Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 20:55   #376
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
At Rs. 8 Lakh OTR for 1.2 Kappa S trim, venue triggers value quotient pretty well. Inclement times for Brezza and Maruti. Maruti should have honed in K12M or K10C and K15 by now in Brezza. Its now Maruti which will be playing catch up. I expect Elite i20, Baleno sales taking a hit too. Just like it was Zen vs Santro before Wagon R came up, Brezza vs Venue will be worth a watch.
Exciting times ahead. Like many of us, I also want Maruti to be challenged. But the past examples have shown that it's always the fight between the rest of manufacturers while Maruti eats the larger pie. If Hyundai manages to dent Maruti in sub 4 metre category, it will be after a very long time that somebody got hold of Maruti's bread and butter. Expect a tough fight from Maruti.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 21:05   #377
BHPian

My few cents after visiting Hyundai Showroom;
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_172050.jpg
Wide opening doors.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_172124.jpg
As per Sales executive, it is a 350L boot, which is wide and deep.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_172742.jpg
The HU is positioned centrally and vertically, without any inclination towards driver side. All together neat fit and finish to the dashboard. I found it a notch better than i20.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_173052.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_172958.jpg
Dials and MID.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_173108.jpg
Plushy & well contoured seat.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_172713.jpg
Door pad & trims looks cheap and flimsy. Felt much better in Ecosport & Nexon.

Others :
Beautiful diamond cut alloys.
Not sure for how many will be benefited/happy with wireless charging option.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_173017.jpg
The car was 1.0 turbo petrol SX Manual. It was not having auto dim function for IRVM. Note the 3 buttons on IRVM.
redbaron91 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 21:29   #378
BHPian

Correction -
I did see request sensor on the door handle in a review video, dont know which variant it was.
yet to see the car in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
So total of blatant omissions -
  • Request sensor on Door handles (do correct me if i am wrong, but i dont see it anywhere)
  • Only 2 reverse sensors (wonder how much cost was saved)
  • Front center Armrest from DCT SX# (need Holmes to figure out )
    • Sliding Armrest only on SX#
  • Curtain airbags on SX# DCT
  • Rear Wiper from SX# DCT
We would have had a winner if this were addressed.

I have booked a SX# DCT in Deep Forest.

Yet to see the car in person, but first impressions leave a sour taste in my mind even before meeting the car in person. While the pricing is a winner, Hyundai has tried to win all grounds with pricing and throwing in a few chocolates but has left out the pudding.
Old 21st May 2019, 21:41   #379
BANNED

Hyundai Venue vs Mahindra XUV 300 vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Tata Nexon vs Ford EcoSport vs Honda WR-V - A comparison

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Note: Click on the image for better readability.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st May 2019 at 21:42.
a4anurag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 22:04   #380
Senior - BHPian

Went to check out the Venue with my friend who was looking forward to book the top-spec diesel trim. He drives an Ignis now () but was disappointed with how the Venue looked in person.

Even I felt that the car appeared to be a size smaller as compared to its rivals. It lacks road presence and feels more in line with WR-V and Freestyle type of cars rather than Ecosport or Nexon. What made matters worse was that it was parked next to a Santro which has generous dimensions (esp. height) for its price point. When viewed from the back, the two cars looked disappointingly similar.

Couldn't click pictures as there were a lot of people around the car. Majority of bookings were for higher trims of the boring 1.2-litre petrol version. My friend decided to go ahead with his Ecosport booking as that seems to be the most sorted option in the segment.
self_driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 22:24   #381
BHPian

So I had the good fortune of driving the SX+ Dual Clutch Automatic 1.0 turbo GDI variant at the local dealer here today. Although a short test drive is certainly not enough for a definitive review, here are the first impressions I took away from the drive:
  • The 1.0 GDI engine is gutsy, more so than the naturally-aspirated 1.6 in the Creta. On May 1st, I had visited the local dealer with the intention of booking the Venue and also evaluating the Creta Petrol. I drove the 1.6 manual Creta Petrol and the car was completely gutless unless you wring its neck. I know its the same story with the torque-converter automatic variant because a friend of mine has recently acquired one and he has been complaining of a lack of shove in the car. He upgraded from a diesel Ecosport, so no wonder the torque deficit can be felt. Happy to report that the Venue 1.0 GDI is much more lively and immediate in its responses. Whatever little torque gains are made over the NA Petrol 1.6 combined with the lower kerb weight, certainly make it a joy to drive. The 3-cylinder lumpiness, however, can be felt at idle.
  • The 7 speed Dual Clutch Automatic transmission is swift enough, as expected, but when driven eagerly, it lets the revs rise to a large extent, meaning the engine becomes quite audible inside the cabin. However, for this class of car, this extra noise is accompanied by the expected acceleration, so all is forgiven in my book. I think this gearbox is certainly one of the main USPs of the car.
  • The steering is light and precise and is a joy to use. I drove in congested conditions and manoeuvring the car was a breeze. For its intended use within the city, it is perfectly calibrated. It’s reassuring that this variant had all the necessary controls on the steering wheel itself, including cruise control.
  • The air conditioning appeared to be extremely effective in the 42 degree heat, as shown on the MID. There was good circulation even on the back seat and the rear vents did their job well.
  • The front seats are very comfortable with good side bolstering and they hold you in place.
  • Legroom at the rear is limited, especially if someone tall is driving and has the seat completely pushed back. This may be a deciding factor for many, and it may be worth looking at the Creta (or others) if you regularly carry more than 1 passenger.
  • The fit and finish of the vehicle is exemplary. I liked the Polar White colour the most as it accentuates the lines of the car nicely. Silver is a bit more sober, so might interest some. Unfortunately Hyundai in all their wisdom, are not offering the Denim Blue colour with a Polar White roof with the top AT variant. Can someone please tell Hyundai that the top variant needs to offer the AT gearbox, as that is what most buyers prefer in the city nowadays?
  • Ride quality was quite agreeable for me, even though we did not encounter many broken surfaces. However, a short drive on a broken service lane was pleasant enough.
  • The fuel tank is only 45 litres, would have preferred a bigger tank for longer journeys.
  • The Sales Advisor mentioned that the ground clearance is around 200mm, even though this has not been specified by Hyundai officially as yet.
  • There was no information available about the engine being BS6 compliant either.
  • The yellow beam fog lamps look out of place on such a modern vehicle.

Overall I was pleased with the vehicle, with the only real negatives being the lack of rear legroom and the usual step-motherly treatment by Hyundai of the AT variants of the vehicle. I mean, I have booked the SX+ AT variant of the Venue, which costs the most, at Rs 12,60,213 on road in Gurgaon, and yet I have to make do with only two airbags instead of six and no rear washer-wiper. There’s also no leather on the seats and no option for dual-tone paint.

That aside, this is the freshest option in the sub-compact SUV segment today and will certainly shake-up the market! I can’t wait to get my hands on mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_164119.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_170228.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2019_05_21-5_14-pm-office-lens.jpg  

Last edited by ashnd : 21st May 2019 at 22:38.
ashnd is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 22:29   #382
Bee
BHPian

This instrument cluster for the lower segments looks horrendous. Plus, no MID controls as well. The supervision cluster is way better.

Hyundai has tried copying ecosport in this aspect where ford gave such a dull looking cluster but the ecosport S had a better looking one.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p4170824.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-unthitled.png

Last edited by Aditya : 25th May 2019 at 11:36. Reason: MID
Bee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 22:49   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
Rs 12,60,213 on road in Gurgaon
What are HP Charges? Inspite of court orders they are still charging handling charges?

Zero Dep Insurance @ 52,893.

Please cross check even the Road Tax, Regd. Charges et all before paying them.
Old 21st May 2019, 23:00   #384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
What are HP Charges?
HP charges = Hypothecation charges.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 23:41   #385

About to finalise the Venue booking - 1.4 L Diesel SX trim which seems to be the most balanced among the offerings, sans the glaring omissions like auto dimming IRVM and the Rear wiper.

Will be finalising between the Denim Blue or the Deep Forest shades.

Has anyone seen the Deep Forest shade in flesh? The picture on the brochure seems unclear and Hyundai seems to have displayed all the colours except this one!

Thanks in advance

Regards
Old 21st May 2019, 23:47   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hyundai Venue official TVC -
This TVC seems to have been shot entirely within EON IT park and WTC located in Kharadi, Pune.
Old 21st May 2019, 23:53   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhastgir View Post
Has anyone seen the Deep Forest shade in flesh? The picture on the brochure seems unclear and Hyundai seems to have displayed all the colours except this one!
I think deep forest is the colour which is closest looking to Black. Please check the following videos.

akhil_rpmlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 00:37   #388
BHPian

Excellent pricing indeed.

Wish there was a S+ DCT variant between S and SX+ at about INR 10.2 lakhs (minus the sunroof, auto headlamp but add rear washer wiper, sliding armrest). Is it too much to ask?

Interesting bit in owner's manual.

TPMS (Is Hyundai keeping this a secret? Or is only available in international variants?

Door sensor is present and mentioned in the owner's manual.

Manual attached here for easy reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190522_002455.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190522_002432.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf venue.pdf (5.34 MB, 705 views)
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 00:53   #389
BHPian

I was able to take a test drive of the turbo petrol automatic variant. As I own a EcoSport Petrol DCT I'd like to add a few observations.
The built quality is absolutely amazing. Car makers in India should keep this at the top of priority list. The car doesn't feel as robust and as sturdy as the EcoSport, but is definitely not tinny.
About the engine not much observations could be made as it was rush hour traffic during TD, the turbo lag is noticible but there is some punch, couldn't reach sppeds above 50kmph.
Coming to the gearbox it was good in city traffic conditions, but while I sat in the back, I could feel some heat inside the car from the transmission tunnel. This was a first, because I've never felt it or let me put it this was - never felt it to the extent of noticing it. Although it was rush hour traffic I've never felt this before, if anyone has experienced it in other cars or the venue itself please do weigh in.
The steering looks like a deal breaker to me, it felt light to my liking. The EcoSport has good weight to the steering, the venue steering felt very light and zero confidence inspiring at lower speeds. Have to see how it feels on the highways.
Noticeably larger boot-360L compared to 346L of EcoSport.
Automatic S variant misses on a lot of features-no Projectors, Fog lamps, Sun roof, alloys, leather upholstery and connected SUV function etc.
The sales rep claimed mileage to be 14-15Kmpl within city limits, big if true, but I doubt it. EcoSport gives mileage of 9Kmpl in the city.
Experience with sales rep was funny. For any query made his standard response was "don't know much, car launched today only Saar". Not sure if this is Hyundai's mistake or the dealership's for not educating their representatives. The guy also went on to claim Hyundai as the first company to launch Dual clutch transmission in India and told it was only present in cars like "Benz and BMW" till now After this I didn't even bother asking him anything.
If they launch SX(O) variant for Petrol Automatic, pretty sure the on road price can touch 16L.
Overall a good package for anyone just wanting "a" Car.

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 22nd May 2019 at 01:13.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 05:56   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
The guy also went on to claim Hyundai as the first company to launch Dual clutch transmission in India and told it was only present in cars like "Benz and BMW" till now
Hilarious! Although I can sense the guy's enthusiasm to sell.

Coming back to the pricing, Hyundai started well with the Venue unlike the Creta which was overpriced by a lakh at the time of launch itself. But knowing Hyundai, I am sure that, once the product gets established in the market, we can expect the prices to creep up and meet or even surpass the competition.

And regarding the market share and numbers, IMO, although Hyundai is aiming to battle with the Brezzas, Ecosports and XUV 300s here, I20 will definitely see some collateral damage. Oh and then, Hyundai has missed an important thing during the Venue launch, discontinuing the I20 Active.

Anyways, on paper, Venue looks to be a competent product for indian market. Awaiting for the test drive reports from our fellow members.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks