Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2021, 08:25   #211
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Looks like a proper update on the Scorpio! It will have an AT and 4x4 which means it will be priced at current XUV500 levels?
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:22   #212
BHPian

A lot of switches and panels have been borrowed from the latest Thar. Looks like Mahindra has learnt Maruti's way of part sharing and savings costs
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:36   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurav_Nair View Post
Somebody just managed to film the interiors of the upcoming Scorpio . Here are some pics.

Attachment 2158939
It looks like the panel of the current Xuv5OO with the buttons of the new Thar placed underneath. Screen looks good and looks to be around 8 inch. A very well designed console in my opinion and with the butch SUV looking butcher, it will be a brilliant choice for any SUV enthusiast, given it is placed in the appropriate segment.
Moto_Bear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:58   #214
BHPian

Seeing these pictures I guess scorpio is coming with Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control. Those two rotary knobs are for controlling the 1st and 2nd row temperatures and the buttons at the centre is to control the blower speed.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-101.jpg
rahul_kej is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 23:08   #215
BHPian

From the outer stance to the AC vents, this Scorpio seems to be heavily inspired by the Land Cruiser. Not a bad thing in my books if it helps to up the overall quality and keeps it a highly desirable product. Only thing is, they shouldn't go a little too far to draw it too similar.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 23:27   #216
BHPian

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (Codenamed: Z101) caught testing

Those interiors look really good. Looks like Mahindra are really upgrading their interior game. First the Marazzo, next the XUV700 and now the next gen Scorpio. Coming to the Scorpio's interior, the first thing that strikes me is the touch screen infotainment, looks like an 8 inch unit with modern graphics and layout. Other small things I could see is that the instrument gauge cluster is similar to the one in Marazzo and judging by the tachometer, this is the diesel auto. The dash layout reminds me of that of the modern pickup trucks in USA, like the F150, Silverado and the RAM models. Boxy, upright and purpose built which really matches the Scorpio's macho and robust persona. The XUV700 interior has a more luxurious cockpit like design. Two distinct interior designs in two strikingly different products. I like where they are going with this, though the Scorpio is looking less quirky than the XUV700 promises to be. But I guess that is the XUVs trait.

Last edited by karthick_b : 23rd May 2021 at 23:29.
karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 23:43   #217
BHPian

I'm really liking what I'm seeing, if it comes with a decent 4star crash rating it will be an incredible package and it will be a good alternative to Innova and other MPVs like Marazzo.
Also part sharing suggests price incremental will be minimal, hoping so. Interior design inspiration is from the mighty current gen Toyota Land cruiser -200! Infotainment interface looks like that of MGs.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1621793555140.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1621793590964.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1621793607483.jpg  

TorqueIndia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 00:26   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Looks like it will get collapsible twin seats in the boot, same as now.
Mahindra has become very conscious of getting spot-on NCAP safety ratings at launch itself and if the Thar’s side facing seats were discontinued right after launch to attain that 4-star rating then there is no way Mahindra is going to put side-facing collapsible seats in the new-gen Scorpio!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 02:57   #219
BHPian

We all know that with XUV 500, Mahindra embarked on something new. They had never done interiors or exteriors in that way. Then the refreshed version of Scorpio had changes too but I think with the Next-Gen Scorpio, Mahindra has taken a lot of the inspiration of Sangyong.
For the first time ever, I find the Dashboard as great. It looks cleaners and there is no more clutter. Even in the new Thar, the Dashboard does looks that it will last for a long time. Thank you for sharing the pictures, this certainly has me excited for the Final unveiling of the product.
Old 24th May 2021, 08:39   #220
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I haven't been this excited for a launch in quite a while. I wish they'd just launch it in 2021. If it has proper 4WD, low range and a locking diff, it'll manage to pull some numbers from the big two.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 09:44   #221
BHPian

I see the general excitement in the comments above. I love what I see as well.
However had two questions / concerns:
1. I expect a steeper impact on the price of the next gen Scorpio
2. The emblem on the steering wheel which is hidden with wrap, why is it a square shape ?
If I remember Mahindra's design was a rounded one right ? Is it really the next gen Scorpio as speculated ?
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 10:31   #222
BHPian

The interiors look great and classy! Scorpio always looked macho be it in any gen so I believe this gen will also look macho( I hope Mahindra does not come up with any unnecessary animal reference and the braces-like grill on the XUV500. The grill is the only place where Mahindra messes it up always). The Scorpio is already a cult in itself and if they price it right and launch without any niggles+focus on safety+quality interiors, it will be a runaway success just like the way XUV500 was back in Sep 2011. They should also launch all variants(AT, MT+AWD, AT+AWD) at launch itself like Kia
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 17:50   #223
BHPian

Really liking the new Scorpio interiors, as they have outdone themselves by M&M standards. But the thing is, I don’t seem to be feeling the fact that they’ll look great even 3–4 years down the line. As they are a dying design trend if you compare it with 2022 standards. They would’ve looked great by 2019-2020 standards (the time they were actually supposed to launch).
Old 24th May 2021, 18:25   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Mahindra has become very conscious of getting spot-on NCAP safety ratings at launch itself and if the Thar’s side facing seats were discontinued right after launch to attain that 4-star rating then there is no way Mahindra is going to put side-facing collapsible seats in the new-gen Scorpio!

No NCAP testing is ever done with anyone in the third row of seats, so Mahindra can put whatever they want to back there, including plastic stools.
The NCAP only bothers with the first two rows of seats, and that too with two adults in the front seats, and a child in the back.

turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 18:58   #225
BHPian

The test mules do look nice from the front, its the rear that I want to understand how its gonna look. Most of the test mules i spotted, the rear reminded me of the Xylo. I just wish Mahindra take their time and has a perfectly executed rear.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks