Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 16:04   #256
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

I saw the car today and sat in it. The key was not present, else might have driven it or even started it.

# Car looks nice everywhere, save for the front grill [subjective]

# The GC should be more than adequate for most, the approach angle [can't get rid of my off-road nature] is better than Creta and I think maybe better than EcoSport as well.

# The boot is decent.

# The rear looks ok to me.

# Whoever so would be considering the car and would be ferrying family in the rear seats, please get your family along, make them sit, take a longish TD. The transmission bump/tunnel and the rear AC tower does intrude, do bear that.

# The rear seat space is at a premium as well as the seat may not be accommodating. I won't consider it as a 5 seater, honest.

# The sun roof area [where the handle is present] appeared to have some rough edges.

# I liked the front seats, they were hard and should offer good support.

# The seating is SUV like. Dashboard layout, plus the meters etc are nice and neutral, won't please or offend. Quality is typical Hyundai.

# Car is a bit short in width, a bit more width would have been perfect.

I repeat, before signing the dotted line, please do check the rear seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190520-10.22.39.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190520-10.23.31.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190520-10.24.32.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th May 2019 at 16:05.
Sheel is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 16:04   #257
BHPian

My friend booked a Venue DSL MT SX(O) through online mode and told the dealer of the same, next day we got a call from the dealer that the car is available for view at the showroom. While going back from work to home we eagerly went and checked the car in flesh, carefully hidden at the dealer's back compound.

It was a Silver Coloured MT Sx(O) and we spent around 30 mins inside and outside the vehicle.

Here are my initial impressions , i hope those who have seen the car personally shall reckon with the same:

A) Exterior:

1. The Car was parked next to Creta and venue surely looks quite compact from every angle.

2. Front fascia is love or hate, i feel it shall look ok once our eyes become accustomed to it.

3. Did not like the silver colour , i guess Venue would look better in white ( to each his own)

4. Alloys look good and add to the style and stance of the vehicle.

5. Front and rear bumper literally has no overhang and that may welcome some unwanted dents and scratches on the car's body.

B) Interior:

1. The Cabin surely has less space than an elite i20 and felt cramped.

2. Ergonomics seems strictly ok, they are not Creta or Elite i20 territory.

3. Fit and finish is as usual typical Hyundai - fabulous.

4. I am 5'11" and a person sitting at the back of my driving position will have a hard time and it shall need some compromise from me to adjust the poor fellow.

5. The air purifier takes space of an entire cup holder and is quite tall.

6. The screen size is bigger than it appears in images, it felt responsive.

7. Boot space is good and quite adequate for a car this size.

8. Sunroof seems the size of a WRV sunroof, not too big but is a good addition.

The sales guy said that test drive and deliveries shall begin on the afternoon of May 21st.

To summarise our feelings, i would say that when we went inside the showroom we were fairly excited as we both own Hyundai cars already (Elite i20 and Verna) and are quite loyal to the brand as wee.

The emotion was not the same when we came out, may be because we expected more, at least in the cabin space department. I still remember loving the spacious feeling i got while sitting in my friend's WRV and cousin's Nexon.

Lets see how the test drive turns out.
NST440 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 18:08   #258
BHPian

Pics of the Venue brochure just received from my dealer in Hyderabad. These were received over WhatsApp so the quality is not great but they are okay.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue1.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue2.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue3.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue4.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue5.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue6.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue7.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue8.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue9.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue10.jpeg  

kalyan_hyd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 18:25   #259
BHPian

HI ALL..had gone to the Hyundai showroom here as the underbody engine cover of my Verna got loose for some reason. Especially the front bumper build quality didnt feel solid on applying some force, so went there to check out if its the same on other new vernas in stock. Sorry to say its the same but its the Venue at the stockyard which instantly grabbed my attention. It was locked but from outside it did feel like its a well built butch little SUV. The alloys certainly oozes style and class. And that upright stance will surely appeal to a lot of urban SUV buyers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190520_182408.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190520_182318.jpg  

purb_du is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 18:52   #260
Bee
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Pics of the Venue brochure just received from my dealer in Hyderabad. These were received over WhatsApp so the quality is not great but they are okay.
Notice how blatantly hyundai has removed the manual day/night stalk for the ivrm in the sixth picture
Bee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 19:42   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purb_du View Post
HI ALL..had gone to the Hyundai showroom here as the underbody engine cover of my Verna got loose for some reason. Especially the front bumper build quality didnt feel solid on applying some force, so went there to check out if its the same on other new vernas in stock. Sorry to say its the same but its the Venue at the stockyard which instantly grabbed my attention. It was locked but from outside it did feel like its a well built butch little SUV. The alloys certainly oozes style and class. And that upright stance will surely appeal to a lot of urban SUV buyers.
I suppose this is the SX variant as it misses out on a rear wiper. Did it have a sunroof?
Old 20th May 2019, 20:32   #262
Senior - BHPian

Irrespective of how the Venue fares in the sales charts, I feel Hyundai could have done better in the design department. In the side profile the car does not look cohesive. Until the B pillar Hyundai seems to have taken inspiration from the Creta and from there on they just seem to have lost it. Its almost like 2 different cars have been stuck at the B pillar area!
Cannot help appreciating the Brezza, the Nexon and the Ecosport for pulling off the under 4m SUV look. And all of these 3 have managed to be spacious on the inside as well, I mean by Sub 4m SUV standards.

Mahindra got the boot space of the XUV300 wrong and now we have Hyundai seemingly getting the inside space a little below expectations.
Unlike the Creta where Hyundai set the segment up and where its still the benchmark, Hyundai is sort of nearly the last one to come in to the compact SUV segment. And people know what the Brezza, Nexon and the Ecosport are like.
My vote in this segment still goes to the Ecosport. Fantastic build and quality for this price. Its another thing that the Brezza is the sales topper.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 20:57   #263
BHPian

Got to take a look at Venue -which is waiting to be unveiled tomorrow.

Looks majestic and larger than it actually is. But I personally feel Creta 1.4 [Diesel/Petrol] more VFM and a segment higher when compared to rumored prices of Venue.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190520_181201.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190520_180944.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190520_181145.jpg
somspaple is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 21:30   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
I suppose this is the SX variant as it misses out on a rear wiper. Did it have a sunroof?
Yeah it had a sunroof and had DCT badge on the right side just behind the wheels if I remember correctly

Last edited by purb_du : 20th May 2019 at 21:50.
purb_du is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 21:39   #265
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai's new grill design looks hideous! Hopefully we'd see honeycomb grills in the aftermarket. Would look much better than this one I'm sure. Also, Hyundai's first turbo petrol in the country no?
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 21:48   #266
Bee
BHPian

Off topic - just for gags

I found where the Hyundai designers got the inspiration for the Venue's led drls from.

Aftermarket drls for Tata truck headlamps
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190520_214737.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190520_214607.jpg  

Bee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 22:16   #267
Senior - BHPian

Has any of our T-BHP'-ian friends driven any Hyundai/Kia's powered by the 1-Litre GDi abroad?
Would love to know how it stacks up against the Ford Ecoboost.
Old 20th May 2019, 22:23   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
The car looks very good in this colour.
Is this Denim Blue?
Old 20th May 2019, 22:41   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purb_du View Post
Yeah it had a sunroof and had DCT badge on the right side just behind the wheels if I remember correctly
Just to confirm about the sunroof and the Dct badge on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190520_221539.jpg  

purb_du is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 07:36   #270
BHPian

The Hyundai Bluelink app is now available to download in the App Store.
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed