Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 12:02   #541
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
I took test drives and agree with all your observations on the Venue, especially the ones quoted above, which led to my booking it. Have you booked yours yet?
Booking mine this week after one last test drive of the Ecosport. I don't expect to change my mind because I love the turbo petrol plus dual clutch combination in my Vento TSI. I doubt a natural aspirated engine with a torque convertor will come close.

Last edited by manson : 28th May 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 12:05   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Venu & Brezza posing together.
<SNIP> From most of the angles it rather seems to have more presence than the brezza.
I feel the images are distorted to make Venue look bigger than the Brezza.
If you look at the image here (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs), you'll get the perspective.
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 12:16   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
I feel the images are distorted to make Venue look bigger than the Brezza.
If you look at the image here (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs), you'll get the perspective.
In this image it looks smaller, smaller than i20.
Old 28th May 2019, 14:11   #544
BHPian

Just got back from Trident Hyundai - ORR- Bangalore. where the 1.0 manual was brought for me to drive after a good insistence.

One word to define, wonderful driving experience. Imagine JTP without the vibrations, harshness and slightly higher seating. That is the 1.0 Turbo Manual in short.

It pulls Considerably & Comfortably from 1.2-1.5K rpms until redline!
Unfortunately or fortunately was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for a Km or so from the Flyover until U-Turn (Guys in this location knows this). This is where the Venue was much better than the auto or the JTP, no jerks like JTP, nor minor hesitation like DCT.

On an empty road, manual gives more control thus brings out the hooligan inside you.. enough said.

Last edited by manson : 28th May 2019 at 14:24. Reason: Typos.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 14:25   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue Media drive in Guwahati,

Quote:
The new 1.0 litre turbo-petrol engine is made in India . And apparently 53% of bookings are for this engine!
Turbo petrol motor doesn’t have same urgency as GT TSI, doesn’t give you the kick when it comes on boost (which fuels the enthusiast). Think Hyundai have made it too refined (if there’s such a thing!)
Link1

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-d7phdrzxyaabeqb.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-d7o8wyuiaect6.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-d7o8wzauyaamy9x.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1-2.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2.jpg

Source:Twitter

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2019 at 14:51.
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 14:40   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
All these comparison pics only highlight half of the doubt, sure car looks comparable to other car on the outside, but the story is different from in Inside! This is a good thing for buyers like me, who prefer easy to drive cars, but many would miss the "big car" feel while driving.
I really like the venue for its size. I own a 3 series which I feel is too big for the tier 2 city I live in. Parking it is an issue therefore I only use it on inter city trips.
So I am really not in the market for a car that gives me a bigger feel. A compact SUV is supposed to be compact, isn't it?
I test drove the venue, I was not disappointed one bit. It is a car that costs 13 lacs, it would be wrong to compare it to something that costs 40 lacs.
As for the rear design being somewhat like the i10, I am unable to see the issue here either. A 7 series looks like a 5 series which looks like a 3 series.
S class, E class and C class more or less look the same from behind. Companies are just trying to be cohesive in their design language I guess.
I suggested those in doubt should wait for a long term review.
As for me I would be taking delivery of my SX+ DCT Venue in the first week of June.
Bimmer_Sage is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 14:54   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_Driven View Post
Thanks very much for your inputs arindambasu. Well this surely makes my life a bit difficult now. I was almost ready to jump into the fray to buy the Ecosport.
I was not aware of the heavy clutch in Ecosport Diesel. I just test drove it two times and there was not much heavy traffic since the showroom is actually on the highway.
I own an Ecosport Diesel for over 6.5 years now. Only in the last 6 months has the clutch started to harden. Even today it is quite manageable. I do not think the Ecosport's clutch us any harder than the average Diesel car. The real hard ones are the cars like the Duster, which has a really hard clutch.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 15:35   #548
BHPian

I am going to make statements that may sound strange to people but then we are all coming from our experiences, right?

All my family/friends are now begging me to upgrade from my Nano. Logic = earning great, young man then why lousy car. I do not want to but I have now started visiting showrooms.

So that is how I ended up going for a test drive of Venue at Shreenath Hyundai, Chembur

I drove the Venue and the Verna. After driving the Venue, the Verna felt great (ventilated seats!). But after driving the Verna when I got into the Venue to drive it again, it felt much much more comfortable. Primarily because it is seated high and I am used to the Nano!

I experienced minimum turbo lag in the Venue 1.0 DCT top model. I think it is a great car. I always judge a car by driving dynamics. I do not understand interiors/features (except Ventilated Seats..wow they were amazing) because I actually feel Etios has good interiors and so does my Nano.

The Venue is not a drivers car. Not by far. But it is a good car for anyone to drive in Bombay. The only other automatic car I have driven is my father's Grand i10 and that one is BUTTERR SMOOTHH. The Venue automatic is not as smooth as the Grand i10. I say this wrt the engine, NVH, steering feel, etc. But then that is the 1.2 kappa and I am anyway not a fan of small turbos like the 1.0L..but if any one of you test drove the i10 and venue side by side you would know what I mean. With all my driving experience, I would also like to say that the TC in Grand i10 is better than the DCT in Venue. Maybe it is the engine-transmission marriage that I felt is a little off in the Venue. I could be wrong and might change my mind later after another round of test drive

But everything said and done, the kind of practical person I am, I will not ..WILL NOT..put 13.25 lacs for a car like Venue. When I say "car like Venue" I do not mean it is a bad car. Please don't get me wrong. But after looking at it and experiencing it, I did not feel it was worth it.

Now for the absurd comment part...I did not feel it was an upgrade to the Nano Genx MT! The Nano is built for the city and therefore its gearing ratios support good pickup at signals etc. the Venue was a bit annoying on that front (automatic you see..despite being a DCT). The space and openness in the Nano is really fantastic. Last but not the least, the fact that I can (so easily) do anything with the Nano in a city like Bombay..park it anywhere, turn it anywhere, maneuver it anyway i want...but then thats Nano vs any other car and not just the Venue. So if I want to upgrade..truly upgrade..then I will have to come out of my Nano comfort zone.

But it is not worth 13.25 lacs. What the hell is happening to car prices! This will only push the second hand car market to new levels. I am going back to Droom and car waale! No other choice!

But before I do that..I'll just call the Jeep/fiat showroom once again to check on the Abarth stock availability..little late to the party but what the heck!

Any enthu driver can give me feedback on liva cross 1.5L petrol? Same driving experience as the liva 1.5 trd?

Last edited by sjain2054 : 28th May 2019 at 15:41.
sjain2054 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 15:48   #549
BHPian

That red color looks hot. Would love to see real life visuals of the deep forest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Venue Media drive in Guwahati,
adhd92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 15:53   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Yes, the clutch is definitely heavy. There is no question about the fact that it becomes cumbersome to drive in Bangalore traffic. I say this after taking multiple test drives in various traffic situations, including in peak hour traffic and late night, when roads are freer. Be very aware of this fact, because newer test drive vehicles will most likely not reveal this point to you. In fact, it was only after three or four test drives from different showrooms that this point struck me and I actually thought about it. I would have missed or ignored it completely otherwise.

The XUV 300 has a much lighter clutch, at least from what I experienced in the new test drive vehicles. Even the Nexon clutch felt slightly lighter. Not sure about the Venue since I have not test driven it.

I finally bought Honda City iVTEC, and I am glad I made that decision. I have always loved the car, and got a superb deal from Honda towards the financial year end in March. Fantastic vehicle, and given my monthly running of 1000-1200 kms, makes perfect sense. I was also not keen on purchasing a automatic since I wanted to have the last bit of fun with a nice petrol engine mated to a slick gearbox. I am sure that for my next change, I will have no choice but to select an automatic car, given the way traffic is worsening.

Even if your travel increases, I am not sure that it would increase so much as to genuinely warrant a diesel - whether Ecosport, Venue or anything else. The Dragon engine on the ES is good enough (though I was not too impressed with its performance), and if you can stretch your budget, check out the 1 liter Ecoboost variant (if you want to stick to Ecosport, that is). The Dragon also comes with the AT, which would resolve the clutch issues altogether.

Thanks very much for the information. I think the main reason for me to go to Diesel instead of Petrol would surely the mileage and running.

I agree with you that my running might not increase much. But a lot of my long drive trips are on hold due to lack of a diesel

I agree with you that the extra premium we have to pay for diesel will be worth only if the cost is offset by increased running.

If I go for a Petrol 1.0 Turbo of Ecosport it costs more than the Titanium+ version of Diesel.
I have been driving petrol from nearly7 years now. I was planning to go for a Diesel this time (for the sheer power and torque). But again I am a bit confused now. Not sure if the BS VI norms will affect the diesel prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I own an Ecosport Diesel for over 6.5 years now. Only in the last 6 months has the clutch started to harden. Even today it is quite manageable. I do not think the Ecosport's clutch us any harder than the average Diesel car. The real hard ones are the cars like the Duster, which has a really hard clutch.

Thanks very much. Well now this is a bit different. You are saying the clutch is not hard. Since you have been driving many years your experience matters a lot. The clutch is the only issue for me right now. If ever there was a Diesel Auto in Ecosport that would have been perfect.
What I will do is take the test drives again for Ecosport and for a longer stretch and also the XUV 300 which just entered my mind since on of my friends bought it and it drives well.
Also the Venue and then decide on what to go for. The confusion is still Diesel or Petrol!!
Old 28th May 2019, 16:10   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving petrol from nearly7 years now. I was planning to go for a Diesel this time (for the sheer power and torque). But again I am a bit confused now. Not sure if the BS VI norms will affect the diesel prices.
This is exactly why I was even considering a diesel. 13 years of petrol cars, and I wanted to experience a diesel. Good torque (rather than outright power). Yes, the Aspire was one of the frontrunners in my list of considerations, since it was total value for money with great performance. But when I visited the showroom, the build etc. was too flimsy and the Aspire was cancelled out. Thats when I started considering the Ecosport. However, when the initial enthusiasm died down and I did multiple test drives of the ES, the shortfalls (which I had mentioned earlier) became deal breakers, and even performance wise, the ES was no match for the Aspire. A little bit of clearer thinking later, I put my money on a creamy and powerful petrol car.

Do consider the good petrol vehicles available in your price range and requirement set. I did, and have not looked back since.

BS VI is a gamble. If diesel is what you are fixated on, I would advise you to wait till end 2019 or very early 2020, by which time the scenario regarding diesel vehicles would possibly become clearer. Right now, in my view it is all too uncertain to commit INR 12-13 lakhs or more on a diesel vehicle.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 28th May 2019 at 16:13.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 16:20   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Well again this is a new one for me. I never even thought that the venue ride would be harsher than the Ecosport. Hyundai are known to have very good rides at slower speeds and at higher speeds it gets a bit uncomfortable and the handling gets nervy.
Ecosport was known to have a bit stiffer ride anyway. But it helps for the sportier riding style and I am quite happy with it.
The only thing I am worried about is the heavy clutch in Ecosport which will make it hard to drive in congested city like Pune.
It felt incredibly stiff to me, so much that I actually checked the tyre pressure with the SA. If the ride is such at 32psi, it’s appalling IMO. The ecosport with the 17 inchers has a better ride, strictly as per my opinion. I honestly couldn’t understand why people call ecosport’s ride as bad. The only issue with my test car was that since it was a 18k run car, it was rattling badly at the left side. The other test drive car that I drive was rock solid, which was with the 16 inchers and that was a really nice car.
My vote, if you truly want a diesel, would go to the Nexon. The diesel is nice, it also has an automatic option which although AMT is a very good car (I didn’t buy it just because I couldn’t stand AMT as one of my other cars is a kodiaq) and has great interiors. The manual is also great and you have a choice there. The advantage that it has over the ecosport is that it has an extra gear for those long distance cruising, which is sorely missed in the ecosport IMO. Venue’s diesel hasn’t impressed many and I honestly didn’t like the 1.4 much in the i20 as well. So I’d steer clear of the venue. But do test drive all these vehicles and choose for yourself, as you know what you want better than anybody else.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 16:36   #553
BHPian

Here's EVO's first drive review. The guy seems happy!

https://evoindia.com/hyundai-venue-first-test-drive/
Old 28th May 2019, 16:39   #554
Senior - BHPian

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-v...0-mark-2044134

20,000 bookings crossed already
Old 28th May 2019, 16:40   #555
BHPian

Just test drove the Venue 1.0 Turbo DCT again, this time city and the highway. I'm 6'4 and about 115kgs.

Driver's seat is good, I'm pretty tall and big, no issues for me getting my position right. Power seems decent as long as you push the engine, transmission is smooth. Suspension is on the stiffer side, more than the usual Hyundai. Probably a bit more than the EcoSport as well.

Passenger seat is an issue for me as you can't adjust the height. My hair is scraping the roof unless I angle the seat a bit more than my usual position. Rear seat space I wasn't concerned much as this car is either a 2 seater or a 3 seater for me, usually just going to be driven within the city by a driver. I didn't sit in the rear seat either.

I looked at the fuel economy as I reset it, by the end of my half city and half high way drive, which for the most part I did drive enthusiastically(highway), I could see an average of about 9-10 kms per liter. That's decent to me, I know it is a concern for most of them.

However, what's annoying on the high is the beep alarm once you hit 120kmph. I agree I was trying to stress the vehicle but that beep is annoying, loud as a seat belt alarm and it is continuous. So please keep that in mind for those who can't take it on the highway during their test drive. Wouldn't want you guys to find out after the purchase and think twice about it after.

Hope this helps.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks