Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 00:19   #91

re: Skoda Rapid replacement coming in 2021. Edit: Named Slavia

Honestly, I'm not so sure about the new car being marketed as "bigger" than the Rapid. I mean sure it might technically be bigger by a few mm but I don't know whether it should be positioned "above" the Rapid. I mean the 5th gen Honda City is bigger than the 4th gen but it's still in the C segment and not above the 4th gen right?
Besides I highly doubt whether anyone would pay 20 Lakhs for a car that's essentially the same size as the City, especially when the City is priced at a premium already (compared to its current competition at least). But the segment doesn't have a 1.5L 4cyl turbo engine so we might not know till the launch. Personally I think 12-18 Lakhs would be appropriate enough pricing keeping the competition in mind. I don't know if Slavia would be its final name but I think naming it Laura or Lauretta would be an interesting throwback of sorts.
I just hope the 1.5 TSi variant gets a manual option too like the Kushaq. Would expecting a vRS badge on it be wishful thinking?
Hash09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:54   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda's Premium Sedan 'Slavia' spotted again!

Expect it to be priced on par or more than the segment leader.

Skoda Rapid replacement coming in 2021. Edit: Named Slavia-1.jpg

Skoda Rapid replacement coming in 2021. Edit: Named Slavia-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 20:53   #93
BHPian

I have a question which arose in my mind after looking at the Kushaq review. I have posted this in the thread on Virtus as well.

Based on TBhp review, the rear seats of Kushaq are too narrow. Is this a limitation of the MQB AO IN platform? Can we expect when the same platform is used to design a sedan, the rear seats could have better shoulder room.

I am just trying to keep the expectations right. Will it be possible for Virtus/Slavia to give City/Ciaz like rear seats or should we expect something like a Verna or smaller.
Old 28th June 2021, 21:04   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
--- Can we expect when the same platform is used to design a sedan, the rear seats could have better shoulder room.

--
The Premium sedan is expected to mirror the dimensions of the global Virtus built on the MQB A0 platform.
It will be larger than the current Vento and as such will be priced higher.

Quote:
The Virtus measures in at 4,482mm long, 1,751mm wide and 1,472mm tall, making it 92mm longer, 52mm wider and 5mm taller than the Vento we get. Additionally, at 2,651mm its wheelbase is 98mm longer than the Vento’s 2,553mm wheelbase. What all this should translate to in a substantial improvement in terms of cabin space.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 21:49   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Premium sedan is expected to mirror the dimensions of the global Virtus built on the MQB A0 platform.
It will be larger than the current Vento and as such will be priced higher.
Thanks. Price is not really a problem. My requirement is primarily of a wider shoulder room on the rear seat. This dimension of Virtus/Slavia is about 1 cm narrower than Kushaq. Going by the reviews of Kushaq, I should not keep my hopes for Virtus/Slavia very high.
Old 28th June 2021, 22:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Price is not really a problem. My requirement is primarily of a wider shoulder room on the rear seat. This dimension of Virtus/Slavia is about 1 cm narrower than Kushaq. Going by the reviews of Kushaq, I should not keep my hopes for Virtus/Slavia very high.
Too early to predict. The above mentioned figures for the Slavia are 5 cm wider than the Vento, which I understand is better than the Kushaq in terms of rear seat width.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 22:49   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Too early to predict. The above mentioned figures for the Slavia are 5 cm wider than the Vento, which I understand is better than the Kushaq in terms of rear seat width.
Agree. Infact that was the original question. Is the width a limitation of the new platform, or is it possible that the sedan based on the same platform could be made wider than the SUV based on the same platform.

The Vento that you referred to is not based on the new platform so may not be the right comparison.
Old 1st July 2021, 14:48   #98
Senior - BHPian

Skoda mid-size sedan spied testing again with different alloys design.

Skoda Rapid replacement coming in 2021. Edit: Named Slavia-fb_img_1625130886193.jpg

It's a notchback keeping in with Skoda tradition.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st July 2021 at 14:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 15:09   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Most of the people were disappointed with the Skoda Octavia pricing and felt it was overpriced. It was done to make a way for 'Slavia' to be positive between Rapid and Octavia.
For sure. This seems to be the thought process behind the Kushaq pricing too I feel. Compromise a bit on the top end to push the "Slavia's" sales. Skoda also seems to be trying a similar strategy by position the Kushaq as a premium CUV but dimensionally straddling the line between a Sub-4m and CUV for those fat profit margins .

Could be an identical situation with the "Slavia", where they try and market it to be positioned between the City and Elantra. That way they can price it at a premium in the range of 13-19L ex-showroom. Sort of an effort to make a new C+ segment sedan and try and reinvent the premium sedan market in India.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:16   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

The Premium Notchback sedan from Skoda:

Skoda Rapid replacement coming in 2021. Edit: Named Slavia-1.jpg

Skoda Rapid replacement coming in 2021. Edit: Named Slavia-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 00:53   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Agree. Infact that was the original question. Is the width a limitation of the new platform, or is it possible that the sedan based on the same platform could be made wider than the SUV based on the same platform.

The Vento that you referred to is not based on the new platform so may not be the right comparison.
If you look at the rear seat photos of the Kushaq, a lot of space is eaten up by bolsters on both sides of the rear seats. These also house the rear seat airbags in the Kamiq. Had these not been there, the Kushaq would've been a perfectly comfortable seat for 3.
Remains to be seen if these are carried over to the sedan as well.
thechinmay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 22:37   #102

I have booked a Skoda Rapid Rider Plus 2 months ago, and I'm still waiting on the delivery. The dealer is unable to promise me a car because of low production, and also told me that Skoda has decided to stop production of Rapid.

What should I do?
Old 6th July 2021, 08:52   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
I have booked a Skoda Rapid Rider Plus 2 months ago, and I'm still waiting on the delivery. The dealer is unable to promise me a car because of low production, and also told me that Skoda has decided to stop production of Rapid.

What should I do?
You could check out the Vento Comfortline as an alternative or get a Honda City at a slightly higher price. This new sedan will be much more expensive than the Rapid.
Old 6th July 2021, 13:40   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
You could check out the Vento Comfortline as an alternative or get a Honda City at a slightly higher price. This new sedan will be much more expensive than the Rapid.
Is Honda City as good as the Skoda Rapid?
Frostbite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Is Honda City as good as the Skoda Rapid?
Definitely! It's bigger hence more space, newer, will be more reliable, and will have good resale value. Only downsides are that it's less engaging to drive and doesn't have a turbocharged engine. Please do take a test drive so that you'll have a better idea!
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks