Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 16:59   #91
BHPian

re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
As I mentioned in other thread, I have already booked and waiting for some update from dealer on this. Dealer is behind me for clearing full payment and proceed with registration. Obviously I need to see the car myself before transferring any more money.
Obviously I was a little impatient and I wanted to see if someone else already took delivery of the 2019 AT model Guess I'll wait till you get to see your car. I'll proceed only after I receive your confirmation.
Old 24th June 2019, 17:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post

IMHO, Ford has goofed up in the brochure and Titanium+ AT retains Sync3 as suggested by few other members.

I hope you are right. I somehow feel Sync3 will be missing in the new cars. They had a perfect brochure which was in-sync with the clarification from the VP. Why change the brochure again now?

I had also seen a car waiting for delivery couple of weeks back, matching the previous brochure, but that itself doesn't mean much because it could be from an old lot.

Please see below post too, which has some info based on VIN if anybody could add more light on that.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4608998 (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)
Old 24th June 2019, 18:56   #93
BHPian

Guys, hold on! It might just be a goof up on the part of the brochure updater

If that's the case, then its nothing new

Check my one year old post from the official review here (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 01:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Titanium+ loses some features. EDIT: Only on the manual variant

So, I went and saw the car in the yard. It doesn't have Sync3. There were just two cars from new lot. Didn't bother checking rest of the features much because anyway I am not going to proceed with booking, but nothing else seemed missing. Basically the new brochure looks correct.

This is beyond frustrating. Not only did I waste two hours on a work day on this, now I have to figure out how to get the booking amount back from dealer. Nobody in the dealership had any clue about this. There were couple of other cars from previous month with Sync3 but they are already allotted to other bookings. The SA tried to check if he could get hold of any other cars but apparently they don't have any cars which aren't allotted. In any case I wouldn't want to take someone else's allotted car unless they cancel their booking. I haven't told my decision of canceling booking to dealer yet, but I guess I will wait for couple of days.

Why? Ford, why?

Last edited by SilentEngine : 26th June 2019 at 01:22.
SilentEngine is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 09:47   #95
BHPian

Quote:
So, I went and saw the car in the yard. It doesn't have Sync3.
Ouch! That’s just terrible! Maybe you can try another dealership? I can’t convince myself to spend 13 lacs on a car without CarPlay / android auto in 2019. Ford decided to eliminate itself from the race.
saisrujan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 11:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Ouch! That’s just terrible! Maybe you can try another dealership? I can’t convince myself to spend 13 lacs on a car without CarPlay / android auto in 2019. Ford decided to eliminate itself from the race.

Here in Bangalore, dealer quoted OTR is 14L+!
I have checked with another dealership but not hopeful of getting any car. They don't seem to keep extra stock of AT cars and they order based on bookings.
Old 26th June 2019, 12:54   #97
Team-BHP Support

Nothing to add to feature mess scenario, but this is a prime example why one shouldn't pay for a car without seeing it first.

Dealers would love to get your money upfront, but they wouldn't be anywhere as enthusiastic returning it if you want to back out for whatever reason.

With Ford and their penchant for changing features faster than changing underwear, it's doubly important customers don't get their money stuck without being absolutely sure they're getting what they were promised.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 13:19   #98
BHPian

I am attaching the new Ford Ecosport brochure that I downloaded today morning.

Only the S trim in the Ecosport lineup will get the Sync-3. Even the Titanium+ AT will get the Fly-audio system

I spoke to a Ford dealership in Mumbai today morning and they confirmed this, but even they are a little confused with all the changes being made so rapidly.

If anyone wants to buy an Ecosport and is ok with a manual buy the S trim only IMO.
Automatic buyers should look at other cars now, no point in having a car in 2019 without Android Auto and Apple car play.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure-Ford-Ecosport-2019-Mobile.pdf (3.24 MB, 534 views)
Vedant Gupta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 13:36   #99
BHPian

Quote:
So, I went and saw the car in the yard. It doesn't have Sync3.
That's just terrible! I completely empathize with you. Do let us know if you're able to get hold of another piece with Sync3.

I wonder then what was that circular all about that was shared by Ford India to dealers clearing the confusion that Titanium Plus AT would remain as it is feature wise. I guess that was ages ago according to Ford India's timeline!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 14:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Nothing to add to feature mess scenario, but this is a prime example why one shouldn't pay for a car without seeing it first.

I have paid only booking amount another small amount in this case.
It would have been a big mess had it been through a loan. Banks usually disburse amount immediately once loan is processed much before the customer had a chance to look at the car, and then I am not really sure what's the process for cancellation. I was about to go through with loan processing and it was an instinctive decision that changed the plan to pay full cash. I was just lucky this way.
Old 26th June 2019, 14:28   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....Banks usually disburse amount immediately once loan is processed much before the customer had a chance to look at the car, and then I am not really sure what's the process for cancellation....
You can request your bank to hold disbursing your approved loan (even if not the entire sum) until you've done a PDI. Would probably need a chat with the loan officer/bank manager but definitely possible. Most customers are averse to doing it because it delays delivery while the paperwork is processed, and dealers take advantage of their predicament.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th June 2019 at 14:30.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 09:00   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ok all is not lost. The good thing is that they retained all the good features on the Titanium+ Automatic.
Lol. And here I was last week, all happy that Ford did something smart and were not entirely dumb headed fools.

Looks like they have proved otherwise.

Removing SYNC3 from Titanium+ AT is a seriously stupid move and shows the company is clueless in understanding its market and target audience.

Just seeing 2-3 cancellations on this thread should be proof of that.
Vid6639 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 09:19   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Lol. And here I was last week, all happy that Ford did something smart and were not entirely dumb headed fools.

Looks like they have proved otherwise.

Removing SYNC3 from Titanium+ AT is a seriously stupid move and shows the company is clueless in understanding its market and target audience.

Just seeing 2-3 cancellations on this thread should be proof of that.
Thats the only way Ford can be different. All the possums in Kia, MG and Hyundai are going the connected car way. Maybe the product planners saw Die Hard 4.0 where the villain mocks Bruce Willis and calls him

"An analog man in a digital world"

But they saw the end of the movie and thought this was real life!
ajmat is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 16:37   #104
BHPian

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Ford should cut its fat profit margins from the Ecosport and restore the deleted features and give a sunroof to show that they care about the people who go out on a limb and see the Ford website and dealers yard and twitter while leaving office work behind.

First time in history that consumers are out shouting loud - what the heck Ford India, give me AT+ Sync 3 and sunroof and I will pay you 13 big ones for a small foot print car which is almost EOL - and they just give us silence in return.

I know of a potential owner who already owns a launch year ecosport willing to buy this car again with above specs and here we have a deaf ear company and cold shoulder dealership experience.

They can even launch the US spec 4X4 for good measure to get a halo, their American HQ do not need to be asked for it either, unlike Benz or Toyota who have to call HO and approve stuff. SMH.

Last edited by Ford5 : 27th June 2019 at 16:44.
Ford5 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 17:15   #105
BHPian

Re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
I know of a potential owner who already owns a launch year ecosport willing to buy this car again with above specs and here we have a deaf ear company and cold shoulder dealership experience.
Count me in. I am exactly on the same boat. One of the first to have got delivery of the original 2013 Ecosport Ecoboost in Hyderabad (my initial ownership report (Ford Ecosport Titanium (Ecoboost) - Diamond White)), and now wanting to go AT. My money will now probably go to Hyundai because of such spectacularly incompetent decision makers Ford seem to have let loose to manage their dying brand in India.

Last edited by saisrujan : 27th June 2019 at 17:20.
saisrujan is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks