Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2019, 21:52   #781
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post
2. I thought all new tyres are Bridgestone duelers on xuv500 by default, however mine are apollo apterra hp.
My Dec 2018 manufactured XUV5OO came with Apterras. They were from different weeks in 2018 too, though so not remember off-hand (and too lazy to go down to the parking lot now )
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
And I believe in recent times the lower variants come with Apollo and the higher variants with Bridgestone. But I think it is fine and you should not be worrying.
Mine is W11 (O) AT AWD, and came with 18" Apterras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
@Sandman

I m looking at picking up a W9 in Chennai, can you please let me know the discounts/offers you got. Here they are only offering Rs 14,800/- cash discount + Rs 25,000/- exchange bonus.
Cash discount is 25k for March '19. 25k cash + 25k exchange + 9k corporate offer, total 59k.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 22:03   #782
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bangalore/Noida
Posts: 38
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
@Sandman

I m looking at picking up a W9 in Chennai, can you please let me know the discounts/offers you got. Here they are only offering Rs 14,800/- cash discount + Rs 25,000/- exchange bonus.
They are offering you too less. You should definitely get the following (excluding exchange bonus) if you try harder.
1. 25000 cash discount.
2. 9000 corporate discount
3. Have them waive handling charge of 9090(disguised as incidental)
4. Negotiate hard on insurance. You can easily save atleast 20-25k by getting a quote outside and have the dealer match it.
5. And then you can also squeeze hard for further discount or freebies like a basic kit (mats, perfume)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
My Dec 2018 manufactured XUV5OO came with Apterras. They were from different weeks in 2018 too, though so not remember off-hand (and too lazy to go down to the parking lot now )

Mine is W11 (O) AT AWD, and came with 18" Apterras.
Thank you kind sir!
sandman_30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 22:07   #783
BHPian
 
diwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 325
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Cash discount is 25k for March '19. 25k cash + 25k exchange + 9k corporate offer, total 59k.
Which dealer is this?, please let me know if you have any known contacts at the dealership?
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 22:22   #784
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Which dealer is this?, please let me know if you have any known contacts at the dealership?
I'm not in Madras anymore bro, but this is standard Mahindra offer - look up March offers in Google, there was a press release, and Hyderabad dealers (both of them) are giving this.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 22:30   #785
BHPian
 
diwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 325
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post
They are offering you too less. You should definitely get the following (excluding exchange bonus) if you try harder.
1. 25000 cash discount.
2. 9000 corporate discount
3. Have them waive handling charge of 9090(disguised as incidental)
4. Negotiate hard on insurance. You can easily save atleast 20-25k by getting a quote outside and have the dealer match it.
5. And then you can also squeeze hard for further discount or freebies like a basic kit (mats, perfume)
Thank you kind sir!
Thank you Sir, this is really helpful

I noticed that the XUV500 prices are no more available at https://www.mahindraxuv500.com/buyer....aspx?id=price I am wondering if there is going to be a change in pricing?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I noticed that the XUV500 prices are no more available at https://www.mahindraxuv500.com/buyer....aspx?id=price I am wondering if there is going to be a change in pricing?.
Looks like it was a glitch and the prices are back now.

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd March 2019 at 19:31.
diwa is offline  
Old 1st May 2019, 20:12   #786
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 198
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Finally after 1 year of tracking and lot of two and fros into various cars and categories I've booked the XUV 500 W11 (O) AT AWD with a cash discount of 50k, (25 discount and 25 on insurance) with the onroad price of 22.35L here in Gurgaon.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 21:12   #787
BHPian
 
diwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 325
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Finally after 1 year of tracking and lot of two and fros into various cars and categories I've booked the XUV 500 W11 (O) AT AWD with a cash discount of 50k, (25 discount and 25 on insurance) with the onroad price of 22.35L here in Gurgaon.
Congratulations! What is the insurance quotes after discount?. If you take outside, it should be cheaper. Get an online quote and ask the dealer to match or you can take it outside. Also, there is a corporate discount and exchange bonus available if applicable in your case.
diwa is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 15:45   #788
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 198
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Congratulations! What is the insurance quotes after discount?. If you take outside, it should be cheaper...
Thanks bro The insurance amount is around 75k post discount. I will also try and get a qoute from outside.

There is a buyback bonus of 30k and I might trade in my Polo at this point if I get something decent. Since I'm buying it in my company's name I don't think corporate discount will be applicable as I guess that's for people working in corporates.
abhimanyu_singh is offline  
Old 9th May 2019, 01:03   #789
BHPian
 
diwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 325
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

I took the plunge yesterday, booked myself a W7 AT Opulent Purple. I liked the Hexa,but still it resembles a MUV than a SUV and felt too bulky to drive. We also have one in the family and want to be different.
diwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 17:44   #790
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BIHAR
Posts: 2,327
Thanked: 5,726 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Mahindra XUV5OO W3 variant has been launched today at ₹12.28L . It's the new entry level variant which undercuts the price of Harrier but misses a host of features.

Details here - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...mpression=true
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 17:53   #791
BHPian
 
Superleggera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kannur/Boston
Posts: 492
Thanked: 705 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Thanks for the info. Mahindra might be targeting self drive rental companies with this as I don't think any one who buys XUV500 for their personal use would go for this variant.
Superleggera is online now  
Old 9th May 2019, 17:56   #792
Senior - BHPian
 
BANDHAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 1,341
Thanked: 2,155 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

I am looking forward buy a relatively large SUV, I want a step up kind of a feeling from my Brilliant but ageing Terrano. Irrespective of the fact that XUV is too long in tooth now, it somehow keep coming on the top of my shortlisted vehicles. Test drove the W11 MT today.

I am kind of sold on it, my wife is not a fan of the way it looks, my daughter loves it.

I have shortlisted the W7 MT. I have been quoted 16,05,000₹ after Discount and exchange bonus. The price includes some green tax along with TCS. This green tax is new to me.

I will check out the car on Sunday along with my wife and daughter to take the final call.

PS: My wife likes Marazzo, even I kind of like it but can't imagine myself using it as a daily driver.
BANDHAV is online now  
Old 9th May 2019, 19:06   #793
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Could the next gen XUV500 follow the design language of XUV300? I've seen some renders floating around and I hope what Mahindra comes up with is along the lines of this - clean, sleek and classy.
Attached Images
 
Kabeer_ts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 20:21   #794
Team-BHP Support
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 14,516
Thanked: 49,320 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer_ts View Post
Could the next gen XUV500 follow the design language of XUV300? I've seen some renders floating around and I hope what Mahindra comes up with is along the lines of this - clean, sleek and classy.
Very much likely - As these renders show nothing but a 2019 Ssanyong Korando, but with a new face.

Not sure if majority of the people would like an XUV without the street presence though!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 23:17   #795
BHPian
 
Superleggera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kannur/Boston
Posts: 492
Thanked: 705 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Very much likely - As these renders show nothing but a 2019 Ssanyong Korando, but with a new face.

Not sure if majority of the people would like an XUV without the street presence though!
That will be disappointing as XUV300 would have become common by then, which share the same design language with Alturas !

I wish the new XUV500 to create the same vibe and excitement that it created a decade ago when it was launched ! If Mahindra needs to be repeat the success, they need to start the design language from scratch !

Last edited by Superleggera : 9th May 2019 at 23:19.
Superleggera is online now   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks