Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2019, 10:00   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Thanks to Vivek Venkataraman for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I have booked a Hyundai Venue SX 1.0 in Denim Blue and I am waiting for delivery. Unfortunately, I need to wait for 3 more weeks as only a few variants STA approval has been received. As I have made full payment, I was asked by the manager if I am ready to take 1.4 CRDI SX / 1.0 SX Dual tone, which I politely denied.

There are 13 variants of the Venue, of which approvals for only 8 variants have been received. So people who have booked unapproved variants have to wait for a couple of weeks.

Below are the STA approved variants in Tamil Nadu:
VENUE 1.0 TURBO GDI MT SX (O)
VENUE 1.0 TURBO GDI DCT SX+
VENUE 1.0 TURBO GDI DCT S
VENUE 1.0 TURBO GDI MT SX DUAL TONE
VENUE 1.4 CRDI MT S
VENUE 1.4 CRDI MT SX
VENUE 1.4 CRDI MT SX DUAL TONE
VENUE 1.4 CRDI MT SX (O)

Below are the variants for which STA approval is expected in a couple of weeks:
VENUE 1.0 TURBO GDI MT SX
VENUE 1.0 TURBO GDI MT S
VENUE 1.2 E
VENUE 1.2 S
VENUE 1.4 CRDI MT E

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2019 at 12:09. Reason: typo
ChiragM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 11:14   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Nexon's's looks are polarizing, and there are fit and finish and switchgear issues
Looks agree, but just want to know on what basis you make this statement regarding fit/finish & switch gear? I'm saying this because I own Nexon and haven't seen or experienced any such thing.
And am not a Tata fanboy defending the company, it's my first Tata and my family history so far has all been Maruti/Ford!

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2019 at 08:20. Reason: Please do NOT be rude on this forum
asethi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 11:43   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Well yes, Venue is quite cosy in terms of space and the black interiors don't help either. (least they could have removed the suffocating plastic in the display car)

Attachment 1882581

Headroom is adequate on all seats, but there is a general sense of getting squeezed, width and length wise.. Found the sunroof to be a laughable 1 foot wide aperture and the final put off was the lack of rear wipers which my 10 yr old i10 has! The drive is on the firmer side and lacks the sure footed'ness of a SUV.

So, there goes my booking, cancelled it for want of better bang for buck & space.

With Grandi10 having 95k discount this month, i feel Venue too is going to be a tuff sell, once the initial hype goes down.

Attachment 1882582

All in all, a Good car for young owners not having the responsibility of ferrying a hefty family.

Next wait begins for Kia...

The lack of rear wiper, 60/40 seats (even the Bajaj Qute has 60/40 seats), 6 airbags on the DCT is making me stay away from the Venue .. the sunroof is unnecessary IMHO .. same story on the Creta .. I hope Hyundai listens
kimmig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 11:49   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Looks agree, but just want to know on what basis you make this statement regarding fit/finish & switch gear
I agree I went by here-say on team-bhp and other reviews on youtube. I did test-drive the vehicle, and didn't feel comfortable with the AMT gearbox (after driving CVTs, slushes and DCTs). Also, haven't had much encouragement from family to overlook the styling of the vehicle. I might actually reconsider and ask for another TD based on your opinion, but even otherwise, I'm glad you love and vouch for your Nexon and I hope you have loads of fun for years to come driving it.

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2019 at 08:20. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
saisrujan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 14:28   #680
BHPian

Jut came back from checking out VENUE and I agree with most of the observations: the car is CRAMPED from inside. My Aspire has far better space management. I couldn't bring myself to spend 1 million rupees on VENUE due to this single reason. Sales associate quoted 3-4 months for the delivery irrespective of the engine or variant.

I am sharing some perspective on CSUV scenario and may be it can be helpful for prospective buyers.

Petrol : Venue (1 Lt turbo GDI)> Ecosport> XUV300> Nexon
Diesel : XUV300> Ecosport> Nexon> Venue> Brezza
Space Management (including boot space): Nexon> Brezza> XUV300> Ecosport> Venue
Reliability (ASS support) : Brezza> Venue> Ecosport> Nexon> XUV300
Sheer Driving Pleasure + Performance: XUV 300> Ecosport> Nexon> Venue> Brezza
Most Bang for the Buck: Nexon> Brezza> Ecosport> Venue> XUV 300

Would request fellow BHP-ians to add more comparison points in case I've missed any.

* Kindly note that these are my personal opinion and observation and are not intended to offend anyone.
IshWish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 14:39   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
I agree I went by here-say on team-bhp and other reviews on Youtube. I did test-drive the vehicle, and didn't feel comfortable with the AMT gearbox (after driving CVTs, slushes and DCTs). Also, haven't had much encouragement from family to overlook the styling of the vehicle. I might actually reconsider and ask for another TD based on your opinion, but even otherwise, I'm glad you love and vouch for your Nexon and I hope you have loads of fun for years to come driving it.
AMT won't match upto performance of CVT/TC/DSG/DCT, but that's also reflected in the cost of the car. It's approx 2 lakh difference on road price if you compare.
Choosing a transmission is all personal choice based on convenience & budget.
asethi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 14:49   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
I am sharing some perspective on CSUV scenario and may be it can be helpful for prospective buyers.
Well I agree with most of your points.

Here are some from my side;

Features : XUV300 > Venue > Ecosport > Nexon > Brezza

Resale Value : Brezza > Venue > XUV300 > Ecosport > Nexon
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 17:30   #683

The rear space in the Venue has been one of the most talked about/criticized points; this video gives an impression to the contrary. You can see it from 7:50 onwards.
PieBull76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 21:06   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post

* Kindly note that these are my personal opinion and observation and are not intended to offend anyone.
I am sorry this does not make sense to me though I understand it is your personal opinion.

I doubt it will be helpful to prospective buyers since the ratings and order cannot be generic and will need to be weighted based on one's own preferences.

Quote:
Diesel : XUV300> Ecosport> Nexon> Venue> Brezza
As an example, XUV300 has a show stopper for me and hence is last in the order for me. How is Ecosport better than Nexon overall with its smaller engine and no AMT? Very subjective, isn't it?

No offense taken or meant.
Glass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 06:55   #685
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's new offering Venue has surpassed EcoSport, XUV300 and Nexon for the month of May 2019 with over 17000 booking and over 7000 vehicles delivered to customers.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...-in-may/432697
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 07:36   #686
Senior - BHPian

I am assuming Venue must also have eaten some from i20's pie of sales. With the current trend of buyers preferring a car with higher ground clearance, Venue is a proper alternative to H-fans who want an i20.
Old 8th June 2019, 08:22   #687

Rear Wiper/Washer

In Hyundai Venue, the rear view camera can be switched on while driving forward too, right? This can be the reason for removing Rear Wiper/Washer feature by Hyundai.

New Venue owners, what do you think?
Old 8th June 2019, 08:47   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzFx View Post
Rear Wiper/Washer

In Hyundai Venue, the rear view camera can be switched on while driving forward too, right? This can be the reason for removing Rear Wiper/Washer feature by Hyundai.

I am not a Venue owner, but responding always. My experience has been that when it rains, the rear view camera loses clarity because of a drop of water on the lens. It probably depends on the placement of the lens and how well it is protected from rain, but it's never going to be fail safe.

What's more useful is a blind-spot camera on the passenger side ORVM. Honda HR-V in the US had it and I found it very useful. Well, if wishes were horses...
Old 8th June 2019, 08:53   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzFx View Post
Rear Wiper/Washer

Yes, camera can be turned on while driving forward. But I don't think that's got anything to do with the omission of rear wiper. Hyundai has done this in the past - They mess with the feature list. Our Gi10 has got the rear defogger but no rear wiper.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 09:59   #690
BANNED

Isn't possible to add the rear wiper and washer as there would be provision for the same? I mean with some effort can't one do that?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks