Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 21:39   #106
BHPian

Re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Ford rightfully deserves an award for the most number of feature-to-variant goof-ups in the history of the Indian automobile industry! On one hand, there are MG and Kia who are coming all guns blazing into this very crowded segment with cars loaded to the gills with features, and on the other hand, there's Ford, hammering another nail in the Ecosport's coffin with every stupid move. And this for a car that revolutionised the compact SUV segment. It's unbelievably annoying when car-makers delete equipment from the top-end variants of cars.
RoverX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 09:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Ford's making stupid moves. The competition has just increased manyfold with the likes of the Venue and XUV300 in the market. Both SUVs are stuffed with features, and we now have Ford responding to competition by deleting features. :-D At this rate, Ford will go the GM way in India.

I wonder why they introduced the Figo AT when the Freestyle could have benefited from this feature the most. Coming to think of it, it's a perfect car to host that motor and AT. Lots of ground clearance, sweet handling and more importantly: a better seller than the Figo.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 10:29   #108
BHPian

If Ford keeps this up, over the next few years, they will become an engine manufacturing company like Fiat India and not a car company.

Last edited by Iyencar : 28th June 2019 at 10:30. Reason: Restructured sentence
Iyencar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 10:55   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You can request your bank to hold disbursing your approved loan (even if not the entire sum) until you've done a PDI. Would probably need a chat with the loan officer/bank manager but definitely possible. Most customers are averse to doing it because it delays delivery while the paperwork is processed, and dealers take advantage of their predicament.
I agree to this as I had done this twice in order to get my EcoSport Titanium diesel with sync 3. The JSP Ford guys almost convinced my dad to take delivery of the car without seeing it and got the loan approved but I was hell bent on seeing the car and verifying with the VIN if I was getting sync 3. Then, we cancelled the loan and booking from JSP and got my car from Hosur and registered in Bangalore.

You can cancel the booking and refund is given within a week from the dealer. The full booking amount is refunded. You need to give a cancelled cheque and a letter of cancellation. I have done this thrice so cancelling the booking isn't a problem

Last edited by jithin23 : 28th June 2019 at 10:55. Reason: Typo
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 11:59   #110
BHPian

While we are bashing Ford for deleting features left and right, recently on my visit to a Ford showroom, I saw the Thunder edition had flat-bed seats again! The seat base of the second row again had lever to pull them up for perfectly flat boot.

Can anybody who has recently purchased the Thunder, S or Titanium + MT confirm the same? Its one feature I badly wanted but Ford deleted it before I took the delivery of my S.
Old 28th June 2019, 14:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
While we are bashing Ford for deleting features left and right, recently on my visit to a Ford showroom, I saw the Thunder edition had flat-bed seats again! The seat base of the second row again had lever to pull them up for perfectly flat boot.

Can anybody who has recently purchased the Thunder, S or Titanium + MT confirm the same? Its one feature I badly wanted but Ford deleted it before I took the delivery of my S.
Does the Cargo Area Management System in the brochure means the flat bed seats? Or does it refer to that floor board which raises the height of the boot floor? In the latest brochure, I see Cargo Area Management System for Titanium Plus AT and S but not in Thunder
Old 28th June 2019, 14:58   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I saw the Thunder edition had flat-bed seats again! The seat base of the second row again had lever to pull them up for perfectly flat boot.

Can anybody who has recently purchased the Thunder, S or Titanium + MT confirm the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Does the Cargo Area Management System in the brochure means the flat bed seats? Or does it refer to that floor board which raises the height of the boot floor? In the latest brochure, I see Cargo Area Management System for Titanium Plus AT and S but not in Thunder
According to a Ford Ecosport 2018 brochure (not sure which country, though) I found online here...

"A rear Cargo Management System allows you to adjust the load-floor height for different levels of storage. In its top position, and with the rear seat folded down, a spacious load floor is perfect for moving furniture and other items."

Last edited by saisrujan : 28th June 2019 at 14:59.
saisrujan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 15:39   #113
BHPian

I gave my EcoSport for 20000 KM service. When I got the car back, I noticed that Auto Door Lock feature has been enabled. The door locks when the car reaches 20km/hr speed. I am sure it was not there before. I had to manually lock the doors everytime. I checked the vehicle settings for any new feature enhancement but couldn't see anything.

I called the Service Manager and asked him what are the other ECM changes were done. He said he has no clue how this itself was done so he knew nothing of other changes. I also asked how come I was not informed beforehand when such changes were being done and again he was blank. I hope something that was available already has not been removed or changed.

Last edited by gopalnt : 28th June 2019 at 15:40. Reason: Spelling Mistake corrected
Old 28th June 2019, 16:38   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I gave my EcoSport for 20000 KM service. When I got the car back, I noticed that Auto Door Lock feature has been enabled. The door locks when the car reaches 20km/hr speed. I am sure it was not there before. I had to manually lock the doors everytime. I checked the vehicle settings for any new feature enhancement but couldn't see anything.

I called the Service Manager and asked him what are the other ECM changes were done. He said he has no clue how this itself was done so he knew nothing of other changes. I also asked how come I was not informed beforehand when such changes were being done and again he was blank. I hope something that was available already has not been removed or changed.
Nope this feature was present right from the launch model. My guess is your car might have had a bug that didn't make the auto door lock. May be in service the system must have been reset and all is back to normal.
Am pretty sure because for 5 years I remember the car locking at 20 kmph.
Old 28th June 2019, 16:54   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I gave my EcoSport for 20000 KM service. When I got the car back, I noticed that Auto Door Lock feature has been enabled. The door locks when the car reaches 20km/hr speed. I am sure it was not there before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Nope this feature was present right from the launch model. My guess is your car might have had a bug that didn't make the auto door lock. May be in service the system must have been reset and all is back to normal.
Am pretty sure because for 5 years I remember the car locking at 20 kmph.
The auto lock feature wasn't present in the facelift during launch and was enabled later through a BCM update. @Deep...I think yours might be a pre-facelift EcoSport while Gopal's might be a facelift one.

More details here (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review).
Old 28th June 2019, 16:56   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure about the legality of this workaround. So proceed with caution.

How to Disable Ford Auto Locks - Link

Also, isnt there a setting in the center display module that you can just select to change the autolock timings?
Old 28th June 2019, 16:58   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I saw the Thunder edition had flat-bed seats again! ...
Can anybody who has recently purchased the Thunder, S or Titanium + MT confirm the same?
I just took the delivery of my 2019 ES Sport and no, it does not come with the lever for lifting the flat bed seats for flatter storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Does the Cargo Area Management System in the brochure means the flat bed seats? Or does it refer to that floor board which raises the height of the boot floor?
Cargo Area Management System refers to the height adjustable loading bed tray in the boot.
Old 28th June 2019, 17:11   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post
I am not sure about the legality of this workaround. So proceed with caution.

How to Disable Ford Auto Locks -
Why would someone want to disable the auto lock feature? Or am I missing something? When the facelift EcoSport was launched without this feature, many owners complained since they were used to this feature in other cars and hence always forgot to manually lock their cars once they started driving. This feature was later enabled by Ford through BCM update for existing owners and then came enabled from factory for new EcoSports
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 17:44   #119
BHPian

In my opinion, these frequent feature additions and subtractions have very little to do with marketing or product planners. Most OEMs are guilty of this in some form or the other. Tata, Ford, Renault might be more severe with these changes. The root cause I believe stems from the low volumes that the Indian car industry delivers for these OEMs/models. The more the number of trims per model the lower the volume per trim and hence the unique components for that particular trim have even lower volumes than what would be for say 2-3 trims per model. The recent trend of multiple engines, gearboxes, fuel type etc has resulted in very complex supply chains and lower volumes for differentiating features. No car OEM be it Ford or Tata will want to incur a higher part cost due to lower volumes. They might plan/launch the trim with certain features but over time the cost of certain components becomes prohibitively expensive to keep ordering or producing and hence the features are relegated only onto higher trims where the cost can be absorbed. Also, MOQs and projected volumes are not easy to determine in a complex market like India. This probably at times to higher inventory carrying costs/shelf life issues for certain features which are then quickly added on to other trims. It's basically a dance between production MOQs, BoM costs and sales volumes. Pretty difficult supply chain task if you ask me. It's definitely not adhoc or marketing driven.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 18:00   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post
Also, isnt there a setting in the center display module that you can just select to change the autolock timings?
For the facelift, the lock function is present in the MID to lock, unlock, to enable/disable auto lock and mislock. In pre-facelift, the doors get auto locked at 20km/h

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks