Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:13   #421
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Test drove the latest Hyundai Venue 1.0 liter turbo petrol with 7 speed Dual Clutch Transmission
The upsides are
1. Brilliant transmission system. Butter smooth and shifts lightning fast
2. Very decent engine developing 120 BHP and 170 NM or Torque
3. Very good handling and drive quality (read shock absorbers on our terrible roads)
4. Great feature listing. Stuff like air purifiers, auto day night mirrors, the Hyundai Blue Link system that has a great touch screen interface, cornering lamps seen in the XUV 500 and the BMWs for example, Electric Sunroof, Wireless Phone Charging, and what have you!
5. Very good perceived build quality. The way the doors shut, the heaviness in the vehicle is very reassuring. Great plastic quality at the upper levels of the car but not so great (actually in my view poor) quality at the lower regions

The downsides are
1. Cringing on certain basic stuff like rear wash and wipe which is available only in the Option trim. Should I laugh or should I cry?
2. The door handles with a lovely soft cushion to rest your right elbow when driving is available again in the Option trim only. Other features which I found to be basic essentials that Hyundai has cringed on and made available only in the top optional pack are 60:40 folding rear seats, rear seat center arm rest with cup holders, etc (check the manual that I have attached here) . The Automatic version does not come in the top optional trim. Remember this car costs 14 lakhs OTR in Bangalore
3. Though the width of this car at 1770 mm is a good 75 mm wider than my Ertiga, I found the car far more crammed and less spacious than what I drive currently. Could be because of completely dark interiors in the Venue and also the fact that the Ertiga is a more elongated car by design compared to the Venue which is more Jeep like and boxy.

https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...V_brochure.pdf
niranjanprabhu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:04   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
I am optimistic about Honda's HR-V and Suzuki's Vitara to add on to the above list.
It will be quite cut-throat.

Upcoming Cars:-
Maruti Brezza Facelift
Nexon Facelift
Ford's CSUV
Mahindra XUV 500 (2nd Generation)
Mahindra Scorpio
Mahindra Thar
Tata Buzzard
Skoda Kamiq

MG CSUV?
Jeep Renegade??
Suzuki Gimny?
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:06   #423
Senior - BHPian

This car looks good for aam junta with average height around 5'8" & not too heavy built. Plus the 1L Turbo engine should be offered on stable mates sooner than later.

Also the boot which is bigger than few competitors is nice IMO. But, it would have been better if they had option of sliding rear seat to ensure one could play around with leg room at wish.

What I observed on the website was that equipment list is fairly generous & leaving 1-2 features would be nitpicking.

Now, I have a question - what are Khaki Dual Tone & Denim Dual Tone Theme Themes in Interiors (refer Venue website)? In Europe you can have cars with Burberry trim & few other similar option to customize the interiors. If this is so, I would welcome it as a break from black/ beige (different materials) interior trim. Kinda cool IMO

Good that we have a whiff of fresh air in segment (the XUV300 didn't entice me much in the truncated size).
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:44   #424
Bee
BHPian

I went to see the venue in person today. Must say, it looked pretty sweet.

Quality of material used was top notch. The dashboard plastic had a very minor flex in the center just behind the light sensor. But rest of the touch points felt premium.

Side doors had a good 'thud' while closing but the boot door did not (boot was pretty wide and spacious)

Led drls had a slight blue tinge in them and did not seem very bright. Rear lights looked lovely.

One point to note was that there was negligible overhang in both front and rear bumpers!

Coming to the interior space, I sat in the front passenger side first and as soon as I sat I got a bit hatch like feeling but it wasn't cramped as such (maybe it was due to the all black interiors). What accentuated the fact was that the dash isn't deep and more in line with hatchbacks.

The rear seats felt comfortable and spacious. I'm 5' 10" and setting the seat to my driving position there was sufficient space in the back and ample headroom as well. Seating three shouldn't be a problem shoulder-wise but the trans tunnel and rear ac vent would be a hindrance.

The size of the car from outside is decent as well and has pretty good presence as well (not at all hatch-like!)

Overall, I was fairly impressed with the car and after the driving review I just might go ahead with my bookings in a couple of months.
Bee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:05   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
ACI's price tracker on the CUV segment.
Excellent pricing and it is interesting to see how they covered the entire breadth of the segment.

Even the "overpriced" Creta sold in spades so this looks to be a walk in the park for Hyundai.

Reviews of the 1.0L GDI look very positive and I think Hyundai should think about offering this engine in the i20. I am sure it will be very well received. As always I think Venue stays true to Hyundai's tradition of offering the best quality interior and fit and finish in the segment. Would love to see a review of the 6 speed manual petrol engine.

Had a look see on the Hyundai website yesterday and I loved the colors that Hyundai has chosen for the Venue. Especially the Deep Forest. Here are the dual tone options. I like the Denim Blue + White best. The Lava Orange and Black looks good too. Black and White looks so ordinary now-a-days!!

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1.png

Lava Orange + Black

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2.png

Denim Blue + Grey/White

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-3.png

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 22nd May 2019 at 19:12.
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:38   #426

jobug is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:49   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Now, I have a question - what are Khaki Dual Tone & Denim Dual Tone Theme Themes in Interiors (refer Venue website)?If this is so, I would welcome it as a break from black/ beige (different materials) interior trim.
I totally agree that it's something different (for a change). Although, I wonder how these will look like in the flesh. Posting the only available picture of the khakhi interiors from the Hyundai website.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundai_venue_suv_interior_mid_mob_290x155_3.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:51   #428
BHPian

This car definitely ticks major boxes. With the positive reviews flowing in for the 1.0 DCT and the price (keeping in mind prices are introductory only), Hyundai seems to have a winner here. It should definitely grab a considerable chunk from the new entrant XUV 300. Only drawback of i20 is a mediocre petrol engine which still brings in good numbers for Hyundai. With this added option of 1.0 turbo in Venue, I feel Hyundai started moving into the right direction by focusing more on the petrol options keeping customer drift towards petrol engines in mind.

Along with the test drive of the car, one should definitely check out the rear occupant seat space twice as there are quite contrary opinions on it already. There are many feel good factors in the car, a fresh design (yes it does look like a baby creta but this car still feels to have that fresh feeling everytime I see it) and quite a few things offered more than the competition. I feel the variant distribution could've been a bit better though. I'm definitely going to check it out in person not that I'm in need of a new car now but yeah this definitely grabbed my attention a lot.
Old 22nd May 2019, 20:28   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Test drove the latest Hyundai Venue 1.0 liter turbo petrol with 7 speed Dual Clutch Transmission
The upsides are
4. Great feature listing. Stuff like air purifiers, auto day night mirrors, the Hyundai Blue Link system that has a great touch screen interface, cornering lamps seen in the XUV 500 and the BMWs for example, Electric Sunroof, Wireless Phone Charging, and what have you!
I was under the impression that the venue didn't have auto dimming irvms for any variant. Was that a mistake? Auto dimming irvm is a feature that I wish was one of my main requirements when buying a vehicle, but so few cars come with it now that if I chose cars based on it's availability alone, I'd have very few options.

Also, to everyone,

Can anyone post the Kerala on road prices? I'm in the market for a good diesel C-SUV strictly under 12.5 lacs ( budget was 12 lacs initially, can squeeze in another 50k ), had almost finalized on the Nexon XZ+ Diesel manual, because of the strong diesel, but then comes news of the venue and I decided to wait. The EcoSport is above my price bracket. Did not like the Brezza, felt it was more economy grade than what is permissible for this price ( no offence to any Brezza owners, it certainly has good resale value and is the easiest to service and own, atleast until the venue officially hits the road ), and the XUV is a good lac or two away from my budget.

I won't be booking it right away, but within a couple of months, and if I do like the venue, after a test drive, then it will either be the SX diesel ( absence of rear wash/wipe is shocking and it'll be painful to live without it ) or the SX(O) diesel depending on the on road prices. I hope it's not like the exorbitant prices in Bangalore and Chennai, and something akin to the prices in Gurgaon/Hyd ( from the onroad pictures posted in this thread a page or two before ), but knowing Kerala RTO, I'm not holding my breath for a second.
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:10   #430
BHPian

Goes on to prove that Hyundai will price their cars extremely VFM if they have strong competition in the segment. If the Creta had a strong competitor from Maruti Suzuki it would have been priced more sensibly with good feature kit and maybe discounts too. The Venue is an excellent example ti see how kitted and sensibly priced car Hyundai can offer if it has strong competition. I'm in the market for a 12 lakhs SUV, was considering the base Creta but the SX 1.4 clicks most of the boxes. Let's see might be I'll jump the gun in another 6 months. The most glaring omission in the SX trim or any trim is the rear wiper/defogger. Hyundai keeps doing this, Rear wiper should be part of standard safety kit for every non-sedan vehicle. I'm surprised when manufacturers keep this as an option. Would be alright to keep the front wipers optional? Then how does this logic not work for rear ones? And the brilliant guys are offering a factory reverse camera on this trim but not the rear wipers. I would not mind paying 25k-50k extra for this, but this cant even be retrofitted it seems. I digress.

Last edited by mh09ad5578 : 22nd May 2019 at 21:16. Reason: need to add things
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:24   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I was under the impression that the venue didn't have auto dimming irvms for any variant. Was that a mistake? Auto dimming irvm is a feature that I wish was one of my main requirements when buying a vehicle, but so few cars come with it now that if I chose cars based on it's availability alone, I'd have very few options.
I think people are being confused. The car has BlueLink Buttons on the Mirrors. I have seen many posts in last few pages regarding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Now, I have a question - what are Khaki Dual Tone & Denim Dual Tone Theme Themes in Interiors (refer Venue website)? In Europe you can have cars with Burberry trim & few other similar option to customize the interiors. If this is so, I would welcome it as a break from black/ beige (different materials) interior trim. Kinda cool IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
I totally agree that it's something different (for a change). Although, I wonder how these will look like in the flesh. Posting the only available picture of the khakhi interiors from the Hyundai website.
Khaki Dual Tone is nothing but the same Beige available in other Hyundai cars.

Attaching a picture for reference.
Taken from a YouTube Video.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-screenshot_20190522211344.jpg  

Bhatia.D17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:56   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
The most glaring omission in the SX trim or any trim is the rear wiper/defogger.
In the Venue brochure, the defogger is mentioned under 'Safety' category as 'Rear Defogger with Timer' for the S trim upwards. I agree with you though on how the rear wiper was left only for the top trim - absolutely not done. I could not believe on realizing this yesterday I am fine to give up on sunroof but have the rear wiper and 60:40 split.
CarStruck is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 22:33   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
In the Venue brochure, the defogger is mentioned under 'Safety' category as 'Rear Defogger with Timer' for the S trim upwards. I agree with you though on how the rear wiper was left only for the top trim - absolutely not done. I could not believe on realizing this yesterday I am fine to give up on sunroof but have the rear wiper and 60:40 split.
But sadly the sunroof will become the sole selling factor that may influence the common buyer. Many wouldn't care less about the connected features but would look at the SX variant as a value for money option. Absence of a sunroof would have people gawking all day long at the sorry looking instrument cluster, some fresh air would provide some relief.

Besides someone unwilling to stretch the budget may settle for the SX variant willingly, including myself ironically. Expecting a long waiting period for this one. There must be some official tenet at the Hyundai R&D department indicating that a rear wiper should be procured at the rate of 10000 / year only, nothing else makes sense otherwise.

Also, not able to find a single review of the lower variants, neither did it show up in picture form apart from this one instance on a scoop video.

Last edited by sandx : 22nd May 2019 at 22:35.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 22:39   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post
Khaki Dual Tone is nothing but the same Beige available in other Hyundai cars.

Attaching a picture for reference.
Taken from a YouTube Video.
I think it is not exactly like the beige dual tone. Found a Youtube video with the Mystic Forest color with the Khaki interior color scheme.

here is the link:

On the other hand, it is really sad to see that the Sunroof is more essential than the Rear Washer + Wiper.
DrRC83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 22:51   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Besides someone unwilling to stretch the budget may settle for the SX variant willingly, including myself ironically. Expecting a long waiting period for this one. There must be some official tenet at the Hyundai R&D department indicating that a rear wiper should be procured at the rate of 10000 / year only, nothing else makes sense otherwise.
Yes, me included, willing to settle for SX and sunroof seems like a somewhat 'feel good' compromise for the missing essentials I was pleasantly surprised to see the sunroof for this variant. I also fear a long waiting period and a price hike by the time the car is ready for delivery 2-3 months later!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks