Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:53   #601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

My first 1000km serivice is done (ZERO cost), vehicle is smooth than before.

Added, Attitude side step, and full floor matts.
Old 2nd July 2018, 11:50   #602
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
My first 1000km serivice is done (ZERO cost), vehicle is smooth than before.

Added, Attitude side step, and full floor matts.
What exactly is done at the first service to make this difference - or is it just a placebo effect?

I installed the sun screen which was a total waste. The front window shades keep falling out. The reason I bought this item is - I wanted a template to cut an acrylic sheet to proper size, and then stick sun film to it. The acrylic sheets can be fixed to the door frame using neodymium magnets. Still a work in progress
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:35   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
What exactly is done at the first service to make this difference - or is it just a placebo effect?

progress
Since it is the first service, you could ask service to fix all your initial observations and issues. Guess they would also clean the filter and tune a bit. I felt bit of change in engine character post first service.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd July 2018 at 10:37. Reason: Please proof read your message before posting.
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:20   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I just saw a video which is a W9.

Watch the below link around 8 to 9 minutes from start. It has top USB port (adjacent to ear phones socket) and bottom power socket ( illuminated).
Correct, this bottom powersocket is present in W9.

But saw the below video for W11 variant. Please watch the below link at 8:30 and for W11 there is a USB slot instead of power socket.

I could not find this difference in brochure

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd July 2018 at 14:32. Reason: removed video from quotes
Old 4th July 2018, 09:47   #605
BHPian

Changed all the tyre with Nitro Air, i felt there is a slight change in movement, is it my perception?, but there definitely is reduction in road noise.

Last edited by manson : 28th July 2018 at 15:20. Reason: Typo.
Old 10th July 2018, 14:41   #606
Senior - BHPian

For the interest of New XUV buyers, posting it here too.

Not sure if this has been covered before (please delete if it did).

Since i had First gen W6 manual before, I was confused whether the service interval is still based on KMS and Time frame (whichever was earlier). But got my query cleared from WYH app through chat.

Now Plush Gen XUV's service interval's are KMS based ONLY. For e.g.

First service has to be done at 1000 kms, 2nd at 5000 kms and 3rd at 10000 kms and 4th at 20000 kms. The only condition is that all free service needs to be completed under warranty (which is 3 years).

Now there is no time frame like earlier which was one year. So even if your running is low and you complete your 10000 kms (3rd service) even after 2.5 years, it still ok as its under 3 years.

Last edited by manson : 28th July 2018 at 15:21. Reason: Typo.
nitinralli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 16:54   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
First service has to be done at 1000 kms, 2nd at 5000 kms and 3rd at 10000 kms and 4th at 20000 kms. The only condition is that all free service needs to be completed under warranty (which is 3 years).

Now there is no time frame like earlier which was one year.
Not sure if you have any fine print in the manual. There are small superscripts over Engine Oil, Brake Fluid and a couple of other areas. And the fine print mentions that Engine Oil has to be changed once a year, Brake Fluid is once in 2 years and so on.

This was the case for my 2016 model.
Old 10th July 2018, 19:44   #608
BHPian

Some queries on the infotainment system in the New XUV.
I have music organised in folders so it would be great to have the Browse Audio option first up, is this possible?
Is it possible to change folder and select songs using buttons rather than the touchscreen?
I generally select Repeat Folder and Shuffle options to randomly play songs within a folder. But many times, not always, the settings are reset when car is restarted, and the first song in first folder gets selected by default. This is irritating, specially as it doesn't happen always. Many times the system remembers and resumes from where it stopped. Is this an error and is there any solution?
Old 10th July 2018, 22:42   #609
BHPian

I haven't been able to figure out the infotainment either. It has a mind of its own. At times when I start the XUV the last song where I had left off will start playing. And at times it just starts from First song in the first folder. It just resets the settings on its own. The up and down physical buttons also don't seem to skip folders, they do nothing when pressed, while I am playing songs from USB. I was hoping they help skip to next folder. I will try physical button navigation tomorrow to select songs and folders, haven't given that a try so let us see if that works. Will report back. There is no option, atleast that I know of, that gives browse audio option the moment the infotainment starts, it just plays USB from the word go.

Another annoyance I have been facing is this irritating pop up that keeps coming up on it's own showing AC temp and blower speeds. It pops up a hundred times while driving. And it is annoying when I am browsing through my song list and it will just pop up on the screen and I have to tap outside to make it go or wait for it to go away. Did not find any option to switch off auto pop up for AC display. I don't want to be reminded every 1-2 minutes at what speed the blower is on and what the AC temp is. Stupid. If someone knows how to get rid of it please help. I keep the AC in Econ mode.
Old 10th July 2018, 22:55   #610
BHPian

Anybody can compare here the ride quality and handling on new XUV with 17" and 18" tyres?
Old 11th July 2018, 10:02   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Another annoyance I have been facing is this irritating pop up that keeps coming up on it's own showing AC temp and blower speeds. It pops up a hundred times while driving. And it is annoying when I am browsing through my song list and it will just pop up on the screen and I have to tap outside to make it go or wait for it to go away. Did not find any option to switch off auto pop up for AC display. I don't want to be reminded every 1-2 minutes at what speed the blower is on and what the AC temp is. Stupid. If someone knows how to get rid of it please help. I keep the AC in Econ mode.
I don't have this problem in my XUV. The pop up comes on only when either temeprature or fan speed changed, otherwise never. I generally use AC and Eco mode, not Auto mode, since I am alone most of the time.
Old 11th July 2018, 13:20   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
I don't want to be reminded every 1-2 minutes at what speed the blower is on and what the AC temp is. Stupid. If someone knows how to get rid of it please help. I keep the AC in Econ mode.
It happens to me as well. Its so irritating that i have stopped using Auto mode all together

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I don't have this problem in my XUV. The pop up comes on only when either temeprature or fan speed changed, otherwise never. I generally use AC and Eco mode, not Auto mode, since I am alone most of the time.
Since you are not using Auto mode hence you are not facing this issue. In Auto mode, whenever the blower changes speed (Plus or Minus), it pops up on the screen. In manual mode this doesn't happen hence no pop up.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 01:27   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Anybody can compare here the ride quality and handling on new XUV with 17" and 18" tyres?
Also, is it possible to upgrade my 2017 w10 17 inch alloy wheels with these 18 inchers?
Old 12th July 2018, 13:24   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Also, is it possible to upgrade my 2017 w10 17 inch alloy wheels with these 18 inchers?
Ofcourse you can but then you would need to upgrade tyres too to 18". Expensive affair through.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 13:51   #615
BHPian

I tested the physical buttons to see if we can navigate through folders and songs, instead of the touch screen buttons. I am glad to report that YES, the physical buttons allow you to browse through your folders and songs if you have a USB attached to the music system. These are the ones that are on the right of the volume knob. So you can use them to go up and down in folders and sub folders and select songs, the center press of the volume knob works as selection button.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks