Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 19:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Could this be the front end? Here is my guess work. I must admit, it appears to be inspired by Mercs.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 10:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

The new scorpio is looking very promising indeed. With M&M working with Ford for the next gen XUV 500, my guess is that the XUV will move upmarket in the 16-22L ex showroom territory, allowing M&M to price the new scorpio in the 12-18L ex showroom bracket.

One can expect M&M to sort out the interior packaging, which going by the revised dimensions, seems to be a given. Ride and handling though remains to be seen.

All in all, this will have a lot of takers if executed well, since it will not have any direct competitor and comes with a very strong brand legacy.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 11:56   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I think the new models coming out from Mahindra are much better than what we have seen earlier.

Most if their newer models are with major inputs from the North American Center and from Pinninafarina which they own now. That's why their newer designs are much better.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 13:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Arun Ragupathi for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
My name is Arun and I am an avid Team-BHP follower. Spotted this on the Chennai highway doing some serious speeds. And the car seems stable enough. There was no rock-n-roll movement observed, at least from what I saw.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145620-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145624-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145625-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145652-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145747-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145750-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20190527_145837-copy.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:10   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
The new scorpio is looking very promising indeed.
Exactly what I was thinking. After selling my mhawk 4WD, I swore I would never but a Mahindra product again and with all the ugliness that was coming out with the names of Quanto, Bunto, Chinto etc, it was an easy decision.

But with the Marrazo and the XUV300, and now the silhouette of the next gen Scorpio, I think I may have to reverse my decision and consider a Mahindra in the future. Mahindra always made relaible and hardy vehicles, but the design language, interior ergonomics and ride and comfort was always severely lacking. But I think the new Scorpio will be a game changer. Since the Harrier/Buzzard has gone mono-quoque and no automatic/AWD avaialble, the next Gen Scorpio will be the only body on frame SUV available in a decent price point with AWD & Automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
One can expect M&M to sort out the interior packaging, which going by the revised dimensions, seems to be a given. Ride and handling though remains to be seen.
The Marrazo and XUV300 have been rated high in the ride and handling department and I hope this is repeated with the next gen Scorpio as well. Finally we get a Safari from the Scorpio Stable.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:43   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Finally we get a Safari from the Scorpio Stable.
I'd be glad too if we have something like the Safari in our market. I'll always have something to aspire to. If they can make it a 4 or 5 star (G)NCAP rated Safari it'd be even better. (OT: How they made a body on frame Marazzo 4 star rated is something surprising, considering the poor crashworthiness reputation that body on frame vehicles typically have. Whatever magic wand they used for the Marazzo will hopefully work its magic on the new Scorpio as well.)

But given the prices of these newer vehicles hitting the market, I'd probably only be gladly buying a used example of one of these new-Gen Scorpios 7-10 years down the line.
Old 29th May 2019, 16:44   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
(OT: How they made a body on frame Marazzo 4 star rated is something surprising, considering the poor crashworthiness reputation that body on frame vehicles typically have. Whatever magic wand they used for the Marazzo will hopefully work its magic on the new Scorpio as well.)

The Marrazo in kind of a hybrid platorm. They have done some fusion between the monoqoque and body on frame. The monoqoque body is fused with the cross members. Rather than the typical body mounts on regular body on frame vehicles.

The Montero (Latest Gen Pajero/Shogun) has a different approach where there is a partial chasis under the monqoque body to hold the drive train and the suspension.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 22:21   #53
BHPian

It is interesting to note that the Ambassador of yesteryear only had a half chassis. The engine and drivetrain was held in this chassis and the rest of the car was a monocoque. Strange, but true.
sasi405 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 03:29   #54
BHPian

Maybe it's just me. The front end looks like it has taken design elements from the Alturas. Especially the front wheel arches. Anybody else seeing it?
Pontiac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 13:14   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Having owned the Mighty Muscular mhawk 4wd, my biggest complaint except for the two clutch slave cylinder failures which I have documented on this forum, was the completely stupid interior design and ergonomics and the ride quality.

I hope Mahindra has addressed these issues in the next gen scorpio.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 19:17   #56
BHPian

Next gen scorpio interiors spied
All credits to their respective owners
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-imageresizer-1.jpeg  

SaiSW is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 06:14   #57
Team-BHP Support

The Scorpio seems to have carried over the same upright dash layout from the previous/current gen, looking at the pic above. Not too clear, though.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 13:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Next gen scorpio interiors spied
All credits to their respective owners
Must say that that is camouflage is really good. Can't make out too much other than the manual dimming IRVM.
sainyamk95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 13:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Must say that that is camouflage is really good. Can't make out too much other than the manual dimming IRVM.
Yes this seems to be the Achilles heel of Indian manufacturer mainly Tata and Mahindra.

I don't get it, how hard it it to manufacture an auto dimming setup for a car, does it require exotic minerals or anything like that?

Slightly but bear with me, even cars like fortuner and Crysta that cost way more than 2 million rupees do not have it. Auto dimming irvm in the new xuv300 is a good sign that they're catching up, but then the Altroz doesn't have it. I don't need rain sensing wipers, I have perfect vision in both my eyes to see when it's raining.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 13:36   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I don't get it, how hard it it to manufacture an auto dimming setup for a car, does it require exotic minerals or anything like that?

I don't need rain sensing wipers, I have perfect vision in both my eyes to see when it's raining.
Completely agreed. It's not inconvenient at all to manually switch on headlamps and wipers. However, it's actually very dangerous when someone zooms ahead from behind you with their headlamps on high beam and blinds you for at least a couple seconds. Auto dimming IRVM needs to be part of mandatory driver safety equipment.
sainyamk95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks