Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 11:52   #76
DVK
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020

While these pictures may not be of the Creta rival from Maruti, It is indeed being developed, albeit being delayed due to Covid and its subsequent fallout.
From what I gather:
  1. This will in all probability be a proper hybrid from Toyota rather than the marketing gimmick that the SVHS system is.
  2. It is currently in it's second phase of development internally and there are no test mules out on the road yet.
  3. The launch is expected to be around next Diwali, but may be pushed out further based on how situation unravels itself.
DVK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:15   #77
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
While these pictures may not be of the Creta rival from Maruti, It is indeed being developed, albeit being delayed due to Covid and its subsequent fallout.
From what I gather:
  1. This will in all probability be a proper hybrid from Toyota rather than the marketing gimmick that the SVHS system is.
  2. It is currently in it's second phase of development internally and there are no test mules out on the road yet.
  3. The launch is expected to be around next Diwali, but may be pushed out further based on how situation unravels itself.
While I won't ask what your source is, would you suggest someone to wait for this model based on this info? I am currently hunting for a CSUV and no other car is fitting my criteria completely. The hybrid powertrain thing is very tempting and I am thinking of waiting for another year for the Toyota CSUV. What would you recommend?
Old 1st November 2021, 14:41   #78
DVK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
While I won't ask what your source is, would you suggest someone to wait for this model based on this info? I am currently hunting for a CSUV and no other car is fitting my criteria completely. The hybrid powertrain thing is very tempting and I am thinking of waiting for another year for the Toyota CSUV. What would you recommend?
Personally, I am choosing to wait it out too. I have been on the lookout for a decent S-Cross replacement since quite some time now. If you have another car as of today, it is best to wait until you really need something new. As is, the prices are on an increasing trajectory, the used car prices would follow the same trend anyway. So I don't think you will end up loosing a lot in this exercise.

That said, if this does not fit the bill, there may be other cars which are readily available by then anyways. Going by the waiting periods being quoted in the different forums, a minimum waiting of 4 months across models seems to be the norm today.

I too am hoping Suzuki will get this one right. All will depend on what shape the European S-Cross takes. There are a lot of Ifs and Buts though as I have no news about build quality or feature lists being planned for India.
DVK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 09:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Maruti-Toyota building new SUV with ‘5 star NCAP crash safety rating

Quote:
We know that Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are working on a new SUV. According to ET Now’s sources, Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are developing the new SUV to have a 5-star NCAP crash test rating. The largest manufacturer of India is doing this because Tata Motors and Mahindra who are already well established in this segment have cars that have a 4 or 5-star rating. The new SUV will have connected car technology as well. We are expecting the new SUV to launch sometime in 2022 or 2023.
Name:  newmarutisuv.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  92.1 KB
Image credit source

Source
sumeethaldankar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 09:45   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[list=1] This will in all probability be a proper hybrid from Toyota rather than the marketing gimmick that the SVHS system is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
and I am thinking of waiting for another year for the Toyota CSUV. What would you recommend?
Quote:
Personally, I am choosing to wait it out too.
Hope it has a proper hybrid version. Toyota has all but abandoned small diesels globally, but they do offer hybrids in everything. Maruti has stupidly decided not to upgrade the 1.5l ddis to BS6.

They should ideally launch a proper hybrid to make up for the lack of diesel. An NA petrol and turbo petrol options, with both manual and automatic tranmissions should cover up the the price factor, as the hybrid is no doubt going to be expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
In the present scenario, would be a stupid statement to make, but if Maruti catches up in the 'safety' department, Tata is going to lose more than Mahindra does. Only way for Tata to have an USP then, would be affordable BEVs under 10 lakhs.

Last edited by DicKy : 6th November 2021 at 09:49.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 09:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Did mr.Bhargava agree with this? He was of the firm belief that poor Indians do not need safe cars.

Nonetheless good move when it does actually materialize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Attachment 2227733
Image credit source

Source
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 14:28   #82
BHPian

Looks like the spy shots of the new Suzuki SUV.
Attached a few screenshots here of the reel uploaded by automotive media Instagram page.
Instagram reel link: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWFok...dium=copy_link

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-9ff90a9e6cdf4904bad9526d1efa5a76.jpeg

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-465ca6d465804ae09a82d96af884cb7e.jpeg

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-a235c9e212234528ae6e88989415597c.jpeg

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 12th November 2021 at 14:30.
Sahilrai166 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:33   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's JV with Toyota on the mid sized SUV will likely get the HYBRID from Toyota. The powertrain would come first on the Global Vitara.

Quote:
The heart of the new Hybrid is a 24kW electric motor that not only supports the new 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine with 75 kW (102bhp) at acceleration, but can also power the SUV on its own. System power is 85 kW (116KS).
Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:10   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti, Toyota to launch Creta rivalling midsize SUVs in 2022.

The twin midsize SUVs should be launched just in time for the festive season this year. (Sept./Oct-22)

Maruti, Toyota midsize SUVs coming this Diwali

Both models will be built by Toyota in Karnataka

Expected to come with strong hybrid petrol engine ( 1.5L + elect. motor?)

These will be all-new models from the ground up, built on a Daihatsu-sourced modular platform called DNGA.

Maruti's SUV could get the VITARA moniker.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki YFG and Toyota D22 to come with competitive equipment lists that will likely include LED head and tail-lights, a sunroof, a large touchscreen infotainment system, wireless phone charging and possibly even e-SIM-based connected car tech.
Strong Hybrid:

Quote:
This essentially means that with enough charge in their battery, the SUVs will be able to run on electric power alone for short bursts, which should give them a huge advantage on fuel economy, in city driving especially, and make them a unique prospect in the segment.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th January 2022 at 12:30.
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 18:18   #85
BHPian

Although late to the party, they are more than welcome. The more the merrier. I really wish they have taken care of safety aspect and packaging. A good variant line-up always sells. Ask Kia about it, The base Seltos/Creta are very VFM and are a solid pick over C-SUV top variants. Intresting to see the nomenclature of these. Grand Vitara?
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 18:20   #86
BHPian

I just hope, just hope that this "new SUV" is not the 2022 updated Scross being launched as a Creta competitor. With the new makeover, which according to me is trying to make the cross over look more SUVish, I am doubtfull if a new product will be introduced instead of pitting the Scross (or whatever they might call it now) against Creta / Seltos and others in the segment.
Old 13th January 2022, 19:29   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I just hope, just hope that this "new SUV" is not the 2022 updated Scross being launched as a Creta competitor. With the new makeover, which according to me is trying to make the cross over look more SUVish, I am doubtfull if a new product will be introduced instead of pitting the Scross (or whatever they might call it now) against Creta / Seltos and others in the segment.
I would honestly not mind the 2022 S-Cross being pitted against the likes of the Creta. It's a good product, has good engines and now looks better than before so I see no reason to diss it.
tanbeamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 20:07   #88
BHPian

Hybrid can probably solve the no-diesel option problem. Hope they have a non hybrid version also for people with low usage.
Old 13th January 2022, 20:31   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Hybrid can probably solve the no-diesel option problem. Hope they have a non hybrid version also for people with low usage.
In international markets, Suzuki is launching the strong hybrid Vitara which can run in pure electric mode and is fully developed by Suzuki, along with a 6-speed AMT having an electric "filler" technique that will eradicate the jerks. If it is good enough and if they can bring it here, it will solve Suzuki's diesel and "automatic" problems and also can keep the cost low.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th January 2022 at 20:35.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 20:46   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
It’s a new vehicle grounds-up and not a S-Cross, that’s confirmed. Toyota will make it in their plant in which the Camry is assembled.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks