Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2019, 10:24   #1966
BANNED

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
That doesn't look too good. But I haven't seen anyone on hector fan club and hector owners club on Facebook reporting such an issue. Maybe just a one off. Or another Hector bashing planted video.
Here's it, from the MG Hector Owners Group:
  1. Powered tailgate failure: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4172...tacmo&d=n&vh=i
  2. The frustrated owner even posted 1st service repair order slip/receipt(water leakage, dicky problem, and screen problem):

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-71116663_2616113131785901_1649551716959387648_n.jpg
Addition: The admins pulled down the video and the post showing service receipt, looks like MG (or its well-wishers) is/are actively taking good care to pull down all the negative content from the internet(is it part of marketing?). Luckily I didn't refresh my FB page and so had a chance to grab screenshot of the post, here's it:
Name:  Screenshot_20190928 MG Hector Owners Club.png
Views: 3070
Size:  239.2 KB

Last edited by wheelguy : 28th September 2019 at 10:43. Reason: Additions
wheelguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 10:39   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Here's it, from the MG Hector Owners Group:
  1. Powered tailgate failure: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4172...tacmo&d=n&vh=i
  2. The frustrated owner even posted 1st service repair order slip/receipt(water leakage, dicky problem, and screen problem):

Attachment 1918783
The link you posted for the Facebook group says that the post is unavailable. Hopefully the problem is fixed and is a one off.
Old 28th September 2019, 10:50   #1968
BANNED

Quote:
The link you posted for the Facebook group says that the post is unavailable. Hopefully the problem is fixed and is a one off.
Just checked that it was removed from the group. Looks like someone from MG Motors is controlling the page as all the negative posts are being pulled down. They must have appointed someone whose job is to brush things under the carpet!

Last edited by wheelguy : 28th September 2019 at 10:54.
Old 28th September 2019, 10:56   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Just checked that it was removed from the group. Looks like someone from MG Motors is controlling the page as all the negative posts are being pulled down!
There are plenty of other negative posts on the forum. Ranging from software issues to Tom Tom not responding to issues with Android auto. They haven't been pulled out.

There are posts with respect to breakdowns as well that's been panned by other users. A couple of them have been genuine where the car stopped suddenly due to the language being changed to Chinese etc. So some real issues too.

But most users are happy to report no major issues. I've asked a question about The sunroof and the tailgate reliability on the forum.. waiting for answers.
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 20:32   #1970
BHPian

Just back from the mg showroom.
1. Huge crowds, anticipating bookings to open up again.
2. I had called the mg call center and got confirmation that booking will open tomorrow.
3. Prices are upwardly revised. The DCT sharp Goes t0 21.5 lakhs in bangalore, from 20.94 lakhs
I have booked it but will reconsider in a few days if it's worth it.
4. No confirmation yet, on BS VI
realactivex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 23:33   #1971
BHPian

I have my delivery planned in a few days from now.. and I am one of those early guys who booked before the price launch.

What i am getting to hear is that if the price increases we would also have to pay the increased price.?

Isnt this just plain stupidity!? Shouldnt they honour the price that we booked the Car at?

I remember the CEO rajeev chaba at the price launch saying that we will honoir the same price to everyone who has hooked the car before the price launch for sure.

If I am made to pay higher even after waitign for 4 months.. i would like to skip my booking.

Anyone with updates on the above fiasco?
Old 29th September 2019, 00:15   #1972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
I have my delivery planned in a few days from now.. and I am one of those early guys who booked before the price launch.

What i am getting to hear is that if the price increases we would also have to pay the increased price.?

Isnt this just plain stupidity!? Shouldnt they honour the price that we booked the Car at?

I remember the CEO rajeev chaba at the price launch saying that we will honoir the same price to everyone who has hooked the car before the price launch for sure.

If I am made to pay higher even after waitign for 4 months.. i would like to skip my booking.

As far as I know, people who booked earlier as well as those who were priority waitlist customers who confirmed their bookings till today will enjoy the original prices.

All those who make new bookings, tomm onwards , will have to pay the revised prices, in case there is a revision.

In Delhi, diesel delivery schedule is between 8-12 weeks. The petrol and hybrid are 20-28 weeks. There is a high demand for Petrol DCT here, followed by the hybrid.

I should be getting my car in November hopefully.

Last edited by coolkurt : 29th September 2019 at 00:17.
Old 29th September 2019, 00:44   #1973
BHPian

First post on T-BHP.

I took a second test drive today of the petrol DCT. Was planning to do a tentative booking tomorrow. SA never spoke about any price increase. In fact she told me that although the tentative delivery date would be Jan 20 I may get the car much earlier Nov/Dec.

Also there have been a few discussions on this car in different areas and I have done my own research and heres my take on the issues.

Positives I found in the car:

1. Build quality seems robust from the sturdiness of the metal body and heaviness of doors etc.

2. I drove the DCT twice and it is a comfortable car to drive. Takes a while to upshift from low speeds but once it crosses 20 kmph the drive ia smooth. Seating position is great with great visibility. In the first shorter drive I had found steering to be too light but today when i drove for about 30-40 mins I found it adequately accurate and heavy at higher speeds.

3. Space. Size. Enough said.

Some issues.

1. Mileage - Big Petrol car. Auto box bound to be a guzzler. I checked Jeep Compass DCT mileage reviews and the city mileages reported are in Hector range 5-7. The car that I drove was showing a mileage of 4.1 kmpl for a trip of 130 kms. I asked the SA to which she had no concrete reply, but I am sure 4.1 may not be the norm.

2. Features. Yes. Too many features means too many potential faliure points. If quality is not top notch expect one or the other defect to surface in the market as we are already observing.

3. Unclear Warranty- The SA told me that the 5 year warranty only covers manufacturing defect and if the Clutch from the gearbox has a breakdown due to wear and tear it may not get covered.

There have been issues reported on the ICE but I found it ok for my usage.

Now some generic points:

Chinese Heritage and rebadged Baojun 530- Dont find anything wrong with it. Actually it may be good that it is a tested car which has already sold more than a lakh units in China in 2018 and 2019. Although one concern is that Baojun introduced a new CVT version of 530 and mostly discontinued the DCT in China. They have also launched the CVT only in Indonesia (Wuling Almaz) and for the Chevrolet Captiva.
Baojun is a value for money brand in China and not many people may know that the Baojun 510 (Creta Sized SUV 4.3m) holds the record for the most sold car 1 year after launch. It sold 4 lakh units in China 12 months after launch.

I was looking at MG Hector, Tata Harrier, KIA Seltos and Honda Civic but currently Hector seems the only option.

Tata Harrier - No auto. Showroom guy said auto may come only in Apr 2020.
Seltos - Seems a segment lower and lower space
Civic - Sigh!!! What a design. But top variant too expensive.
rkv_hunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 03:31   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
There are plenty of other negative posts on the forum. Ranging from software issues to Tom Tom not responding to issues with Android auto. They haven't been pulled out.

There are posts with respect to breakdowns as well that's been panned by other users. A couple of them have been genuine where the car stopped suddenly due to the language being changed to Chinese etc. So some real issues too.

But most users are happy to report no major issues. I've asked a question about The sunroof and the tailgate reliability on the forum.. waiting for answers.
Were this Tata people would have been dancing all over the roof. But MG gets.. oh happens
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 06:29   #1975
BHPian

Quote:

Isnt this just plain stupidity!?
The Sa told me that the prices are subject to change until invoiced.
So, since your purchase has not been invoiced yet, the pricing will be as of that day.
Even I am bothered that mg increased prices so soon without even sorting their niggles. I am angry, but not sure whether to cancel booking.
Old 29th September 2019, 07:15   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Were this Tata people would have been dancing all over the roof. But MG gets.. oh happens
Maybe because MG people get to dance on the sunroof
Jokes apart, maybe it's just that Tata has been around for a while , they've had their chance to get their house in order. The market is forgiving to a newcomer, especially if they have a USP, for the initial few months atleast.

I spoke to owners who had come in for the first service. They were pretty happy with the car, especially the mileage. Both of them quoted a city mileage of 13.5-14 kmpl on the mid for the Diesel, which even after assuming an error, is decent for a vehicle this heavy. Kudos to the Fiat Engine.

Their complaints:

1. Apple car play doesn't work. MG is taking too much time to update. They also couldn't figure out the Ota update and hence wanted to get the software updated at the ASS.

2. Under thigh support is lacking at the back.

3. Hello MG voice commands don't work all the time. It needs a reboot at times. The touchscreen is still laggy, even after the update( MG really needs to fix this!)

4. The 360 degree camera response times has been improved. Earlier it was too laggy. The quality remains the same though. Average.

5. The low beams are decent but not bright enough. Coupled with the fog lamps are okay though.

Bookings for priority customers ended yesterday. MG might reopen bookings for everyone today, albeit with a slight price hike.

Their strategy is a bit questionable here. Why hike the price now and then hike it further post BS6?
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 09:23   #1977
BHPian

Prices revised post 25th Sept in MG website.
Separate pricing for Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-8c4922a7712b40ada9b8b75bf3541c17.jpeg  

DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 10:21   #1978
BHPian

Finally MG is doing the M&M XUV 500 way of creating an artificial shortage, making customers desperate and reopening bookings with a price hike

https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-p...-12325522.html
Old 29th September 2019, 10:27   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Finally MG is doing the M&M XUV 500 way of creating an artificial shortage, making customers desperate and reopening bookings with a price hike

https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-p...-12325522.html
Yes. There is a 2.5% price hike apparently.

Quote:
MG Motor India has re-opened bookings for the Hector compact SUV, the company has announced. The bookings will be open for a limited period and is a result of the automaker commencing the second shift at its Halol facility in Gujarat to boost production from November this year. In addition to the re-opening its order books, Morris Garages also announced a 2.5 per cent (depending on the variant) price hike on the Hector that will be effective for the new lot of customers, while the first lot of customers that are yet to receive deliveries will remain protected from the price increase.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 10:44   #1980
BHPian

Quote:

I am extremely glad that sensibility and common sense has prevailed

They are protecting the price of the ones who 'trusted' their brand in the initial days.

The price has been increase by 2.5 % per variant (approx). Yesterday i had the oppurtunity to test drive the DCT auto for a good 70 Kms... will share ny review shortly. The car I tested had approx 4.5 k on the ODO and had very different behaviour than the brand new test drive vehicles.

Cheers
Sahil
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks