Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2019, 18:34   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber! Owner's First Long Drive Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Congratulations on the Triber! Couldn't visit this as I was a little busy! Wishing you a wonderful journey with the car
Thanks Jagann13, and same to you as well.

Quote:
Indeed! I was amazed by the ride of the Triber.
Yes, it really is in a league of it's own with the wide platform and superb proportions. Really loved to drive it throught he winding roads of Himachal and long straight highways down in the plains.

Quote:
And the power windows, I think that the lock/unlock is only for the rear windows and not for the front from what I have experienced and from what my SA told me. The power windows behaves unlikely!
Maybe it is as you've said. Will have to go through the owner's manual for more details.

Quote:
Infact, my car's power windows (except driver side) stopped working 4days back and the car is at the shop to repair it. Unfortunately, the workmen at the service centre couldn't identify the cause of the malfunction. I raised a complaint on this and some workmen from Renault India are checking this tomorrow!
Sad to hear about this. Hope the issue is resolved soon and you have a fuss free ownership experience hereon.

Quote:
Happy to hear that an enthusiast has this car as I wish I can get your support anytime!
I think at least 3-4 BHP-ians own the Triber now. There's you, me, a guy from Chandigarh and at least 1 more if I remember correctly. And most of us have the RXZ variants only.

P.S. - Surprised to see a heading called "4x4 Info" in the Media Nav Evolution owner's manual. Have to see it in person on the car to see if it is indeed there in the Indian version, or may be something for the International Spec models later on.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-15752064802966658718703535522060.jpg

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 1st December 2019 at 18:52.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 20:40   #722
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

I took the car out on an overnight camping trip yesterday. it wasnt too far, just a short 160 odd kms round trip, south of bangalore. I was alone in the car but pretty much every inch of space was occupied by tents, sleeping bag, multiple telescopes and other stuff for the camp. The weight wasn't much though (probably 100 kilos total) as the sleeping bags and such stuff just occupy space but are light weight.

The suspension is really sorted. Carrying telescopes is a delicate affair and most of our non-NH roads around Bangalore are in bad shape. I really need the suspension to keep the bumps away from the equipment and it does it job much better than a lot of more expensive cars I have used before, barring the Linea. The underside of the front bumper seems to hit potholes, if one is not careful. Ground clearance is good as well.

Also, it kept up nicely with all the traffic in those side roads i was travelling on. Overtaking was simple as well.

The big thing though is the tyre got a cut when i was going on relatively smooth roads. I pulled the jack from under the 60 part of the 60/40 second row seat. Its not so conveniently placed, may i add.

Removed the spare tyre from under the boot. It is of the same size as the rest of the 4 tyres but it came with a red rim, warning us not to exceed 80 kmph. I plan to raise a claim with Ceat. Its the first time something like this has happened where the tyre got ripped lengthwise. The gash is probably about 10 mm and it cant be plugged by regular tubeless kits.

The wipers do their job. I drove around in the rain for quite a bit.

The key is a bit of an irritant as i had mentioned, a few pages prior. It unlocks when you go close to the car and locks as you walk away. When you are hanging around the car for the whole day/night, like while camping, this kind of gets to your nerves. They should have given an option on the key to switch off this feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-capture_20191201204153.png  

Last edited by ak916 : 1st December 2019 at 20:46.
ak916 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 21:15   #723
BHPian

This may be a question to the new Triber RXZ owners, does renault provide 2 of the Card/Smart Keys or only one
Old 1st December 2019, 21:49   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
This may be a question to the new Triber RXZ owners, does renault provide 2 of the Card/Smart Keys or only one
They provided us with 2 Smart Cards. The Physical Key is inside these cards, so no separate physical key was provided.
AdityaDeane is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:21   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

5. Not sure why, but my front right suspension is making a loud Thud sound on some road undulations on even as low as 26Km/H, while sometimes there is nothing even at 70-75Km/H on similar potholesthe cooled box in the central console as his stool!
It happened with me too but with the left front suspension. They tightened some nuts during the first service and it is a thing of past.

During first service, ask your Service Manager to specifically look for this issue and ensure that it gets attended.

My horse has clocked more than 2600 Km and going on strong. BTW I hate Mumbai roads.
shashank8986 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:42   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
The key is a bit of an irritant as i had mentioned, a few pages prior. It unlocks when you go close to the car and locks as you walk away. When you are hanging around the car for the whole day/night, like while camping, this kind of gets to your nerves. They should have given an option on the key to switch off this feature.
If the card has been within range for approximately 15 minutes, remote locking is disabled.

The vehicle will not lock if a card is in area . If you unlock the vehicle by pressing the button on the card but do not open the doors or the boot, “hands-free” remote locking is disabled.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd December 2019 at 20:47. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
Mandeep0172 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 14:16   #727
BHPian

Renault Triber registers it’s highest sales since it was launched in August 2019 by Renault India, it's been gaining volumes steadily, the only silver lining for Renault India after Kwid. Triber Nov 2019 sales stood at 6,071 units. Renault has managed to sell 18,511 units of Triber up to Nov 2019.

In MUV segment Maruti Suzuki India still commands No.1 position with cumulative Ertiga (7537) and XL6 (2195) sales figures at 9,732 units in Nov 2019. It seems premium offering has helped Msil India to further consolidate its position in this segment. Hope Triber continues to propel Renault till they re-strategize for the Indian car market. It’s sad to see Mahindra Marazzo a solid Mahindra product struggle big time

Source of figures: Autopunditz.com
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-06c96ee7fe0b4a43a1b3a16ccc599310.jpeg  

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-3e0da4f7efb147a79bc81b02a3254ce9.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 14:54   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S. - Surprised to see a heading called "4x4 Info" in the Media Nav Evolution owner's manual. Have to see it in person on the car to see if it is indeed there in the Indian version, or may be something for the International Spec models later on.
If the infotainment manual is separate from car manual (as is the case with most cars now) - its likely that the whole set or sections from it are reused for other cars also. I believe this infotainment also makes its way in the Duster 4x4 & that's why the section is present in the manual.

There is no way that the Triber will be made in AWD. Even for international markets.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:50   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If the infotainment manual is separate from car manual (as is the case with most cars now) - its likely that the whole set or sections from it are reused for other cars also. I believe this infotainment also makes its way in the Duster 4x4 & that's why the section is present in the manual.

There is no way that the Triber will be made in AWD. Even for international markets.
Yes the Infotainment System manual is separate from the car's Owner's Manual and even the owner's manual has some information about the Infotainment System in it. The image also shows a Duster only, so my guess was also that maybe the same manual is used for Duster and Triber and all the models using the same infotainment system, but was too excited for my new car, so put it up anyway.

But would have been useful if this was for all Renault cars, to see the Camber Angle, Compass etc. all on the screen in all cars would have been an awesome USP for Renault.
Old 4th December 2019, 16:02   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But would have been useful if this was for all Renault cars, to see the Camber Angle, Compass etc. all on the screen in all cars would have been an awesome USP for Renault.
Renault better make a correction in that page though. Their technical writer and proof reader have totally got the meaning of "wheel camber" wrong. They are referring to the car's side-ways plane orientation (roll) angle as wheel camber.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 15:04   #731
Senior - BHPian

Triber is selling like hot cakes. I spotted three Tribers on Friday at my nearest Petrol Pump and one of them had ribbons on it. The ribbon ones had come straight from showroom and I could literally feel the pride of new owner in getting his car topped up.
I congratulated him and his choice of color and he told me that his brother is coming from US, with his family, & he wanted to receive his brother in a brand new car.

May such TRIBE(R) of people increase, who believe in such SIBLING love.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:21   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

More information about the Turbo Petrol engine is coming out, it seems to be fairly modern design with dual VVT and partially integrated exhaust manifold, making around 95 HP. IMO, will be better suited to this large vehicle than the puny 70 HP NA engine available presently. I hope they keep the prices attractive like the current variants and also add an AMT version.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...hbc-suv-415196
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 09:39   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
Kwid has been consistently moving more than 5000 units and if Triber is able to move half that number, it will be a success. But with this little engine, despite the appealing looks, how masses will take to the car remains to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Renault Triber registers it’s highest sales since it was launched in August 2019 by Renault India, it's been gaining volumes steadily, the only silver lining for Renault India after Kwid. Triber Nov 2019 sales stood at 6,071 units. Renault has managed to sell 18,511 units of Triber up to Nov 2019.
I am extremely happy to see that I have been proven wrong with my thoughts for Triber numbers initially. The very good value for money proposition is attracting masses towards it. Have seen in Kerala that families have turned to Triber extremely well and it is showing in these great numbers. Hope it sustains the momentum.
ask_017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 13:06   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Renault Energy TCe 90 engine will be powering the Triber in the Turbo petrol version to be launched soon. Specs are 90PS power and 135Nm torque.
Here are some more details about the engine:

Last edited by Behemoth : 11th December 2019 at 13:07.
Old 11th December 2019, 19:04   #735
Senior - BHPian

Is it the Tce90 or the Tce100 in works? I think internationally Tce90 has given way for the Tce100. Eitherways, not many youtube videos for either engines. But, since the engines are co-developed with Nissan, I am assuming a good amount of engineering effort must have been spent.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 11th December 2019 at 19:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks