Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 09:49   #91
BANNED

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio to be launched in Q2 2021 - Link
Quote:
The wait for the launch date of the next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (codename: Mahindra Z101) is finally over. Dr. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra, has gone on record to say that the all-new Mahindra Scorpio will be launched in Q2 2021
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 12:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

Has the Scorpio Been Ruined?

Here is a scoop from Cartoq.com

https://www.cartoq.com/2020-mahindra...ction-version/

Attaching the pics from cartoq for a quick reference

The first pic with the camouflaging on the nose

Although portions of the snap do suggest that the first picture itself could be a slight render

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-s1.jpg

Here are the renderings based on it, although the headlight and the air-dam lines do not match, but gives a vague idea of what to expect.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-s3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-s2.jpg
1100D is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 13:06   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Though it might be a step in right direction for scorpio to sit a little closer to ground and have a smaller height to reduce the top heavy feeling, however, looking at the render I feel the scorpio has lost its bad boy character.

The alloy has VW logo! I know its render. Yet, if the person took so many efforts to create it, might as well change the logo on the alloys to that of Mahindra! No?
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 14:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Though it might be a step in right direction for scorpio to sit a little closer to ground and have a smaller height to reduce the top heavy feeling, however, looking at the render I feel the scorpio has lost its bad boy character.
While I agree with your points, however, even with a lowered roof line, I am sure there would be a way to retain it's character. The way, say TUV300Plus exhibits it.

Infact everything about the Scorpio brand is the image it has carefully carved out for over two decades, otherwise practically the TUV300Plus is a better Scorpio! (Just that they don't offer it with 4WD, which they easily can)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
The alloy has VW logo! I know its render. Yet, if the person took so many efforts to create it, might as well change the logo on the alloys to that of Mahindra! No?
Thanks for pointing that, so that confirms that even the first image is a render and the actual vehicle can still turn out as an evolution of the original, with lowered roofline and better passenger space management.
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 13:58   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attaching the pics from cartoq for a quick reference
The original spyshots from WheelBHP:

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-newmahindrascorpiospiedtesting01.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-newmahindrascorpiospiedtesting03.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-newmahindrascorpiospiedtesting02.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-newmahindrascorpiospiedtesting04.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 15:25   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Packaging looks like it will fit only 5 or a 5+2 jump seat option. I so wish this not to be the case as the car will lose out its USP for versatility and will be just a bigger expensive TUV.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 11:48   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

So the Scorpio of generations so far was a very compact packaged SUV. One of the smallest overall volume when looked at. I mean just look at the front door windows from the 1st to current Scorpios. They are smaller than even most hatchbacks for reference! Yet - it could fit people in like a bus!

And now we have these images. It has a bonnet to challenge a Grand Cherokee in size. It has a rear view to challenge the Xylo in lack of imagination. And it has the boot / 3rd row to challenge the TUV300.

The frontal look sure is going to be the USP of this generation. It really is shaped quite imposing & will make people take a notice & make way when seen in the mirrors. After the overtake is complete, probably the overtaken are going to have second thoughts about letting it go past. Once they get the sight of the rest of the car.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 12:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling that it looks like a Dodge Durango based on the headlights and the hood scoop but with touches added from Mahindra like the Claw grill. However, the overall stance looks much better proportioned than the Current and Previous Generation Scorpio's. Now, if there is any chance Mahindra sells more Scorpio's than what it is already, they will have to have better ergonomics, fit-finish levels, and interior quality. Also, better pricing with more features like connected car technology and maybe a sunroof on the top variant will help it sell.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 1st June 2020 at 12:18.
Old 1st June 2020, 14:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The original spyshots from
Thanks! Was shocked when the snaps from cartoq appeared on the social networking newsfeed, but then, it was surely figment of someone's imagination (or lack of it). These original snaps restore hope!
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 17:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has named the new gen Scorpio The Sting. Expected to be launched by mid-2021, the new generation model will likely take a leap when it comes to offering premium features.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20201020172357_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20201020172710_chrome.jpg

https://www.motorbeam.com/mahindra-s...ure-exclusive/
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 19:41   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Has the Scorpio Been Ruined?
Here is a scoop from Cartoq.com
Cartoq has degenerated into another click bait article. Why should be pass judgment on a rendered image? As the saying goes "Wait for it".
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:17   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio to be launched in Q2 2021 - Link
Will this change now with the Mahindra unable to manage the overwhelming response to Thar which shares its manufacturing unit with the current gen scorpio?
Old 21st October 2020, 13:48   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra has named the new gen Scorpio The Sting. Expected to be launched by mid-2021, the new generation model will likely take a leap when it comes to offering premium features.
Not a fan of suffix, prefix for next gen models. Just so that it can be moved upmarket or sold side by side with the previous generation.

Grande, classic, grand, nios, elite, fluidic, transform, crysta, altis...

Either launch as a new model, or show respect to the brand legacy with an all new generation model.

Yeah, Scorpio stings.
Stinger is a cool name. Stingray is a cool name.
But Sting...erm...rhymes with stink..
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:30   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

I`m sure that name is not new to M&M especially their Marketing Department.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-sting.jpg

This is from the Scorpio Coffee table book which was released in 2010 I think. page 13. I got this picture from slideshare.

slideshare link
Kosfactor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 10:09   #105
Senior - BHPian

With what Mahindra has been able to accomplish with the Thar, I am really looking forward to this. This might just be the seven seater 4x4 automatic tourer that will fill the gap between 20 lakh Thar and the 45 lakh Fortuner. There is a big customer base who wants such a vehicle and have no option but to save up for a Fortuner. I think this one has got a better chance of taking the fight to Fortuner than Alturas. I am hoping that this gets classic boxy looks rather than the ugly XUV500 curves. I don't have much hope for the next gen XUV500. Knowing Mahindra,they will give it even more cuts and creases than the outgoing XUV500.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th November 2020 at 10:19.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks