Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 15:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Force has lost it's chance.
And how!!! An extremely capable vehicle with potential to be our very own local G-Wagen, completely wasted by directionless product strategy (if there was one) and of course, almost non-existent network! Force Motors is best off selling "Tempo Travelers" I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I totally agree with you. With force these issues are even more pronounced which makes it a very challenging buy. I wanted to buy the Old Pajero for quite sometime. I have liked it since I first laid my eyes on it more than 20 years ago. But I am more comfortable picking first hand or used cars less than 3-4 years old. I could never take the plunge.
Tell me about it I picked up an SFX 3 yrs back and was immediately taken aback by the appalling service levels of Mitsubishi Motors, much to my surprise as I expected their after sales service to be at par with the quality of their vehicles.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 07:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

As per IndianAutosBlog news article 2020 Force Gurkhas have started reaching the dealerships

https://indianautosblog.com/bs6-forc...rships-p321427

This appears to be a desperate move from Force motors, considering the grand launch of 2020 M&M That.

They should have improved the power specs IMO as many people will compare the same in two vehicles. Plus they can also look for launching 5-Door version before M&M does.
Old 21st August 2020, 08:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per IndianAutosBlog news article 2020 Force Gurkhas have started reaching the dealerships
Let me see if I can get a test drive this time around. I got one phone call from the company last time but no test drive scheduled. But Thar seems to have more bragging rights to enter my garage
Old 21st August 2020, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Let me see if I can get a test drive this time around. I got one phone call from the company last time but no test drive scheduled. But Thar seems to have more bragging rights to enter my garage
That with better numbers, fit & finish (I could spot few inconsistencies in AutoExpo Demo Gurkhas) & A.S.S. will be a no brainer I feel.

One has to be bit stubborn or at extremely good terms with local dealer to buy the Gurkha.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 17:24   #20
KPR
BANNED

I don't live in a place where I step out of home in the morning after night's sleep to see river beds, stones, rocks, slush. What I see is some tarred roads with some moderate speed bumps that is a cake walk for Spresso and a bit of careful driving for fully loaded Honda arrow city. Then a few hundred Kms of NHAI before I enter the nature.

Also I'm not a farmer. Had I been one my buy would be a tractor and not this Gurkha. Come on Force! We have to drive in highways to reach off roads. What can we do with that puny 90HP ?
Old 21st August 2020, 17:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
That with better numbers, fit & finish (I could spot few inconsistencies in AutoExpo Demo Gurkhas) & A.S.S. will be a no brainer I feel.

One has to be bit stubborn or at extremely good terms with local dealer to buy the Gurkha.
If Thar was a decision with head, Gurkha is to do with the heart. Seriously though Gurkha has great looking exterior but extremely sad interiors. To even call them utilitarian is making tall claim. Somehow if the A.S.S had some good feedback I may have picked it.

But come festival season we have three options coming catering to the adventurers: Thar, V Cross and Gurkha.

How good they are is a different matter. At the least we can be happy we have multiple choices.
Old 22nd August 2020, 06:28   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

These guys are trying to sell the few pieces they made before the 2020 Thar launch, else they will end up gathering dust in the factory.

85 bhp engine in year 2020 in a life style vehicle? Come on Force Motors !!!

Force Motors always, one step forward and then two steps back?

Just give us the old Xtreme with better interiors and safety.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 12:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Sigh! Why are they even bothering? They have a virtually non existent dealer network, and the little that is there perhaps aren't informed that their primary job is to sell cars. Now, with the new Thar promising to be a very competent product, this one will be DoA, unless its priced gob smack into the entry level bolero territory and aimed only at semi urban and rural markets.
Exactly where I think Force is trying to position it, against the Bolero.

Compared to the new Thar, there was a quite a large number of gaps they could have filled yet, they squandered it.
  1. The 90hp engine is simply too weak.
  2. No automatic transmission
  3. A 1950's interior in the name of Utilitarian needs.
  4. The latest spy-shots shows the exterior to be highly plain (leave bling, its not even taking a (modernized) retro approach!

With the advantage of having a 5 door variant compared to the Thar (many have pointed their desire for one), they only offer it with the weaker engine. As many members have rightly pointed out, with a thin dealer & service network, I wonder how they expect to achieve even decent sales.

Shoddy effort at best! Wonder if their management just wants to burn cash in the name of R&D and dismal sales.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:31   #24
BHPian

Not to forget poor NVH levels and truck like driving experience.

They have a decent platform with adequate proportions and cabin space. Factory fitted snorkel,racks which are road legal. The modded Gurkhas which they showed at the autoexpo could be ideal touring vehicles. Least they needed to do was give it a capable engine and decent interiors. Really sad state of affairs.
Old 24th August 2020, 13:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

What they need is better QC for their product line if not a modern production line altogether.
Old 24th August 2020, 17:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Force Gurkha to be launched by end-2020

Force Motors has confirmed that the next generation Gurkha will be launched at the end of this year.

Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied-g1.jpg

The new Gurkha was unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo. The off-roader retains its Mercedes G-Wagon inspired boxy looks. It has circular headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights and turn indicators positioned on top of the fenders. Spy images have also revealed a tailgate mounted spare wheel and snorkel.

Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied-4.jpg

The Gurkha presented at the Auto Expo had a dual-tone interior with a touchscreen head-unit. It had captain seats in the second row and two additional side-facing jump seats at the rear.

Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied-6.jpg

The new Gurkha will be powered by a BS6-compliant 2.6-litre diesel engine producing 89 BHP. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed transmission and an all-wheel drive system. The SUV comes equipped with an independent front suspension and a rigid axle at the rear.

Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied-8.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 18:41   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Force Motors wants some of that enormous "buzz" created by the Thar:

Quote:
Force Motors appoints DY Works to design the brand and experience strategy for their new generation Gurkha

Pune, August 24, 2020 : Force Motors, the Pune based automotive company has brought DY Works onboard to design the brand and experience for their iconic offroader Force Gurkha. Launched at the Auto Expo 2020 the new generation Gurkha is BS6 compliant and completely revamped. The new Gurkha is scheduled to launch at the end of the year.

Prasan Firodia, Managing Director, Force Motors, said, “There has been huge excitement and anticipation since the new Gurkha was revealed at the Auto Expo earlier this year. Our vision for Gurkha is to make it the most capable and enjoyable off-roader/recreation vehicle in India. We wanted to collaborate with a partner who understood our vision and could help us unlock the next growth story for Gurkha and DY’s approach matched our ambition perfectly. I look forward to creating an exciting story for Gurkha and its tribe with their team.”

Tresa Paul, Managing Director & CEO, DY Works, added, “There are offroaders and then there is the Gurkha - it’s a cult brand adored by its customers. The revamp of the Gurkha under the new platform is a vehicle that is unparalleled for offroaders and recreational enthusiats alike in India. We are excited to design this brand and bringing the new avatar alive. Our design thinking approach embedded with deep cultural insights will shape a strong growth strategy for the new Gurkha. Force Motors has a portfolio of iconic brands and partnering Force is a proud moment for us at DY.”
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Force Motors wants some of that enormous "buzz" created by the Thar:
Unfortunately for them, the Thar's aspirational value went thru the roof with the latest iteration, the same cannot be said of this Gurkha, especially with that interior
r0nit7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Unfortunately for them, the Thar's aspirational value went thru the roof with the latest iteration, the same cannot be said of this Gurkha, especially with that interior
Those interiors in 2020? Seriously? One look at the Dash and my chequebook goes back into the pocket!

Looks like the old Maruti Gypsy versions doing duty in National Parks. Rugged look is one that we can accept on the outside, but anyone sitting in those side buckets in the last row are going to pay for some painful ayurvedic massages!

Force motors should first bring in professionals to design the vehicle, not the marketing experience.
sridharj77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:38   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

On a lighter note, they should strip everything and just deliver it with a single temporary driver seat (someone has to drive it from Pune to the showroom, its a Force after all ) and drop the price accordingly.

Leave the interior job to the aftermarket customization shops, which will in all probability do a much better job.
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks