Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 15:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Tata Motors is developing a new petrol engine that will make its debut under the hood of the Harrier SUV. This new unit will be a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, which will also feature direct-injection technology – a first for a Tata petrol.

This engine is expected to make its debut in 2020 after the BS-VI norms kick in.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-engine-411806
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-1.6.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 5th March 2019 at 15:52.
RM Motorsports is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 15:50   #107
BHPian

First two thoughts that came to my mind after seeing the Buzzard

1. That design is an afterthought.
2. From the rear, it looks like a beefed up Mobilio.

I am getting increasingly convinced that Hexa is probably my next car.

@Tata Motors - Just give us the Hexa XTA with all features from the XT 4x4. With this Buzzard, you are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 15:51   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Here's carandbike's walkaround of the Buzzard (starts at the 2:30 mark) and Altroz. The Buzzard showcased here has the same parking brake lever as the Harrier.
Wow, thanks for sharing.

The Altroz looks really beautiful, That's how the Zest & Bolt should have looked in the first place.
I wouldn't mind exchanging my Zest for that (though I love the Zest and am happy with it).

Also "Buzzard", I think the name will work, the rear tries to mimic the Fortuners & Endeavours body language.

So the Buzzard (bird context) is slightly bigger than the harrier, while the Shikra is the smallest.

I am googling to see if we have some interesting names for native prey bird species

Edit : Found the rear design of the Altroz a bit weird.

- Slick

Last edited by Slick : 5th March 2019 at 16:00.
Slick is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:05   #109
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a forced make-shift rear quarter-glass panel from this angle! Not liking it at all!

The roofline could have just continued in the same flow till the end, rather than this unnecessary kink, and that grey piece there - just to differentiate it from the Harrier.

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_galleries_20190305023420_buzzard4.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th March 2019 at 16:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like a forced make-shift rear quarter-glass panel from this angle! Not liking it at all!

The roofline could have just continued in the same flow till the end, rather than this unnecessary kink, and that grey piece there - just to differentiate it from the Harrier.

Looks like the roof rails and the grey cladding and the glass kink are meant to cover and take attention away from the raised roof in the rear. It’s a variation of the safari/original disco raised roof. Not entirely convincing, maybe it looks better in the flesh.

Also doubt the Harrier platform has been extended. It seems the same with a raised rear roof, a flatter hatch and the seats now in the indents already available in the Harriers boot. It’s going to be very similar to the XUV in boot space if that is the case.
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:00   #111
BHPian

Don't like the headlights (looks uglier than the Harrier),
Don't like the colour it was showcased in,
Don't like the plastic thingy between the rear quarter-glass and the roof,
Don't like the various shades of grey on the rear exterior,
Don't like the border shading on the rear glass (which probably reduces visibility),

And, lastly...

Don't like the name.

I don't know what further changes TATA has planned but at this point of time am not excited by what I am seeing.

Was disappointed with the Altroz.
Am disappointed with the Buzzard.
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:04   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

What's the purpose of that grey piece? Is it removable?
Old 5th March 2019, 17:06   #113
BHPian

How close is that?

C'mon Tata, M&M was your benchmark?

Buzzard seems to have no boot space, just like XUV500.

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-buzzard.png
Old 5th March 2019, 17:08   #114
BHPian

Tata Buzzard video. Looks are subjective but I love it as to me its a very fresh take on masking the added step of the third row with the roof rail element blending in with the third row window. The windows look big too and will make it feel very airy and less claustrophobic. The boot space seen in the video at 1:02 looks identical to the Hexa. Just cant wait to see it launched. This is a looker but with sufficient resemblance to carry on the legacy of the Safari name. 4WD please to go with it Tata
nainan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:09   #115
BHPian

Another first look, courtesy MotorBeam. The rear quarterglass design does look like an afterthought - the line should have been seamless all the way.

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-screenshot_20190305170106.png

I guess a smartly designed window visor could help here.
spindoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:09   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Here's carandbike's walkaround of the Buzzard (starts at the 2:30 mark) and Altroz. The Buzzard showcased here has the same parking brake lever as the Harrier.
Alloys on Harrier look better than present one. Looks bigger in size and a better design. Tata, please provide the same alloys in India.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2019 at 09:37. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts correctly
veyron-w16 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2019, 17:27   #117
BHPian

H7X doesn't appeal to me but H5X did! I would choose Harrier over Buzzard any day. What a funny name. It sounds like Hazard OR Lizard
TATA TUSKER would have been the ideal name for H7X.
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:29   #118
Senior - BHPian

That Name!! It's going to be really funny in North India. Seems to close to the word "BHASAD". Now let me make it clear to all this is not an abusive word. Just the way this word is used. And its meaning.

The design philosophy will also call for the use of this word as the rear actually seems like "Designers ne bhasad macha di!"- The designers did an unorganized designing at the end.
Will have to see it in flesh but the current design is just too busy with unnatural curves and kinks.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:51   #119
BHPian

A bad show by Tata this year in Geneva. Buzzard looks a total misfit with its rear portion totally different from its curvy front. I also hope they change the name when they launch it. It is the same with Altroz as well with its radical rear. I thought it was only Mahindra who could come up with ugly designs, but it looks like Tata is trying to beat Mahindra.
Old 5th March 2019, 18:19   #120
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Tata Buzzard SUV (H7X) debuts at Geneva motor show 2019.

Images and Details from Autocar India.

Article link - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ow-2019-411803

Quote:
Tata has taken the wraps off its H7X SUV, and revealed that the seven-seat SUV will be called the Buzzard, at least for the duration of the 2019 Geneva motor show. The Tata Buzzard will be named differently for the Indian market and will be the brand's new flagship SUV, slotting above the likes of the recently launched Harrier and the recently updated Hexa. The official name of Tata's seven-seat SUV will be revealed closer to its India launch.

As we had reported previously, the five-seat Harrier and seven-seat Buzzard share Tata’s OMEGA platform (and the same 2,741mm wheelbase length), which is a derivative of Land Rover’s D8 platform. However, the latter is 62mm longer overall to accommodate the third row of seats. Spy images of the production-spec H7X showed that the Buzzard SUV gets larger 18-inch wheels, footboards and roof rails to differentiate itself from its smaller sibling.

In a bid to further differentiate the Harrier and the Buzzard, Tata will equip the seven-seat SUV with a more powerful (170hp) version of the 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine found under the bonnet of the Tata Harrier. The Tata Buzzard will also get the 6-speed manual from the Harrier and the option of a Hyundai-sourced 6-speed torque convertor automatic transmission.

Expect the new SUV to launch in India after the Tata Altroz makes its India entry. Set to be Tata’s new flagship, Buzzard prices will be a touch higher than the Harrier and the Hexa.
Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-1.jpg

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-2.jpg

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-3.jpg

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-4.jpg
LOL_FWD is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks