Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 15:01   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Why can’t a basic thing like an electric foldable mirror be part of standard equipment. It is part of only the SX and above variants. In a fairly wide car this is a necessary item given our narrow streets and roads where folding the mirrors makes the vehicle more squeezable. Can this be fitted at the dealer end on the lower variants?
Old 21st May 2018, 15:13   #167
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

In comparison to SX(O), the SX AT loose the following & i have catogrized as what should have been there versus what is good to have and what is OK to be missed (just my personal opinion)

Must have
- Curtain airbags
- ESC
- VSM
- HAC
- Height adjustable front seatbelts

Good to have
- ECM
- Lane change flash adjustment
- Leather pack - seats, console arm rest, door arm rest
- Supervision cluster
- Power driver seat

Dont care
- Smart key band
- Wireless charger
- Autolink connected car technology

Among this the top 3 (6 airbags, ESC, VSM) is the one that should have made into SX AT.
SR-71 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 15:43   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Why can’t a basic thing like an electric foldable mirror be part of standard equipment. It is part of only the SX and above variants. In a fairly wide car this is a necessary item given our narrow streets and roads where folding the mirrors makes the vehicle more squeezable. Can this be fitted at the dealer end on the lower variants?
Yes it can be, check this do it yourself thread from Anurag

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-remapped.html
nitinhegde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 15:45   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Among this the top 3 (6 airbags, ESC, VSM) is the one that should have made into SX AT.
Hill assist feature should also have been provided on all AT trims. Cars cheaper than Creta like Nexon got it.
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 15:52   #170
BHPian

The way variants are spread, Hyundai clearly demonstrates, "BUY IT or LEAVE IT" attitude with Creta. They are content with the amount of sales Creta generates even after such irrational spread.

I was looking for 1.6D SX variant but it clearly breaches 15 lacs OTR mark and still I won't get 6 airbags, 60:40 split seats, ISOFIX and active safety features like ESC, VSM, not even diamond cut alloys. On the positive side, I get Cruise control, AV with AA/AC, speed sensing auto door locks, accommodating 5 seater and powerful FTD diesel engine.

I can get Ecosport T+ with everything missing in SX in 13.XX ball park, I was also looking at XUV500 W7 but it is in ballpark of big 17s. The wait continues as I will have to save up more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
'Face- Lift' Creta prices revealed
Is there any word on Diesel Engine updates same as on new Verna?

Last edited by varunswnt : 21st May 2018 at 16:04.
varunswnt is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 15:56   #171
BHPian

Press release available here. http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/MediaCe...21.html?selx2=

Some questions that come to mind while reading it:

"The New 2018 CRETA has class-leading NVH performance by the use of enhanced sound absorption materials, advanced engineering design of engine, transmission and body structural parts thus ensuring quiet cabin. The NVH has been well contained to barely perceptible levels with the use of dash insulators, anti-vibration pads, sound deadener coating on floor, optimized engine mounts, tunnel area rigidity and application of dual sealing structure on doors."

What is all this focus on NVH about? Is this new stuff and how much has this changed the NVH by?

The New 2018 CRETA offers improved fuel efficiency by up to 3% in petrol and up to 4% in diesel engine.

How have they achieved this? And is their a difference in power delivery and performance thanks to it?

The luxurious details such as soft touch paint on crash pad, leatherette finish on the door, steering and seats make for a premium image.

Is this soft touch paint standard across variants?

Overall, the E+ looks like a value package and will steal sales from the City & Yaris mid-variants.

Last edited by Silverfire : 21st May 2018 at 16:21. Reason: Forgot to add the link
Old 21st May 2018, 16:27   #172
BHPian

Yet another Hyundai facelift with nothing but mere cosmetic changes. No important feature update either, except the Sunroof of course. And this time, they haven't done a good job. The rear looks like it's borrowed directly from the Grand i10, just a bit bigger. Hyundai folks, please don't make this capable product similar to the Verna story. You will lose sales in no time!
Old 21st May 2018, 17:08   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
No important feature update either, except the Sunroof of course.
I actually think they've finally added some long missing features to make the Creta a more palatable product. Addition of cruise control on the automatic models now make these a lot more desirable cars! The sunroof is a good bonus, and Hyundai has finally added things like Auto Door Locking (across all models) as well as Android Auto / Apple Carplay.

While I agree that they continue to keep silly features limited to the top-end (ECM rearview mirror! and the supervision cluster) the car doesn't seem like as big a rip off as it did earlier.
Old 21st May 2018, 17:43   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics shared by my SA:

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-1.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-4.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-3.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-5.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-6.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-7.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-8.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 18:13   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel like many others that Hyundai should have launched SX(O) Automatic in Petrol and Diesel, both. With current prices, in case of petrol automatic, you get Ecosport AT with everything at more than 1L+ less on road (Ecosport Titanium+ is 12.80L OTR in Gurgaon.) Ya, it's smaller than Creta but engine wise, it has nearly identical power. Plus host of other features. In case of diesel automatic, better to go for XUV as it comes with Traction control system, EMI will have little more burden but if one is managing 17+L then might as well go in for XUV. Creta Automatic has more of show off features than anything other than ABS and Airbags. My 2 paise rant.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 18:31   #176
BHPian

I wonder what Hyundai is thinking of when offering Automatic in lower trims than manual. Even Maruti has started offering Automatic in top trims. They are not usually available at launch but you know they are coming.

Being an Elite i20 owner, I am waiting in the wings for jump to a diesel automatic, but I cannot bring myself to even consider Creta because I for one, cannot go from full Hyundai supervision cluster to a basic one. I constantly find myself unable to justify upgrading to any car inside the Hyundai stable due to how the variants are feature equipped. If I am getting an ECM in Elite i20, I certainly am not going to pay double the money, and still make do with a Day/Night Mirror in top end Creta Automatic.
sidhu_hs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 18:52   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Yes it can be, check this do it yourself thread from Anurag
This works on variants which have an electrically foldable mirror. The DIY is to make it work when you lock the car and not by pressing the button inside the car. There is no workaround to make a manually foldable mirror into electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hill assist feature should also have been provided on all AT trims. Cars cheaper than Creta like Nexon got it.
The AT box being a TC offers sufficient torque to hold the vehicle on incline/ decline. You don't really need a hill assist with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
And this time, they haven't done a good job. The rear looks like it's borrowed directly from the Grand i10, just a bit bigger
I agree, the rear is hideous. Even i20 gets better treatment in this department.
Old 21st May 2018, 19:00   #178
BHPian

Hyundai prices their AT almost 1.5L above the corresponding MT variant. Considering that, the Diesel SX(O) AT would get priced around 19.5L or more on road which doesn't make sense at all. I really don't believe the customer base would be large enough to justify that variant and also it will make the Creta look too expensive. As it is, they are overpriced by 1-1.5L. One grouse I had in the earlier versions was that they did not offer a Petrol MT in SX(O). That's addressed now and with a bonus of sunroof and cruise control among other things. So all in all, not a bad facelift. I am still wondering though, why the SX(O) couldn't get coat hooks while all other variants do
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 20:19   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post

While I agree that they continue to keep silly features limited to the top-end (ECM rearview mirror! and the supervision cluster) the car doesn't seem like as big a rip off as it did earlier.
That is true but then again, the Automatic SX variant lacks a few features. Pay 17 big bucks and still fail to get the top end variant is an utter rip off according to me (comparing it to the competition).
Akshitsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 20:35   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
I am still wondering though, why the SX(O) couldn't get coat hooks while all other variants do
It must be due to the airbags I can't think of any other reason other than this.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks