Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 03:05   #826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Bangalore on road price

Vxi 7,350,03
Zxi 8,166,77
Zxi L 8,569,39

With extended warranty, RT, Ins and Misc charges and vat not, bangy is bloody expensive
I feel your pain !!!
Old 9th May 2007, 03:15   #827
BHPian

Maruti rules out diesel version of 'SX4' for now

Maruti rules out diesel version of 'SX4' for now

Quote:
Despite a high demand for a diesel version of its global car 'Swift', Maruti Udyog Ltd Managing Director Jagdish Khattar today said the company had no plans to roll out a diesel version of the newly-launched SX4 sedan.
Old 9th May 2007, 04:25   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
This is all simply marketing strategy! If he says yes, obviously people will be put off and will wait for the diesel ver. So, I can safely assure there will be a D version in 6 months or so or once dust settles down on both Swift D and SX4 launch. Maruti's aim is to eat out as much market as possible from NHC and Fiesta and whatever Aveo had till May 7th Fiesta will be hit very hard and Aveo as well to some extent and real fight is going to be between NHC and SX4.

Last edited by sgmuser : 9th May 2007 at 04:27.
Old 9th May 2007, 09:22   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
This is all simply marketing strategy! If he says yes, obviously people will be put off and will wait for the diesel ver. So, I can safely assure there will be a D version in 6 months or so or once dust settles down on both Swift D and SX4 launch. Maruti's aim is to eat out as much market as possible from NHC and Fiesta and whatever Aveo had till May 7th Fiesta will be hit very hard and Aveo as well to some extent and real fight is going to be between NHC and SX4.
Yup, agree completely. Not sure if they will be able to launch the D in 6 months. But, am sure it is on the anvil. The strategy seems to be that they will take the City to the cleaners and then turn their attention to the diesel Fiesta.

Will depend on how the SX4 climbs the sales charts. It's an awesome start with the price. Now let's see how it performs on the road
Old 9th May 2007, 09:28   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
The only place where city can score is the FE. Hope SX4 does a good job there
Old 9th May 2007, 11:08   #831
BHPian

Kudos to Maruti for a well placed variant. I do hope that NHC feels the heat now. Why were they selling it at a premium without giving any of the basic features and Indians just went ga ga over it considering only the FE factor. Agreed it is a good thing to have FE but not without a complete package like the SX4 at the right justified price.

Well done Maruti !!!

Here is the first full size ad for the SX4. It does looks manly - a man among the cars.

Old 9th May 2007, 11:12   #832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And unlike Ford, MUL has the might to take the fight to Honda.
And why do you think that Ford didnt take the fight to Honda?
Ford set the cat among the pigeons by launching the Fiesta. That they had a diesel variant too to take on the fight was an ace up their sleeve.
Alteast they dont keep cribbing about the diesel quality in India being so bad that they cannot introduce diesel technology on their cars.

Edit : With respect to the ad posted above my post, once again as someone pointed out the pic is taken from the bottom half/ground. Skirtings have also been added, possibly to mask the high GC.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th May 2007 at 11:27.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:18   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
After having driven the SX4 today.The only negative I felt was the unsure handling on bumy roads.
All those TBHP Test Drivers of SX4,
Can you pls really check this out whether this is true? I mentioned already as I drive a SX4 which has a sticker (drive side pillar) saying 33psi for the tires with 4 adults + 1child load. I felt it was so bumpy with even 5 adults. Then I tried bring it down till 29 and felt the bumpiness is far better. But the handling is poor in this psi when comparing with 33psi. So, I would like to request you guys do a check of cornering esp and then the shock performance as well to make sure whether this is a design issue.

I have read almost 3 or 4 posts complaining about the ride quality of SX4.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:25   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
And why do you think that Ford didnt take the fight to Honda?
Ford set the cat among the pigeons by launching the Fiesta. That they had a diesel variant too to take on the fight was an ace up their sleeve.
Alteast they dont keep cribbing about the diesel quality in India being so bad that they cannot introduce diesel technology on their cars.
I was referring only to the petrols. More specifically, the fight between the NHC and the SX4. And I really do not like the Fiesta diesel much. It's a 1.4 engine and can only muster, what, 68 bhp? How does the 1.5 Hyundai put out close to 110 bhp?
Old 9th May 2007, 11:32   #835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I was referring only to the petrols. More specifically, the fight between the NHC and the SX4. And I really do not like the Fiesta diesel much. It's a 1.4 engine and can only muster, what, 68 bhp? How does the 1.5 Hyundai put out close to 110 bhp?
That was quick, pal. Was anticipating the response real fast.
The fight between the NHC and the SX4 is definitely mouth watering, and i am taking sides with the SX4 here.

Fiesta diesel in the 1.4 avatar was meant for the masses who were looking at a certain refinement with an oil burner. Not meant for the enthusiast.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:48   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well considering that the OHC got phased out nearly 4 years ago, I doubt it has much to fear about

Pardon the "typographical error" Sir ! I meant the NHC

Cheers
Old 9th May 2007, 12:24   #837
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
Here is the first full size ad for the SX4. It does looks manly - a man among the cars.

OT but related : Is Maruti crazy to do this? The female influence on car purchases is higher than ever, and most SX4 buyers will have a woman in the house.

Or maybe women like macho too!
Old 9th May 2007, 12:28   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
OT but related : Is Maruti crazy to do this? The female influence on car purchases is higher than ever, and most SX4 buyers will have a woman in the house.

Or maybe women like macho too!
Cars and bikes are always advertised as manly as the populace buying them are "manly" majority and ofcourse women do tend to bend a bit more towards the manly fella
Old 9th May 2007, 12:32   #839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Cars and bikes are always advertised as manly as the populace buying them are "manly" majority and ofcourse women do tend to bend a bit more towards the manly fella
I think Maruti is crazy. They are saying, come you men, ride a man.
This is as stupid as the pulsar ad.
Old 9th May 2007, 12:35   #840
Senior - BHPian

No, what they are really saying is that feel like a man, this is the perfect woman for you. depends where your sexual orientations are.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks