Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 12:50   #661
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,845
Thanked: 11,112 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Would suggest to stick to established manufacturers. I'm in the market for an hatchback and I have not even put Renault in the list.
We should be open enough to evaluate and encourage good products irrespective of the manufacturer. Not only does that help increase the choice for the customer, it also makes the so called 'established manufacturers' take note and improve thier own products. A lot of products in the recent years that have come from the big two are purely as a result of the other lessor manufacturers showing the way.

The Triber is definitely a good effort from Renault. Whether they will sustain and build on its success is debatable and need to wait and watch.
Rajeevraj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 13:13   #662
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 670
Thanked: 816 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
We should be open enough to evaluate and encourage good products irrespective of the manufacturer. Not only does that help increase the choice for the customer, it also makes the so called 'established manufacturers' take note and improve thier own products. A lot of products in the recent years that have come from the big two are purely as a result of the other lessor manufacturers showing the way.

The Triber is definitely a good effort from Renault. Whether they will sustain and build on its success is debatable and need to wait and watch.
I'm ready to root for the underdog but not when the intentions have been wrong as I mentioned in my earlier post.

How did we arrive Triber is a good effort from Renault? Just because there is no other option in the segment?

Seltos is a good effort not the Triber. Seltos bettered the competition in the hot segment. Renault took a poor quality kwid, dressed it up well and created a new segment. May be smart, but is it a good effort? Let's wait for Teambhp review, Crash Test results and long term ownership experiences.

As I said already, I'm OK to root for the underdog but not when the intentions have been wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Absolutely! It is common to appreciate good things and smash bad things. No bad in appreciating a great engineering work!
"Perceived quality is far from actual quality", so the only hatches that may break this are VW Polo, Figo, i20 and maybe the Tiago for its body. Only the i20 is from an established manufacturer.
If people had stuck to established manufacturers, Kia and MG should have closed their shops now.
We were taken by the space and VFM Triber offers under 4m(engineering beauty) and I am not surprised by the response here!
I don't think that the dynamics have deprived. Instead, coming from the Kwid's platform the ride and handling of the Triber are excellent. No denial that it is from the Duster's parents.
Reasoning above, thanks.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 14:19   #663
BHPian
 
2cents's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: India
Posts: 441
Thanked: 353 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I'm in the market for an hatchback and I have not even put Renault in the list.
I have this weird feeling that you might eventually buy the Triber.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 14:28   #664
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 615
Thanked: 654 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Let's wait for Teambhp review, Crash Test results and long term ownership experiences.
I'm 100% with you. Even with Kwid, Renault tried to send a buffed up version for crash tests and sold skimmed ones in the market and thought nobody would notice. In the case of Captur, they tried to pass off the European Captur while selling Russia based one. Its an unethical company with a mission to sell cheap products in India.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 16:54   #665
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,845
Thanked: 11,112 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post

How did we arrive Triber is a good effort from Renault? Just because there is no other option in the segment?

Seltos is a good effort not the Triber. Seltos bettered the competition in the hot segment. Renault took a poor quality kwid, dressed it up well and created a new segment. May be smart, but is it a good effort? Let's wait for Teambhp review, Crash Test results and long term ownership experience.
Well, you answered your own question. Highlighted above. Creating a new segment in the 5-10L range which is the highest volume and most competitive segment is definitely an achievement. Creating that segment and then dispatching 2500, 4700, 5200 odd in the first 3 months is definitely a good start.

Of course, the long term success remains to be seen and depends on whether the pros outweigh the cons in the eyes of majority of buyers, but that is true for any car including the seltos and hector. For example we know that the dual clutch that runs in both the seltos and venue has a history of problems worldwide. If that starts to cause failures in India it will impact the brand.

For now , we can judge by data available today.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 17:09   #666
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 360
Thanked: 479 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Let's wait for Teambhp review, Crash Test results and long term ownership experiences.
Which cars under 5 lakh ex showroom price score high on crash tests? I think none scores more than 2 stars.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 17:20   #667
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

That's a little unfair and to be harsh on Renault. When the market leaders can sell zero star worthy cars over the past 3 decades, why do we need to overreact when other players produce what the "herd" wants. When regulations are stringents all makers comply and it is a fair playfield.
ganadrive16 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 13:50   #668
BHPian
 
AdityaDeane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Manali Dehradun
Posts: 736
Thanked: 1,987 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Took the quotation, and now awaiting my loan approval within this week and subsequently delivery sometime soon if all things are in place.
Finally, after long delays and over a month since this post above, my loan has been approved today. Now will wait for the delivery of Triber RXZ by end of November, God-Willing. Will start an ownership review with all the details soon after delivery, cause I will get to drive it from Dehradun to Manali within a couple of days of buying the vehicle. The choice of colors we have provided the dealership is Silver > Blue > Yellow > Red. The excitement begins.

Time to bid my Nano a farewell...
AdityaDeane is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 14:31   #669
BHPian
 
400notout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 238
Thanked: 676 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Now will wait for the delivery of Triber RXZ by end of November
Congratulations! Finally your search for an affordable people mover ends. I feel the Triber is a very decent car for its worth. Wishing you many happy miles and looking forward to your ownership experience.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 14:36   #670
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Finally, after long delays and over a month since this post above, my loan has been approved today. Now will wait for the delivery of Triber RXZ by end of November, God-Willing. Will start an ownership review with all the details soon after delivery, cause I will get to drive it from Dehradun to Manali within a couple of days of buying the vehicle. The choice of colors we have provided the dealership is Silver > Blue > Yellow > Red. The excitement begins.

Time to bid my Nano a farewell...
Happy to hear this! Congratulations on the car and excited to see the ownership review from you!

So glad it got approved a little late, else you would have got the R14 rims and changing that will be a Himalayan task!
Jagann13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 14:46   #671
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 1,872
Thanked: 3,516 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I'm ready to root for the underdog but not when the intentions have been wrong as I mentioned in my earlier post.

How did we arrive Triber is a good effort from Renault? Just because there is no other option in the segment?

Seltos is a good effort not the Triber. Seltos bettered the competition in the hot segment. Renault took a poor quality kwid, dressed it up well and created a new segment. May be smart, but is it a good effort? Let's wait for Teambhp review, Crash Test results and long term ownership experiences.

As I said already, I'm OK to root for the underdog but not when the intentions have been wrong.
I have driven Triber and barring lack of power, I could not find anything wrong with the car. In fact Triber has a ride quality which the hatchback from so called Established manufacturers can only dream off! Full marks for practicality and features again.I don't expect Triber to score anything beyond 2 stars in terms of safety! That said top spec Triber does get 4 airbags, not sure which other car in price range offers same(Figo may be). If 5 star safety is the only criteria for buying car, I can think off Nexon (under 10Lac) or probably buy something more expensive, but nothing more here.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 15:00   #672
BHPian
 
AdityaDeane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Manali Dehradun
Posts: 736
Thanked: 1,987 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Congratulations! Finally your search for an affordable people mover ends. I feel the Triber is a very decent car for its worth. Wishing you many happy miles and looking forward to your ownership experience.
Thanks a lot sir, yes finally I can rest my search and enjoy a pocket friendly occasional 7 seater with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Happy to hear this! Congratulations on the car and excited to see the ownership review from you! So glad it got approved a little late, else you would have got the R14 rims and changing that will be a Himalayan task!
Even I am happy for the delay, I wanted to have those 15 inchers ever since the media drives. Now I can have them factory fitted and not worry about the warranty, otherwise that was the first task I had in mind after taking the delivery.

Looking forward to years and miles of fun with my family and extended family once in a while.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 15:14   #673
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,453
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Finally, after long delays and over a month since this post above, my loan has been approved today. Now will wait for the delivery of Triber RXZ by end of November

Time to bid my Nano a farewell...
Congrats Aditya and looking forward to your ownership review! To replace your Blue Nano a Blue Triber would be great. I really liked the Blue colour on the Triber when I saw it in the showroom.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 15:23   #674
BHPian
 
AdityaDeane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Manali Dehradun
Posts: 736
Thanked: 1,987 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats Aditya and looking forward to your ownership review! To replace your Blue Nano a Blue Triber would be great. I really liked the Blue colour on the Triber when I saw it in the showroom.
Exactly my thoughts, but wifey likes the Silver more, so my choice moved down the chart!

Even the Nano in Blue was mostly because of our existing Blue WagonR (owned by my father at that time) and because, as far as I remember, Blue was the only color with Black interiors, as opposed to Beige interiors in the other colours.

My personal colour choices are Blue > Yellow > Red only. Silver was the last in my option, even after White! :-P

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th November 2019 at 02:48. Reason: As requested
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:45   #675
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Aligarh
Posts: 5
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Exactly my thoughts, but wifey likes the Silver more, so my choice moved down the chart!
Congratulations on your purchase, will eagerly wait for the ownership review. I am already seeing a good number of Tribers on road here in Aligarh which is a good sign because it is a Tier 3 city. I really like the Mustard Colour followed by Silver.

My family is looking to replace a ageing 16 year old WagonR and Triber looks to be a great choice but little wary of the 1L Engine, coming from a 1L WagonR, so will maybe wait out for the Turbo Petrol. We just purchased a Ciaz 1.5D for those Highway trips so Triber Petrol would be largely limited for city drives.
thenextstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh dZired The Indian Car Scene 38 25th November 2019 14:34
Renault to introduce a 7-seater based on the CMFA (Kwid) platform RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 20 6th December 2017 16:14
The Renault Kwid AMT. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.25 lakh dZired The Indian Car Scene 63 23rd November 2016 20:40
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs! Aditya The Indian Car Scene 94 28th August 2016 01:22
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs! S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 781 13th October 2015 22:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks