Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2019, 08:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
I would add memory function as a miss too. Nothing more annoying than losing your favourite driving position due to someone fiddling with the settings.
Been saving most of this rant for an ownership report:
That is BEYOND a miss. That is on the miniscule list of things I hate about the car - a truly idiotic omission on any car with 6 or more-way electric adjust. A truly horrendous ergonomic oversight, in no uncertain terms - the sheer difference between what it would've cost and what it would've given - the thought alone makes my blood boil at the stupidity of whoever made the decision to remove it.

*Goes and dips head in cold water.*

Last edited by Mu009 : 7th February 2019 at 08:16. Reason: Semantics
Mu009 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 08:26   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Been saving most of this rant for an ownership report:
Don't know about you guys, I have never ever used memory functions on any of the car I have owned

For some reasons, when I sit in a car I always first set my seat and then mirrors and then proceed. If the journey is longer, I change the seat/ mirror settings multiple times on the way. And my morning settings do not normally match with evening settings, of-course the difference is not much but still depending on the state of my body, I prefer to set my posture. But, I am a single driver mostly and things maybe different for some of the guys who have spouse or a driver.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 08:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
For some reasons, when I sit in a car I always first set my seat and then mirrors and then proceed. If the journey is longer, I change the seat/ mirror settings multiple times on the way. And my morning settings do not normally match with evening settings, of-course the difference is not much but still depending on the state of my body, I prefer to set my posture. But, I am a single driver mostly and things maybe different for some of the guys who have spouse or a driver.
It is exactly the same in my case.
What you just said is what I tell myself when I'm in the mood to not get so angry about the omission.

That said, still doesn't excuse the omission - especially since it'd be nice to have a set, good, basic starting point to make the small adjustments from.
It becomes even more important once you factor in how rarely the seat is set for a different driver from me - more of a pain as I'm less used to changing it back.

Yes, I think we are very much in the realm of first world problems, but I maintain that it's an inexcusable omission for anything with 6 and above-way electric adjust seats.

Last edited by Mu009 : 7th February 2019 at 08:34. Reason: Correction(s)
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 11:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know about you guys, I have never ever used memory functions on any of the car I have owned
I never felt issues before, when I drove my previous car as it was single driven 99% of time and while I adjusted a bit here and there everyday before starting my trip it was never a pain.

The problem started when my wife started driving my Endeavour and being shorter she adjusts the seats too close to steering so that I can't even creep in the car before adjusting it all the way back. Needless to mention the position of side mirrors and rear view mirror. The good thing is she doesn't know how to adjust the steering else there will be 4 things to adjust everyday. A memory button is a sigh of relief in such scenario.

BTW all this mellow drama is going to end, she is getting her new Polo GT TSI tomorrow.
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 14:23   #50
BHPian

In my view, the one of the biggest miss in endy is the memory function.. Kodiaq offers memory for both driver and passenger. Scenario is similar to roby_dk. We both drive the car and its a daily affair to reset the seat position. And like Turbanator said, I change the position once a while during long drives. And unlike him, I would strongly prefer and a 3rd memory position for this. They should add it to the list!!
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 16:16   #51
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

For some reasons, when I sit in a car I always first set my seat and then mirrors and then proceed.
I have extensively used the memory button on both the Laura and X3.

I too am a single driver, but you can adjust for two or three settings. Low seated and high seated. It adjusts the side view mirrors also as per the memory and it reduces irritation of seat position change when receiving the vehicle from service, repair or detailing or even valet parking.

In the X3 the two keys also separately remember your settings for audio, lighting etc. so you in effect have 4 memory positions.

Some cars have the feature to limit stuff that the driver can use like the music system or sport mode and that too is a great Idea. Valet key i.e.

Last edited by ACM : 7th February 2019 at 16:18.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 16:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Some of these electrical features are nothing but hype. The electric seat settings- barring height adjustment, the manual adjustment would probably need 20 second of your time!Reminds me of another one-powered tailgate! Heck by the time I am searching for the button, I would have been sitting in the driver seat had it been a manual close. Agree that in reality "Electrically Operated" is supposedly more premium but personally find some like above absolutely useless!
Old 7th February 2019, 17:16   #53
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Some of these electrical features are nothing but hype. The electric seat settings- barring height adjustment, the manual adjustment would probably need 20 second of your time!Reminds me of another one-powered tailgate! Heck by the time I am searching for the button, I would have been sitting in the driver seat had it been a manual close.
The way I see it:
1) Once I find a perfect seat position for a car, some times there are two such positions. Then I save them in memory. It would either be impossible for take a lot of time (a 2 hr drive maybe) to reach the absolute same position once disturbed.

2) A electrical tail gate will close in about 3 secs and we can proceed to sit in the drivers seat while the gate is being closed. No need to wait. Plus the electrical tail gate will close at the exact designed pressure and get banged in on occasions resulting in reduced chances of rattling or other damage. Negative is another expensive electrical failure point.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 18:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ford Endeavour facelift bookings open

According to a media report, Ford dealerships have started accepting bookings for the upcoming Endeavour facelift. Customers can book their cars by paying a token amount of Rs. 1 lakh. The SUV is rumoured to be launched on February 22, 2019.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-2018fordeverest12.jpg

The updated Endeavour was first spotted in India back in November 2018. It was launched in the international market earlier that year. The SUV has been given a subtle facelift that includes a new chrome grille and projector headlamps with L-shaped LED DRLs. The front bumper has a silver insert with fog lamps and an integrated scuff plate. It is likely to come fitted with 18-inch alloy wheels.

We can expect the Endeavour to get updated interiors as well. The car could be offered with a new touchscreen infotainment system equipped with SYNC3, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Features like navigation, passive keyless entry and engine start/stop button could also offered on the new model.

Media reports suggest that the new Endeavour could be available with two diesel engine options - an entry-level 2.2-litre unit paired with a manual gearbox as well as a 3.2-litre engine mated to a 6-speed automatic and four-wheel drive.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 18:24   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The way I see it:
1) Once I find a perfect seat position for a car, some times there are two such positions. Then I save them in memory. It would either be impossible for take a lot of time (a 2 hr drive maybe) to reach the absolute same position once disturbed.
Its also about that 'feel' - that you got that earlier 'perfect position' you wanted or the continuous feeling that its isn't perfect yet. Memory helps in getting that satisfaction that you got your perfect position(s)
motorhead5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 11:53   #56
BHPian

So there is no change of engines or transmission as they were rumored?
Old 8th February 2019, 12:39   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
So there is no change of engines or transmission as they were rumored?
I had posted multiple times that the new 2.0 Biturbo with the 10 speed tranny will not come to India with this facelift/till the Euro VI norms are in place, though I still hope to be proven wrong on the 22nd instant.

That said, there is a change in the tranny, the 2.2 will now have a manual option, will it drive 4 wheels or 2, I dont know yet, but my guess is both.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 13:54   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That said, there is a change in the tranny, the 2.2 will now have a manual option, will it drive 4 wheels or 2, I dont know yet, but my guess is both.
If 2.2 comes with 4x4 option there are good chances that Ford will easily double its monthly sale figures. Fortuner sales are high due to variety of models and of course Toyota brand image. Ford has improved a lot and is now quite impressive with their low service cost throughout its range.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 14:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the information and its correct. FORD is relaunching Manual version.
Great news for Manual lovers like me. Many people want a manual transmission 4WD SUV. Those people had no choice but go to the Fortuner. Now we have a very credible alternative.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 13:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Just like the last time when i wanted to Test Drive the Endeavour 3.2 and even after chasing dealers here in Mumbai, I was not able to.

The same is happening even now, I want to book the Endeavour but my dad wants to check out the interior space and comfort before we go ahead and book it, So checking out the current version is fine as the interior space and everything would remain the same, We need the car at the earliest when its launched , I have been calling all the dealers in and around Mumbai but to no avail, I have just heard one thing in common, "We will call you back", Never happen to get a call back! Registering on the Ford India website too doesn't help.

On the other hand, Requested a TD for Skoda's Kodaiq on their website and the car was below my building in less than 3 hours. For a reason i agree it isn't selling, But communicating well is the key too, Which i guess the ford dealers are taking pretty lightly with customers willing to spend 40 big ones!

Anyone from Ford reading this, Mumbai dealers =
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed