Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 16:33   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Meanwhile some truth is roaming out there...

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-64a46f3abcf64201addaeeec4ae02a5e.jpeg

That said, these no change policy of VW gives a feel good factor for old VW users like me. I still don’t think my 7 year Vento is outdated. Looks more or less the same like brand new models

Last edited by dhanushs : 9th September 2019 at 16:35.
dhanushs is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 17:11   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

That said, these no change policy of VW gives a feel good factor for old VW users like me. I still don’t think my 7 year Vento is outdated. Looks more or less the same like brand new models
One more!

Auto Pundits: How do you ensure great after sales support for a flop car?

VW: Keep selling the flop car for 10 years. The market will have enough volume of cars to ensure parts availability. Also all FNGs will get time to get trained by hands-on repair over the 10 year period. Labour and parts, both problems solved.
2000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 10:24   #198
Senior - BHPian

I’m surprised VW as a parent company is failing to its brim in our market whilst their sister companies like Skoda are excelling and are providing good updates over the years with Octavia, Fabia is up for a “pure” facelift sometime next year and are coming out with new cars that are drawing people’s attention.

What’s actually wrong with VW? Do they lack expertise in the engineering department / have they taken a massive hit with dieselgate scam wherein they’re still recuperating from hefty fines that is leading to cap their limit to actually facelift their current line up? I’m amazed to see them plonking GTI type front bumper on these models.

Few manufacturers need tuitions to understand the real term of “facelift”
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:43   #199
BHPian

I can't believe that top variant of Polo is touching almost 10 L and Vento top variant is at 14.5 L. This is ridiculous to say the least. I don't know who'll pay this. for around 10 L, I can get any entry/mid variant of any C2 segment sedan or pseudo SUV and for 14.5 L, I can XUV 500 W7 variant.

With these kind of cosmetic facelifts, VW India is just trying to be relevant in the market. With no exciting new launches coming soon, I think they are in Ventillator.
VJ05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 01:25   #200
BHPian

So VW called my friend yesterday who has a 5 year old GT TSI and said:

"Sir, VW has launched the new Polo with a lot of changes. I have emailed you the pictures, are you ready to upgrade your old GT TSI for a new one?"

My friend's reaction to hearing the salesman and seeing the email:
Attached Thumbnails
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-img_20190923_012406.jpg  

Last edited by Starfire : 23rd September 2019 at 01:27.
Starfire is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 07:00   #201
BHPian

Its high time VW gets the next generation of the Polo and Vento.

I personally like the subtle touches of the GTI grille on the Polo, but that's about it. There is otherwise nothing really new in this.

The GT TSI is a stonker of an engine and the only petrol that is the right pick in the Polo. The dead and anemic 1.0 isn't even worth the consideration and I don't understand the "introductory prices" here.

The Polo has gotten expensive over time and yes, the GT TSI is now 11.75L OTR in Bangalore!

This facelift could have made use of 4 or 6 airbags as a differentiating feature over the previous versions and would have made a great value proposition then.

The interior especially has started to look long in the tooth.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd September 2019 at 08:01. Reason: Spacing fr improved readability
advenk999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 21:57   #202
BHPian

Looking at the pictures, the polo looks to be lower than the earlier model. How does this impact the ground clearance? I have never had any troubles with the current model.

Mods: If this is already discussed, please remove this post.
Old 23rd September 2019, 23:22   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
I can't believe that top variant of Polo is touching almost 10 L and Vento top variant is at 14.5 L. This is ridiculous to say the least. I don't know who'll pay this. for around 10 L
The top end Polo has imported engine as well as gearbox (7 speed DSG automatic). It's actually a bargain at this price. Please take a test drive of Polo GT TSI or Vento TSI.

I can go into details, but https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...edit-sold.html (Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!) exolains it much better than I could.
Old 30th September 2019, 15:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

One clarifying question - What is the difference between Vento Highline Plus and GT line? Looks like the prices are same. So, the cosmetic addons of GT line are free?
Old 25th October 2019, 19:35   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkwagen begins tests of its BS6 compliant Vento and Polo. Ameo is missing, likely to be axed?

Likely to be the 1.0L TSI engines. No diesels in this segment from group, for India.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-1.png

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-2.png

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-3.png

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-4.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 23:45   #206
BHPian

Hi guys, going to buy another polo GT TSI, Need some input on the same.

- Polo GT TSI available in Silver, Toffee Brown and Grey color anywhere at present? As per SA except these 3 colors all other colors are available in TSI with a booking period of 2 months and White can be arranged in a month.

- Planning to upgrade the headlight with Vento Highline Plus LED one, which is bit expensive. But dealer is not ready to provide. Is there any other dealership who can help me with?

The part no. and original part price has been shared by an executive as attached.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-img20191026wa0024.jpg

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-img20191026wa0025.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:46. Reason: Post fixed. Please proof-read before posting. Thanks!
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 23:52   #207
anb
BHPian

TSI is available in grey. A friend recently took the delivery of grey TSI from Cochin. GT doesn't come in brown or silver. You can buy led lights from Vagtune Or German dna. But it will be very expensive.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 11:51   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento BS6 Petrol on test,

Quote:
The 'petrol' inscription over the fuel filler cap makes us think that this is the BSVI iteration of the Vento's petrol motor.
The petrol-only Vento is expected to continue until 2021.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-volkswagenventobsvipetroloverdrive1.jpg

Link
Old 11th November 2019, 13:45   #209

I'm looking to replace my 9 year old Punto 1.4 and was looking at the GT TSI and the Ameo DSG as possible candidates. Does it make sense to buy either of these at this time? I'm mainly concerned about the Ameo DSG given the BS6 regulations.
Also is it wise to invest in a non BS6 diesel in general?
Old 11th November 2019, 16:05   #210
Senior - BHPian

It has come to a point where VW really does not care anymore. And this is the same line of thinking that players like Honda, Toyota and Ford has taken in India.

They have been in the Indian market for 20-25 years and have honestly had not much to show for it. Compared to the sales analysis and forecasts that these companies have done in India, their Indian sales are mere percentage or two compared to their global sales.

Globally, they are all staring at 10s of billions of dollars each to re-tool their factories, make new ones, restructure their entire businesses to prepare for electrification. In Germany itself, the VAG group is re-tooling upto 3 plants, and another 2 in Europe, 1 in America, 2 in China and along the way, building 2-3 new ones.

In between this, all of their board of directors are probably taking a look at the Indian business and are wondering if it is better to just forget about it. Average purchase costs in India are too low necessating custom development which needs to be even cheaper than their LATAM or SE Asian models.

Even if you do all that, in the next 10 years the Indian auto industry if it grows at 10% CAGR (which I highly doubt it will), sales will hit 6.5-7 million by 2030. Anyone who is not a Maruti or a Hyundai can at best aim for a 5% market share, and this is a big improvement from the 1% which VW holds. That is an incremental growth which these OEMs can squeeze out of other markets + value growth. India is not looking like the land of endless oppurtunity anymore.

So I don't think VW is worried about India. They are next planning to import CBU T-Rocs in India? What a joke. Their best bet is the small crossover that Skoda wants to sell but considering the number of times they have spoken about a 'New Vision' and restructuring, future plans I have my doubts of their success and commitment.

India is a difficult market unfortunately. VW, GM, Ford and Nissan get away with selling outdated stuff anywhere outside their home markets, but it does not work like that in India. For eg, Nissan Sunny is the best selling car in Mexico, and Hyundai sells this old HB20 in Brazil which will never work in India. You have to show commitment, bring in the absolute latest, bring in something unique and be prepared with deep pockets.

Last edited by avishar : 11th November 2019 at 16:07.
avishar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks