Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 18:27   #361
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

We went to Talwar Hyundai, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad to checkout and book the vehicle. The vehicle was not unveiled yet. We are in the market for sub 4m automatic and were quoted 13.5 lakhs for DCT variant along with 10 weeks waiting.

What is the waiting being quoted around.

When has 13.5 Lakhs become cheap/vfm for cars in this price range. Scross 1.6 @ Rs 15 lakhs OTR is starting to feel reasonable now. Or have I lost touch with the car prices.
indian21r is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:35   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
When has 13.5 Lakhs become cheap/vfm for cars in this price range. Scross 1.6 @ Rs 15 lakhs OTR is starting to feel reasonable now. Or have I lost touch with the car prices.
Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that pricing was not so good! I am happy to pay a premium for a premium product, BUT the most expensive model doesn't seem to have rear wiper/washer and armrest of any kind Why would they do that !

When considering other factors like smaller dimensions (which was a plus in my books), limited rear legroom and other two engine options not having any USP, I am indeed confused by the pricing.

Advantage other cars in the segment have:
Nexon: 5 star safety rating, Diesel auto in the top-end trim, acres of space, big car feel.
Ecosport: Safety features, Dependable TC auto-box, loaded with features, fun to drive!
Brezza: 4 star safety, tried and tested engine, Maruti badge.
XUV300: Offers more features than any other car in the segment, good interior space, solid build quality, big car feel, smooth and torquey diesel.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd May 2019 at 00:10. Reason: Spacing fixed. that -> than
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:36   #363
Senior - BHPian

Price List from Delhi - Frontier Motors, Dwarka.

Very frustrated to see dealers loading the optional items in price list disguising like mandatory stuff. The customers who are aware and can fight, will be able to get these removed; but most common buyers will end up paying these, knowingly or unknowingly.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-frontier_motors_dwarka_delhi.png
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:46   #364
BHPian

Why there's no boot space mentioned anywhere? Is it too small like the XUV300?
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190521_181242.jpg
Also, looks like we're getting sunroof in SX but no rear wash and wiper, rear centre armrest, 60:40 split seat.
Hyundai got the pricing right but not the feature distribution across variants and Hyundai knows Indian people will still buy SX because here in India nobody cares about basic safety feature like rear wiper until it's provided by the manufacturer itself. Anyway, it's surely going to sell like hotcakes and with the Ecosport Thunder edition incoming, it'll be interesting to see which CSUV gets affected the most.
In my opinion, each CSUV on sale today has its own set of pros and cons like:
Maruti Brezza:
Pros:
1. Maruti tag
2. Spacious cabin
3. Decent list of features
4. Simple design which ages really well

Cons:
1. Boring cabin
2. No petrol engine
3. Feels cheap inside and outside
4. Turbo lag in diesel

Tata Nexon:
Pros:
1. Spacious cabin
2. Strong build quality
3. Excellent diesel engine
4. Loaded with features

Cons:
1. Mediocre petrol engine
2. Loooong clutch
3. Truck like gear throws (long and are not smooth either)
4. Even if loaded with features, still misses out on some essential features (leather wrap, cruise control, auto headlight and auto wiper etc)

Mahindra XUV300:
Pros:
1. Solid build
2. Loaded with tons of features
3. Driveability
4. Feels premium on inside and outside

Cons:
1. Lack of space
2. Slightly overpriced base variants
3. Mileage on highway
4. White interior

Ford Ecosport:
Pros:
1. Excellent petrol and Diesel engines
2. Short throw gearbox
3. Is sporty yet premium for the most part
4. Build quality
5. Best handling CSUV

Cons:
1. Strictly four seater
2. Though the boot space is same, Nexon's looks much more usable
3. Notchy gearbox
4. Too many vibrations at idle

Not listing Venue here because we don't have any information on the performance, ride and handling, space etc. What we know so far is a list of features only with price list.
HarshGtR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:52   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Why there's no boot space mentioned anywhere? Is it too small like the XUV300?
As per the sales executive it is 350 litres. He seems correct as the boot looks like a little bigger than my i20, which has 285 litres. Venue's boot length from the bumper to the rear seat base is similar to Brezza, but the floor sits much deeper, releasing good amount of space to the boot.

Last edited by anu007 : 21st May 2019 at 18:55. Reason: grammer
anu007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:53   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Also, looks like we're getting sunroof in SX but no rear wash and wiper, rear centre armrest, 60:40 split seat.
Hyundai got the pricing right but not the feature distribution across variants and Hyundai knows Indian people will still buy SX because here in India nobody cares about basic safety feature like rear wiper until it's provided by the manufacturer itself. Anyway, it's surely going to sell like hotcakes
Boot is 350L. It was mentioned in the launch webcast.

On the SX variant, it is squarely aimed at Brezza and Nexon top end variants. Hyundai knows that we prefer sunroof over other safety equipment so they have given one. Now Venue with Sunroof is cheaper than Brezza and Nexon without sunroof. Get ready to hear this sales pitch.
tarik.arora is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:10   #367
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Venue official TVC -

Old 21st May 2019, 19:13   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We went to Talwar Hyundai, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad to checkout and book the vehicle. The vehicle was not unveiled yet. We are in the market for sub 4m automatic and were quoted 13.5 lakhs for DCT variant along with 10 weeks waiting.

What is the waiting being quoted around.

Sir, please check this for Kun Hyundai Hyderabad pricing:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...nueotrhyd.jpeg

Talwar Hyundai cannot really quote a higher number than this(in terms of ex-showroom prices) other than the fact that there could be some additional inclusions which are shown separately here like 0 dep insurance (in the last column), etc.

I had pre-booked the top-end DCT variant in April and was told it would take about a month. Based on news on some forums, they had manufactured around 9,000 units already but they have over 15,000 bookings at the moment. So, it could be the case that 8-10 weeks of waiting becomes a norm for the time-being.

13.5 lakhs is not cheap but you are right, car prices have been going up like crazy these days. I had a Honda City from 2010 and back then the top-end VMT was 10 lakhs OTR in Hyderabad. I hadn't followed it past 2015 but I recently got to know that the top-end version is roughly 17.5 OTR.

And to add to that, Hyundai was never known to provide VFM cars, not even back in 2005 when they launched Santro.
Old 21st May 2019, 19:14   #369
BHPian

Found this drive review on YouTube -

kubectl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:15   #370
BHPian

I don't believe Venue will 'compete' with Creta in the long run, although it might eat up some numbers initially. They're both quite different products and while budget sensitive people might sway in favour of the former, it still doesn't solve the problems that a Creta can.
Old 21st May 2019, 19:19   #371
Senior - BHPian

Just had a sneak peak on the Venue. It does not have the Wow factor which Ecosport had in 2013. Door closing sound missed the THUD sound of the Ecosport.
Overall this will sell due to Hyundai badge and rest of the segment cars are feeling dated.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:33   #372
BHPian

Excellent and surprise pricing by Hyundai. SX variant with this price is going to sell like hotcakes for sure.

Suddenly, XUV 3OO becomes overpriced!!!

For a slight premium over EcoSport trend+, you are getting Android Auto, cruise control, and sunroof!!!

Let's hope for more discounts on offer from other brands.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:47   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Nexon:
Pros:
1. Spacious cabin
2. Strong build quality
4. Loaded with features

Cons:
2. Loooong clutch
4. Even if loaded with features, still misses out on some essential features (leather wrap, cruise control, auto headlight and auto wiper etc)
Couple of pros that got missed out on Nexon
Ride quality. Better than most in the segment. Only wrv in more compliant.
Fantastic music system. It competes with cars a segment higher in term of audio quality and output

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st May 2019 at 23:56. Reason: missing quote tags
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 20:21   #374
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at Hyundai Venue today. Went there at 8 expecting the showroom to be closed as during my earlier visit at 5 I was told showroom closes down at 7:3 but it was still open. A few points :

1. This car will definitely be a Brezza beater. Physically, there is not much to separate, but Venue's grille gives it more presence as compared to clear, simpler lines of Brezza.

2. Interior is good quality as expected, and dashboard is flat. Infact, the dash with square elements felt wee bit Citroen-ish. Hood is visible while being seated in driver's seat. Steering is good to hold as expected. Rear seat space is reasonable and even good considering its a compact SUV.

3. Boot is reasonably large, but its practical shape increases its utility.

4. Shoulder room at front was a bit lacking in my view. While I was in driver's seat it didnt feel like it but when I was in front co-passenger's seat, my left hand was constantly in touch with B-pillar. This was annoying. Deal breaker for me.

5. Dead pedal is useful. I was wearing safety shoes, and still I had no issue placing my left foot on dead pedal as there is good space after the clutch pedal to easily access dead pedal. But then, overall the footwell was slightly narrower for me. My left leg was constantly touching left plastic panel.

6. Headroom at rear wasnt as impressive, I expected more out of compact SUV.

At Rs. 8 Lakh OTR for 1.2 Kappa S trim, venue triggers value quotient pretty well. Inclement times for Brezza and Maruti. Maruti should have honed in K12M or K10C and K15 by now in Brezza. Its now Maruti which will be playing catch up. I expect Elite i20, Baleno sales taking a hit too. Just like it was Zen vs Santro before Wagon R came up, Brezza vs Venue will be worth a watch.
aaggoswami is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 20:29   #375
BHPian

[quote=aniyo;4592514]
Quote:
Tata Nexon:
Pros:
1. Spacious cabin
2. Strong build quality
4. Loaded with features

Cons:
2. Loooong clutch

Couple of pros that got missed out on Nexon
Ride quality. Better than most in the segment. Only wrv in more compliant.
Fantastic music system. It competes with cars a segment higher in term of audio quality and output

As a Ford owner from six years, I don't think about ride quality I am used to stiff ride quality and prefer it. Yes, Nexon definitely has these pros but I just mentioned what matters to me most and least.
HarshGtR is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks