Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2018, 20:54   #571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You should be happy with that. For AWD AT its good enough.
Is it so? I know the ARAI rated mileage for that variant is 13.85 kmpl, but some members here have reported 15+ kmpl with the W10 AWD AT.
Old 21st June 2018, 07:00   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
The tyres I got in my XUV are Apollo Apterra HP 235/60 R18. I tried to exchange them for Yokohama Geolander but the price difference was crazy. I was asked to pay 9k per tyre after exchange. So I put off the idea, driving with the Apollos now. Have done 850kms in city driving, so can't tell how they perform. Will have to wait and watch.
I am also not getting a buyback in my city so going to stick to the Apollos for now
Old 21st June 2018, 07:28   #573
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Mine is around 10 in MID (9 in thank full method) in Kerala traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Is it so? I know the ARAI rated mileage for that variant is 13.85 kmpl, but some members here have reported 15+ kmpl with the W10 AWD AT.
Old 21st June 2018, 09:01   #574
BHPian

Quote:
For my W10 AT, I only see 16 on the MID during highway drives. Bangalore peak traffic drives always give me between 8.5 kmpl and 10 kmpl. Mostly about 9.5 kmpl
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 13:16   #575
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried connecting Android Auto? I am not able to connect my OnePlus3T with AA. Even though i bought type C cable just for AA.
Old 21st June 2018, 14:49   #576
BHPian

Quote:
@XUV500 AWD AT owners: What is your average mileage? Mine gives 11.5km per litre average, with mixed city and highway usage.
Same here. Around 11 and 11.5 in Bengaluru.
sk7671 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 17:51   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone tried connecting Android Auto? I am not able to connect my OnePlus3T with AA. Even though i bought type C cable just for AA.
Did you change the Usb mode from 'Charging' to 'Android Auto' in settings?
Old 21st June 2018, 21:06   #578
BHPian

Quote:
What Raghav said. There is an option in settings to keep Android Auto port either at charging mode or Android Auto mode. Change that setting and then see, it should work.

The settings are of your music player in the XUV, not the settings of the phone.
Old 22nd June 2018, 15:27   #579
BHPian

In bangalore city traffic I am getting 9.5, in highways around 12.5 but I drive quite fast in highways (the warning sound comes pretty often). Tank ful to tankful is pretty close to mid in my case.
Old 24th June 2018, 12:07   #580
BHPian

My vehicle arrived at the dealership yesterday evening. Went for the PDI, couldn't do much as it was dark and the basement wasn't well lit. The car has Bridgestone Duellers and is manufactured in June 18. Check all the interiors and electronics and everything was as it should. Noticed some brake noise while braking, but only when I was reversing, does anyone else have that? Brought it to the dealers notice and he said he will look into it.

We need to get the delivery on the 27th only, as I'm not available before that and the missus is not available after that, so had to rush through the down-payment so the bank can get the DO out by Monday so we can get the delivery comfortably on Wednesday. But will do a thorough check of the externals, paint etc before asking the bank to release the DO.

One question for the current owners, is Android Auto only supported on the bottom most USB port (the one under the flap next to the start-stop button)?
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 13:30   #581
BHPian

Which dealer is it and what variant of XUV500 did you buy?

Mine was ordered thru Sireesh Auto and was expected yesterday too, but there is no update from them. They also mentioned that customers are generally not allowed inside their Singhasandra stockyard where they are do their own PDI.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
My vehicle arrived at the dealership yesterday evening. Went for the PDI, couldn't do much as it was dark and the basement wasn't well lit. The car has Bridgestone Duellers and is manufactured in June 18.
Old 24th June 2018, 13:38   #582
BHPian

@psinside

Only the bottom port supports Android Auto & Charging functions. The top usb port is only for playback from pendrives.

Also please check whether the tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia or Duelers. Mine came with Ecopia. And yes, please do PDI again in full light, to look for exterior defects.
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 13:47   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Which dealer is it and what variant of XUV500 did you buy?

Mine was ordered thru Sireesh Auto and was expected yesterday too, but there is no update from them. They also mentioned that customers are generally not allowed inside their Singhasandra stockyard where they are do their own PDI.

Thanks!
Mine is also through Sireesh Auto, but the Yelahanka branch, variant is W11 Automatic in Crimson Red. I had explicitly told them that I won't be paying any money until I OK the car. They had agreed to me doing the PDI at their Nagavara stockyard, but due to heavy rains yesterday, I could not go. They did their PDI and brought the vehicle to the showroom for me to see. It was quite overcast and slight rains, so I could only check it in their basement.

Since our delivery is time-sensitive due unavailability (The missus & I want to take the delivery together and that can only happen on Wed) I paid off the downpayment after doing some mechanical & electrical checks (use the PDI checklist on the forum, its quite exhaustive - XUV PDI Checklist )

I also told them that I will be coming back to check the exterior, paintwork etc either on Sunday or Monday morning, only after which the bank will release the DO.

I'm sure if you lean on them and mention that a lot of people from Team-BHP have been present during the PDI and have also conducted their own PDIs before payment, they would allow you into their stockyard.

Quote:
@psinside

Only the bottom port supports Android Auto & Charging functions. The top usb port is only for playback from pendrives.

Also please check whether the tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia or Duelers. Mine came with Ecopia. And yes, please do PDI again in full light, to look for exterior defects.
Mine are the duellers. That was the first thing I checked

Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's the bottom port, less dangling wires. Now I just need to make sure the mobile will be safe in the side netting of the gearbox, the phone only fits when kept vertically, and I have my reservations whether or not the net will hold the phone over bumpy roads. if not, I will by getting one of those 'Catch Caddy' type things.

Last edited by psinide : 24th June 2018 at 13:55. Reason: collating
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 13:15   #584
Senior - BHPian

White Walker gets new legs and shoes

Changed from Bridgstone HT to Michelin AT same specs.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180624_155746.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180624_155832.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180624_142952.jpg
nitinralli is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 14:55   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
. Now I just need to make sure the mobile will be safe in the side netting of the gearbox, the phone only fits when kept vertically, and I have my reservations whether or not the net will hold the phone over bumpy roads. if not, I will by getting one of those 'Catch Caddy' type things.
Keeping the phone in the passenger side net won't be a comfortable thing to do. Also not easy to access it when you need it.

Have you tried sliding the phone below Android auto port? There is a space there to keep toll tickets, and my Oneplus 5T, slides neatly within it.

Btw, getting Bridgestone Duelers is brilliant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks