Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2019, 17:23   #1216

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
MG Secure Elite is an insurance package.

Back to my original question then. Can we buy our own insurance policy? This is what I always do and usually the dealer matches the price. MG call center exec told me that without the MG Secure Elite insurance package, warranty would be void! This is really strange. I told him that people will take MG to consumer court if they try to enforce this as a mandatory policy. He stuck to his statement.
vinod_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 17:39   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_hyd View Post
Hi AGWagon,
The sales rep at the dealership told me that it was a special vehicle insurance package from MG
Quote:
From the naming convention, sounds like Bajaj Allianz is the back end insurance provider. The Elite, Premium naming conventions are similar to what VW uses with their insurance provided by Bajaj.

If that is the case, the Elite insurance plan-in the case of VW is the one with vehicle on road price reimbursement in case of total loss add on. This typically can be purchased only from the dealer and the same plan is not available if you approach them directly-Which could explain why the sales rep is telling it is a special package from MG.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 19:53   #1218
BHPian

I had made my booking for a DCT Petrol soon after the booking opened. Based on my conversation with the SA from the Kalyan Nagar branch this morning, the car is yet to be allotted to my booking. He did not give an eta although I tried pushing him for it. They apparently have instructions from the management to not give out dates yet.

Experience so Far
Customer experience has been good so far. The SA Mr. Girish is quick to respond to my questions over whatsapp and has kept me up to date so far on all the news from the launch, to the price, maintenance packages etc. First 2 times I went there, people have eagerly approached me to talk about the vehicle and arrange my TD. My request for a longer TD is still pending. Girish has let me know he will try to arrange for it within the next 2 weeks owing to the rush in the opening weeks.

Quality Perception
The vehicle seems well built. I test drove a red DCT sharp variant and the vehicle was in super clean condition. Probably coz I was the first one that day. No worn out mats or scrappy plastics as far as i could remember. The DCT definitely has the turbo lag but was happy to rev along once it picked up speed. I loved the light steering that helped me zig zag my way through the bangalore traffic. I did not get a chance to try higher speeds but I did touch 60 in a short stretch. Braking was good and felt sure. I did not try the voice commands much apart from the temperature setting. The door definitely felt super solid with an amazing thud sound to boot. I could not find if there was any hinge play as others have suggested. The door when on an even plane felt solid enough. But when i parked it on an angled incline at the end of my TD, I had to bring my left hand over to push the door to be able to open it. I don't know if that was coz of a tight hinge or if the doors were just plain heavy. The SA when quizzed on it quite obviously said it is because of heavy doors quickly highlighting that as a quality point.

2 good things to note
1. You do not have to say Hello MG to set AC through voice. Just saying 'Set temperature to 22' worked.
2. There is a USB on the IRVM to connect our dash cams. All manufacturers should seriously start providing this option.
GearHeadGarage is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 08:49   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If that is the case, the Elite insurance plan-in the case of VW is the one with vehicle on road price reimbursement in case of total loss add on. This typically can be purchased only from the dealer and the same plan is not available if you approach them directly-Which could explain why the sales rep is telling it is a special package from MG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_hyd View Post
Back to my original question then.
Guys, MG Shield also has the top of the line AMC package called Elite (refer the FAQ attachment on my last post), although the pricing in that one Vs what has been quoted to Vinod are quite different, so may be the dealer is stupidly using the same name for the insurance package and the call centre at MG may also be getting confused by this.

@Rajeevraj, I think the insurance plan that you are mentioning is a simple RTI (return to invoice) plan which is available with multiple insurers and not necessary to be bought alongside from the dealer. IMHO other than the dealer giving special discounts on insurance premium during the discounting period, I do not think they can have any restrictions on a type of insurance only being available through them. They will never have that level of say with a GIC in my opinion.

I again quote my conversation with my dealer and MG were clear that I will not be buying the insurance from the dealer unless the price is matched. Hope this helps.
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 09:41   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadGarage View Post
I had made my booking for a DCT Petrol soon after the booking opened. Based on my conversation with the SA from the Kalyan Nagar branch this morning, the car is yet to be allotted to my booking.
Congratulations on getting allotment to your booking.
If you do not mind sharing, what will the final on road price be.
Are they pushing you to take any accessories or insurance from them.

Hope you get your vehicle soon and write up an ownership review.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th July 2019, 10:33   #1221
Senior - BHPian

After I visited the MG showroom few days back and had a look at the vehicle, my suspicion about the Hector not being well put together unlike the other MG cars has been reinforced.
Design itself doesn't come across as cohesive. Perceived build quality/fit and finish is not consistent as some parts feel solid with superb finish (like the door handle from inside) but the soft touch padding on the dashboard feels cheap and flimsy (which will not last long).
Some observations I had:
Notice the uneven/wavy finish on the roof lining around the opening of the sunroof
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_134300.jpg
This soft touch padding feels as if you can poke it with your finger nail
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_160443.jpg
Finish and attention to details on the hatch mechanism is top class.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_160816.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_160825.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_160837.jpg
Someone had reported this earlier. Looks like something was stuck (seat belt? Child seat?) and it was forcefully removed. I forgot to ask them about it.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_160917.jpg
Bulge on the steering wheel leather wrapping is not a deliberate contour but a loose material sagging
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_161037.jpg
'Internet inside' badge is as loud as a 'Intercooler' decal one used to see on some SUVs. I would get it removed if I buy this car.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_161559.jpg
Notice the big gap where the hatch door meets the body. I think by trying to imitate the Q7 like hatch door (where the light cluster is part of the door), they have got in to unnecessary problem (like having to beef up the struts). This type is also less safe IMHO as the lights and blinkers are no more on the body when you open the hatch door.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_162748.jpg
Noticed that the shock and the springs are not together as you normally see in SUVs. It looks clean but will it be less effective? Experts can comment.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_163025.jpg
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190627_163120.jpg
Guna is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 14:17   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations on getting allotment to your booking.
If you do not mind sharing, what will the final on road price be.
Are they pushing you to take any accessories or insurance from them.

Hope you get your vehicle soon and write up an ownership review.

Thanks in advance.
I have not received my allotment yet. Still waiting for it. Yes, they did share the final on-road pricing. I think somebody earlier had already posted the pricing. Attaching the same here nonetheless. No push for the accessories. When asked about the insurance, I was asked to wait until I get an allotment so i can discuss these things with the right folks. The same response was given when asked about financing options.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-price-split-bangalore.png  

GearHeadGarage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 16:24   #1223
BHPian

I have some doubts regarding the remote vehicle control (through mobile app), and the internet connectivity of the car.
My doubts:
1. Sometimes when the network is weak, what if the remote command we sent from the app gets delivered late to the car? It may get executed at an unwanted time. Has MG addressed this type of problems ?

2. Can I switch off the internet connectivity of the car ?

The sales executive at MG motors Hyderabad simply diverted the topic when I asked the same questions. I have also sent an email to the MG Motors India, but MG did not answered my query.

My mail to MG on 26-June-2019:

Quote:

Dear MG Hector Personnel Team,

Today I went to MG showroom (Hyderabad) with an interest on the upcoming Hector (Petrol Automatic).

I had a doubt regarding the Remote operation feature. It has been said that the vehicle accepts the commands from the mobile app.

{The MG Hector accepts your commands from the iSMART Next Gen mobile app. You can remotely start the vehicle, switch on/switch off climate control, open and close sunroof, tailgate and door lock with just a few clicks.}

My Doubt: If I give a command remotely, say for opening the sunroof, and due to the weak network (or no network), if the command is not delivered to the car, and after a while when I am driving the car in a heavy rain, and suddenly my car comes in to the network zone, and if my previous command gets delivered to the car, and it opens the sunroof, It may land me into a big problem.

This may happen with many other remote commands.

I will be happy to know that this type of problems were addressed my MG.

One more thing I want to know --> Can I switch off the internet connectivity of the car? (Some times, it may be a security threat to the occupants of the car if it goes on sharing the car location to some unwanted persons (due to some software problem or some other problem).

Will be waiting for the response from the MG.

Thanks & Regards
On the same day I got the reply from MG:

Quote:

Greetings from Morris Garages (MG) India.

We acknowledge the receipt of your E-Mail at MG Pulse Hub.

We request you to note the reference number which is 41561 for all your future queries

Please feel free to contact us on 18001006464 between 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM or write to us at pulsehub@mgmotor.co.in for any further assistance and clarification.

Best Regards

On 05-July-2019, I got this mail from MG:

Quote:

Greetings from Morris Garages (MG) India.

We would like to inform you that your Enquiry has been processed and the registered Service Request No. 41561 has been closed.

We hope your concern has been resolved as per your satisfaction.

We request you to note the reference number which is 41561 for all your future queries.

We would love to hear more about your experience with the MG team. Kindly provide your valuable feedback by clicking on below.

Please Complete this Survey

Please feel free to contact us 24*7 on 18001006464 or write to us at pulsehub@mgmotor.co.in for any further assistance and clarification.

Best Regards,

MG PulseHub
I cannot understand how they have resolved my concern. Looks like automated mails. I feel that MG should concentrate more on customer care.

Last edited by vsun : 9th July 2019 at 16:48. Reason: typo
vsun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 16:47   #1224
BHPian

Also, on the similar lines, and the pretext that I have made the booking almost a month ago.

It is disheartening to share that the information flow from MG and the documentation being done on booking of the car is extremely poor. There are no structured information channels through which the information is being percolated to those who have booked the car. Pricing, MG shield.. et all.

One more thing which is of concern is : When i had made the booking, they (the dealer) had shared the provisional receipt on a simple paper acknowledging the receipt of money.

My expectation was to receive a small kit containing the brochure and a proper booking file containing a receipt which at-least mentions their GST number.

While booking i became adamant that I need a proper receipt and not provisional receipt as below - they were like - saar all the people have booked with the same receipt.

Continuing on being adamant with my demand if they wanted to secure a booking. I made them send me a receipt mentioning the GST number and all the terms over an email (Zero Cancellation, return of money timeline). They are still saying that they have to make the booking on MG net and for some reason the system is not working. This is a complete joke.

From what I have heard my sources, they have developed and implemented an end to end SAP solution right from dealer management to customer contact to inventory management called as MGnet (Incidentally, i am well known to the head of the company who had developed it for them in India). But why there is not even a single message form MG company on acknowledgement of my booking.

If someone is reading this from MG : please fix these issues. Poor communication channels to those who have made the bookings will result into loss in the conversion rate.

Feels really sad and disconnected this as the only document the dealer cared to handover
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mg-hector-tbhp.png
don_carmaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 17:00   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Noticed that the shock and the springs are not together as you normally see in SUVs. It looks clean but will it be less effective? Experts can comment.
Attachment 1891852
I forgot to mention something I noticed: As you can see in this picture, the struts are mounted very low and the height of the struts are short. Normally the struts would go all the way up and that is the reason you have some kind of intrusion in the boot area. I wonder if this is done to save cost or if this type is also common. But it would definitely have shorter travel and typically SUV/MUVs have longer suspension travel (which helps to absorb the bumpiness)
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 17:06   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Notice the big gap where the hatch door meets the body. I think by trying to imitate the Q7 like hatch door (where the light cluster is part of the door), they have got in to unnecessary problem (like having to beef up the struts). This type is also less safe IMHO as the lights and blinkers are no more on the body when you open the hatch door.
The rear fog lamps in the rear bumper will act as blinkers when the boot is opened and will flash like the indicators. This is a safety requirement for lights to be visible from behind even if the boot is opened. This was demoed in the initial launch.
deepjaju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 17:32   #1227
BHPian

- I've been speaking to my SA in Noida showroom and the breakup of ex showroom to on road price is as attached.
- 10k handling charges are ridiculous, I'm going to fight this out. Already he's giving lame excuses as "logistic charges" you can speak to my management once your car arrives etc. No way I'm going to pay this.

- Also I asked the SA to share some photos of the car's headlights on with illumination.

The Fogs seem useless, but the highbeam seems decent. Note: the visibility of the video is subpar, so please excuse.

Video - https://photos.app.goo.gl/aVjppjoGZRYxyvPP9
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-whatsapp-image-20190709-3.01.53-pm.jpeg  

dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 19:10   #1228
BHPian

Wanted to know the difference between smart and sharp. Have read the brochure which says that machine cut alloys and auto ac are a part of sharp. However the SA at MG Gurgaon told me that they are available even in smart variant. The display car also had it.

Any clues?
Old 10th July 2019, 08:55   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Also, on the similar lines, and the pretext that I have made the booking almost a month ago.

It is disheartening to share that the information flow from MG and the documentation being done on booking of the car is extremely poor. There are no structured information channels through which the information is being percolated to those who have booked the car. Pricing, MG shield.. et all.
I had the same issue albeit my booking was made online on the 4th. I have logically then filed complaints with MG and managed to connect with some senior people in their CC & Sales departments, whom I had also marked the same emails to.

Still there has been no written communication regarding my allocation or a booking receipt or the kit that has been provided. Although, after the complaint a lot of people had called (nearly 10+calls from both the dealer, flagship store and MG) and have assured me that they will let us know on allocations by 10th/11th. They were polite and explained that the bookings have been overwhelming and the production schedules are having to be reworked now according to the bookings (too many auto bookings). They have also communicated to me both orally and in writing that I will be delivered my car by mid-August or earlier.

Nevertheless I still believe they are underprepared and the dealers are ill-informed. MG needs to rectify this immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Wanted to know the difference between smart and sharp. Have read the brochure which says that machine cut alloys and auto ac are a part of sharp. However the SA at MG Gurgaon told me that they are available even in smart variant. The display car also had it.

Any clues?
As far as I remember the machine cut alloys are part of both smart and sharp however the auto ac is only available in sharp. There have been many posts in this thread detailing the differences where you can get the complete list though.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 11:52   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

There are no pictures or reviews of the Super variant anywhere. Although we know it would have silver trimmings rather than chrome ones and would have the cloth instead of the fake leather upholstery, no other details are available on how this would look.

Having booked a Black Diesel Super variant, was very curious to know how it would all look when these various elements came together. Played around with the on-line configurator to see if I can get a feel of it and viola! - there are some good visuals I was able to generate.

Glad to see that the silver trim works pretty well with black color and the interiors are not totally black, there is some light dual tone shade in parts of the seat and dash. Attaching some pictures below. All in all, I think Hector looks best in Black and the higher variants have too much chrome bling, while the silver accents in the Super variant achieves a better balance.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-cap-2.png  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-cap-5.png  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-cap-4.png  

Attached Images

84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks