will be a daily irritating factor. Otherwise you will in-fact love it after a while. Speaking from a personal experience after I moved from small cars such as Santro, Ritz to City. Pick an AT XUV500 and you will feel better every time you drive it.

-Sunil
Thanks Sunil for the motivation. Have no such issues with the parking space. 5OOAT has been high on my choices, certainly.

Regards,
Pratyush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Well, thanks to Creta, Yaris and Honda city I feel we end up considering XUV500 too. It suddenly feels VFM in front of a petrol CVT like Yaris !!

If you are upgrading from Swift, Creta will not feel like an upgrade in terms of space (power, yes)

Looks like you are inclined towards XUV, go take a test drive(or even hire self drive XUV over a weekend to experience it)
Took a TD of Creta SX+ Automatic yesterday. It was a very short drive though. Must say, the engine is uber smooth and it was indeed a pleasure to drive. Contrary to the popular view, I found the brake feedback to be strong and instantaneous. Issues may be at higher speeds, I suppose. Electronics are spot on too and everything seems to be ergonomically placed. Sat on the rear seat too and found both leg and head rooms to be more than adequate. 3 persons will be a squeeze though. Will take a longer TD to evaluate ride quality, handling, the much-talked-about braking and also explore HU and Instrument cluster functionalities. It's just the price that's pulling me away from Creta.

Expecting a TD of XUV5OO next week. Have spoken to 2 M&M dealers. Will see how it goes.

Regards,
Pratyush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Upgraded from a Petrol swift LXI to XUV500 W8 AWD two years back. First two days were overwhelming with the plethora of lights and sensors and stuff (almost felt like I was in a cockpit or something). Then it was fine.

The car is quite agile and nimble inspite of its size and you will be fine
Just licking my tongue with the prospect of fiddling with so many buttons. Sounds a very welcome change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Pratyush, XUV is absolutely not tough to drive in traffic. I myself in fact drive a manual and no problems whatsoever. Good all round visibility, high seating position and you will love. If you take an AT, even better. But look at it as a huge 5 seater and you won’t regret.
Yes Swami Sir, I am looking for an AT. Have to decide on W7/W9 post TD. Price diff is a whooping 2 Lakh+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
It doesn't feel that big when you drive down. Navigate in crowded street/lanes & you will realise its not that tough/big as what you imagine. I see the sheer size as an advantage & add comfort during long drives for both driver & passengers.
Sounds assuring. Will get a TD next week and share my experience.

Regards,
Pratyush

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 28th April 2018 at 12:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 28th April 2018, 14:15   #324
Senior - BHPian

If you are not particular about sun roof and alloys, do consider W7. Try to get reverse camera installed and you should be set.

However you won't get hill descent control etc.
Old 28th April 2018, 14:20   #325
BHPian

The siblings do look good together.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-e7e144f62ea74aadab2bbaa6fed375d1.jpeg  

Fulcrum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 17:19   #326
BHPian

Quote:
If you are not particular about sun roof and alloys, do consider W7. Try to get reverse camera installed and you should be set.

However you won't get hill descent control etc.
W7 AT gets ESP with roll over mitigation and hill descent while the manual doesnt. Compared to the the W9 variant, W7 misses out on sun roof, telescopic steering, power adjustable ORVMs, rear view camera, alloys, tiretronics and a few other things like power sockets and reading lamps at the rear. But the price difference between W7 AT and W9 AT is almost as much as that between W9 AT and W11 AWD AT.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 18:33   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
W7 AT gets ESP with roll over mitigation and hill descent while the manual doesnt. Compared to the the W9 variant, W7 misses out on sun roof, telescopic steering, power adjustable ORVMs, rear view camera, alloys, tiretronics and a few other things like power sockets and reading lamps at the rear. But the price difference between W7 AT and W9 AT is almost as much as that between W9 AT and W11 AWD AT.
Wow that makes it even more compelling buy. I have the W7 shortlisted as well
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 22:42   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Wow that makes it even more compelling buy. I have the W7 shortlisted as well
Yeah! And also because the W7 comes with plain fabric seats, it might not have the drawbacks associated with the quilted seats as were mentioned earlier. I really hope the ergonomic flaws arent a deal breaker, especially in the AT. Yet to check out the new XUV due to work constraints. Waiting eagerly for the team-bhp review.
Old 29th April 2018, 13:09   #329
BHPian

Part 2:

Old 30th April 2018, 12:04   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
The siblings do look good together.
More Sibling Photos! Helps when you have dealerships just below your workplace.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuv-siblings.jpg

We are surely becoming a SUV crazed country
Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks