Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:07   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmody View Post
Booked the diesel auto and just got the pricelist. Any extra charges anyone can see which I should negotiate for except the insurance and handling charges.
Attachment 1762992
Do get the break up of registration charges. In Maharashtra there are fixed slabs for road tax and registration charges e.g. 14% for diesel vehicle having cost between 10-20L. In that sense they are charging 4-5K extra, so you can clarify what that is and whether any genuine RTO receipt will be provided for the complete registration amount.

Refer tax information below,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...aharashtra.pdf
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:17   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

I remember reading that new Creta would have black interiors in dual tone version. Any photo of all black interior?
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:06   #198
BHPian

Here is the price list of the new Creta in Chennai
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V3 Hyundai - Creta FL Price List.pdf (61.9 KB, 860 views)
clementj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:31   #199
BHPian

I wonder how ex showroom prices are still different from state to state after GST. I would think ex showroom price should be the same across India.
Old 22nd May 2018, 18:21   #200
BHPian

I know that this is not that the right forum to post. But since this concerns the launch of Creta 2018, posting it here.

I am in a confused state of mind whether to go for Creta SX Auto or Nexon XZA+.

My main requirement is an urban diesel automatic SUV with a sunroof since my existing car has one

The on road price of Nexon XZA+ with the electric sunroof is 13.60 Lks And Creta SA Auto is priced at 18.25 Lks

I have already booked the Nexon and today the Creta is launched.

The confusion is because:
1. I was waiting for the launch of Creta 2018 since last year and the price difference between the two cars is 4.65 Lks so whether shelling out the difference will be worth to prefer the Creta over the Nexon

2. Creta is a more premium offering and the sunroof is factory fitted and has a torque converter AT

3. Nexon is a fresh car with diff. drive modes with appealing interiors but comes from the Tata stable where reliability will always be a concern and the sunroof will be fitted at the dealer level and is an AMT

4. I intend to self drive the car in the city on the weekdays and long drives over the weekends . Plan to keep the car for 3 to 4 years. So expecting some re-sale as well

Need some urgent advice/suggestions.
Old 23rd May 2018, 07:30   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2009 View Post
I know that this is not that the right forum to post. But since this concerns the launch of Creta 2018, posting it here.

My main requirement is an urban diesel automatic SUV with a sunroof since my existing car has one

The on road price of Nexon XZA+ with the electric sunroof is 13.60 Lks And Creta SA Auto is priced at 18.25 Lks

The difference between the Creta AT and the Nexon AT is good enough to buy a small hatch like a Tiago!

I think cost is a huge factor here considering you are talking about nearly 5L between the both of them.

I bought a manual diesel 1.6 Creta just 2 months ago and did test drive the nexon, the ecosport and other cars as well. In terms of quality, ride, I think the Nexon and the Ecosport were almost at par with the Creta. My reason of not buying the compact SUVs was primarily because I was used to a Rapid earlier and these compact SUVs felt way smaller, at least that is what I felt.

Initial reports of the Nexon AMT are quite good and although it may never be as smooth or refined as a regular torque converter unit in the Creta, I think it should do the job pretty well.

My view is that the Creta has always been overpriced, especially the higher variants. At 17-18L on road for the top variants, it is too close to far better cars like the Jeep Compass and even the Octavia etc, Although you may need to sacrifice some features and AT.

Like I said before the price difference is way too much and all I can say is that the difference is not really worth it. In terms of resale, yes the Creta will fetch better, but you pay a hefty premium upfront.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 24th May 2018 at 11:08. Reason: Please dont quote a full long post
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:10   #202
BHPian

Quote:

I am in a confused state of mind whether to go for Creta SX Auto or Nexon XZA+
If i were you, i would definitely buy the Nexon, as per reviews the Nexon AMT is one of the best out there and Tata has done a great job with it. Also the new color scheme is a lot more subtle, the difference in amounts are also huge. To take a final call, ride both the cars in the same kind of terrain and traffic, observe them closely and decide which keeps you assured and brings a smile on your face.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:11   #203
BHPian

Quote:

2. Creta is a more premium offering and the sunroof is factory fitted and has a torque converter AT

3. Nexon is a fresh car with diff. drive modes with appealing interiors but comes from the Tata stable where reliability will always be a concern and the sunroof will be fitted at the dealer level and is an AMT

Your heart is set on creta but that premium of 4.5 Lakhs is making you think. I guess you are looking for some validation. I say this coz you have highlighted no negative point for creta except the price.

While Nexon is a great car but if your heart is set on creta, expect yourself ogling at it even afterwards. In that case, you should buy the creta.

If Iam completely wrong about your heart being set on creta, Nexon is absolute value for money.

And no matter which one you select, you will eventually fall in love with it. Saying this by experience.

All the best.

Last edited by LoneWolf9 : 23rd May 2018 at 10:15.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:26   #204
Senior - BHPian

I heard once, that car and house should be bought little beyond the budget! However, the two cars you are looking at are from different segments. Calculate the missed opportunity on the 4.5 lakhs as well.

All the best for your decision.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 14:52   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I intend to self drive the car in the city on the weekdays and long drives over the weekends . Plan to keep the car for 3 to 4 years. So expecting some re-sale as well
If resale is a priority, do not think twice, Creta is a no brainer, but do consider the interest being paid for the additional amount over Nexon, if you are taking a loan.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 15:12   #206
BHPian

Quote:

You first need to answer one thing. You zeroed in on the options first or you went to the market with a budget in mind? If the answer to the 2nd part is yes, than you very well know your limit. And if you are weighing these two cars only on the basis of features, road presence and resale value, Creta will beat Nexon hands down. Any day!!

Coming again to the budget, does the 5 Lakh difference justify the additional features and real estate you would be getting in Creta? I don't think so. Creta happens to be one excessively overpriced car. Looking at your requirements, Nexon seems to be ticking all the boxes. Creta is a better looker though.

My suggestion would be to TD both the cars extensively- in city and on highways. Take your family along and then decide. You will pretty soon fall in love with the car, whichever you decide to buy.

By the way, WR-V also seems to fit the bill. Comes with a sunroof too.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 15:23   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post

Unfortunately, the WR-V still doesn't come with an automatic, if that's one of the criteria of the OP. But otherwise its a great alternative alright.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 15:26   #208
BHPian

Quote:

TD the Creta. The way I see it, refinement is a big+ with Creta but you won't feel very different in case of performance. Creta's AT is tuned for the extremely sedate drivers and there's no sports mode either. Fit & finish is good in Nexon as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
No AT, I think he is looking for ATs strictly.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 23:27   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Marina Blue - the other new colour shade for the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-bl.jpg

Thanks to Manoj Kumar.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 18:56   #210
BHPian

The earlier red share was called 'Passion Red' and the new one is called 'Fiery Red'. Is there an actual shade difference of just a moniker change. If there is a shade difference is it closer to the deep red like the compass?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks