Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 09:37   #2071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

MG Motor India receives 8,000 NEW bookings

Quote:
MG Motor India, which late last month announced reopening of the bookings, said on Thursday it has already seen as many as 8,000 fresh bookings in the last 8-9 days.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th October 2019 at 09:39.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 09:59   #2072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Yes. This particular lady called me out when I was posting about the low mileage of the DCT as compared to the Diesel. She's clearly an influencer but a very pathetic one to be honest. The language, the grammar and the points that she put across, it made for an entertaining read

I'm sure people are smart enough to differentiate between authentic owners and such influencers.

Incredible. This sort of thing is so unethical. Authoritarian regimes use such tactics to supress the truth and manipulate public opinion, but I am surprised companies are doing this too, in such brazen ways.

Hope these types of "influenzers" don't try to inflitatre team-bhp. I am glad we have a rigourous proccess for testing and admitting new members.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th October 2019 at 10:01.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 12:36   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hope these types of "influenzers" don't try to inflitatre team-bhp. I am glad we have a rigourous proccess for testing and admitting new members.
It's a trend that's fast catching up. Especially since it's very easy to influence people nowadays, with people ready to believe everything they read on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
MG Motor India receives 8,000 NEW bookings
The numbers are pretty impressive, especially considering that the production capacity is still around 3000 units.

I've also heard reports that the bookings aren't as high as they could be because a lot of people like to buy cars during Diwali/ Dhanteras and the long waiting period is a put off.

On the flip side, a lot of people are willing to wait for the Hector since the low production capacity has created sort of an exclusivity, something that people love.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 12:40   #2074
BANNED

MG Motor to ramp up production by 50%.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...by-50/71536306
Old 11th October 2019, 12:58   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
MG Motor to ramp up production by 50%.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...by-50/71536306
This had already been announced a month back. 3000 units won't do much to reduce the ever increasing bookings backlog. From October, they might be able to push 3-3,500 Hectors. Rajeev Chaba had said they'll look into capacity augmentation in December, during the EV launch phase, if the demand goes on increasing.
Old 11th October 2019, 15:30   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Is there any provision to remove the red reflector strip between the taillamps. The only shade in which the reflector looks good is black, on others I didn't like.
Old 11th October 2019, 16:02   #2077
Senior - BHPian

I've got confirmation regarding the DCT clutch that's been a point of discussion of late, especially w.r.t the Hector and Seltos.

The MG Hector has a wet clutch DCT. Generally, a wet clutch will have a longer life and will take more abuse.
It'll not suffer the excessive heating issues that dry clutch DCT's are plagued with at times ( There's discussion about the dry clutch heating issues on the Hyundai Venue thread).

Also, confirmed that in the MG Shield plan - 5 Yrs/50k kms for Petrol and 5 yrs/75k for Diesel , the number of services covered are 7.

You can get it removed by the dealer but I'm sure it'll leave its mark on the paintwork underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Is there any provision to remove the red reflector strip between the taillamps. The only shade in which the reflector looks good is black, on others I didn't like.

Last edited by coolkurt : 11th October 2019 at 16:04. Reason: Added info
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 20:28   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Get it wrapped. Either wrap it Matt black, chrome or in body color.
AirbusCapt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 05:24   #2079
Senior - BHPian

You've got to hand it over to MG India. This is reminiscent of Hyundai's initial days with the Santro. To create such a market in the upper-middle segment of the consumer class is difficult, something that established manufacturers haven't tried or been successful at in such a short span of time. Heck, even Maruti couldn't get their Kizashi or S-Cross 1.6 going in any decent manner ! Hopefully the MG products will live up to the expectations. Looking forward to the MG EZS. Looks promising, and the Hector's success will certainly help there.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 09:59   #2080
BHPian

Where can i download the pdf version of the hector's owner's manual? I couldnt find a copy either in MGs website, or on the internet.
Old 12th October 2019, 15:02   #2081
Senior - BHPian

MG is cutting back on Diesel car production to reduce the waiting time of the DCT and Hybrid, now that they are adequately geared up to meet the requirements of the latter.

As far as Delhi is concerned, the diesel bookings made in June/July should be met by Diwali/mid Nov. The DCT / Hybrid backlog will only be cleared by January. However, those who booked a Diesel in September may have to wait a little bit longer than usual.

Another thing I've noticed. I was in Bangalore last week and just hopped into one of the showrooms. The updated pricelist isn't available yet. They had the old pricelist as a reference. Same is the case with the showrooms in NCR. Prodding further led to some unsure replies.

My 2 cents: There is a diktat from above not to show the updated pricing to a new walk in customer. Or more importantly, to a customer in waiting, for the fear of cancellations.

MG hasn't really clarified who all will have to cough up according to new prices, besides a small notification on their website. The average buyer doesn't really know that the car is billed when it's despatched from the factory and the price prevailing on that day will be taken as reference, not the prices on the date of booking.

Last edited by coolkurt : 12th October 2019 at 15:08.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 01:04   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Evaluating production schedules for BSVI Hector: MG Motor India

Quote:
Gupta said the second shift would grow the carmaker’s monthly manufacturing capacity from 2,500 units to up to 3,500 units. Although MG Motor says that the average waiting period is 3-4 months, the company-claimed numbers suggest otherwise.

The carmaker, which claims to be working to localize the Hector up to 75%, has been struggling to procure critical components that are imported from its global suppliers. Although MG Motor remains tightlipped on the matter, sources have suggested that the suppliers could not ramp up parts supplies in tandem with the initial booking numbers conveyed by the carmaker, thereby leading to serious supply chain issues.

“We have been talking to the suppliers in the backend because they have to increase their supplies. Some of our suppliers are global as some of them are based in Europe. Even as they expand their operations, this has to be supported with hiring of new workforce on ground for training. Once we got that clarity and assurance that we will be able to expand on time, we reopened bookings again," clarified Gupta.
The issues would be pertaining to the hybrid. Which is why very few hybrid numbers have been sold. Diesel production will now be throttled a bit to accomodate the backlog of DCT and Hybrid although i think by November, most of the Diesel buyers who booked in June would have got their cars.

Source

Also, the final episode of Season 1 - World of MG : Homecoming is out.

Loved the mini webisodes. Should get them some numbers

Note: Mods you can merge my post with the one above if required. Thank you.
Old 13th October 2019, 08:28   #2083
Senior - BHPian

So my best friend and buddy finally bit the bullet and booked a MG Hector. He is one of the 8000 who booked when the window was reopened. Expects the prices to leap over a lakh and half, post April, so he felt that this is the best time to do it. There is no commitment on exact delivery date, he mentioned.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 08:53   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Expects the prices to leap over a lakh and half, post April, so he felt that this is the best time to do it. There is no commitment on exact delivery date, he mentioned.
I was among the first ones to book when the bookings reopened, solely due to the same. Prices will increase by 5-10% across variants once BS6 comes into play. I think MG will start BS6 production by Feb.

I've booked a diesel sharp and the dealer has promised delivery in 6 weeks, which I doubt. I'm assuming it'll be more like 12 weeks. So Dec end / jan.
Old 13th October 2019, 08:58   #2085
Senior - BHPian

My friend wants a Jan delivery, so it can sport the 2020. Resale will be better, he reckons. But this is the best time to buy a vehicle, he feels. BS6 is just another ruse to jack up prices (His opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've booked a diesel sharp and the dealer has promised delivery in 6 weeks, which I doubt. I'm assuming it'll be more like 12 weeks. So Dec end / jan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed