Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2019, 09:33   #106
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India

Powerdrift review is out. Around 2.52 minutes into the video, you can see a parachute coming down at the right hand top corner, which seems to be a unexpected capture.

pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 15:38   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Even the previous generation was advertised as 2-zone climate control. Not sure if they have removed temperature control for rear- highly unlikely though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
This is what the previous gen Endeavour had at the rear

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2015...deavour-09.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
It was 3 zone. The front had 2 zones (driver and passenger) and rear had one. Not sure why it was (if at all) advertised as 2 zone.
Quote:
What I meant was even though previous gen Endeavour came with 3 zone AC, it was always advertised as 2 zone. Same with 2019 Endeavour and nothing is deleted.
That A/C control knob (as shown in the picture link) at the rear is NOT the 3rd zone of the climate control. It controls the mix of air that is conditioned by the a/c expansion block(cold) and the air that comes from the heater circuit. Full blue is only a/c air. Full red is only heater air. Everything in between is a mix of both to get your favorite temperature. That knob mixes air, it doesn't control your AC compressor. That only has an on and off function, so you blend the hot and cold air streams to make cool or warm temps.

So Ford was right in calling it a 2 Zone Climate Control because only in the front do you get two controls for actually controlling the temperature of air out of the compressor. Cheers!
haldar_siliguri is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 19:52   #108
BHPian

Understated minimal facelift, but still an SUV pleasant on the eyes. The 3.2 4x4 AT is a good engine and gear box combination. The overall package is actually a good deal. The price correction is also a welcome move.

P.S: The Raptor-grill is a fan favourite in Delhi NCR, I actually see more Endys with the Raptor-grill than the stock one.
docprashant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 21:02   #109
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the F150 style grill is so much more preferred Ford India should simply provide it by default and save some money as the normal original chrome slats grill is surely more expensive to manufacture.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 14:52   #110
BANNED

2019 Ford Endeavour Launched With a Manual Gearbox & Slashed Prices
  • 2019 Ford Endeavour gets a new base variant with a manual gearbox with a 2.2-litre diesel engine.
  • Continues to be powered by same 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre diesel engines.
  • Gets passive keyless entry, engine start/stop button and a hands-free tailgate.
  • 2019 Endeavour is priced much lower than the previous model starting at Rs 28.19 lakh

Source
Old 25th February 2019, 15:45   #111
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Endeavour Facelift 2019

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0565.jpg

Checked out the facelift Endeavour in flesh and these were the additions and omissions, as my observations go.
  • +11mm longer
  • +9mm wider
  • +three slat front grill
  • +modified front scuff plates
  • +passenger 8 way electric adjust
  • +keyless entry and electric push start
  • +still retains exclusive feature Ford MyKey
  • +chunky and softer grip steering wheel
  • +changed gear lever with chrome insert
  • +ORVM puddle lamps
  • +Smoked black headlamps
  • +Ports moved. 1 12V+1 USB on front and one USB deeper inset.
  • +12 spoke diamond cut alloy wheels
  • +dashboard leather draped in black instead of earlier brown.
  • +automatic boot opening by leg swipe
  • +warranty- standard 3 years
  • +Diffused Silver Colour Option Added
  • +Titanium+ is new apex variant.
  • -still no isofix! (only SUV in segment to miss this)
  • -no telescopic adjust steering
  • -no memory function for seats
  • -Golden Bronze & Smoke Grey Colour Removed
  • -Trend variant removed

I'm happy to learn that the Endeavour matches the competition, finally with a standard 3 year warranty. With a 4th year/1 lac kms extended warranty at INR 43,500. (This is still lesser than what much of the competition offers, with the Fortuner still the best in terms of warranty coverage.)

The car is mighty impressive, and I will post an update soon with a test drive report (although its the same mechanically as the outgoing 3.2)

I have attached the price list and the Endeavour accessories pricelist.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0563.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0567.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0568.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0569.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0570.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0572.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0575.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0577.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0579.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0580.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0581.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0583.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0584.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0585.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0586.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0587.jpg

Noticed the plastic dipped paint coating in the footwell area for protection. I had not paid attention to it before. Nice touch.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_0576.jpg

The already loaded endeavour has assumed an irresistible value proposition now.

P.S: "The facelift has been launched at a lesser price than the outgoing model"

As much as I appreciate the value on offer, I would take this statement as a smart marketing move. The December price for the top 3.2 AT 4x4 model, was 38.89 (on road delhi) and this was raised at the turn of the year leading to January Pricing of 39.45. But we know that there were zero dispatches of the Endeavour during the month of Jan 19, throttling supply in wait of the impending facelift launch. There may be no old model car with a 2019 VIN stamped on it. So probably, there were no cars in January that would have actually sold for the raised phantom price.

The Feb 19 price is the price of facelift that's at 39.02, an increased price from the actual outgoing model in December 18.
  • December 2018 = 38.89
  • January 2019 = 39.45
  • February 2019 = 39.02 (Facelift)

Having said that for theoretical correctness only, theres no denying that for just a paltry 13k increase, the facelift has a LOT on offer, including all the features and the turn of year pricing increase absorbed.Looking at how the market responds, I won't be surprised if Ford revises the prices silently few months down the line.
All said, this is a great deal-a lot of car for the price, compared to its rivals.

A fact that becomes much clearer once we compare the fortuner's annual price increase, shown below.
  • December 2018 = 39.26
  • January 2019 = 39.65
  • February 2019 = 39.65

I have compared the facelifted endeavour and fortuner's features in their latest avatars in my premium SUV shootout thread. The endeavour has caught up, surpassed and how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The Endeavour gets a wee bit longer and wider, with subtle cosmetic changes and a bunch of customer craving features added. Where it stands today, the endeavour is loaded to the gills and is an irresistible package. This is how the Fortuner and Endeavour stack up against each other feature wise.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 20:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like 4x4 Manual is given a miss. Enthusiasts will not like but the market will welcome the availability of 4x2 Manual, a variant which sells in good number for Fortuner.
Very disappointing indeed Why could they not provide 4WD with manual 2.2 lit as well?
Old 25th February 2019, 21:48   #113
BHPian

Test drove the new Endeavour. It was the new Diffused silver color (See some pics attached).

Some observations:
1. I didn't find the drive any different. In the short drive that I took, I couldn't feel the refinement or ride improvements compared to the older model that I read in some of the reviews like Autocar etc.
2. I felt the seat comfort (driver) was better in this. But it could be about the new car and seats too!
3. IMO, the new front grill looks better than the outgoing one
4. buttons (in boot) to fold the 3rd row seats was a good addition (Not listing the other features as that was already discussed in this forum)
5. Though I like darker colors in general, I found the new color good. In fact all of us liked it. But my favorite is still the relatively darker brown shade that they had at the beginning in Endy and then later discontinued.

Though the price has come down, the price in bangalore is ~43L for top end, which is 4L more than Delhi
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy1.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy2.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy3.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy4.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy5.jpeg  

motorhead5 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 22:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
  • -still no isofix! (only SUV in segment to miss this)
  • -no telescopic adjust steering
  • -no memory function for seats
  • -Golden Bronze & Smoke Grey Colour Removed
  • -Trend variant removed
[*]-Removed Headlight washer as well.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 00:40   #115
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
[*]-Removed Headlight washer as well.

Yes. But that was removed back in 2017 itself, with the introduction of Sync3.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 26th February 2019 at 00:46.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 11:15   #116
BHPian

The diffused silver makes a comeback from the original endeavour.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1551159766.586111.jpg
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 14:16   #117
BHPian

Got a chance to see and drive the facelift at the Great Endeavour Drive in NCR. The ride felt a bit more soft than before with the bumps on the track feeling better cushioned.

The entire Ford's line-up
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-img_20190223_105315.jpg

Couple of images from the track (Image credits Wanderer Adventure Sports)
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190226-10.28.41.jpeg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190226-10.28.421.jpeg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190226-10.28.422.jpeg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190226-10.28.42.jpeg

Couple of other changes noticed were different SYNC3 version, Gracenote version and Navigation version.

Facelift
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-new_1.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-new_2.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-new_nav.jpg

Pre-facelift
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-old1.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-old_nav.jpg

When comparing the build data from the Ford's ETIS database between the 2017, 2018 and Facelift builds, it highlights some other changes which I am not sure are actual or only notational.
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy_differences-1a_page_1.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy_differences-1a_page_2.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy_differences-1a_page_3.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy_differences-1a_page_4.jpg
Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-endy_differences-1a_page_5.jpg

With the facelift, Ford has also added a couple of additional accessories like Snorkel, all-weather mats and bug deflector.
A.G. is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 10:54   #118
BHPian

We, a group of Ford Endeavor owners tried out the new Endeavor in an off-roading event in Hyderabad. One positive silent update, which we found out that, the throttle response is very good in the new one. It is instantaneous, compared to the old one, where it was delayed.
anumod is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 14:08   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
One positive silent update, which we found out that, the throttle response is very good in the new one. It is instantaneous, compared to the old one, where it was delayed.
Considering the gearbox and engine are the same as the old one, I am hoping old Endeavour can also get the same with a PCM and TCM update. Hope there are no other factors(hardware or software) limiting old ones from getting the update. The frustrating low speed gear change delay is the only irritant in an otherwise brilliant car. I have a 2.2 Auto and struggle everday
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 16:47   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an SMS intimation about the Ford Endeavour experience drive in Chennai and went for it. I was the first one to reach the place and was given a drive in less than 10 mins. Since this was my first off-roading experience, I requested the Wanderer group POC to take me through the trails before I drive.

It was an exhilarating experience to see the mammoth taming the trail. I had my heart in my mouth when we took the 23 degree incline - was told it can manage upto a 35 degree without flipping. Quite a feat for an SUV. I have always been a great fan of the build quality, when I checked out it previously.

What I noticed is also how comfortable the car is over bad roads. Overall, a very well organized event with snacks & beverages on the house (from café coffee day). It was too hot to stay in the trail and click the pics. So managed just few ones.

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-p1040987_.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-p1040991_.jpg

Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India-p1040993_.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (19) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks