Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 18:45   #466
J D
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
shed more light; better if anyone has bought accessories from m2all.
Regards,
Pratyush
I called up customer care and they confirmed that the additional amount was indeed "installation charge."

If the dealer provides even a 10% discount on the accessories (which they are), some of the items work out cheaper at the dealer and some online... so check both before you buy from either place in case the difference matters to you.

I am getting a few items for the new vehicle, so it is making an impact - why let go.
Old 30th May 2018, 23:59   #467
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
@psinside:

I skipped Underbody coating, and planning for just PPF on the door edges and the ORVM.

PPF for the bumper will actually cost as much as a new bumper or even more
Really, was not aware of that. I'll check with 3M and the dealership to get a better idea, but I do feel like getting the bumpers and the door edges done atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
I got special 10K discount .

I have done underbody coating for 5k and ceramic coating for the whole body for 15K. PPF is too expensive.
Was this the corporate discount? I got that too, and about 5k worth of accesories promised by the dealer. If I get a coupon on top of it, I might add a few more.

I will definitely be doing the underbody, and still deciding between PPF & ceramic. Full body PPF is out of the question though.

Also thinking of getting a dash cam. Something that will sit behind the IVRM, but don't want any dangling wires from the windshield to the 12v port, also a bit skeptical of splicing any wiring from a new car. Let's see, I'll check with the dealers to see if they have any advice on that.
Old 31st May 2018, 09:40   #468
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Experts! on the risk of going off track, I need advice on XUV purchase. I have finally decided to not drive my F30 for short distances and use my wife's Stingray. But, I need to get her and my little one a car. My wife liked X1 but little one refused as she liked the 3rd row of XUV and made a vocal decision about not sitting in any other car than XUV. So, the decision was made.

My debate is between 18 inch wheels vs 17 inch wheels on the new XUV. I am going for W11 AT with 17 inch wheels assuming the ride quality will be better. But, just now a friend poked saying all for 30k more, I could get larger wheels. Would you guys suggest 18 inchers over 17? This is my first Mahindra.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 31st May 2018, 11:02   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Also thinking of getting a dash cam. Something that will sit behind the IVRM, but don't want any dangling wires from the windshield to the 12v port, also a bit skeptical of splicing any wiring from a new car. Let's see, I'll check with the dealers to see if they have any advice on that.
You can think of THINKWARE DASH CAM F800 PRO. Though expensive, it allows hardwiring and recording while the car is parked for both front and rear.

Last edited by vivekshukla : 31st May 2018 at 11:03. Reason: Accidentally deleted the [QUOTE] Tag.
Old 31st May 2018, 12:31   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Was this the corporate discount? I got that too, and about 5k worth of accesories promised by the dealer. If I get a coupon on top of it, I might add a few more..
Corp. 10K & Access. 10K.

few clarifications:

1. Anyone done additional seat cover over the quilt seats?, i see the sticker at the left hand side door, that NOT to add any additional covers over and above...

2. Any good make on GPS tracker using OBD-II port?
Old 31st May 2018, 15:30   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
My debate is between 18 inch wheels vs 17 inch wheels on the new XUV. I am going for W11 AT with 17 inch wheels assuming the ride quality will be better. But, just now a friend poked saying all for 30k more, I could get larger wheels. Would you guys suggest 18 inchers over 17? This is my first Mahindra.

Many thanks in advance.
Definitely off topic out here, but if ride is your concern the 17" will be a better bet. Plus they will handle bad roads a lot better due to a bigger sidewall (reference: innova and ecosport tyre incidents on the vehicles with lower profile tyres).
Please do drive safely, and invest in a child seat for your kid.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd July 2018 at 12:15. Reason: Fixing typo: you = your
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 16:11   #472
BHPian

Quote:
You can think of THINKWARE DASH CAM F800 PRO. Though expensive, it allows hardwiring and recording while the car is parked for both front and rear.
Thats way out of my budget, I'll keep an eye on it and get it from the US if it's cheaper during Black Friday.

Quick question @testing2000, where did you get the ceramic coat from? 3M is quoting exorbitant amounts for a double coat, 15k seems extremely reasonable.
Old 31st May 2018, 16:26   #473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Experts! on the risk of going off track, I need advice on XUV purchase. I have finally decided to not drive my F30 for short distances and use my wife's Stingray. But, I need to get her and my little one a car. My wife liked X1 but little one refused as she liked the 3rd row of XUV and made a vocal decision about not sitting in any other car than XUV. So, the decision was made.

Many thanks in advance.
Definitely does not belong here, but if you have the budget for an X1 and your wife also likes the same, why will you consider an XUV? Did you show the Kid some of the features like a Panoramic roof on the X1? I don't think she is going to sit in that 3rd row for a long, maybe take an extended ride of XUV again and make her sit for a while, I am sure she will forget sitting alone in that space after a while If you are shopping in that segment, do have a look at Hexa as well, many are happy with the comfortable suspension on the Hexa.

But honestly, if you have a 3 in your Garage, better consider something Japanese at least- Innova or Fortuner rather than a Mahindra - it will be too much to adjust.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st May 2018 at 16:27.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 17:56   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
1. Anyone done additional seat cover over the quilt seats?, i see the sticker at the left hand side door, that NOT to add any additional covers over and above...
You are not supposed to have any covers over the seats, in models with 6 airbags.

Few accessories i added to Xuv.

1. Capacitor dashcam from Aliexpress.
2. Headsup Display from Aliexpress. Both yet to be installed.
3. Anti glare wide view IRVM from Aliexpress, to compensate for the poor rear visibilty in IRVM, and lack of automatic night glare reduction. Just clips on to the existing IRVM

Last edited by Raghav_K : 31st May 2018 at 17:59.
Raghav_K is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 18:32   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Capacitor dashcam from Aliexpress.
2. Headsup Display from Aliexpress. Both yet to be installed.
3. Anti glare wide view IRVM from Aliexpress, to compensate for the poor rear visibilty in IRVM, and lack of automatic night glare reduction. Just clips on to the existing IRVM
for all of us benefit, could you please share the URL for all these items from Ali Express.
Hope these items will be used in any cars and some what good to have
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 10:26   #476
BHPian

Sure. Here ya go!

1. Capacitor dashcam:

http://s.aliexpress.com/n2AvQrYr

2. Headsup Display
http://s.aliexpress.com/AfQV7vi2

3. Anti Glare IRVM
http://s.aliexpress.com/na6byyAr
Raghav_K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 11:57   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Sure. Here ya go!

1. Capacitor dashcam:

http://s.aliexpress.com/n2AvQrYr

2. Headsup Display
http://s.aliexpress.com/AfQV7vi2

3. Anti Glare IRVM
http://s.aliexpress.com/na6byyAr
Thanks! That dashcam looks nondescript enough to not grab a lot of attention! If you hardwire it, please let us know how you did it, if there are no wires dangling, this is a very well priced dash-cam. Not too sure about the IVRM yet..
We would be very grateful if you post pics once they are installed in the car.
Old 1st June 2018, 17:16   #478
BHPian

@psinside,

The dashcam can be hardwired easily, without wires being exposed. There are a couple of guides in this very forum, in some Xuv ownership threads I will post pics when i do it.

The IRVM, i also wasn't sure. But i have it installed and its brilliant. Will post a pic later. Worth the 1500rs i spent on it.
Old 1st June 2018, 19:33   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
If you hardwire it, please let us know how you did it, if there are no wires dangling, this is a very well priced dash-cam.
this can be of help - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3899460
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:13   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Thanks Avinash! I have lived vicariously through your ownership thread; it, along with the other XUV ownership threads were key driving points behind making this purchase!!

Did you face any rattles or an increase in cabin noise after the installation? I have read elsewhere, people have noticed some rattling after work done which required removing of the panels etc..

Anyways, the Mrs has put a halt on any further purchases till the car arrives (I've spent about 8k on car cleaning & detailing products and random accessories)

Still no movement on the delivery date. Sireesh Yelahanka say they will get the vehicle at their stockyard by 24th June, expected delivery is 26-27th
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks