Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 12:10   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
what would you rather buy then? I am furious with Hyundai repeating the same mistake with petrol auto variant again. My buying decision is on hold now as am not satisfied with what Creta is offering in auto(SX O manual features are acceptable if those were offered on auto with same price point).
I would have kept/gone for the Ecosport. My budget then was 15L max but did a stretch to get the SX(O). Since AT wasn't in my radar, it was an easy decision for me except for that extra 1L budget.

If I had to buy one now, Ecosport would be the front runner as I prefer SUV's over sedans. I really liked the S variant of the Ecosport.

I quite don't understand their strategy since the sales chart that they keep would indicate a lot of potential AT buyers. People now prefer AT which was quite evident when I was planning to sell the Creta (100% of potential buyers called up and asked whether it was an AT). Also, I feel they really need to get serious with their marketing/research team. The market surveys/feedbacks that they do are quite useless (I had posted a detailed report in the "upcoming Santro" thread). The outsourced agencies don't really collect the actual/needful data from customers rather they do it to meet their targets. This data will suggest that people people prefer the "bling" look rather than proper mechanical change .

Last edited by naveen.raju : 30th May 2018 at 12:12.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 12:49   #227
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would have kept/gone for the Ecosport. .
Ecosport is probably in a lower segment and ruled out as of now . Yes, it is a good option though.
Old 1st June 2018, 18:03   #228
BHPian

Few days back, a brand new white Creta whizzed past me, as I was driving, couldn't click any pictures, but even with the top end (evident from the wheels) rear 3 quarters/rear resembled a previous generation base model Creta, thanks to the new roof rails. This reduces the 'apparent' height and takes away bit of that SUV stance when viewed from a distance. Just my opinion. Worth the money, I doubt, as it was already overpriced, and with lowering gap between petrol and diesel prices, it doesn't make much sense to own a diesel car. However, Creta's petrol engine doesn't sip but gulps when it comes to fuel economy. But then no major threat in petrol compact SUV in that particular price segment too.
Old 2nd June 2018, 18:42   #229
BHPian

The general public seems to be quite happy with the new offering. The only thing missing is the AT in the top end, but I guess that's not a deal breaker for many and Hyundai knows it.

The facelift definitely looks better than the outgoing one. It's expensive no doubt but currently there is absolutely no competition in its segment. Until Kia, Tata and Volkswagen come out with their alternatives next year, Hyundai is going to enjoy a free run. 14000+ sold in the first month of the facelift launch.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...aunch/64428308

Last edited by aviraj : 2nd June 2018 at 19:00.
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 06:07   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
Precisely the reason I went ahead with the XUV instead of the Creta.

Once Creta was out of the equation, I decided to go ahead with the XUV W11 (O) AT and am now more than happy with my decision. It did rob my pocket of some additional money, but then I got much more than what I had initially desired for.
Do you consider the XUV comparable to the Creta? Not to knock your decision, but I'm in the same boat, disappointed with the Creta diesel auto, but can't bring myself to purchase an Indian manufacturer vehicle vs. one sold internationally by Hyundai.

Any details on why you believe the XUV auto to be superior would be very useful.
Old 3rd June 2018, 08:42   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Do you consider the XUV comparable to the Creta?
Any details on why you believe the XUV auto to be superior would be very useful.
As someone who picked up an XUV5OO W7 AT recently, let me try to present my viewpoint. I did consider the Creta briefly but dismissed it soon. Mechanically speaking, the XUV is ahead of the Creta with a bigger and better engine, AT gearbox (which shifts according to one's needs 80-90% of the time), multilink suspension, all wheel disc brakes. Then there are the obvious things like better space and presence. Even in W7 variant I havent been left wanting for more features except maybe for telescopic steering and power foldable ORVMs. If you go higher up the variant list, this too is solved. Only things where Creta betters XUV are quality of interior plastics, fuel economy and the perceived international vs home grown brand thingy, which is totally subjective.
GKR9900 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 05:39   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Only things where Creta betters XUV are quality of interior plastics, fuel economy and the perceived international vs home grown brand thingy, which is totally subjective.
Thanks for sharing! Sadly, for us, these are very important! I'm told the Creta has better ride quality as well?
Old 4th June 2018, 15:29   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! Sadly, for us, these are very important! I'm told the Creta has better ride quality as well?
Not too sure about that. Although both aren't Duster good when it comes to ride quality, I found both of them competent enough. Creta is one of the better riding Hyundais. The new XUV felt a bit softer than the previous one.
GKR9900 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 21:24   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Do you consider the XUV comparable to the Creta? Not to knock your decision, but I'm in the same boat, disappointed with the Creta diesel auto, but can't bring myself to purchase an Indian manufacturer vehicle vs. one sold internationally by Hyundai.

Well, with the bells and whistles the XUV comes with, Creta won't be a match. Just to mention, Creta was my first choice when I went to the market. Automatic was my preference. I eagerly waited for the facelift with great hope that the top-spec AT would be loaded to the T. Alas! I was grossly mistaken. Hyundai is best known for only the cosmetic changes without adding any substance to the facelift. Verna has been an exception though. If I am paying 18L for a car, I will expect it to come with all the safety features along with other bells and whistles. What will I do with the smart band?? And the Auto Link?? Give me 4 more airbags please. Also, in terms of design change, though the new model looks good; it's not much of a welcome change.

When XUV came in to the picture, it was the W7 which I shortlisted first. Then gradually it went up to W9 and then eventually all the way to the top-spec W11 (O) AT.

Also, I test drove both the cars. Coming from a Swift, Creta did offer a better ride, but then there was not much upgrade in terms of space. To be honest, I didn't feel like "Wow" when I entered Creta's cabin. But I did feel like "Yeah, this is it" after seating on the driver seat of the XUV. The ride quality of the new XUV has certainly improved a lot thanks to the work Mahindra has done with the suspension. Honestly, the Indian vs Korean manufacture thought didn't even come to the picture.

Hope it helps!!

Cheers!
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 16:28   #235
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH. Took the Creta Facelift for a spin last night. Drove the petrol after a long time. Damn thing is smoother than butter. Easily among the most refined machines this side of the luxo-Germans. There was a time when Hyundai was playing catch up to Honda & Toyota; I think Hyundai's eclipsing them in many areas.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-20180605-21.17.34-large.jpg
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 16:32   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH. Took the Creta Facelift for a spin last night. 3[/ATTACH]
This was the automatic or the manual variant? Do you think its on par (or even better?) than the i-VTEC now, in terms of refinement and driveability?
Old 6th June 2018, 17:51   #237
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
This was the automatic or the manual variant? Do you think its on par (or even better?) than the i-VTEC now, in terms of refinement and driveability?
Manual. The *overall* NVH experience is certainly superior to the i-VTEC (although the i-VTEC is more fun to redline).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 18:10   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH.
Agree. A relative has one (pre-facelift). It is so smooth and silent that my T-Jet feels like a diesel in comparison.

Hyundai is easily the leader in making smooth engines with best NVH in the mass market segment (wrt both the fuels). Hyundai diesels are the only ones whose clatter does not irritate me at cruising speeds. There have been times when I've mistaken Hyundai diesels (passing by on the silent streets) as petrols, with only the badge and the nauseating smell correcting me. Heck, even their 3 cylinder 1.1 diesel is more silent than many 4-cylinder ones from competitors.

Last edited by theredliner : 6th June 2018 at 18:11.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 00:42   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH. Took the Creta Facelift for a spin last night. Drove the petrol after a long time. Damn thing is smoother than butter. Easily among the most refined machines this side of the luxo-Germans. There was a time when Hyundai was playing catch up to Honda & Toyota; I think Hyundai's eclipsing them in many areas.

Attachment 1768753

I read similar rave reviews about the petrol Verna by the team-bhp reviewers - Would you say the Creta is better or on-par with the petrol Verna in terms of NVH refinement. Or, does the petrol Verna trump the Creta in this department, even if, by a small margin ? This would help someone who is looking at both these options.

Last edited by SR-71 : 7th June 2018 at 00:43.
Old 7th June 2018, 10:23   #240
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
This would help someone who is looking at both these options.
I don't think anyone will pick one over the other based on refinement, as both are very smooth. Can't comment on which one is smoother though, without checking them side by side.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks