Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2018, 08:21   #646
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Similarly, are you sure you don't have any leakage? If everything was working fine a week before, I highly doubt this to be a battery issue. Not trying to scare you here, just my 2 cents so that you can get it rectified asap, instead of swapping batteries.

Thanks
KK
The service center tested for leakage for a few hours and informed me that there was no leakage, so they suspect it's a bad battery, especially since the "specific gravity" was extremely low.

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2018 at 16:36. Reason: Trimmed quote.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 08:38   #647
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
When we took possession of the vehicle, the odo was at 50km and we had put another 50km on it in the month that we have had it.
If you checked the infotainment system while taking delivery, did you see any other device being shown in history? What happens is, in most cars, the sales representatives or the PDI guys listen to music and that too for long hours at high volumes which results in battery drainage. I am not saying, this happened in your case, but if battery is not at fault, I am sure this was one of reason and the infrequent use aggravated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
but we would periodically start the vehicle and keep it running for a few minutes.
This does more harm than good. Idling is never good for an engine, especially a new engine and those few minutes of battery charge isn't sufficient, infact the cranking takes out a lot more juice than your few minutes of idling replenishment.

A puncture and a battery issue doesn't make a car/brand reliable/unreliable.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st August 2018 at 08:40.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 07:59   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This does more harm than good. Idling is never good for an engine, especially a new engine and those few minutes of battery charge isn't sufficient, infact the cranking takes out a lot more juice than your few minutes of idling replenishment.

A puncture and a battery issue doesn't make a car/brand reliable/unreliable.
Agree there. Idling and switching off before the engine reaches its optimum temperature is not good at all. The best thing would be to take it on short drive of 10-15 minutes every second day. That is what I do if my car is unused for a long period.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2018 at 10:01. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
Old 5th August 2018, 09:39   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
Agree there. Idling and switching off before the engine reaches its optimum temperature is not good at all. The best thing would be to take it on short drive of 10-15 minutes every second day. That is what I do if my car is unused for a long period.
Agreed - we had done that once, maybe twice. We have now switched over to the XUV as our main vehicle, especially until we hit 1000kms. The vehicle has now been driven for an additional 250km and everything has been smooth so far.

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2018 at 16:37. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 8th August 2018, 21:00   #650

Hello BHPians,

I have recently bought the Crimson Red XUV 500 AT (O) in Bangalore.
I noticed that there was fog buildup inside both the headlight assembly during cold/rainy weather. I have never seen such fog accumulation with my older cars or with any other cars. (please see attached images)
I had raised a complaint to the dealership, and they agreed to replace the headlamps.
I got them replaced today with new ones, but the issue is back. The new ones are also accumulating fog inside.

IMO, this seems to be a design flaw with the new headlamps.
Please let me know if anyone else has observed this scenario, and if it is common. Am I being paranoid ??!!

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180728_201014.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180728_201021.jpg
gpnofear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 21:37   #651
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpnofear View Post
I got them replaced today with new ones, but the issue is back. The new ones are also accumulating fog inside.

IMO, this seems to be a design flaw with the new headlamps.
Please let me know if anyone else has observed this scenario, and if it is common. Am I being paranoid ??!!
Lot of people have faced this issue right from the 1st generation XUV 6 years back. Please keep on asking for warranty replacements till you get a pair which is properly sealed and there is no moisture accumulation.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 22:32   #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Lot of people have faced this issue right from the 1st generation XUV 6 years back. Please keep on asking for warranty replacements till you get a pair which is properly sealed and there is no moisture accumulation.
Thanks for the quick response. I have written to the dealership again on the issue.

would like to hear, if anyone else has encountered this issue (or not) with the 2018 Plush new XUV
Old 10th August 2018, 06:10   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I have written to the dealership again on the issue.

would like to hear, if anyone else has encountered this issue (or not) with the 2018 Plush new XUV
I too have the same issue, haven't contacted the dealership about it yet.

There are other issues with the Plush New XUV500 (Mods: Is this the correct thread for that, or do we continue with the XUV500 Niggles thread?):

* The GPS clock resets to 5:30am randomly.
* While playing music over Bluetooth the volume goes up and down randomly, and this is not because of notifications on the iPhone because of incoming emails and messages.

Tx.
Old 10th August 2018, 14:05   #654
BHPian

Quote:

I have the plush new XUV W11 AT (O) in Mumbai and am facing the same issue. I will ask for replacement in the 5000 KMs service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post

Tx.
If the clock is set to sync to GPS, sometimes when the vehicle does not have a line of sight to GPS satellite, it will reset to 5:30 AM 1970. One workaround is to set the time manually ( available in the clock settings menu) as most of us will always be driving in India timezone and will not need the auto timezone adjusted offered by the GPS.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th August 2018 at 07:37. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 10th August 2018, 17:20   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop77 View Post
If the clock is set to sync to GPS, sometimes when the vehicle does not have a line of sight to GPS satellite, it will reset to 5:30 AM 1970. One workaround is to set the time manually ( available in the clock settings menu) as most of us will always be driving in India timezone and will not need the auto timezone adjusted offered by the GPS.
This then is a design bug. What was needed was for the clock to keep tracking the time, and sync only when the GPS signal is available. We also do not know the accuracy of the built-in clock. I must add that the incorrect time continues to show even after GPS signals are acquired.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the two USB ports are installed with opposite orientations?
Old 12th August 2018, 20:49   #656
BHPian

Quote:
* While playing music over Bluetooth the volume goes up and down randomly, and this is not because of notifications on the iPhone because of incoming emails and messages.

Tx.
GPS clock solution for me was:
- Set the clock manually first to most correct time (keeping the GPS auto update off)
- Now turn on the GPS auto time download

This way the time variation is not noticed & atleast you wont be thrown back to 1970!

Bluetooth volume up & down, possible reasons:
- SDVC (Speed dependent Volume Control) activated depending on your speed
OR
- you keep the NAV turned on with Mute set for the voice alerts during the navigation. System automatically lowers the volume of music to let the NAV audio commands be more visible, although NAV volume is Muted.

Both being part of the stupid issues along with many others which Mahindra still needs to sort out!

Hope this helps.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 21:40   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
GPS clock solution for me was:
- Set the clock manually first to most correct time (keeping the GPS auto update off)
- Now turn on the GPS auto time download

This way the time variation is not noticed & atleast you wont be thrown back to 1970!

Bluetooth volume up & down, possible reasons:

- you keep the NAV turned on with Mute set for the voice alerts during the navigation. System automatically lowers the volume of music to let the NAV audio commands be more visible, although NAV volume is Muted.
Thanks so much! Will try the GPS trick suggested. As regards Bluetooth volume variance, what you say may be correct. I normally drive (on highways) with the volume muted, so this needs to be checked out too.
Old 13th August 2018, 05:45   #658
BHPian

I hereby have a request for the proud owners of the new plush xuv 500 and the mods.
If possible please write up an ownership review or a test review. Have none for the new model here. I was waiting for detailed review here on the forum.
And something on the lines of a comparison via a vis the 2015 facelift would be nice just like the one sdp had compiled.

Note: Mods please feel free to edit my comment. I hope this is the right thread for it. Thanks.

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2018 at 16:35. Reason: Typos.
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:33   #659
BHPian

Quote:
This then is a design bug. What was needed was for the clock to keep tracking the time, and sync only when the GPS signal is available. We also do not know the accuracy of the built-in clock. I must add that the incorrect time continues to show even after GPS signals are acquired.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the two USB ports are installed with opposite orientations?
I agree it is a design issue and it should only sync to update when GPS signal is available ( as opposed to reverting to a "default" value). I have set the GPS sync to off, will update after few months on time accuracy. I am sure it must be using a low cost quartz mechanism to keep time and that time error will not be more than 10 secs/month.

Front two USB ports are indeed aligned in opposite orientations.

Niggles aside, I am really happy with the overall ride quality and handling after a longish 2500 Kms drive from Mumbai to Bengaluru-Mysuru and back. Got mileage of 14.75 kms/lit measured in tankful to tankful method for highway portion of the drive ( hoping it might get better after the 5000 kms oil change). I am getting 8 Kms/litre in awful bumper to bumper traffic in Western Suburbs in Mumbai ( we are investing our time for a better future with metro rail ) but the AT is a boon compared to my manual Swift ZXI ( 11 years old with 85K on Odo) which gives similar mileage figures with petrol prices.

Last edited by Swaroop77 : 22nd August 2018 at 13:35. Reason: typo correction
Swaroop77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 16:29   #660
BHPian

My XUV W11 AT (O) has completed 2800kms in 2 months. Recently went to Wilson Hills from Valsad. It is at a height of 2800ft and the last 13 kms is ghat section. We were 7 persons but the car handled the ghats really well with AC on. Never felt it struggling. The RPM did go to more than 2500, gears were not changing as often as on the plains. Some of the slopes were pretty steep but never did I have to leave my lane and take a "longer" turn to negate the slope. The car gives lot of confidence.

I am getting economy of only about 10.5kmpl tankful to tankful method with a mix of city and highway driving. Maybe something to do with my driving method. Hopefully it will improve with time.
The infotainment system tends to forget last played songs and settings but managing with that small niggle. Brakes are light at highway speeds but tend to get firm at slower speeds. Hoping things will get better after 5k service.

Overall very happy with the car.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th August 2018 at 07:38. Reason: Edited slightly for added readability.
jesrani is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks