Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 14:02   #76
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

What a wonderful design. It's an improvement in 360 degree angle. Seats look really good now.

I do not see even a single reference used from the previous generation. Its' truly an amazing job by the Honda Team. Definitely going to a strong contender in the segment.

Signature Mustache Honda front chrome garnish wins my heart.
PISTONS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 12:51   #77
BHPian

Got a call from Capital Honda (Chennai). They confirmed that the Pre-bookings are open for the Amaze 2018. Though he didn't confirm when the display/test drive vehicle would be available.
Old 5th April 2018, 15:14   #78
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: 2nd-gen Honda Amaze launch in May 2018

Honda had showcased the second-generation Amaze at the 2018 Auto Expo. Now, according to a media report, the compact sedan will be launched in India in May 2018. The report claims that customers can place their orders with dealers from April 6, 2018 by paying a booking amount of Rs. 21,000. Deliveries of the car are expected by the end of May 2018.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amaze.jpg

The second-gen Amaze is based on a new platform. In terms of styling, the car gets a new front end now with a revised grille and thick chrome garnish, new headlamps with L-shaped LED DRLs and front bumper. The rear end has also been reworked with a new boot lid and tail lamp clusters.

On the inside, the Amaze gets a redesigned dashboard with a centrally mounted touchscreen infotainment system. Features like automatic climate control, cruise control, multi-functional steering wheel, parking sensors with reverse camera and keyless entry & go are likely to be offered on select variants.

Honda is expected to offer the new Amaze with the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines that are available on the current-generation car. The 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine makes 87 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 109 Nm of torque @ 4,500 rpm. It is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The car is also available with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with the same engine, but in a higher state of tune (89 BHP and 110 Nm of torque). On the other hand, the diesel unit puts out 99 BHP and 200 Nm of torque and is paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 15:45   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda badly needs this launch. With sales 30% down, they need to pull up their socks and launch some hit models.

I guess the CRV will be their next launch, which according to a Mumbai dealership owner will come around Diwali. Although the CRV will not bring in the numbers like the Amaze can, but it can contribute significantly to their topline if they price it right. I hope the massive drop in sales have gotten HCIL off their high horse to finally offer well loaded cars at attractive prices.
Sahil is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 16:47   #80
BHPian

HONDA amaze looks more American than Japanese; i hope they would provide projector headlights,classier dash, rear ac vents and a 1.5 liter petrol Honda engine so the car has a little more go compared to the outgoing model. Without providing such appealing features at a competitive price it would be foolish to expect a huge turnaround in the sales charts/profit.
Old 5th April 2018, 17:17   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
HONDA amaze looks more American than Japanese; i hope they would provide projector headlights,classier dash, rear ac vents and a 1.5 liter petrol Honda engine so the car has a little more go compared to the outgoing model. Without providing such appealing features at a competitive price it would be foolish to expect a huge turnaround in the sales charts/profit.
The engine lineup has been confirmed already, 1.5 petrol will stay with City & BRV and will not find entry in Amaze / Brio.

CVT would be the new addition which is liked by many and will offer better mileage and driving experience compared to AMT offered by competition.
Old 5th April 2018, 18:47   #82
BHPian

In my opinion, existing Honda 1.2 liter ivtec in the same state of tune, does not strike the right chord with this new gen model. I have driven my colleague's Amaze 1.2 petrol; the low end torque is not good. Although in paper, power (87 bhp) is higher in comparison to similar engine like 1.2K series, that comes at comparatively higher rpm. I am not a expert in mechanicals, but can not the existing 1.2 litre engine be tweaked to deliver better pulling at lower rpm.

Changing the body shell with same mediocre engine performance is not at all an upgrade. Otherwise the new model is quite exciting. While Honda expects us to consider their products as premium, we also expect some differentiation to accept that.

Last edited by Subby : 5th April 2018 at 19:02.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post

CVT would be the new addition which is liked by many and will offer better mileage and driving experience compared to AMT offered by competition.
The Amaze already had a petrol CVT option with its 2016 Facelift (prior to which, it had a conventional AT). Now, Honda is offering the CVT in the diesel variant(s) as well.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 23:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

New 2018 Honda Amaze Brochure Leaked.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-hondaamaze2018brochure2.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-hondaamaze2018brochure3.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-homdaamaze2018brochure1.jpg

• Gets a Diesel CVT option.
  • Paddle Shift (CVT only)
  • Cruise Control
  • Gets New Digipad 2.0 & Lots more.

Variant wise features will be known in coming days.

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 11:30   #85
BHPian

https://m.hondacarindia.com/allnewamaze/

Website is now live. Bookings open.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 12:02   #86
BHPian

I anticipate the CVT to sell like hot cakes, unless Honda plans to do a 'Honda' with the pricing
dheepak10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 14:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I anticipate the CVT to sell like hot cakes, unless Honda plans to do a 'Honda' with the pricing
Which they will do because they are 'premium'. But I doubt that would deter people from buying it. See WRV. Inspite of the shocker of pricing it is selling pretty well. Its USP was sun-roof ofcourse , for AMAZE it would be the CVT I believe. And with higher torque in the diesel hopefully the rubber-band effect will be less pronounced? Experts your views?

Never the less this would be the cheapest Diesel CVT in the country. Hope they have improved the NVH levels for the diesel. This should sell really well as the design now looks way better than the old one and am sure the interiors will be upmarket. Just blacken the chrome upfront and this will looks pretty complete

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th April 2018 at 14:18.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 14:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that auto makers are underestimating the demand for cheap automatic diesels, Diesel's mileage + ease of driving an automatic would easily attract buyers.

If someone launched a decent automatic diesel hatch, for around 7L, it would certainly become the active among the cars. Considering our traffic, I wouldn't mind having a boring automatic for my commutes.
Old 6th April 2018, 15:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Which they will do because they are 'premium'.
I couldn't agree more. I happened to visit a Nexa showroom and a Honda showroom in a short interval. When I inquired about the significant price difference between the Honda Jazz V CVT and Maruti Baleno Zeta CVT to the Honda sales person when the Honda Jazz lacked certain basic luxuries like a full size spare wheel and adjustable rear headrests when compared to the Baleno, all I received was a shoulder shrug and a sarcastic smile followed with, "We are Honda. We are a premium brand."

P.S. - The Honda showroom was very badly maintained when compared to Nexa and the sales person tried convincing me that the Baleno has an AMT transmission and not a CVT.

End of OT rant.

I love the design of the New Amaze though. The exteriors are more American than Japanese when it comes to the looks but the interiors and the beige scream Honda!
targaryen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 15:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

'Decent automatic diesel hatch @7L'?? Which decent automatic petrol hatch is at 7L? I think the diesel CVT can easily cross 11L, because IIRC the current top version Amaze Petrol CVT is around 10L. No way the diesel CVT can be less than or around that cost.

Is this the first ever diesel CVT in India?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks