Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 13:09   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
unless it's like the powai kailash complex slope in Mumbai (steep climb + two lanes becoming single lane + junction at the top of the slope), I guess I can do without the hill hold feature.
Even on steep inclines, the car won't just roll back in a free fall. The creep function negates the momentum so it will crawl back slowly and allow a few inches to accelerate or brake.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 12th June 2018 at 13:34.
Old 12th June 2018, 16:25   #257
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
I just booked the SX petrol automatic this week and after having checked with 3 different dealers, I could figure out that I didn't have much chances of getting a bargain except the insurance part.
All the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Biggest saving of at least 20k will be on insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Dump them. Get another dealer who will not insist onthe insurance angle.
Got the insurance price dropped, matched to the online quotes around about 45K. After a alot of bargaining got Teflon, anti-rust, lamination, matting and cover at 5K. Friends mom did hell of a job on bargaining
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 16:29   #258
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH.
Damn, same thing with the diesel too. This car is unbelievably SMOOTH. Both are amazing engines, but the diesel would be my pick. It's a jewel of an engine.

Easy to see why the Creta sells 10,000 copies each month.
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-20180612-19.28.00.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 19:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn, same thing with the diesel too. This car is unbelievably SMOOTH. Both are amazing engines, but the diesel would be my pick. It's a jewel of an engine.

Easy to see why the Creta sells 10,000 copies each month.

Attachment 1771298

Spot on! I moved from a Rapid Diesel to the Creta 1.6 Diesel just 3 months ago and I can tell you that the refinement of the one from Hyundai is miles ahead of the VW engines! Although there is no sudden surge of power like the VW TDI, power delivery is super smooth! You can easily doubt it for a petrol! In the VW diesels the clatter was very evident and you can hear the engine noise from a distance, but the Creta Diesel is super silent and what is even more surprising is that the engine bay has no insulation! The Rapid had insulation in the engine bay and you could still hear the clatter!

I think one thing that Hyundai did right was that they started investing in diesel tech very early, about 10-15 years ago and they sort of forecasted that getting Diesels right was very key for the European and Indian markets. Although Europe is moving away from diesels, India and few other markets will have a decent share of diesels at least for the next 3-4 years.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 00:06   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Spot on! I moved from a Rapid Diesel to the Creta 1.6 Diesel just 3 months ago and I can tell you that the refinement of the one from Hyundai is miles ahead of the VW engines!
Do you have the averages you get from each? My father's Vento 1.6 TDi returns some ridiculous figures, most recently 24.5 over 70kms (back roads, low traffic).

In Bangalore city she easily returns 17kmpl. Did you also experience the same with the Rapid? And how does the Creta compare?
Old 14th June 2018, 08:37   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Do you have the averages you get from each? My father's Vento 1.6 TDi returns some ridiculous figures, most recently 24.5 over 70kms (back roads, low traffic).

In Bangalore city she easily returns 17kmpl. Did you also experience the same with the Rapid? And how does the Creta compare?

Hey, that is some mind blowing efficiency on that Vento! I drive in bumper to bumper Bangalore Traffic and the Rapid used to fetch about 13-15 in these horrendous City traffic conditions and about 17-18 in the highway, also because I used to push the car quite a bit on the open roads. So the efficiency I got over 6 years was quite fair considering driving conditions and also my eagerness on the highways!

The Creta is no different, at least as of now, just about to clock 4000 kms. Bangalore traffic conditions seem to fetch around 13-14, while the 2 highway runs I did returned about 15-16 kmpl.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 10:14   #262
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spot on! I moved from a Rapid Diesel to the Creta 1.6 Diesel just 3 months ago and I can tell you that the refinement of the one from Hyundai is miles ahead of the VW engines!
Now imagine the impact a test-drive will have on a non-car enthusiast (read = 99% of the car market). It's amazing how everything about the Creta is smooth:

The steering is light
The clutch is light & smooth
The gearshift is slick
The suspension is smooth
The engine is refined

It's the entire package. Creates a heck of a first impression to any potential customer in the showroom.

And let's not forget, all women love the Creta. Thus, it's easy to convince the wife.

Last edited by GTO : 14th June 2018 at 10:15.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 10:39   #263
BHPian

Quote:
And let's not forget, all women love the Creta. Thus, it's easy to convince the wife.
Completely agree! Not sure what makes them to love this car so much.
They admit that for the rear seat occupants ride is not like sedans or duster but still they vote for Creta!
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 11:03   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, that is some mind blowing efficiency on that Vento!

To be fair my father never really drives in peak traffic areas or hours. I've never been able to achieve the same figures either even though I'm the more sedate driver.

My observation even with the petrol Rapid has been that the relatively big engined VWs do still return surprisingly good mileage. Hence the request for a comparison because I've heard Hyundai petrols at least do not.

Quote:
Not all. My wife recently drove a petrol one on a trip to Mahabaleshwar and reported that she wasn't impressed with the lightness of the steering, ride, the tendency to over-rev. It is her friend's car and he didn't like the back seat ride either. We liked the car just based on looks, so it was a bit of a disappointment.

It might be better as a city commuter where these qualities are better appreciated.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 11:12   #265
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Not sure what makes them to love this car so much.
Styling man, plus it's light & easy to drive. Most women I've asked also love the Compass for its design alone. The Jeep is a fashion statement on wheels.

Quote:
My wife recently drove a petrol one on a trip to Mahabaleshwar and reported that she wasn't impressed with the lightness of the steering, ride, the tendency to over-rev. It is her friend's car and he didn't like the back seat ride either.
Me thinks your wife should register on Team-BHP . She has all the makings of a BHPian.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 11:39   #266
BHPian

Anyone booked with Trident in Whitefield, Bangalore.

A friend booked there (Petrol automatic) and he's been taken on the long winding path. They are almost leaking details bit by bit and everything is a mystery including the VIN number. When asked, they were quite firm in saying that all payment needs to be made first before they can release any info. Today they find out that the information in the forms differ from the actual vehicle details.

Is it possible to change the dealer after the vehicle is allotted?
Old 14th June 2018, 11:48   #267
Senior - BHPian

How can one tolerate non transparency, especially after paying 1.5 million rupees?! If there is even a hint of doubt, cancel and change the dealer ASAP. If one is getting questionable service before paying, imagine the plight after payment is done.

This is not a comment on the specific dealer, but rather to give support to a buyer. Take your money only to the people who you are comfortable with. In my experience, 'human' is the most important factor in a deal, and if this factor is dicey, then no other factor is worth going ahead with the deal.

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2018 at 08:40. Reason: Removing extra space :)
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 12:04   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I almost finalized on the SX variant, my wife pushed me to get the SX(O) because she loved the 17" alloys.

But when she gets on the Creta from her Grand i10, her face is all (says overtaking is a breeze in the Creta). Earlier when she tucks herself to sleep during our long drives to Blore, now she is all excited to get behind the wheel. No wonder I see a lot of women driving the Creta here (even the manual variant).
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 10:07   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Dump them. Get another dealer who will not insist onthe insurance angle. I managed to do the insurance at my end last week and got delivery of my car within ten days. Modi Hyundai will waste your time. If you need any help on the same, pm me - will give you the details.
Which engine option and variant did you choose. My friend in Mumbai is looking for the diesel Creta 1.4 E+. Can you help me with the name of the dealer and the SA so that it will be convenient for him to finalize the deal.

What was the total savings that you managed on the insurance and any other discount that you managed to squeeze out.

Had PM'ed you but, I think you missed that.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th June 2018 at 18:42. Reason: u=you. Please avoid sms language on the forum.
Old 16th June 2018, 12:27   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be fair my father never really drives in peak traffic areas or hours. I've never been able to achieve the same figures either even though I'm the more sedate driver.

It might be better as a city commuter where these qualities are better appreciated.

On the efficiency front I do think Hyundai is behind most of the others. I have never heard astounding figures on a Hyundai Diesel. But I am more than happy with 13-15 in the City and around 16-18 in the highway, considering driving conditions.

On the other hand the Hyundai petrols are not efficient at all. One of the reasons why Verna petrols do not hold their resale values well, but the diesel Verna command a pretty good resale value.

Coming back to the Creta, yes the steering is quite light and that may not be good thing in the highway. In the City its a boon though!

Also on the back seat ride quality or the general ride quality of the car, I think its pretty mature and sorted. It does not have the wallowy or bouncy nature of some SUVs and neither is it too stiff. I would rate it as very comfortable. For sure this is no German Sedan, but it does most things right.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2018 at 23:34. Reason: Post fixed. Avoid quoting entire posts please. Thanks!
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks